tuscl

Are Songs Getting Shorter in the SCs You Visit ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Monday, November 18, 2013 2:06 PM

Decided to post this thread upon reading the recent thread titled “Lap dance prices are not keeping up with inflation”.

It has been stated via some discussion board comments and/or reviews of clubs that have raised their LD prices.

In these still tough economic times clubs appear to be trying to get profits anyway possible often by nickel and diming (or more) the custies.

Some clubs seem to either be raising prices or offering less for your money.

I like to get a lot of LDs when I SC and I spend a lot on LDs; so song length is critical to getting my money's worth.

I was @ Tootsies Miami a few weeks ago and got some LDs and I thought they went by pretty fast – I thought it was just me but after I got back out on the main floor I timed them w/ my cell and noticed all the damn songs were being cut @ 2:45 – and LDs are $25 per – I also noticed this in another popular mid-level club in Miami that I used to visit a lot.

Have you noticed anything similar in your clubs – maybe they are doing it and you have not noticed? At $20 or $25 per LD; a song less than 3 minutes is ripping off the custie big time IMO.

21 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    In the 4 clubs that I visit the most, the songs are being played full length. Where I have seen them being cut is in these urban clubs offering $5 dances. I guess you get what you pay for.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Yeah – I visit urban clubs all the time and song cutting is def often an issue.

The two clubs I referred to in my OP are not urban clubs and not dumps either and songs used to be longer when I visited in the past. It appears to me the song cutting thing as some of the non-urban clubs in my neck of the woods is a fairly new thing.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I haven't noticed. I usually agree to a set time or NO song counting with the Dancer.
  • sexualchoc
    11 years ago
    Without a doubt the songs are getting shorter. I noticed that too out here in a few of these Arizona clubs.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    I keep telling them to play Sister Ray...but do you know how hard it is to convince a SC DJ to play 25 min of Lou Reed singin' 'bout a smack-fueled transveste orgy? A lil' too transgressive for the Straightdude McBreadwinners out ther!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEM1wayCOjI

(Okay, I know there are shorter versions of Sister Ray...but they've all got the smack and transvestism and suckin' of ding-dongs so they ALL good)
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Not in Detroit or Toledo, and I know I would notice if they were.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If I'm in a club where they cut the songs short, I just do not buy any dances if it becomes noticeable. Either that or I demand much lower prices per song before I agree to get any dances. After enough people catch on to the super short songs and no one is buying, they cut that crap out or the girls go home broke. If it continues the girls quit and customers go elsewhere, unless enough guys don't mind the massive price increase.
  • igloo9999
    11 years ago
    I prefer a more 'dive' type of a bar and all my regular places still run a jukebox so I get full 3+ min songs for $5....
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    I had this discussion with the new club owner I am advising. My suggestion was to edit the songs to exactly three minutes. That gives him a reliable revenue model and that dancers can sell either by the dance or by the time
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Once again, another quality thread written by PC. I wonder where all of the complainers are? How come they aren't posting on a quality and sc topic that is pertinent to our hobby?
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I don't think either of my top 2 clubs are shortening songs. If anything, my #2 club seems to be making them longer, in order to encourage stage tipping. I don't know if it works for that, but it does seem busier on more recent visits than it was 3 years ago or earlier.

My #3 club, OTOH, seems to be shortening songs, or at least playing shorter songs. I'm not sure it's true, or why it would be. However, since this is a club where they rotate from stage to stage, they like to complain about all the stage time they have to do and shortening songs will cut down their time on stage.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Sitting in the Inner Room cabaret with a lovely dancer on my lap I was stunned to hear that my third song was Little Wing by Eric Clapton. All 6:20 played for $10. In the Providence area all songs seem to be 3:45 - 4 minutes, with few, if any, rip off complaints.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Little Wing is the SHIT! Hendrix, Clapton, Vaughn, and Bad Haggis all have amazing versions.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Little Wings is a swinger club in Atlanta.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    @ inno:

Why did you suggest to edit the songs @ 3:00 minutes – and what would be the price per song?

3:00 minutes feels a bit short and thus not that great a value to the customer IMO – wouldn’t giving better value to the customer result in better business rather than cutting them short?
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    Most of the clubs I have visited that cut songs all did so about 5 years ago before the economy tanked. I haven't noticed any doing this now. In fact my favorite club upgraded their sound system recently, and went from cutting songs at 3 1/2 minutes to 4 1/2 minutes. So most songs now play full length.

Where I have noticed increases is drink prices and cover charge.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    I've noticed the same at other S. Fla clubs, particularly the Pompano ones. Most of them seem to be at the DJ's discretion and/or on some sort of whim. Tootsies seems much more consistently cut with every song being under 3 mins regardless of day/time/etc.

I kinda get it when it comes to keeping a lap dance within a certain duration. The other day a club played Free Bird, obviously I was okay with them cutting it somewhat and I dig the song - so no complaints. What Tootsies is doing is tantamount to raising prices though, which I'm not a big fan of. I've also noticed an increased number of girls there setting other own (higher) rates for dances. I get a lot of "I only do 3 for 100 dances" - to which my answer is always the same: "It was nice meeting you"
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Dolfan-Seems like the 3 for 100 gals are another version of the "I only do VIP" gals. Fuck em. They won't get the money they feel that they're worth. Or maybe they will, considering the pl factor.
  • juiicebox69
    11 years ago
    Song might be gettin short but my dick keep gettin long !
  • juiicebox69
    11 years ago
    Lol !
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I must be in the minority for prefering to hear uncut songs. I actually listen to the music, or some of it anyway. As for the consistent revenue model, that doesn't demand all songs be the same length, only that the manager know what the average song length is, and that the variance isn't too high.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion