tuscl

Do you have Pets?

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:45 AM
Other than special dancers LOL I have two mixed breed 10 yr old cats. A Gray male named Elmo & a Black female named Mary. They are two wonderful cats. I don't like dogs. Cats are easier to take care of and keep.

76 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Figures you'd be a cat lady IRL, tard.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Not currently. Use to have a cat and bird( odd combination, I know) when I was living with my Mom but that was a while ago. I prefer cats too. Does that make me less manly you guys? Haha
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Not currently. I have had cats and a dog. Much prefer cats.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    NO liking cats as pets has no impact on your masculinity. Yes a bird and a cat is odd. Did the cat ever try to devour the bird? :)
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Were they named Sylvester and Tweety Bird?
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    I used to have a couple Penthouse Pets but they became too much trouble to take care of.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^ lol I mostly had dogs and snakes
  • Jackmd
    10 years ago
    I'll step up for dogs. I have three of them. They are loyal, faithful and trainable. If they could breed that into cats and human females, I'd have them as pets too.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    It looks like cats are the preferred (animal) pet for TUSCLers. I have two dogs. They're brother and sister from the same litter. Now 16 mos. old and they're a handful! Still very playful, exuberant, and just full of life! About 40 lbs. each. Before the picture server crashed on TUSCL I had a couple of pics of them among my profile photos. I'll restore all of my profile photos soon. (I've also had cats in the past.)
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    none since Shadow passed away a year ago at 17 years.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Dog guy here. Cats are cruel and sadistic killers, much like man. Cats kill for perverse pleasure, much like man. If cats would just direct their killing urges towards mice, rats, and similar rodent pests I would be a big fan of felines. But, cats kill the lovely song birds in my yard. It disgusts me to see a cat toying with a blue jay or a robin. Any cat that I see on my farm is fair game for my shotgun.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I have a pet lizard that strippers like to pet
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    They're brother and sister from the same litter! Are you sure.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I also have a pet snake in my pants. It spits on strippers when they touch it too much
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I prefer plants. I have a garden. There's enough wildlife, wanted and unwanted, that I have no need for a new pet. Now, if California allowed hunters to use dogs on pigs, shot, I'd have some Pitbulls and hounds.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    Now i don't hate cats.....but I would rather have a dog. They are loyal, listen, trainable, and are fun to be around...plus great hunting companions. I have had 5 dogs in my life. 3 golden retrievers and 2 springer spaniels.
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    I've had a cat and a dog.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    My cats are indoor cats and they kill nothing Art. It is a real SHAME that you would kill a cat.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    No
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    crsm27,my cats are fun to be around. They give unconditional affection too.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    You should try a pet sometime sofaking87, might like it.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    When I lived in the country as a wee lad, we had cats as mousers. I loved them crazy felines. I guess I'm neither a dog or a cat person. I like and dislike each equally the same. Cats are a pain in the ass but dogs can seriously fuck up your day.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Art - "Nothing says devotion like a dead rodent delivered to your pillow at 2AM"
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Had fish to, though not much emotional going on there.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Deogol-What about a pet rock?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Just had the family dog, Nipper. He was great! When i moved out, I had a pirahna.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Alutard: "my cats are fun to be around. They give unconditional affection too." Only affection alutard can get is paid affection from bookers who work in strip clubs and from animals. Oh wait, his cats are probably only nice to him when they hear the can opener - like the hookers nice to him, but only when there is something in it for them.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    My thing with cats is it seems they will be around you on "their" time. While dogs will be by your side when you want them....and when you don't. HAHA.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Correct crsm27.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    If Alucat didn't feed them he be nothing more than one big ugly scratching [view link],I thought you told me their names were Elvira and Fudgepacker.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    The difference between dogs and cats: 1. Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later (maybe, if you're lucky). 2. Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
  • .juicebox69
    10 years ago
    A dog named Duke
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I have a cat and a dog. Twere up to me alone, I would only have a cat. Much less trouble to take care of, and still affectionate enough for my taste.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I like playing with kitties. Once they are cats they are useless to me. Except for one, cuz he stayed kiity sized.
  • snowtime
    10 years ago
    I have one cat that showed up about 14 years ago. I have had dogs and they are way more trouble. It is true that most cats are affectionate on their own terms. All pet animals provide unconditional love.
  • 3LeggedMan
    10 years ago
    I've had dogs and cats and I really prefer pussies to pups. Art talks about killing. My dogs have on several occasions delivered bloody pieces of rabbits to my door. My cats have limited their hunting to rodents totally unwelcome in my home.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Alutard: "I don’t like dogs." And especially not VILE ATTACK DOGS right, tard?
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    If I wanted a pet I'd have had kids.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I've had 2 dogs who have both died at age 14 (shepherd mixes) and currently have 2 male cats from the same litter aged 17 years. I have a daughter who is a veterinarian so medical care is free.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    For those of us who had farm animals and livestock, are those considered pets or meals/food sources?
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    My sister and her ex used to keep a pair of Bouviers due Flanders (think Scotty with a pituitary problem.) One of them was a terror on squirrels, chipmunks, cats and Jehovah's Witnesses. He killed a lot of them, (well, not the JWs) and after a while they all started avoiding the yard.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Bouviers de Flandres. Spelling "corrected" got me again.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Club_Goer's, my cats come when I call them the majority of the time. [Of course, it's likely on their terms] The female will play "Fetch" will me like a dog. Depends on how you treat them SlickSpic.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    My parents did not want to deal with pets but we did have a few cats while I was growing up – mainly strays that we took in ‘cause we felt sorry for them. But although I like cats; I prefer dogs but currently don’t have any pets (I spend most of my time out of the house). I recall watching a documentary not too long ago where it was said that a lot of birds (and they emphasized a lot) are killed by cats.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @alucard-you didn't grow up in the country like I did.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    By the way-ask me about horses."
  • ime
    10 years ago
    how about your horses slick?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    They were amazing. Central California from 80/89. I have no excuses. 4H and FFA.
  • .juicebox69
    10 years ago
    I said a dawg named duke
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Yee Haw. We're about to from the horses.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    That's part of Nature's food chain Papi. Feral cats have predators too.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Forget the cats. Ride with us.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Got me a slobbery St Bernard and a pit bull. Great dogs.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Yee Haaw muthafuckas!
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    In the past I've had dogs, fish, birds even an iguana. Somehow I ended up with a cat for a month or so that belonged to a chick I was seeing. The cat didn't like me and I didn't like it. Never again with the birds, too damn loud. I liked the iguana but he could be a mean son of a bitch and he didn't seem to stop growing. I occasionally meet dogs I like but often I find them annoying. Right now my life isn't conducive to pets. Maybe I'll get some fish in the future, I always liked them.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^im right there with with you Slick. I grew up in the country too...Yee Haaw
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    There are some large lizards living outside my house I treat like pets by not hurting them. The large spiders, I kill unless they look like super spiders and make 50 foot spider webs like they did in NC. The Earthworms I used to see in my dirt that were bigger than my thumb in diameter and over a foot long, I tried not to dig up too much. The bat that used to sleep on the brick wall on our car port, We all left alone and thought it was cool. I thought about getting some pet bats or a pet python. I got tired of all the dogs dying all the time when I was a kid. Dogs were good at spotting those nasty snakes though. I saw snakes getting chopped up about everyday. There were tarantulas one of my relatives had to keep sweeping up because there were so many. One day there was an alligator lying in the tiny ditch in our backyard. I can't remember if I thought it was a log and jumped on it or not. I was a kid and ran right over it but might have hopped over it. I didn't want to mess with it. One thing I learned, if you ever accidently kill your sisters cat, do not leave the evidence lying around like you don't know what happened. You and your brother will get the blame and your sister will remember for the rest of her life. If I had that to do over again, we would have had a secret burial. Then suggest we might have seen the cat walking down the road. We were too young to know we needed to get rid of the evidence where we might get implicated.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    ^^^Animal channel.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I have 2 dogs - a german shepherd & a siberian husky. Crazy furry little bastards.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I had a pet gerbil until Richard Gere stole him.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    ^^^I think Alurat has that gerbil now.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Dogs for me. And turtles. Nothin' like an attack turtle my friends. And ATACdawg...Bouviers de Flandres. Those are hardcore big ass DAWGs. Love 'em. Though I'm a "get a nice mutt from an adoption clinic" guy.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    No Big aquarium members? No fish lovers?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I fish, does that count?
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ NO. :)
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Do Nurse Sharks count?
  • 3LeggedMan
    10 years ago
    In my life I've had a golden retriever and several smaller dogs. Unless you LOVE the sound of constant high-pitched yapping, stay away from Yorkshire Terriers. That dog is damn lucky I don't own a gun.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    @Alucard, I stated I had a pirahna. Name was Rufus. He lived 14 years. He ate a zillion goldfish during his lifetime.
  • goodsouthernboy
    10 years ago
    ^^^For those of us who had farm animals and livestock, are those considered pets or meals/food sources? Depends on the day from my childhood. You had a pet one day and bacon the next. I'm a dog guy, with a full blooded German shepherd.
  • .juicebox69
    10 years ago
    Duke niches its my dog
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @mikey -- Rufus is a great name for a piranha. I have betta named Siobhan. I figured that would make him one badass fish. Kinda like a boy named Sue.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Also a cat guy. Have one now. Had one as a kid. In between cats, had a goldfish for a while named Tiger. Named for what appeared to be tiger-like stripes on the fish, but also dropped a Nike golf ball in there in honor of my secret hero. Face it: We all wish we could be the best golfer in the world and bang every piece of tail that comes along and catches your attention, right?
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I remember when I was a kid the next door neighbor had a dog they called a guard dog. It would not let me get within 50 feet and then it would..... take off running as if I was the anti Christ and its life was in extreme danger. I swer that dog had like a sixth sense, super hearing. I think one day I got within 40 feet. The next door neighbors were funny. They had a kid around our age. One day the kid said he had been practicing Judo or some type of defensive martial arts training for a few months. I said ok,try something on me. I had him down on the ground in seconds. What a joke.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Dogs are pussies. [view link]
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Never had much luck with fish and aquariums. I love to watch good golfing. Never had the ability to play it well enough.
  • Spirit_of_Alucard
    7 years ago
    A poster with HONOR quite unlike certain current posters!!! RIP good man. You have returned to the STARDUST!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion