tuscl

Dives or higher quality clubs?

Doces300
You can run but you will only die tired
I am sure there has been a discussion of this here before, but being a lazy asshole I did not look for it. What kind of clubs do you prefer? Where I live the choice of clubs is dive, dive or dive, pick your poison. Because of this I rarely get to higher quality clubs, only when out of state on business without the wife tagging along. I have found I prefer the dives as long as there are a couple of interesting girls there. They tend to be quieter and more lax on rules. Also it seems to me less money buys alot more attention in dives. This maybe a case of By eating hamburger all the time you Begin to prefer it to filet mignon. What do you guys think?

29 comments

• Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    7 years ago
    Dives
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Dives for my money....i dont make it rain or air dance with stuck up girlies that are too good to work for it
  • HungryGiraffe
    7 years ago
    I enjoy the full spectrum of clubs. Met one of my favs at a dive in NJ and my ATF at an upscale NYC club. It's really all about the quality of the ladies and the kind of interaction possible.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    Dives, as long as it's not in a real dangerous neighborhood. One exception was Hong Kong, which is no dive but is in a potentially dangerous neighborhood.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Higher quality clubs with hot dancers, reasonable prices, and mileage. There aren't a lot of them, but they do exist in some cities. Look at the list of top value clubs.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm somewhere in between. I don't consider Follies to be a dive and that is where I hang 99.9% of the time. Atlanta Cheetah is the most high class club that I have ever been in and only once. I'll never go back.
    7 years ago
    Dives, as long as they aren't so dicey that I might catch something.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I prefer high quality gentlemen's clubs because I'm a gentleman.
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    I prefer clubs with the ambience of a gentleman's club and the VIP room of a dive :)

Serious answer: My sweet spot is a "middle-brow" club -- neither posh nor too divey -- where the "front room" (I can't believe I'm quoting that tool) is nice and the VIP room is lots of fun. Club Rio in Indy hits that sweet spot.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I like swim up bars in dive clubs.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    On a scale of 6 (total dive) to 28 (elegant gentleman's club), my sweet spot is about a 15.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    No preference on the club setup. The dancers are what make the difference for my visits.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    If I can afford it, high quality.

If I can't afford it, then I usually am frustrated.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    My preference is higher quality than dive. OTOH, I wouldn't go into a place where I got the impression that everyone kind of expects a customer to spend $600+ on a visit.

Counter-intuitively, I have been in dives where the rules seemed stricter and prices higher than some higher quality clubs in the same town. Maybe part of it was that I didn't look the part in that particular dive. Might also be that they were catering to the clientele that would be hassled while going into the nicer clubs, and to balance it out, tried to set things up to avoid too much trouble being made.

I currently visit a dive most often. It used to be my third choice, but whales became prevalent at one of the other clubs. The kind of dancer shifted away from my tastes at the other. The ROB experience can be quite a bit more expensive at the higher quality ones, too.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    I enjoy them all. My favorite dive is the Outer Space club in Philadelphia, which is in a neighborhood that is so awful there really are no words to describe it.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    On a scale from 1-10, where 1 is a dive and 10 is upscale, I like to be in the 6-7 range. Not quite upscale, but far from being a dive.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I like them all. Which type depends on the talent moreso than the accommodations. I prefer places without VIP, where they concentrate on stage or plain lap dances. Simple, fun.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Skibum youre a bold man. Risking life and limb for teh strippers...i think not.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    some say that zona norte tj is sketch. maybe.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I find too-many of the upscale places a bit too-pretentious for my taste where many of the dancers make you feel as if they are doing *you* a favor by taking your $$$ - a lot of the hot-women in upscale places seem to have an attitude that they should be paid big-$$$ for just looking pretty and you having the privilege of being in their presence.

As has been mentioned, IME dancers at dives seem to work harder for their $$$ and more often appreciate what you spend on them vs the upscale hos that never seem to be satisfied w/ how much you spend.

The downside to dives IMO are:

+ custies, dancers, and staff, can often be more rude and low-class thus potentially making a visit uncomfortable

+ less security - often times in small dive clubs they may have one or two bouncers where upscale places often have a team in case anything goes down (in a dive you may potentially be on your own to deal w/ a situation) - some upscale clubs even hire off-duty cops to supplement security (the cops usually either stay in their car in the parking-lot or just hang around the entrance)

I prefer the mileage and dancer-treatment of dives - but also like the more laidback and often safer upscale environment - dives can also often be smaller venues thus leading to cramped conditions and lack of seating which can lead to an unsavory situation over seating.

I put more emphasis on dancer-mileage and treatment over eye-candy thus prefer the dives - I also prefer cuvy voluptuous/thick women and these are more often found in dives whereas upscale places often hire the no-curves ironing-boards or chicks w/ lots of plastic.

A mid-tier club like Follies in Atlanta or Lido in Cocoa Beach is a nice balance of not too-much pretentiousness but still decent service.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I prefer somewhere in the middle, but if I had to choose I'd say I lean towards the diver end. But, there is a place in my rotation for clubs of all types. Not all clubs are good, some are too pretentious and some are shitholes.

I can have fun in a SC just watching hot girls on stage from a clean comfy chair, having a few cocktails served by a hot little waitress, and grabbing a little T&A in the lapdance area. I've also been known to spend some quality time in the dirty back rooms of much diver joints with chairs that are likely to collapse when I sit in them, ordering beers with the tops left on from a bartender with the manners and looks of a possum.

What I can't stand is the clubs that are schizophrenic. Meaning, they're dives with high prices and low mileage/strict rules. The high end clubs with high mileage aren't so bad, but I always feel as though I could have had twice for the fun for the same price at the midrange clubs, or with one of the girls from that club at home.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I remember being in one dive and was surprised to see that there was no bouncer on a night shift. It was a slow night and I asked a dancer about it. She said she was her own bouncer, and the other dancers were their own bouncers. That club didn't tend to attract a threatening crowd, though.

On the other hand, dive security can be more intense. I went into a dive where the door girl was visibly wearing a holstered gun on her hip. The staff at upscale clubs I have been to usually don't display weapons unless it's a cop hanging out around outside.

Staff with weapons and wands don't really make me feel safer, though. It's kind of like going into a gas station convenience store with bars on its windows and the cashier behind security glass. I avoid the dives with reports of a rough crowd and violent incidents.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Both the Vegas-style all-style-no-substance high end clubs, and the scummy-club-with-unattractive-girls dives hold no interest to me. I generally strongly prefer mid-range to high-end clubs, especially if OTC is the goal, and I'm willing to sacrifice some ITC mileage for more better-quality girls.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Higher quality clubs. You can find mileage in the higher quality joints, you just have to be determined.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    ^paying and still trying hard? Please...
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Dives!

I only need to find a girl I like, so the average looks and that 1 to 10 scale don't make that much difference.

SJG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melek_Taus
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    @fishsticks wrote "Higher quality clubs. You can find mileage in the higher quality joints, you just have to be determined."

Did you notice that he wrote "you" instead of "I"? It's because he can't.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Are dives really that much cheaper than high(er) end clubs? i guess i just live in the wasteland (Chicago or even Illinois in general), so everything's expensive. Two dives that come to mind (Jimmy's and Lamplighter) both have topless dances that cost $20 but the ones at Jimmy's have more mileage/contact. Lamplighter doesn't have nude dances, but Jimmy's does for $30. The higher end places like Scores, Admiral and Atlantis actually have similar pricing for private dances, except Scores which is topless only but still charges $30. The difference is higher cover ($15-$25), valet, and more expensive drinks as well as VIP options (the dives don't even have the privacy for extras) and of course the bathroom troll. Unless you guys are talking about the lounges and bars that don't even have traditional strippers or the bikini and lingerie clubs which i don't even bother with.

Two of the higher end clubs (PoleKatz and Gold Club, same owner) have a discount day (Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively) where the dance prices are noticeably less (at $10 a topless dance for both and $20 nude at PoleKatz; Gold Club is topless only) than even the dives, but contact/mileage is similar. So my preference is "higher" end as the dives offer really nothing but homelier chicks and cheaper drinks but worse service/atmosphere so it's not even a situation where you get what you pay for.

The mid range clubs which have a big range (390, Club O, Silver Slipper, the former Skybox) are like the poor man's versions of the higher end clubs but for the same money, although these clubs have better stage shows than the dives or higher end clubs so there's that. 390 is actually more like a higher end club in terms of benefits (better looking girls, VIP options, better service) but without the high cover, valet or extra expensive drinks (they do have the bathroom troll, however, lol) making it probably the best of the entire group, followed by Atlantis and then probably PoleKatz.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    About the only type of club I don't go to is the real high end. I tend to prefer dives, but there have been some of those I will not step foot in again unless I am real desperate.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion