tuscl

My first night

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:01 AM
As promised, I wanted to share with you guys my first night after posting a thread a few days ago. By the way...thanks so much to the majority of you guys and gals who gave wonderful advice and encouragement! :) I was working a night shift on a Tuesday. Naturally, I wanted to set a realistic goal for myself and decided that tonight might be a bit slow. I figured 50 bucks would be a good end goal, as meager as it sounds lol. The management was wonderful, and for the most part, girls liked me. Except for one black dancer who seemed quite envious over the fact I was getting attention. She tried to start drama, but my managers shut her down immediately. The club is a primarily white and rocker-esque club, so I can see why another pretty brown girl might be seen as a threat. As frustrating as it was, I didn't let it get to me. She tried to slander my name between customers, but being the kind, social butterfly I am, they seemed uninterested in bullshit. She apparently starts shit with other Latina and Black dancers, and I wouldn't be surprised if I never see her again. The DJ loved my music choices (I danced to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queens of The Stone Age, ect) and chose great tracks from my favorite bands. First dance sucked. Made 5 bucks! I grew discouraged, but didn't give up. Second dance was amazing! 30 bucks came my why. I don't know pole tricks yet, but I do have rhythm and energy so that helped quite a lot. It's a topless club, and by the end of the night, I finally threw it off. Made 50 bucks. Overall: I made 200 dollars that night, and it was a very slow night! And to broke college students, this money was a perfect. A seasoned dancer who did pole tricks said she made the same amount, and I didn't even take my clothes off until the end of the night. No private dances, as I'm still a bit shy, but I'll be working on my hustle a bit more. Honestly, very interesting experience! The customers varied. I could generally tell what customer was interested in me, and greeted each one with a smile. Some invited me to sit, others focused on watching the game. About two or three guys tried to waste my time though. I heard plenty of, "You're too smart and beautiful to work here." "I'll take you home and give you real money." Blah, blah... I made it pretty clear that as sweet as their offers were, I was a business woman simply trying to get by. I only asked if anyone wanted dances when we talked for a while, and our conversation and chemistry seemed genuine. I know, I know..not exactly a great way to do business, but I'm a newbie and have much to learn. They turned me down politely, but continued to tip me handsomely at the stage and for my conversation. I'm excited to go back again! For a slow Tuesday, it surely picked up and ended perfectly.

22 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Welcome to the jungle. :)
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Haha, thank you! :) I'm surprised how confident I ended up becoming! Definitely an entirely new environment from what I'm use to.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Nice! Sounds like a great first night! Keep the stories comming...
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Thanks crazyjoe! I certainly will.
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    Glad you had a positive experience. Hope you bank soon.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    Mixed and white washed Black girl ..she'll bank. That's white kryptonite
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I could tell from your earlier thread, that you'd come across well, with customers. But, you said you didn't get any private dances. Your money was all in tips, if I'm reading you correctly. One more abit of advice, to get dances from customers: Don't volunteer to them that you're new to the industry. If they ask, yes, be honest and tell them. We customers are often reluctant to TOFTT and try a newbie. There was a thread about that recently. We are discerning as to who we will spend our hard-earned dollars on. Please do keep us posted on your progress, including whether or not that drama queen is still employed at your club and if she is, how things with her progress (or degenerate).
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Fine update.
  • skm86
    10 years ago
    Great read! Congrats on the gig. Hope to hear more.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Would you consider dancing to "Carry on Wayward Son"? [view link] Kansas was frickin' coo-el!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the update – that says a lot about you in that most dancers (and even PLs) that come on here seeking advice never bother to give an update. It is understandable you being uncomfortable giving dances – even for us PLs, SCs can be a bit intimidating/overwhelming at first when one is not used to that environment. Some new dancers never get comfortable with giving dances nor being touched; but that *is* the nature of the biz (contact dances) and why many a newbie dancer sooner than later figures out it is not for them. [There are clubs in certain areas that are no-touch air-dance clubs but that is usually in areas where there are local ordinances against it – doubt one can find a no-touch air-dance club in an area w/ other full-contact clubs] As weird as it may sound; perhaps you can get tips from another dancer or even give another dancer lap-dances so you can sorta get comfortable with the idea – sounds kinda weird and it would take a cool dancer you befriend for her to want to help you out and for you to feel comfortable with. NEVER take anything in a SC too personal in particular w.r.t. custies; i.e.: + SCing *is* expensive; so most guys are going to hang on to their $$$ until they find the perfect dancer for their taste; or until later towards the end of their visit (it’s like when girls go shopping; they don’t buy the first thing they see; they wanna look around b/f making a final decision) + a lot of custies are not into the stage-tipping thing since they rather save their $$$ for the more expensive dances – i.e. don’t take not being tipped at the stage as a direct correlation to them not liking you or not wanting dances from you – they may just rather spend their money on you via dances rather than stage tipping + don’t worry about the $$$ - say wattttt? – what I mean is focus on being a good dancer and PLs will want to give you their $$$ - look at how the experienced, successful, dancers act and do business for tips on improving your game Def watch your back w/ some dancers – most dancers are there to take care of their biz and make their $$$ and not to start drama – but in that type of environment one will often run into a few low-class people w/ f’ed up backgrounds and lives (this applies to club staff; dancers; and custies) – so don’t let your guard down completely and def defend yourself and stand your ground. And lastly (finally LOL) – if you’re not planning to make stripping a career; then no matter how much $$$ you make; remember what your end goal is and don’t get caught up in the fast $$$ and the often fast stripper lifestyle – try to stay true to yourself and your goals and don’t become somebody you never intended to be.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Form another thread w.r.t. newbie dancers: “… Here's what I do guys (and gals). I pay my ATF to train them. I was in a situation at the Living Room in Dayton a while back where a girl came up to my table and told me she had just auditioned and it was her first night. I wanted to make her night and knew she had a $30 house fee to pay whether she made a dime or not. So I gave her $50 to cover her house fee and one dance. We went into the "Relax Room" and she asked me "what do I do now?" I told her to take her clothes off and start grinding on my lap. She started crying and saying she couldn't take her clothes off. I felt benevolent that night so when my ATF came in along with another excellent dancer. I paid each of them $40 to take this girl into the Relax Room and train her. Both of them worked with her for close to 20 minutes and she came out knowing what to do and how to do it. Unfortunately after a couple months she decided dancing wasn't for her. But I had fun while it lasted. …” [view link]
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    that was great reading. keep up the good dancing.
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    Welcome and best of luck to you. I hope you make a ton of money because that means you are making us PL's happy. To practice your lap dance skills get together and practice with one of the more seasoned dancers. Most are friendly and will try to help you out. Make a couple girlfriends from the club. You will need advice and comraderie from time to time. Good Luck !
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    "I got sum real cash feeer u baby"...lol sounds like you rejected ricky boy and his system ....keep up the good work
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Sounds like a great start for you :)
  • nemesisk7
    10 years ago
    I see the economy is still bad
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Good news indeed, Alyssa! Thanks for sharing! Papi's got some great advice for you, especially regarding the money. Make sure you don't spend it frivolously. Squirrel some of it away, maybe even invest some. A lot of dancers just waste what money they make, but there've been a few who've looked at their money long-term. I knew one dancer in Dallas who, even after her loser husband drained her bank account dry of (IIRC) a couple hundred thousand, managed to not only save up another hundred grand but owned a half dozen rental properties. And I heard about another dancer who, after she left Indianapolis, moved to Florida and invested in her own strip joint. You might not have goals like these, but it never hurts to start setting some.
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    Nice post Alyssatanggg! Hope you continue to contribute here. You bring a genuine vibe that the regular contributors here enjoy. Guys here like to poke fun, so when folks start to pick on you don't take it personally. Although I seek the highest mileage available, and tend not to believe the "good girl" BS typically found on StripperWeb, it's fascinating to gain the perspective of a dancer new to this game. Looking forward to reading about your various "firsts" and you crossing boundaries you didn't think possible.
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Wow, once again, thanks for the comments and advice! You lovely posters (well most of you haha) here have been real gentle with this newbie, and for that I can't be thankful enough. I enjoy reading what you guys post, and I honestly take everything into careful consideration. After all, dancing/entertainment is still a job. I want to hear what custies like to better enhance my performance. By the way zipman...I love that song!! Anyways, have a happy thanksgiving all! :)
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Also, when I say "guys", I typically also mean you awesome lady custies too. Thanks for being awesome!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    You want awesome, let us know where and when, you can see awesome! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion