tuscl

Funny or Odd Club Names

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:02 PM
This is kind of a stupid thread to start; but as I skim the daily reviews; I sometime chuckle at some of the club names. Came across one today that made me LOL – the name of the club is: Leave it to Beavers Anyway – I thought it was funny but then again …

41 comments

• ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    The Pleasure Dome
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    "The Booby Trap" gets my vote. At a quick glance there are at least four locations: Two in FL, one in GA, and a now-closed location in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    The Hi-Way Playground Every bit as seedy and disgusting as it sounds! Their dancers looked a bit like they had played on the highway.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    The Hardware Store (Wisconsin) The Lumber Yard (Iowa)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    If this was near Washington, DC, I'd be really surprised. But it's a safe distance away in Auckland, New Zealand: The White House [view link] You must check out the opening screen of it's website: [view link] And, if that's not enough, it has a related brothel (legal there) named, "Monica's" [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    The Library Gentlemen’s Club (California) Gentlemen’s Club (California) <- very original name :)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    My ATF club name is The Organ Grinder. Papi, it was where the black club is on 87 Ave near the Falls. I think the last name I saw on it was Kisses.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Yeap – that is what is called now – was there once a couple of months ago
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Shooters Alley in Atlanta had a shooting in 2010 resulting in a death.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    That was the first club I visited oh so many years ago. I went back a few times about 4 years ago (forget the name then), but it wasn't all that good and quickly got worse. An interesting note, the last visits there I met a dancer whose mother worked at the Organ Grinder. And amazingly, I remembered her, at least her "name".
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Shooters Alley in Atlanta had a shooting in 2010 resulting in a death …” Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… That was the first club I visited oh so many years ago. I went back a few times about 4 years ago (forget the name then) …” I think it used to be called “The Playhouse (Miami)”
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    One place I went to, which I believe has bit the dust, is the Bear Chest Lounge in Beloit, Wisconsin. Someone told me once about the original Lumber Yard (in Des Moines, not its sister club in Cedar Rapids) that before it was a strip club, it really was a lumber yard, but I have no idea if that's true.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    There used to be a nude bar just outside of Pittsburgh called The Climax Lounge. It had a pool outside that they had strippers swimming in during the summer. Their most "unique" feature: a drive-thru stripper station. Pretty bizarre!
  • TheNakedBachelor
    11 years ago
    @Papi RE: The Lumberyard in Iowa There are two of them, actually, the first in Des Moines, LY2 in Cedar Rapids. I love the radio ad as well "Where real men go to get their wood!" Funnier still, just down the street from LY2 is "Woody's Showclub" which opened a few years before that. If you drive down I-380 there is a billboard for "Woody's" right next to the "Peterbilt" billboard. That alone is funnier than the names of the competing clubs combined!
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Papi, I think you are correct with The Playhouse during my second visiting period.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I thought a clever name for a club was "Chix on Dix" It was a club in Detroit but was closed a few years ago. The twist is that the club was actually located on "Dix Street"
    11 years ago
    Frank's Chicken House (now Delilah's Den in Manville).
    11 years ago
    Volcanic Eruptions in South Jersey.
  • ScottyW
    11 years ago
    Christies in Canton is located in "Everhard Rd"
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    Please Station Lounge
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    There used to be a restaurant in Jacksonville called Joanne's Chili Bordello. The place was great fun, has six varieties of chili each night and all of the waitresses were in bus tiers, panties and stockings and were all smoking hot. Frankly, I wouldn't have cared what the chili tasted like, but it was actually pretty good.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Fuzzy Bear's(Stanton,CA)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    ATAC, OMG, I remember that place from a business visit to Jax. Myself and some associates ate there a few times, Enough that we got nicknames from our ATFW.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Clubber: The place seemed to disappear - don't know why. Maybe the owner (Joanne? Nice lady) finally retired. Can you shed any light?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    There is a Play House in Romulus MI re-opening after being closed for a while.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    Bare Assets in Melbourne, FL
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    In between Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana use to be a club called Jerry's Stable. The dancers there should've been sent to the glue factory.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    ATAC, Not a clue. I only was only in Jax a week, but we went there 3-4 nights. Not sure of the time frame, but I would think the late 80's.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Tropical Lei (California) Not necessarily an odd or funny name – but w/ English not being my native tongue; my vocabulary is a bit more limited that most. Did not know what “Lei” meant – I thought it was some kind of Asian-Pacific term – but from [view link] it means: “(in the Hawaiian Islands) a wreath of flowers, leaves, etc., for the neck or head.” For those SoCal(ers) – I’ve heard it mentioned Tropical Lei and the former Hawaii Theater were sister clubs – interesting how they both had Hawaiian themed names – maybe the owners had a Hawaiian fetish or were Asian-Pacific?
  • MrDeuce
    11 years ago
    I'm amused by: Landing Strip (Austin, TX) Boobie Bungalow (Elkton, TN) School House (Toledo, IL -- in a former school!) Palace in the Pines (Lowellville, OH -- not a palace, no pines in sight)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    My contributions seem to be from club names that are amusing, because they're in unusual places for that name. I just noticed this club among today's reviews: Alcatraz. If it had been in San Francisco, I wouldn't even be writing this. But, it's in Helsinki, Finland! See: [view link]
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Papi: There is a club in the same general area as the Tropical Lei and the former Hawaii Theater (now Monarch's), that is named, "Flesh." That club was also owned together for a long time by the same owner as TL and HT. So, no particular connection to Hawaii or anything Asian-Pacific in its name.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Flesh got shut down for prostitution, etc several years ago and from the current reviews is nowhere near what it was before the bust. I know a dancer that is a TUSCL member that used to work there. She said it made her current club look like a kindergarten.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Jiffy Boob -- grope and go in 20 minutes or less.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Harem House
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “Boom Boom Room” Edinburg, Texas
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    The G Spot Columbus, New Jersey
  • rl27
    10 years ago
    I was in Philadelphia last year and saw some of the strangest names. Set-It-Off Go Go Bar. Penns Port Pub Sabel's Gaslight Pub Outer Space Club
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Double D Saloon Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • BigCodyCooper
    10 years ago
    Nuttin' Butt Horseplay in Myrtle Beach, SC. I wonder if thst place is still open?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion