tuscl

Work

Timex345
Illinois
I really enjoy what I do for a living.
There has always been a metal detector at the entrance for employees where I work.
Some of my fellow employees still can't figure out how to make it through the detector
without making the detector go off.
Another coworker uses all of their sick, vacation time, personal time, all at once as soon as they get it.
Another coworker is on FMLA for their back. They show up once or twice per week and take the rest of the
week off.
I am consistently surprised when I see those two.
Work is the easy part of my day. Dealing with my coworkers is the hard part.
Some people work harder at getting out of work than if they would just go ahead and do what is expected.
I am responsible for a task that is time sensitive. If my fellow coworkers on the shift ahead of me do their part,
then the task really is not that difficult to finish. Yesterday, the person ahead of me essentially left everything for me to do.
I need a vacation.

7 comments

• 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Timex345, where do you work? Many places that require a metal detector are non-brilliant places to work!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ Not true, it's just companies covering their ass for liability reasons/protecting their employees. When you have a large place where many people work: keycards, security guards, metal detectors are added, for the safety of others. As we all know too well, unfortunately anyone at anytime can flip and bring a weapon into the workplace where they can easily attack several people at once, potentially doing a lot of damage. Where else is there going to be that many people concentrated at one place? A mall, a movie theater, a sporting event? That's why this happens at work so much, a concentration of people, plus a large group of people that the antagonist is mad at, all in one place, at the same time.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    hey forgot, strangely after reading this post, I just read this article, may make a little more sense.

http://news.yahoo.com/26-years-later-sca…
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    It's hard to soar with eagles when you have to work with turkeys.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    When I was in the USAF stationed in Japan during 64/65, my job required a secret clearance. The only way to get into my work area was for some one on the inside to open the door for you. There was a buzzer and a peep hole. Inside next to the door was an access list of all personnel allowed into the area and next to the list was a pistol in a holster.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    "Some people work harder at getting out of work than if they would just go ahead and do what is expected."

Preacin' to the choir!
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    A lot of us feel like slaves to work. I have seen the fences outside of some workplaces with the barbed wire at the top turned the wrong way. It was turned so as to keep people in.
    I've been getting assimilated into a higher security facilty. Been using key cards for years but no guard at my facility. If anyone was really determined, I think they could still get in but I guess the intention is to slow someone down long enough for police or security to arrive. I don't mind extra security in the parking lot slowing down or stopping possible intruders. They will be free to go on a rampage if they get inside the building if the company made it a gun free zone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion