tuscl

Where does a stripper's money go?

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Friday, March 17, 2017 8:06 AM
Today I helped my ATF check into a drug rehab facility. She has always smoked weed, but she told me she started using heroin a year ago. She snorted it rather than injecting it. She is addicted and gets physically sick when she isn't using. She said she spent $1700 a week on heroin, which is over $80,000 a year. Now I know where a stripper's money goes.

23 comments

• Dominic77
    7 years ago
    It's the age old link between prostitution and drug use. So sad. I hope she gets clean.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Many times, the money goes to her pimp/boyfriend. Often they are drug dealers. Sex workers are like inner city men who become rich pro athletes; they have no concept of saving money. They buy clothes, cars, drugs, etc.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Don't think I have what it takes to handle someone with a heroin addiction. I would probably leave.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Most strippers have Roth IRAs and a disciplined investment strategy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Are you referring to the dancer you are seeing now (I believe you have mentioned her as Jenna in the past) - and if it's her, did you notice the signs - or is the ATF a dancer you used to see?
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    $1700/wk - jeez - makes one wonder how much $$$ she was pulling down since I assume she has bills to pay like rent and such
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Not counting weed, I wonder how many dancers do illegal drugs regularly
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Papi- I think it would be easier to count the ones that don't
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Papi, from meeting my ex-ATF and subsequently her dancer friends OTC, they seem to pop a lot of pills. All kinds: adderal was VERY popular with that crowd, as were opioids. This was a surprise to me; I was hoping for coke! LOL They smoke pot but don't ever buy it; they get their PL's (like me) to supply it. Having a good weed connection myself, I was popular. If I didn't I doubt I would have been in this "inner circle". This is just one group of dancers from my club; I'm sure the culture in other clubs may be much different.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    My ATF is the dancer I called Christie in posts from years ago. I have known her for 8 or 9 years, and I care about her well-being. My CF Jenna is a different dancer and 4 or 5 years younger.
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    Hotel: five times with three different dancers Her place: double digits of times with ATF The first time with her, we stayed in a hotel room because she had just broken up with and moved out from a boyfriend and I wanted to be on neutral turf. Every other time we've just stayed in her apartment, which is kind of messy but always has some food and drink and, of course, a bedroom and a bathroom. Also, it's free :) I have noticed sometimes that she might be bizarrely missing things like towels or blankets. One night we slept with neither a sheet nor a blanket and had one towel to share in the morning. (Nowadays I keep a spare towel and blanket in my car when I visit, just in case.) Strippers, like cats and unlike dogs, can barely be domesticated.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    @ Deuce: Good info but seems you posted on the wrong-thread :)
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Yep a lot of their money is spent on drugs.
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    Oops -- my bad! I meant to post that on the "OTC at the house" thread. Thanks, Papi!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    $1700 a WEEK on drugs? =0 Stories like this are exactly why I'm glad I never had any interest in drugs
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Lots of the girls who dance in strip clubs use drugs, as well as having tobacco and alcohol habits. The percentage is higher than with the general population. But, it is not all of them, not by a long shot. So rather than asking, "Where does a stripper's money go?", how about asking, what does Jackslash's girlfriend do with her money? And I hope Gawker is reading this too. SJG Ralph Nader Denounces Trump Budget as Corporatist, Militarist & Racist: "The Mask is Off" [view link] Rolls-Royce Wraith, 6.5L V-12, 4 turbo chargers, 650hp, chassis and drive train by BMW. [view link]
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    Jackslash - I've documented the years of struggling my ATF has spent as a heroin addict and I have brought her to detox and rehab literally scores of times. She started shooting heroin when she was 15 and she's now 31. She had once gone 48 days without using dope but was on methadone that time. She's also been using crack for several years. Her most recent rehab has lasted 3 months now and while still dancing she no longer does any extras and won't have sex for money. (Even with me) I care about her but frankly have little in common and wish her the best . She's still buying "Johnnies" - neurotin which is a mild non-narcotic pain pill/ neuro-muscular relaxant. She has had a prescription for these in the past, but takes about 4 times the recommended dosage and gets them on the street. She's seeing a guy who is a former addict who owns a bunch of sober houses (allegedly grossed about $4M last year) but says they're not intimate cuz she's still struggling to get her act together. I don't know what the future holds for her but she's a lot further along towards beating her habit than she's ever been.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I do think some of the link between drugs and prostitution is just due to being a social outcast, being cast into that role. Interesting to try and see when and how it happened. And then of course it is all underground money. Though legally subject to taxation, it is beyond the practical reach. But we have drug addicts in our own local no touching clubs. And I don't think most of the girls do OTC. If they do, it really is more for fun and adventure, not really to make money. They may say it is to make money, but if it were, they would not live the way they do. I think a better line to explore is, why do some people use drugs? Better than talking about the dancers in strip clubs, or about prostitutes. And also, why do some accept psychiatric medications? Except for the doctor's prescription, seems to work the same way as street drugs. SJG Ralph Nader, and a real hot town meeting for Senator Tom Cotton from Arkansas. [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    There is also a looser standard for work habits, for strip club dancers, than there is for anyone else. I have said to dancer and other staff that some of the girls would not last 20min in any other kind of a job. Okay, but that is simply because they can get away with is. Can be like that anytime you have a job defined so that only a woman can do it, and when it gets into sexuality. But still, why do some people use drugs? SJG
  • Bobbuk
    7 years ago
    @ gawker thats a sad tale and a sobering one for everyone. A question to everyone is though: we have the best interests for the dancers, so is there something that could be implemented at a club level? Test them when they come in, don't allow them to work - but then they work the street just to make the cash... I don't know, it just seems there is more that could be done, and by buying some dances we could be making the addiction worse. I have no answers, just sad that year after year we could be watching our fav dancers slide down this slope or even newbies get suckered in.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Rockstar states racist things in regards to his first post in this thread about "inner city men". Silly fool, when will he learn?
  • MilaniCashhh
    7 years ago
    Psh. I just spent $1,700 on my first car so I can finally get my ass around. I smoke weed for free, so luckily my stripper money doesn't go to that. My money gets divided into savings and "fun spending"; Food from resturants, concert tickets, and general shopaholic stuff. I also paid for the majority of my college tuition and all my books this semester from stripping.
  • MilaniCashhh
    7 years ago
    I like booger sugar every once in awhile but I never spend more than $40 on it and it's either for a night of fun or for energy to study after a night of fun xD I also indulge in psychedelics every once in awhile, I spend probably $50-$100 a year on psychedelics..mostly I get those gifted to me. Woo Hoo for responsible drug indulgence...it can be done!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion