tuscl

How Can TUSCL be Improved ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Wednesday, January 1, 2014 2:22 PM
+ Prop/Flag system – would be nice if these were more easily readable – would also be nice if one was notified when one's reviews were propped/flagged (at least propped) + text editor – would be nice to have a more advanced text editor that displayed different types of text (e.g. bold; italic; etc) or symbols (e.g. happy face; etc)

78 comments

• mjx01
    11 years ago
    @PC: I think you can put html into the text box to get the text edit effect... of course that's doesn't help any of us who don't have html syntax memorized. I'd like to see the map capabilities improved so I can widen or narrow the 'search' radius. I'd also like better sorting capabilities... However, it has been previously pointed out to me that this will not help that much in reality due to lack of accurate club info. Maybe 2014 could be the year of everyone updating clubs details?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Text Editor" Papi, have you ever visited the Michigan TwoSheds Board? It continues to baffle and confound me how a small, regional board like TwoSheds has exactly the features you asked for. And it's free. This site looks like it uses programming code from the 70's.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Ban certain members whose only mission seems to be to try and cause trouble - e.g. txtittyfan, rickdugan, jester214, etc.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Yes - you can HTML tags to make things bold. But why go that trouble? There should be an easier way.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I say that whoever makes the best review of the month gets some sort of reward/recognition from the family.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    It'd be nice if we could post pics in the discussions.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "I say that whoever makes the best review of the month gets some sort of reward/recognition from the family" A coupon for a free dinner at the Olive Garden for the winner and their wife?
  • lotsoffun201
    11 years ago
    I think a feature to save members names in a favorite list. Some reviewers are pretty eloquent and have some great reviews. It's always nice to see what they have been reviewing lately..... Perhaps a reviewer "hot list"
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    The only two things that would be nice would be to allow edit/delete for your posts, and to completely remove any evidence of ignored people, including the blue names.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Totally removing ignored people would be nice and a short window to edit/delete would be nice, a long window would be annoying abused.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I agree with jester and sclvr about totally removing ignored people. I agree with Papi about the prop/flag system. Other than that it's a great site.
  • shoephoto
    11 years ago
    Recent post date on each club in the club listing page. So you can tell at a glance if you need to go read a new review.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    SlicSpic - I like the idea of recognition of good posts, threads, & articles. Yesterday there was a discussion thread started by Shadowcat regarding a stripper being raped and there were close to 70 comments which ran across several topics, but led to some thought provoking discussion and a little flame-throwing. I submitted an article which was posted in November and it elicited over 40 comments. The number of comments is not always an indicator of quality, but it sometimes shows the level of interest in a topic. What other criteria might be employed?
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Slick, how many people on here have family members reading their reviews on TUSCL? Seriously though, how would a Review of the Month be determined? Only a small percentage of members are going to read a particular clubs reviews. What would be the criteria? What would it accomplish? People who write well composed reviews with pertinent information will continue to do so and people who write reviews that are full of BS will continue to do so.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    Good topic PC I vote to keep the blue ignore tags. Every time I see them it fills me with joy to know I missed troll crapola. +text editor, some basic formatting but hold the emoticons and pics. Board already suffers from to much troll abuse, no need to encourage more. +better map system with wider regional coverage. +better visibility for propped/flagged reviews. +new top level menu item between Discuss & Articles, call it Alerts. Members could post notices of club changes [closed, newly opened, etc.] and WARNINGS about abusive club practices or policy changes, etc. since we don't have club-level discussion boards. +search function that allows choice to limit search to TUSCL site or to search entire web.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Threads like this come up from time to time, but nothing gets changed on TUSCL. I'd like one feature restored that we used to have in my early days (early 2011), was the "club discussion" feature. This where you could talk about a club, or ask questions of other members about a club, without actually reviewing it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I guess I feel uncomfortable being too demanding given how little I was charged for a lifetime paid membership. It seems like all social media sites have some good features and lack others. This site has the ignore feature, the lack of which is a big problem on other sites.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    +1 on totally eradicating ignored users. With the addition of excluding the times of their posts from the "Last Comment" sort. That way, even if they do post, it doesn't cause that thread to bubble to the top, but rather sorting to the location of the last *non-ignored* user's posting time. Also, I for one would prefer to see the actual posting times again, instead of this relative "X hours/minutes ago" stuff. Founder also once mentioned reimplementing the individual club discussion boards again.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Maybe if the Founder wanted to get creative, he could create a separate independent over 18 only dating like web site completely free for members here. We could create independent profiles and chat with strippers in the clubs if they set up profiles too. Completely free if they already were members here. It could be like a big site full of strippers, customers, and whomever wanted to jump into the mix. That idea might work because lots of sites charge money. Maybe to get more strippers, make a deal with stripper web and make it all free for their members too. I would not want to link my profile here with it though. I like to remain somewhat anonymous here. The site could start off small and expand through word of mouth on two or three different web sites. Maybe even add an instant chat feature. Just an idea. I know I wouldn't mind using a site for free to communicate with some dancers without telling them about this site and other information. Of course the new site would likely require some restrictions.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    It could be a cross between face book and adult dating sites and all tuscl members and stripper web could have free acces or just limit free to members here if you wanted to start really small. Just an idea. Individual clubs could even set up their own pages just like people if Face book didn't claim any copy infringement. Maybe I'm giving away a big money making idea.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I'd 2nd the idea of a reviewer/user "hotlist" A discussion/article "hotlist" would also be useful
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @GMD: I totally agree with you on your points. For the others, as for getting strippers to communicate with customers, I just don't see that happening at all, even on a different web site. I've always had the impression that most dancers don't want to spend time on the internet communicating with other customers. Most of them only want the forms of communication that tell them if their regulars are coming in or not.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    1. Text Editor - 've been asking for one for a long time 2. Moderator 3. A Separate section for "News Items" "Ban certain members whose only mission seems to be to try and cause trouble - e.g. txtittyfan, rickdugan, jester214, etc." Why not include your name Dougster along with those of several other persons who act like you.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "2. Moderator" Like Yoda on SW? No thanks.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Club_Goer's suggestion about a club discussion section I agree with.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    motorhead: " Like Yoda on SW?" What if it was our very own txtittyfag?
  • toysales
    11 years ago
    I like it just they way it is. If founder wants to make it better thats up to him. I get so much useful information now. What more could I want.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I like the idea of bringing back the club discussion, but when we had it before, it seemed to be used very little.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Club discussions might be straightforward to add. If there was a link from the club to a thread on the discussion board people could just post on that thread if they have something to say (or ask) about that club. Of course, there might be a problem...if Rick posted discussing success at the club we might have a lot of "SLAMDUNKED that faggot RickyBoy". People would also have the common sense not to post shit that will close clubs or get girls fired...like: "I went to this place and spent $.25 for a lapper with Bella where she asked if I wanted a BBBJ for an XXXtra $.75. Ended up negotiating Greek for $2.5. Weee-yaw!" I mean really...could a cop EVAH figure that out?
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    I think the ability to comment on reviews would be useful, even if it were limited to my own reviews.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Actually I was going to include you in the list, alutard, but your behavior has been a little better than usual the last couple of weeks, so I thought I would be nice and just let you be covered by "etc.".
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I'll also point out that, while I *do* believe there are things that could be improved, I am overall *very* happy with TUSCL's actual functionality. Founder has managed a happy coincidence of everything I really need, there's no gainsaying that.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    It has been my experience in the world of computers, that, many times "improvements" are anything but.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I see a lot of funny posts that I would like to prop, just as a "thanks for leaking me laugh" type of thing. Sure, I can post "lol@whoever", but there could be an easier way to say thanks for the laugh.
  • azdd
    11 years ago
    I agree with the suggestion to allow comments to reviews. Also, even though we all bitch about SW, and I rarely go to the site anymore, I did like their bulletin board structured by topic, with comments threaded and subscribed. If you make a comment to a thread, you can be notified of additional comments. The discussion board here has no structure to organize posts by topic. I also like the idea of a club discussion forum.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I see a lot of funny posts that I would like to prop, just as a "thanks for leaking me laugh" type of thing. Sure, I can post "lol@whoever", but there could be an easier way to say thanks for the laugh" You can do this via the present "Prop" system.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Alucard: To be clear, one can prop people and reviews, but not comments. Personally, I think propping individual comments would be overkill, but to each his or her own.
  • founder
    11 years ago
    Coming Soon... :)
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @founder: Tease.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^^ Hurry up – our beloved shadowcat *is* 71 :)
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    @Clubber on "improvements" +1 Be careful what you wish for. I like current functionality, too. Fancy GUI often causes problems [Remember [view link]!] Simple but functional GUI is best.
  • ButterMan
    11 years ago
    like some of us have said in the past...give TUSCL a local feel by opening up the individual club discussion boards. That would be an improvement and a lot of fun.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    TUSCL seems to be a one man (Founder) operation – perhaps Founder can hire Juice as an assistant
  • juiicebox69
    11 years ago
    Ok ! luv u Papi !
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NO aliases allowed.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    If dancers post pictures, they get a month of free credit!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ^^^ How would anyone know if it was a "real" pic? Nah.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Does the Tard not realize that Alucard is an......... alias! LOL
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    If TUSCL won't do away with Aliases, then let's have a List of members with multiple accounts. LOL That would be interesting.
  • sc_guy
    11 years ago
    I have two thoughts. First, I’d like to be able to customize my home screen. For example, it would be nice to have the clubs from a specific city show up when I log on. Second, how about the ability to request opinions on a club? If I ‘m traveling to a city where the club reviews haven’t been updated in a while, there’s bound to be someone from the area who can fill me in on the club(s) worth going to.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    the ability to post pictures or embed videos into threads would be a nice feature
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    A warning flag when an old thread is resurrected.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Similar to SW – showing how many people are currently viewing – not a real need-to-have; but sometimes it feels really slow on TUSCL and would be interesting to know how many folks are “currently viewing”.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I'll say it once more: A Moderator.
  • Super_Mane
    10 years ago
    How can tuscl improve ? You can't improve on perfection
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Minimal requirements for posting in the forum. 1. Minimum posting of 2-3 reviews 2. Delay of 2 weeks in forum posting after review standard is met.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    sc: good idea
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    A way to Lock Props to prevent ABUSE of the system and the original intention of the system.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ There already is a way. You just aren't SMART enough to figure it out.
  • Super_Mane
    10 years ago
    Founder just fine a wsy to band Alucard the root of all the problems
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    + just like one can place captions with their pics; would be cool if there was a caption for the TUSCL nickname/handle so TUSCLers could describe their handle if they so chose + be automatically alerted when new reviews are published for your chosen fave clubs
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I really would like all aliases deleted.
  • Super_Mane
    10 years ago
    Yea starting with yours Alucard faggot Ass motha fucka
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Considering that alutard is just one of RickyBoy's dozens of inane aliases, it's kind of funny that he says ban all aliases.
  • Super_Mane
    10 years ago
    True dat dougsta and jb68
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ A Moderator to delete these inane threads. ;)
  • Super_Mane
    10 years ago
    I'm running for moderator then
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    A separate section for all News related threads and threads unrelated to Strip Clubs and dancers. Again, a Moderator is really needed to clean up after the Assholes who are ruining the site.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    You (being one of RickyBoy's dozens of aliases) are the one who is ruining the site, alutard.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    "You (being one of RickyBoy's dozens of aliases) are the one who is ruining the site,______" If you ACTUALLY believe that Dougster, then you are REALLY STUPID and disconnected from reality.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Don't allow multiple accounts/aliases.
  • juiicebox69
    10 years ago
    I agree Lol !
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol@alutard calling other people disconnected from reality!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Dougster you are disconnected.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The single best thing that could happen to TUSCL would be for people not to take it so fucking seriously. Let's not forget what we're doing here people. We're PL's talking about strippers.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol@alutard calling other people disconnected from reality!
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I doubt this will change, but one thing that would really improve TUSCL, is if there were more than just one section for threads. In other words, having separate sections depending on the topic of the thread, rather than dumping all the threads into one spot. If you've ever been to any other discussion board/forum....then you know exactly what I mean. The problem with TUSCL is some members make too many threads all at once and we can't read and discuss one topic before 3 or 4 other god damn threads pop up. The forum is just too cluttered with all these threads dumped into one location Hopefully I expressed that clearly.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    The entire problem of "ASSHOLES" ruining the board would be solved by the improvements to the ignore function that have been mentioned previously. @GoVikings: While I agree in principle, some thought would need to be given to the division. I think it would be difficult to categorize most of the threads here, even the on topic ones, into very many more than four or five categories without introducing a lot of potential for crossover.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion