tuscl

Peculiar tastes in foods

We all have peculiar tastes in women, I'm guessing it's the same for food

I like mustard on scrambled eggs
Sometimes I like butter on steaks...sometimes just ketchup
I like peanut butter and butter sandwiches
I like butter on saltine crackers
I sometimes put hot sauce on popcorn............I would also put bacon and avacado on a wagyu beef burger

21 comments

• lopaw
    10 years ago
    Butter is good on everything....especially on more butter.
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    ^^^^^ high fat foods (butter, bacon, cheesecake) affect the brain the same way as heroine:

http://blog.zeroinginonhealth.com/2010/0…
  • Josh43
    10 years ago
    Herione=herion
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Ketchup on steak? Mikey, that is so wrong!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ lopaw: I take it you don't use margarine in your cooking.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Margarine is like eating plastic
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I love any food with a tomato based sauce: ketchup, chili, spaghetti sauce, pizza. However, I cannot eat a fresh tomato. I hate the taste and the texture
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I was at a county fair this summer & one booth was hawking deep fat fried butter. Sound good Lopaw?
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    @Club_Goer - Margarine is nasty. If I'm gonna do butter, then I'm gonna do BUTTER! ;)

@gawker - Ew. Even I have a limit.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Was in Vegas a few weeks ago and visited the Heart Attack Grill. Lordy. Since I'm a pescatarian, there wasn't much on the menu that I would eat....but they did offer up a ButterFat Milkshake. It was served with a pat of real butter on top of it. Heaven.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    And sometimes I spread mayo (not miracle whip) on a flour tortilla and roll it up for a snack
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    One's taste is what it is. If you like it........not peculiar.

For example, when I tell people that I love horse meat I am immediately beat up as if I am some sort of savage cannibal.

WTF? Horse meat is a tasty, low fat animal protein. Nothing peculiar about that.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    @mikeya- I also like butter on saltine crackers. I used to make saltine sandwiches with butter in the middle.

One of my things is to put Tabasco sauce on everything. If there is a Pizza Ranch restaurant near you, you can go there and get Tabasco sauce in your pizza.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    My sister would put ice cubes in her milk.

Eww. I love ice. Lots of ice. But two things you can't put ice in are milk and beer
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    My dad's favorite Sunday afternoon snack -- white bread, toasted, with a piece of Kraft American cheese (the kind wrapped in plastic) and 3 dill pickles, made into a sandwich.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^^^ Kraft American cheese and baloney sandwiches. My school lunch as a kid......tons of them
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Um......shouldn't it be Kraft Canadian cheese?

Kraft Foods was founded by J.L. Kraft, a well known Canadian entrepreneur.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Plain potato chips drenched in Tapatio and lime juice.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Just for the record, I can eat an ungodly amount of candy, particularly chocolate. I am the John Belushi of Kit-Kats. And Mounds. And Snickers. And Reese's peanut butter cups. And Milky Ways. And Godiva. And See's. And Whitman's. And, and, and, and...
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Bacon and peanut butter sandwich...amazing. Also, at the Blue and Gray in Gettysburg I had natural peanut butter carmelized onions and bacon on a burger --amazing as well.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    One bar/restaurant in Indianapolis has a burger with peanut butter and jalapenos on it. Yeah, despite how popular it is, I'm just a bit hesitant to try it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion