tuscl

Armageddon hits Downtown Detroit

I can't verify if this is true, but I have read on another forum that the two clubs in downtown Detroit have recently been hit hard by both Detroit vice and the MLCC. Legends was ordered to take down their curtains, and it appears that they have complied with the order. Bouzouki, the "clean" club, recently had a raid where about 40 tickets got issued. While their VIP had no curtains to begin with, they were still ordered to remove the stalls and have the area completely wide open. I have not been downtown in over a month, so I can't verify if any of this is true. This is all second hand information that a few individuals had reported on another forum. Link is below.

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showth…

50 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Almost all extras-friendly cities experience an occasional "Armageddon".

It happened in Providence a few years ago. It's not like the good old days, but things are creeping back towards where they used to be.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    This happens from time to time still, it seems in Detroit. Most times things get back to business as usual after a brief cooling down period.

However, if it is something that people don't feel comfortable with happening, there are always the clubs outside of the Detroit city limits in other cities where extras are available without the threat of Detroit vice spoiling a good time...
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    This is Nina's club. Hopefully, she can comment.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    Am I the only one who has gotten extras at Bouzouki?
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    ^^^ It appears that hand jobs were becoming a common occurrence at Bouzouki recently. From the sound of it, that club seems to have management issues as a lot of girls from that club have left to go to Legends. Meanwhile, most of the extras girls at Legends have left to either go to Players or Coliseum. I can only imagine that Detroit vice will now be making a ton of visits to 8 Mile clubs, which will again result in girls from these clubs leaving to go to the clubs in the suburbs.
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    Is there an ongoing investigation of any city council members or the police chief? Seems every time a Detroit politician is under investigation, there is another crackdown on strip clubs.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I do think part of it is because it is an election year for Detroit mayor.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    Hopefully the King of the Strip takes care of DPD so they won't fuck with the 8 mile clubs. Legends is such a waste of money I feel like they're never going to live up to the hype. IDK that extras were available at Bouz because it was so out in the open. I wonder what's sparking all of this heat
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The club owners must have forgotten to pay their bribes to the vice cops.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    I quit Bouzouki several weeks ago as there have been management changes and a female manager hates me for no apparent reason and constantly targeted me. I got sick of having a target on my back because of a catty manager who acts like a stripper herself so I chose not to return. Also, extras started to become more apparent because they are desperate for girls. As for the stalls, those have been taken down for a while now. It's nothing new. Their talent level from when I first got hired compared to now is pathetic. It's just the truth.

So, I went around the block and am liking it. Yes, the curtains just came down. Very recent developement. And yes, Bouzouki was indeed raided a few weeks ago and about 40 tickets were issued. Some girls got multiple tickets. It seems a little unfair, but I wasn't there so idk what exactly happened.

Legends (imo) lives up to "the hype." During the Mayweather McGregor fight, there were like 70 girls working. On weekends all three floors get packed and later at night there's almost always a wait for vip. They could use more vip rooms is my only complaint.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    And I don't go by Nina at Legends btw because, sadly, that name was already taken.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    @Nina: If you're not going by Nina at Legends, what name are you going by?
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Stassi (STAH-see). Short for Nastassia but I go by Stassi. ;)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Stasi?
    I didn't realize you were East German.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    Its probably as previously stated the mayoral election, but even though neither Legends or Bozouki's is close to the new Little Caesar's arena, I wonder if there is some sort of push from the Illich family to keep downtown a 'family friendly entertainment zone'? There is certainly life down there where none was before-it just seems they are out to remove Adult Entertainment from the mix.
  • Heellover
    7 years ago
    Nina- I don't know you, but you are very pretty and well spoken (written haha). Sucks that you had to go through a shitty management change at bouzouki (don't know the club as I'm in az). I'm sure you'll do awesome at your new club. A lot of drama happened at my favorite club in az last year (mostly management bullshit) and a lot of the best dancers left. I found a new club to go to and am now a regular there (not that it really matters haha). I never went back to the other place after about 7 years. I don't understand why management has to treat the dancers (THE reason that customers spend a lot of money) badly in a lot of clubs. The new club I go to treats their dancers (and rest of staff) really well. They don't tolerate bullshit. I have casually talked with management several times (they all know my story about the previous club lol and are really cool) as well as talked with several dancers who all say they really like the management and owner. It is such a world of difference and such a welcome change. Hope you have a similar experience- and do really well. Cheers!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Well,as usual, the faker posing as me has no clue, guys and gals, fake vm, is so pathetic, he's a typical Douchester/txtittydumbass troll.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "Stasi?
    I didn't realize you were East German"

Lol I didn't realize you were obsessed with my ethnicity. Oh wait...

Nastassia has many origins, one of which is Eastern Europe, and my father is Ukrainian. Thanks for your interest!
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    And to add on to that, Flagooner, it's Stassi*, not Stasi. I literally spelled it out for you alphabetically AND phonetically. Read.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    @flagooner. right over her head. lol
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Nina the STASI were the secret police before the Berlin Wall came down they were screwing with you.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    East German STASI were some of the worst.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    They love to screw with me, but they can never actually screw me. Oops.

Also what goes over so many "heads" here is my use of reductio ad absurdum. I will play dumb, to a pretty literal and obvious sense, until I am playing my haters in my hands like puppet strings. Even Dougster has caught on to this and called it out (kudos). I wasn't going to brag about my Ukrainian pride until Flagooner opened the window for me to do so. Good job! Thank you for the platform.

Keep up, baby boys.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    all righty then. lol
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "all righty then. lol"

Well thought out and eloquent.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    Getting back on topic, Nina since Legends took down the curtains what do they have up now in VIP? & So has Bouz calmed back down? The only time I been was like 4 years ago and the talent was pretty bad then I can't even imagine now
  • SuperDude
    7 years ago
    Mayor Mike Duggan, the former Wayne County Prosecutor, is trying to show he's tough on crime and protecting neighborhood values near the clubs. It's an election year and the ordinances that were passed years ago are, now, being vigorously enforced for the first time. Bouzouki is owned by my landlord, a guy who does not care about quality or service, just getting as much money as he can for little effort.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    I don't want to shit talk Bouzouki too badly because I honestly loved the place my first two years. The last 9 months or so were pretty terrible. The money potential was still there, but it was more difficult to make and the management changes just were crazy. There are still a few great looking gals there though. I got hired there almost 3 yrs ago, made over 1k in one night by my 2nd shift, and things were great. Little to NO extras, which was good for me.

I vowed that I would stay at BZ and not flock to Legends like so many girls did. Then basically, I got suspended for a week for "disrespecting" one of the male managers (via text) who I've worked for since I started and ALWAYS respected --- I simply was texting him about how *I* felt disrespected by another manager there (female) and told him I won't tolerate the disrespect and that's why girls are leaving in droves for Legends. He literally suspended me for a week over that. Laughable. So I'm not going to bend over and be without income for a week without choosing to do so by my own accord, so I ventured to Legends. Similarly, I had my first 1k+ night my second night there as well lol. BZ is the least fancy club I've ever worked at so it felt kinda good being at an upscale club like the ones I worked at prior when I went to Legends. I also saw a LOT of familiar faces from clubs I've worked at in the past, from bouncers to agents to managers and even one of the dj's. I like Legends, unfortunately haven't been there since they very recently remodeled the vip so I can't give much info. I think it happened over last weekend, which I was unable to work. I'm working day shift tomorrow though, so I should be able to report back. Thanks for getting back on topic btw.

As far as BZ is concerned, it's filled with gossiping women who don't make money because they are too busy gossiping or telling lies. The lie-tellers are the ones who are like 50-60 and apparently have nothing better to do. Lol
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    ^that was to Bigtezzy.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    @ninabambina “Well thought out and eloquent.”

you’re welcome. i didn’t want another one to go over your head
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I've seen similar things happen over the years in other cities (Cleveland for a more recent example). It seems "enforcement" is most concerned with the clubs that are closest to city center and close to other things that drive people to the city (sporting/concert venues, nightlife, convention centers, etc.) and they are less concerned with clubs in outlying areas.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    All I've heard is that the curtains are gone and the VIP's are now half stalls. I will let Nina report back on specifically what has changed as opposed to relying on comments that I've read on another forum.

If the talent level at Legends is as good as it was back in June, I think the club will do just fine, even if it has to operate as a "clean" club. After all, there are people who go to strip clubs that are completely oblivious to the thought of extras being available. It seems a lot of those more casual, and out-of-town types are more likely to visit the clubs downtown.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    As for Bouzouki, I have never been there, and from the sounds of it, I am not missing much given recent reports about that club.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    * that should say when I visited back in June
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "you’re welcome."
    Dr phil, I didn't say thank you.

"i didn’t want another one to go over your head"
    You shitheads can't even get anything to go over my head properly (which is pathetic because I'm 5'2"). Flagooner's outwardly lame attempt at... I'm not sure what he attempted... humor? Well, it was irrelevant and a failed attempt at best seeing as how I not only spelled my new stage name, but pronounced it phonetically, neither of which matches the German spelling or pronunciation of the German 'STASI.' Epic fail, idiot. Wanna talk about going over heads? Your little head, and I'm not EVEN talking about the pitiful one that contains your brain, is so fucking small and disgraceful that you've been gunning for me since the minute I got to this forum and you have yet to fire a shot that hit me. Perhaps if your dick wasn't so small, you would've.
  • ReiDetroit
    7 years ago
    I work at Legends and can confirm everything. The person who wrote those posts was not lying and everything they wrote was accurate.

Bouzouki is a terrible club. The management stopped reprimanding girls for hand jobs (it used to be $100 fine) because girls began to leave or refused to pay tip out. So they installed cameras in the VIPs to deter girls from HJs or handies (day shift). I was run out of there due to the aggressive environment. My safety became an issue, and the lack of communication between the FIVE managers and "security" provided an unstable and unsafe place to be in. There were several reasons why I left, but I rank harassment and safety as being the primary reasons.

Bouzouki fines their ladies if they work at Legends. They say we can work anywhere except for Legends. They have no non-compete contracts for us to sign, but we are not allowed to return to Bouzouki without paying a $500 fine for working at Legends.

Four of my Bouzouki friends all went to Legends one weekend. They were literally fed up with the negative environment. I went and joined them the next weekend. Nina joined us a few weeks ago after contacting me about what happened to her there. Other Bouzouki girls have also gone to Legends since I started June 30th.

Legends had VIP rooms with curtains. The curtains were cleaned weekly (albeit stained and gross). For those of you who have seen the previous set up, imagine the stalls were literally cut in half. You have a stall, but it doesn't go up as high - maybe 3-4 feet or so? There are rails on the sides and no door or curtain. If you stand up you can see down the row. The chairs are the same. There are little stands to put belongings on that were there before as well. There used to be lights above every seat, but those are now gone. Contrary to what you think, it is still dark in there. The further from the entrance, the darker it gets. The very end of the row has two booths that are above the rest. If you're coming for extras, tip your VIP host more and ask for one of those. The hosts know who the clean girls are and are more likely to put them toward the entrance. Also, there is a second VIP room here. The second floor champagne room is used as a VIP when it is not rented out. The windows were recently removed though because a club cannot have an obstructed view into their VIPs (it's in the ordinance). The poles from both champagne rooms were removed briefly, but put back in last week. Any pole has to be on a platform of 18 inches or taller (and now they are). One of the bouncers told me they were told to shut down or revamp the VIPs. I believe him. Centerfold got the same notice last year and also complied.

Everything that customer wrote on USA Sex Guide is true about both places. That customer comes into Legends a lot now, but still goes to Bouzouki. I guess the girls they are hiring are 4-6 range and definitely not prime lookers (that is hearsay from him though). Management still has stuff up their asses and I guess it is still being run terribly. The stopped their Metro Times ads and bought an Instagram that had zero photos and 10k followers. Most of their ads have typos and desperately need to be run through a spell check. Their Instagram is still set to private and it is not linked to their Facebook Like page, so the updates don't post to their Facebook page at all. Nina can vouch for me on how they fucked me over really bad after 4 years of loyalty and she also knows I have no problem dishing that club's business. They were broken into twice this year and there was no alarm to notify anyone. At least a dozen cabaret licenses belonging to staff and dancers were stolen. Those cards have personal information on them including real names and addresses. Mine was not stolen, but I've asked for mine back FIVE times and they give me excuses every time. I hate them with a passion, so I filed a report with the police for theft. Oopsie.

Bouzouki was raided twice in August. The first time, 37-40 tickets were given. It was around 1:15am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. Vice went to the nightclub above the strip club and through the building (the hallways lead into different businesses there) into Bouzouki. Nobody in Bouzouki knew vice was in the building, so nobody had any warning to cover up or get out of VIP. They were rough on the girls and some were yanked off of stage or pushed up against walls. Some girls got multiple tickets, some only got one. The 60+ pages of the city ordinance outlines various reasons why someone can receive multiple tickets. And about two weeks ago, they were raided again. They took the Michigan Liquor License Commission with them. Loco's, next door, got their third ticket for serving a minor earlier in August, so they might just be targeting Dennis, the slumlord owner. Earlier this year, the city tried to shut down the Russell Industrial Center, which he co-owns.

Also, the bouncers at Legends told me vice is having other clubs revamp their VIPs as well. My boss at my other job goes to Penthouse and was bitching last night that the curtains were down, but I don't know. It could have just been a one night thing.

If you have any other questions about the VIP at Legends or the bs from Bouzouki, I am happy to answer them. :)
  • ReiDetroit
    7 years ago
    Also, the booths at Bouzouki were removed late last year. The club got a ticket for having them up. And I mad an error. The day shift girls at Bouzouki were getting away with BJs and HJs. HJs and undercutting dancers giving $10 dances were becoming too popular on night shift for me to stick around. Even with management knowing about the $10 dances, they didn't care.
    And Nina is right. There is too much gossip there. I could never walk in without one house mom asking me shit about my personal life and the other just talking shit about me and everyone else. The managers don't believe in confidentiality and will tell anyone's business to anyone. The aggression came with lack of business and the complete vibe you feel when you are there. It was just... awful. I truly feel bad for any new hires they have had. I had wanted to move to Legends for a while, but was always afraid of trying it because of the $500 fine. My only regret is fearing that fine and not having switched clubs at the beginning of the year.
  • ReiDetroit
    7 years ago
    One more comment and I'll be done: most people seem to hypothesize over why vice is being so harsh. I highly doubt any of you have ever read through the Detroit City Ordinance, so I have provided a link at the end of this comment. It is a lengthy read. And while I don't want a ticket, I also understand vice is just enforcing this.
    Customers get tickets along with the dancer they are with. It is a misdemeanor charge that is usually written off with a few months of probation (the probation is literally no police contact for x amount of days/months). Avoid more tickets, and the charge goes away like it never happened.
    I got one in 2013, paid my fine, avoided further trouble, and then it was all good after 90 days.

Ordinance: https://library.municode.com/mi/detroit/…
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ "And to add on to that, Flagooner, it's Stassi*, not Stasi. I literally spelled it out for you alphabetically AND phonetically. Read."

Do you wear a name tag in the club so your johns know the spelling?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Oh, you mentioned phonetically as well.

In a loud club it may be difficult to differentiate the pronunciation when you tell them your name with their cock in your mouth.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    @ninabambina “…that you've been gunning for me since the minute I got to this forum…”

ummm, no. i’d like to remind you that besides tactfully pointing out your extreme self-centered narcissism which we both know is nothing more than a coping mechanism for your many insecurities, i was among the first, second in fact only to @GoVikings, to welcome you to this forum. let’s review shall we:

https://www.tuscl.net/?page=post&id=2600…

i said “anyways i’m sure we’ll be hearing more from you so welcome aboard.”

to which you replied “Thanks everyone who welcomed me! :D I probably won't be posting much though.”

now after you’ve posted more than 2000 comments you tell us that all your idiotic statements, inane drivel and seemingly endless blind ignorant postings were all a charade, an act and you were only playing dumb at our expense. well you certainly got me boy howdy. i should have remembered that old adage. “how can you tell a stripper is lying…”

but all that is water under the bridge. here we are almost 4 years later and you’ve finished law school and are set to begin a whole new career. i suppose that the only time we’ll see you from now on is in one of those TV commercials where you’ll say something like “call me first. i’m not just any ambulance chasing lawyer. i’m the STASI lawyer.”

oh and about the final comment in @motorhead’s thread that i made two years after your first appearance:

“@motorhead dammit. first time you’ve ever given me cause to cuss you but wtf? it’s like you’ve given genital herpes to TUSCL”

nothing personal, okay
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    Ignoring the bullshit above thanks to Rei & Nina for the insight into what's going on at Legends and BZ. Based on everything you said I won't be visiting either anytime soon. Legends VIP sounds like a complete waste of time now. Hopefully the 8 mile clubs won't be affected but I think Detroit wants downtown to be a family atmosphere due to the Pistons moving back. Sound like Legends may become BZ 2.0
  • ReiDetroit
    7 years ago
    I can guarantee Legends is not and will never be anything like Bouzouki. I highly doubt Bouzouki can manage to stay open for another year or two due to their other internal issues going on. They bought a $72,000 stage (the female manager there was proud to let that price be known) when I asked her what their plans were to prevent more girls going to Legends. Unfortunately, that stage has yet to be set up due to the fines from the raids.
    Legends is and will always be ahead of Bouzouki and putting them after that heap of a garbage club is nearly insulting. Bouzouki, Loco's, and Niki's have cockroaches. Legends does preventative spraying every week. Legends aired the big fight. Bouzouki whined and cried because they didn't get business that night. Legends posts daily on Facebook and Instagram. Bouzouki bought an Instagram page and the waiter from the restaurant who works as a manager on Saturday nights and runs the page can't manage a social media account worth shit. Bouzouki will charge you full price for a half ounce of liquor because they have automatic pourers. Legends free pours and gives you your moneys worth.

While Legends may sound like a waste of time to you, you are entitled to that opinion. I can promise it is still the same fun, lively atmosphere is has been known as outside of the VIP area though.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    First of all, I want to say thank you both Nina and Rei for the information you have shared.

Based on my one visit to Legends back in June, I think that club will do just fine going forward. While there are still many Detroit areas clubs I have yet to visit, so far Legends had the hottest selection of dancers I had seen. Based on the recent developments, I probably won't have the same type of VIP experience that I had on my first visit if I return to that club. While I won't make a special trip downtown just to go to Legends, I could still see myself stopping by if I have a good night at the casino.
  • maho
    7 years ago
    As an out of state visitor who may be visiting Detroit 2-3 time here shortly this fall, the thoughts and information on the topic are appreciated.
    By my unofficial count, there are 3 clubs left in Detroit with private VIPs - Penthouse, Coliseum, and Players. All are on 8 Mile.

Seems the past 3-4 years around the fall there is heat on the clubs. The difference this time seems to be Penthouse was actually forced to close recently for a week around 4th of July, and one of the big clubs (Legends) was forced to remove their private VIP.

Guess my question at this point is was the Penthouse week long closing their slap on the wrist for 2017 and things will remain business as usual until 2018? Or is the hammer literally getting ready to drop on Penthouse and Coliseum here shortly? Part of me would love to believe the Legends hammer was due to them being downtown and what comes with that, and they will leave 8 Mile alone. The flipside to this is you have 2 clubs literally within .5-1.5 miles on 8 Mile within Penthouse - Ace of Spades and Trumpps - that have been forced to remove their private VIPs. The selective enforcement of rules is fascinating. Have had someone tell me Penthouse is big enough to pay any fines or what have you.

Anyway, thanks again for all the updates. Will be following closely before heading up. Guess the good news is there is always Flight Club, and could try out for the first time a couple of the mid-tier clubs like Landing Strip and Cricket, but Penthouse and Coliseum (my favorite this past summer) are pretty easily my 2 favorite clubs.
    On the bright side t
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Yes, I can assure everything Rei has said is true. She was treated very unfairly to a disgusting degree; bz should reconsider treating their girls that way because they are losing soon many loyal girls. I never would've left if the disrespect hadn't occurred.

And drphil nice try, I'll annihilate you every time.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    “call me first. i’m not just any ambulance chasing lawyer. i’m the STASI lawyer.”

So I'm like a Saul Goodman? The compliments just keep flowing. Four years later, are you still a PL? I've gone on to greener pastures, little head.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Best of luck to you, Nina. Times are tough at the moment for the downtown clubs. As others have noted even the 8 Mile clubs are being harassed by the city. It will pass, and the clubs will survive.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Thanks. Times are always rough around this time of year, anyway. Financial aftermath of family vacations, expenses of kids going back to school, etc. I'll hang in there.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    Thanks for all of the great info ladies! & Lol didn't mean to ruffle your feathers about Legends, I've never been I can only go on what I've heard
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion