tuscl

Rising lapdance prices: Nationwide trend?

Clackport
Washington
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:55 PM
About a year ago in Portland the standard price for a lapdance was $20. Fast forward to today, out of the 70+ clubs in the Portland area, I would estimate that less than 10 of them have dances at $20. The lapdance prices have increased. Most times now it's $25 to $30, with quite a few places it being $40, there's even one place here that it costs $50 for one song. I guess the rising prices means the economy is getting better? In your area, have the lapdance prices gone up in the past year or so.

31 comments

• Clackport
    8 years ago
    My last sentence is a question, there should be a question mark.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    One of my regular clubs jacked up their price from $25 to $30, but they are now also allowing 2 way contact, so the price increase may be related to that.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Play with your girl in the front room. Feed her money, and there should be no house cut. If she refuses, shine her on. My own view is that the dance booths and VIP rooms should be saved until really needed. Otherwise, letting girls sell you dances is just a chumps game. But as far as excessive prices in general, here, say Sunnyvale Cheetahs, has $40 strictly monitored nude air dances. Some guys feel obligated to give big tips on top of that. But then look from the club's POV. The girls believe that they are worth everything the San Francisco girls are. And yes, they are. But they can't do what they do in San Francisco. If they did more than they do, people would be criminally charged. So the problem comes from the external structure. Find ways to get around it. Now here there can't be front room play. But you can of course see them outside, and usually they can be civilianized. SJG
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    $20 A dance was a long time ago in my area. Sounds like Portland is getting a price adjustment
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Around here is is 30-40 but some places are 50 or more
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Atlanta is holding steady at $10 with $5 ones available in a few black clubs.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Phoenix is 10 on the floor. Vip usually 20-25 or s 1/2 hour or hour rate. Haven't chaneged in 20 years.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I would be ok with it as long as it's accompanied with more contact.
  • Dur_Flush
    8 years ago
    Just play with your dick in the front room
  • impala
    8 years ago
    What I've seen lately is that most of the club I regularly haunt have increased what they want, for the most part the girls are making the same or less. One club (my use to be go to), a lapdance was $20, house got $5, dancer $15, plus they usually wanted tipped, usually anouther $20 (non extras lapped). Owner figured if guys were willing to give girls $20 on top of the dance price, why was he giving them $15 of the dance, so he keeps it all. The dancers now have to either basically do the same work for about half the money or want twice as much tip, and asking for a $40 tip just for a lapdance dosent go over well with most patrons, and they decline . But, hey, guess part of the game.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    It's all over the place here in LA. Spots like Sam's offers $10 bikini dances all the way to the other extreme where the nude dances are $50 a pop at night at Bare Elegance.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Down-here in South FL pretty much all the mixed-clubs are $25/dance where the club gets $5 out of every-dance (IDK exactly when it went from $20 to $25 since I was not SCing at that time) – most black clubs are $5 (which is kinda criminal) and some are $10. Only seen one club, Flavors Pompano, a black club; that went form $10 LDs to $15 LDs after they did some minor remodeling a year+ ago; and then recently went to $20/LD which AFAIK is the only all-black club in South FL with dances beyond $10 (and it’s not that good a club nor that good a talent). [Actually Playhouse has $25 LDs and is pretty-much all-black these days but used to be mixed AFAIK]
  • ArtCollege
    8 years ago
    Clack, here in Portland they are still $20 at Pitiful Princess; but no one goes there for beauty.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Pitiful Princess is in my opinion a great name, especially for a dive with girls who deliver if you treat them nice. That really sound like my kind of place. But their web site has been down for a long time and I think their domain name is for sale. So I am concerned for them. We've had some folks post about it and it didn't sound like the place was doing very well. It also sounded like there, $20 can go a long way. :) SJG
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    How can rising lap dance prices (inflation) be a sign that the economy is getting better?
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    i club all over the country and haven't seen any trend towards raising prices. But I do know a couple dive-like clubs where I shop for a DS that have raised prices from $20 to $30.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Perhaps. It could also be a sign of rising mileage. It could be a sign of LE cracking down harder and cutting down on the number of SC's and raising the costs of being in business for those that remain. But we need Dougster, or some of his pals, to weigh in on this. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I just PMed ricktheturtle SJG
  • Clackport
    8 years ago
    ArtCollege, yeah there are still a few Portland clubs that offer $20 dances, but before it used to be that the majority of them offered it.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Going rate here hasn't changed. I guess I have noticed less offers to do 5 for $80 as opposed to the usual 5/100 VIP. But these are for (nominally) bikini LDs. The lack of legal nude LDs seems to keep the price down?
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Portland also seems like a weird market. There's a low barrier to entry for opening new clubs. This probably let's the dancers have more control over dance prices than markets where there are few clubs.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    ^^^^^ This makes a great deal of sense to me. By comparison California is tough. The alcohol rules, and just other stuff really cut down our number of clubs per capita. SJG
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I haven't seen any increase in the Detroit area. Lap dances are $20 or $25.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    If the IR goes up on prices I'll be seriously bummed.
  • SmithWV
    8 years ago
    The clubs in my town in WV, dance prices are $20. And I don't see an increase anytime soon.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Everyone says that in WV the strip clubs suck. Can you do FS-ITC? Front room GFE auditions? Dancers look good, or are they kind of strange as would fit the stereo types? SJG 5 manual organ [view link]
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    I've seen several increases in my slice of the SC world: Brad's Brass Flamingo (Indy): $10 to $12 to $20 in the last few years Silver Bullet (Urbana): $10 to $15 in 2014 Jimmy's (Chicago Heights): $15 topless/$25 nude to $20/$30 in 2015 I've still never spent over $30, and seldom over $20, for a lap dance in the Midwest plus Austin, TX. I should add that the standard cost for 15-30 minutes in a locked VIP room with extras in ESL and Peoria has gone up from around $150 to $200 in the past two years. The theoretical connection between rising dance prices and an [allegedly] improving economy is clear: Girls who might have become strippers during the worst of the Great Recession (say 2008-2011) now have other options, so they no longer exert downward pressure on the prices that strippers can charge.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    $10 at the inner room cabaret. Rhode island dolls raised their topless dance prices to $25.00 and I can now go see 1/2 of their dancers at Marios in Massachusetts and get nude dances for $20 because the price rise killed business.
  • Dolfan
    8 years ago
    Like Papi said, most places around here are $25 and have been for several years. There's some black clubs that do $5 table dances. In some areas $10 table dances are common. There's been a few places like Flavors, and Rhino (daytime) that have gone up from $10 to $15 or $25. Thankfully, the only club I know of that charges more than $25/dance is Eleven. My understanding there is that girls basically just make up their own prices. A lot of the clientele there probably like paying extra and feel good about paying $40-$60/dance, or at least don't care about it.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Nope. Everybody is still the same as they were three or four years ago. Hell, *almost* everybody is where they were *15* years ago.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    $25 a pop around here and have been for the last few years since we've been going. Even at the 2 for $40 special it still sucks because that's $40 per dance for us.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion