tuscl

House moms - How many clubs have them?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I have only seen them in 2. In Atlanta, the Old Crazy Horse saloon (now Rumors) and Follies. They actually had 2 baby showers ITC for the Follies house mom. Sorry I missed those. :)

40 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Hard to know since a custy will rarely come into contact w/ one and it's usually not a topic of discussion b/w dancers and custies - I guess if one is a regular regular :) they will eventually know a lot about the inner-workings of a club.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    The Landing Strip in Michigan has one and the dancers seem to talk about her freely. I can't recall having conversations about house moms anywhere else, but since I go to LS so often and it would get brought up so casually, I just assumed they were a staple of most every other club.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Here in Palm Beach county and Broward most of the clubs have one. Some have two if there are enough girls on dayshift to require them.
  • Digitech
    7 years ago
    Not sure how often it an official role. But I think it's a dynamic that occurs naturally at a lot of clubs. An older, veteran stripper who has worked that club for a long time becomes the de facto house mother. You see it a lot. It can also be the source of a lot of drama if she has a mind for politics and games
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    My regular Indy clubs -- Brad's, Dancers, Rio -- all have house moms. I assumed it was a regular feature of medium to large non-dive clubs.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Define house mom.

In some posts it sounds like a day care worker, but in others it sounds like a person that tends to and gives advice to the strippers.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    What is a house mom?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Like a den mother for strippers.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    The Follies house mom collects the club tip out charges, collects car keys and returns them after the dancers take a breathalyzer test and generally keeps them out of trouble.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I assume some of the house-moms have stuff to sell the dancers that the dancers may need or want - they may help them with their hair and makeup; fix their outfits; etc - not saying all house-moms do this but I'm sure many do - and on the contrary some house-moms may not do much and some dancers may recent having to tip them (I assume they get a dancer tip-out like many other club employees?) .
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    In Atlanta add, Mardi Gras, Cheetah and Oasis clubs. Have seen the house mom in all three plus heard from dancers about what they do and if they liked them. Ironically I didn't know Follies had one....never seen her that I know of.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Follies also has a ladies room troll. She comes in every day with 2 suit cases full of dancer needs. Tampons, G-strings, etc and has needle and thread.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Lots of clubs have them. Even some of the dives. Usually they're backstage.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I thought any club with around 15-20 + dancers would have one. If it's a dive bar there's no need. But then I don't get out a lot so I may be wrong.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Most clubs around here have them, at least on night shift (rare on day shift)
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I haven't noticed any lately, but I'm sure they are in a lot of Detroit area clubs.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Shadow does the ladies room troll buy condoms by the case or pallet?
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The higher end clubs in the Detroit area all have house moms. I only know about them from what strippers tell me. The house moms take care of the dancers and help them with make up and problems and anything else. They sell the dancers all sorts of items, and often act as a mother figure. The dancers are expected to tip them at the end of the night.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    In Detroit, the clubs I've gone to seem to all Jane them.

They provide the services that Jack just described. Many times they sell them dresses/outfits, and provide food, makeup, etc.
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    I think I've seen them pop their heads out in a couple of clubs lately.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    One of us needs to fuck a house-mom one of these days - just so we can add-it to the TUSCL repertoire.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    Most of the Mass. clubs have one. My favorite club has a costume designer/seamstress in at least once a week , also. I've been to her house with my ATF for fittings and adjustments & repairs. She makes the costumes and sells them to the dancers and can make adjustments on the spot.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Ok guys, some of you are acting like just because you haven't SEEN one at a club there isn't one. The truth is, you won't see a housemom at most clubs be they (usually) stay in the dressing room the entire time.

The vast majority of clubs I've worked at have had house moms. The only one I remember that did not was Little Darlings in Kalamazoo. Also, Admiral Theater in Chicago didn't have an "official" house mom, but their female manager stayed in the dressing room with the girls and basically did the job of a house mom (although she was kinda self-absorbed and not as helpful as other house moms.)

a21985 - with regard to Landing Strip... that's the first club I ever worked at. I know exactly what house mom you are talking about I think, unless the girls said bad stuff about her, that would throw me off because imo she was one of the best house moms I have ever worked at. She would bring in full-course meals, sometimes with multiple meal choices. And she took care of me all night the one time I got roofied. Her name starts with an N if that helps.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    There is a dancer at Babes in Ft Myers, who I have thought may be de facto or actual house mom. Babes doesn't seem like the kind of place to have a house mom, and she seems too young and attractive to be a house mom. Some shifts, she's the most attractive girl in there. She does dance on stage and get plenty of tips, but she never does lap dances, or even talk much with customers. She usually seems to move about the club talking to other dancers, and she doesn't make THAT much in stage dance tips.
    None of the clubs in Fort Myers are really big enough to have house moms, but I can see the value of having someone available to mentor and counsel dancers, head off conflicts, and reduce turnover
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    In the northeast, just about all of the clubs that I frequented had them. In my opinion it is a good thing as it seems to curtail girls from being fucked up on hardcore drugs like opioids. The housemoms usually expect a small tip from each girl and often have hygiene and comfort items handy.

In the southeast, the practice of having a house mom seems to be more sporadic.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "There is a dancer at Babes in Ft Myers, who I have thought may be de facto or actual house mom. Babes doesn't seem like the kind of place to have a house mom, and she seems too young and attractive to be a house mom. Some shifts, she's the most attractive girl in there. She does dance on stage and get plenty of tips, but she never does lap dances, or even talk much with customers. She usually seems to move about the club talking to other dancers, and she doesn't make THAT much in stage dance tips."

Absolutely nothing you just described in any way resembles a house mom. I think you are confused as to what a house mom is...
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    Two of my old favorite clubs had them.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    To continue, I never saw the one club's house mom, but I heard enough of her description to know she was a former dancer. The other club had a former dancer who was married to one of the club owners. I would occasionally see her because on slow nights, she would sometimes be called upon to be the lady at the door.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    The ignorant shut is confused as to what "de facto" means
  • bvino
    7 years ago
    I am on a first name basis with the house moms at my usual. Detroit clubs with dressing rooms all have them. An extra level of security and peacefulness. I even send a drink back to them one in awhile. it is good be though of as pleasant. Or generous.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^He's basically a braying jackass, whenever he shows up, its like a race to the bottom.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Some low mileage clubs have a female bar tender / shift manager. Mostly its just that being female she is allowed to go into the dressing room regularly. And then being low mileage, they get girls who have no experience and are not sure how to handle themselves.

Place that used to be in San Mateo, Club-Ante.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I would like to be a house-dad in a SC
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Artie Mitchell used to enter the dressing room at all time and just move on which ever girl he wanted. Bad situation.

SJG
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    Papi posted: "I would like to be a house-dad in a SC"

Not me Papi, not for all the tea in China, just like I would never want to manage a club. I experience enough goofy stripper drama just dealing with a few strippers on any given night. I can't imagine all the ridiculous drama that a house-dad would have to deal with. No gracias amigo.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Artie Mitchell did not deal with their drama, he just cornered them and fucked them. It was his own private petting zoo. But he was going to far, abusing his power, not respecting their right to refuse. No, I don't think House Dad is a good idea.

SJG
  • Timbuck12
    7 years ago
    "Papi-Chulo: one of USB needs to fuck a house-mom one of these days--just so we can add it to the TUSCL repertoire"

Been there, done that Papi. A long time ago I used to regularly hook up with a hot, young house-mom who temporarily gave up dancing. She eventually did return to dancing though.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ :)

SJG
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "The ignorant shut is confused as to what "de facto" means"

No, Gammnut, it seems you are the one who doesn't know what de facto means; by your logic and from what you described, every lazy stripper who rarely does VIP but chats with other dancers is a de facto housemom which is hilariously wrong.

A better example of a de facto housemom is the one I described who used to work at Admiral - she was a manager, but did the actual job of a housemom without having the official title. THAT is de facto housemom, not some young stripper who is actually a stripper like you described... lol. And I'm the ignorant one? What planet are you on?

Btw even wikipedia explains briefly what a housemom is...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_mo…
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    None of our local clubs have ever had a house mom who stays in the dressing room. I am certain of this.

Closest to it has just been female bar tender / shift managers.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion