tuscl

Define "regular".

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
The article on being a regular made me wonder what you mean when (and if) you call yourself a regular. Do you use the strict definition of the word, i.e. once per year would meet the definition, or something else.

As for me, if I go to a specific club once a week, I'm a regular. If I go there once a month, probably not.

If I'm seeing a specific dancer every couple of weeks, I consider myself just barely being her regular. More often, or if she's the only one I see in that club, even more so.

27 comments

• Clubber
    11 years ago
    A regular is known by the club employees. Example, you don't have to say what you wish to drink, as it will be sitting at your favorite seat, if available, when you get to it. The manager welcomes you. The dancers acknowledge you, especially if they are on stage. That's a regular!
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I'm with Clubber. I'm a regular because all the waitresses, bouncers and dancers know me. I get my drink without asking. I have 3 girls I always buy dances from when they're working, and the veterans leave me alone. But when none of my 3 are working, they all flock around me because they know I spend some money (not that much compared to some, but a buck's a buck!).
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Regular means shitting every 12 hours.
  • originaljuicebox69
    11 years ago
    ^^^^ Yep, plenty of fiber will do that for you.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    What if I buy my clothes at Ross or Marshalls? The clothes are cool but they are irregular. Can I be irregular cool with one sleeve longer than the other?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’m def not a regular but in my mind a regular didn’t necessarily mean being a regular at a particular club where everybody knows you but more along the lines you only stick to one dancer and see her on a “regular” basis (maybe once per week or 1x/2x per month) – and it is consistent.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    A regular is used beyond the strip clubs. It is common in restaurants, theaters, any business that handles retail customers.

A B2B business, such as 3COM wouldn't have "regulars" as they are not individuals but other companies.

Usually it is "repeat customer," "regular," and "favored" customer in that order.

The meaning of the terms depend on the business.

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Regular-If you belong at Cheers then you're a regular.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    When the ladies all say "Thank-you for coming in today", and they mean it, you are a regular, even if your visits are two months apart.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I am a regular of a dancer when I see her almost exclusively, but not quite. She becomes an ATF when it becomes totally exclusive.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    "Thank-you for coming in today"

I prefer the type of dancers that says “thank-you for cuming today” :)
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    gmd- I'd say that you came up with a good empirical definition of "regular". If you haven't submitted this to founder, I'd say that he'd likely accept it and post it.

Still, I think that clubbers standards as being recognized by key employees (and I might add at least some dancers) might qualify one as a honorary regular. Lets say that over the course of 2-5 years, you make 6-10 business trips per year to a particular city visiting Club XXX each trip, with a vacation or 2 thrown in. I was in the spot several times, being instantly recognized in some clubs.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Interesting description of your MO, alutard. But it sounds to me like what you are is not a regular, but a faggot.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    LMFAO!
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I think when your talking about strip clubs, a regular is someone known to the staff but not necessarily the dancers. The staff is more apt to be on a reliable schedule, whereas the dancers come and go at random.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    IMO, being a regular is visiting the same club on the order of once a month.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I say once a month makes you a regular, or if the staff and babes recognize you.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    minnow,

I did speak of dancers. RE: "The dancers acknowledge you, especially if they are on stage."
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I agree with Clubber and rockstar. I've in the past been a regular at a few different clubs, and the bartender always knew what I wanted to drink, the bouncers always greeted me, and a lot of the dancers knew my name.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I'll buy Clubber's definition.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Clubber nailed it.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    clubber: Are you sure dancers are club employees ? In most cases, dancers are "independent contractors." Hey, I can be a pedant too. Your opening definition sentence should have read- "A regular is known by dancers and club employees."
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    When a manager, bouncer, or waitress sees you come in the door and tells you "I'll go tell Rosita you're here". Usually that's a good thing but one night my plan was to see someone else. Oh well, Rosita it is....
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    You know a stripper really loves you when she asks you to co-sign a loan for her.
  • AnonymousJim
    11 years ago
    I dunno. There's one club I've only been to three times in the last nine months or so. The second time I went, like two or so months after the first time, two of the dancers I got dances from the previous trip not only sought me out on stage and remembered me, but remembered specific details of our first conversation.

Can you be a regular after two visits?
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Clubber: I hadn't considered the aspect of being recognized or known by the club staff, but honestly, I think that's a *consequence* of being a regular, but not a requirement to meet the definition.

That's just good customer service.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I am definetely not a regular. Although I been to Gallaghers a couple times, my arrivals have been sporadic. Every month or so, so I guess I'm not a regular.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion