tuscl

Drugs in the Clubs

gawker
Older than dirt
Friday, June 7, 2013 8:51 PM
I fooled around with drugs in the 60's but haven't had much interest in getting high since. However my ATF will shoot, snort, or inhale anything which will alter her mood or consciousness. I've tried a few things with her during our travels and travails, but frankly they don't rock my boat. Recently she and I got talking about drug use and abuse and she said she could get her hands on anything she wanted in 10 minutes. She told me that between other dancers, some customers, and others nearby she could buy coke, crack, heroin, ecstasy, mollies, benzoes, etc. are all clubs like this or is this an aberration?

37 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    You're IMHO making a large & possibly grave mistake in being involved in illicit drug use & being supportive of that Dancer's use. BEWARE Sir!
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Some of the regulars in clubs are drug suppliers. And we wonder why some dancers cling to them.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Club owners fear a drug bust worse than a prostitution bust but it is almost impossible to totally keep out drug dealers. The best they can really hope to do is control the sale/use of drugs ITC.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Alucard - I did not say I was involved in the sale or use of illicit drugs. I was commenting and questioning whether this was common in other clubs. From your response I'm surmising that you haven't been getting a little toot or a bump in VIP.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Alutard - you are ridiculous. Never wanted to jump on the bandwagon but seriously you jump to conclusions about people so rapidly it's insane. gawker, to answer your question, given this is a subject I'n pretty well aware of/interested in, yes drug usage is really high in a lot of clubs. Even in some of the trendier up-scale clubs in Manhattan, etc. a certain group of girls will love drugs. The purity of the substances they have is questionable and I would never really suggest buying anything from them or using it with them. That's better if you want to bring your own ;) Lots of girls will use stimulants like adderall to help them lose/maintain desired weight and even be more focused/active with work (it actually helps a lot for some people). Some will use benzos (xanax, valium, etc.) to help them relax and eventually go to sleep when they're about to go home/get off shift. Some girls will take some cocaine to help them get over drinking too much. Some smoke weed to relax when they get home. There is such a thing in society as highly functioning drug users. There's also highly dysfunctional drug users with very addictive personalities driving themselves into a black hole. Sometimes one develops into the other. Drugs are fun, and when people sit there and get BBBJs from prostitutes but bash drugs, they're honestly just being hypocritical as both things are equally illegal in my opinion. At the end of the day, pick your poison, but don't bash the poison others choose.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    It's like my gramma use to say, "You do those drugs, don't let them drugs do you."
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Drug dealers are like marks and johns all ways in the strip club
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    Reading comprehension skills lacking tonight....maybe just drunk.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Drugs will always be an issue in strip clubs. This is one of the downsides to my favorite club, because a large number of dancers are always on something, even if it's only pot. But you know some of them are doing coke or crank or whatever hard drug you can think of.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Strip clubs are full of drugs. Both workers (dancers, waitresses, DJ's, bouncers, bathroom trolls) and customers (pimps, felons, druggies, low lifes, pervs) use a lot of drugs, and they're willing to sell some of their stash. Dancers sell each other a lot of prescription pills--and they have some dangerous misconceptions about what these pills do. Weed is not even considered to be illegal (I don't think it should be). Coke and meth and ecstasy are readily available. Among the dancers I know, the only drug they say they won't use is heroin, and they all know people who have used it. This is not only true of strip clubs. After she moved, my ex-ATF told me how she walked into the nearest neighborhood bar and got hooked up in 5 minutes.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I will take the red pill.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    The fact that most of the dancers are beautiful women adds to their accessability. Who doesn't want to deal with beautiful women? I was bowled over when I heard that instead of $200 for a VIP she could get paid with an 8 ball from one guy; another had ecstasy /Molly, its just a different world to this old fart.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Whenever you have large flows of cash; alcohol; and sex; one would think drugs would be part of that party scene equation.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    A somewhat OT story: due to the death of someone with diabetes, I came into possession of a large number of clean syringes. A passed them on to a dancer friend who had told me there were a lot of heroin users in the club she was working at at the time. I later found out that in GA and perhaps other backwards places, it is ILLEGAL to make clean syringes available in order to maybe save someone from HIV or other infection. Just when you think you've seen the limit of how fucked-in-the-head people can be...
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I was surprised several years ago when late at night a dancer was riding with me to her apartment and said she needed to pick up something at a pharmacy. She had me drive to the drive-up window. She leaned across me, handed the clerk her license and ordered a package of 12 syringes. No one batted an eye, they were inexpensive and she had clean needles legally.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Diabetes is not rare so nobody's going to assume syringes are for illegal drugs. What did she pay maybe $5 - 6? If a dancer's having a slow week, she may not have money for a fix AND syringes AND gas money to go to the drugstore. If she goes into withdrawal she likely will pick up a used needle if she doesn't have a clean one. I knew somebody who died of AIDS after many years in recovery, it was very heart-breaking.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    BAN and CONFISCATE all drugs and syringes!
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    I have been clubbing regularly (on and off) for about 17 years and this has been a persistent issue, which I don't see ever changing given the types of gals that this industry attracts. The popular drugs of choice may change - back in the late 90s it was coke while today I am seeing more H and meth use - but the issue itself remains pretty constant. And throughout the years, there have always been a fair share of potheads dancing in the clubs. I guess each guy has to decide for himself what he is willing to tolerate. I steer clear of the girls who are obviously on the heavier stuff, but I don't have strong feelings about girls who like to drink or even those who smoke weed. I dislike weed myself, but I'm not going to begrudge a girl who likes to smoke little herb to relax. Anyway, just my two cents.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    gawker: "are all clubs like this or is this an aberration? " The former! Even when I was in Salt Lake City dancers telling me tales the ubiquity of psychedelics for example. Those aren't even the popular shit in the drug culture any more either, so if they could get stuff that exotic, the more mundane stuff must be an even bigger cinch.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I don't feel that psychedelics are either unpopular or exotic. With so many Deathsquad fans everywhere, ethneogens aren't hard to come by. You just can't trip out on a daily basis like you can drink or smoke or snort or shoot up.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    SlicSpic - I always like your comments - they're well thought out and well written. But what the Hell is an ethneogen? And while your at it do you know if Molly is the same as Ecstacy?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Ethneogen is a botanical way of saying psychedelic. It's used by people who are pro-psych, ie. Terrence and Dennis Mckenna, Graham Hancock, Dr. Timothy Leary, Joe Rogan. To my knowledge, Molly is the same as Ecstacy. Some people claim that Molly is pure MDMA but I don't know. I do remember that if you called Ecstacy X as opposed to E, we knew you were a narc.
  • txtittyfan
    11 years ago
    Easy access to drugs is not just limited to Strip Clubs. Just about any environment heavily attended by the younger generation will have easy access. The only difference may be the amount of use/abuse.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    @SlickSpic, ecstasy normally contains *SOME* MDMA with lots of other adulterants, like speed, etc. MDMA ("molly") refers to the real, therapeutic substance. I say therapeutic because it actually is. "I feel absolutely clean inside, and there is nothing but pure euphoria. I have never felt so great, or believed this to be possible. The cleanliness, clarity, and marvelous feeling of solid inner strength continued through the rest of the day, and evening, and into the next day. I am overcome by the profundity of the experience..." Says Alexander Shulgin, a genius scientist who studies a lot of drugs. [view link] Needless to say, I've used pure MDMA at strip clubs and gotten lap dances while feeling like this. Let's just say I probably had a way better time than all of you who bash it, and the drug is far less cardiotoxic (or even toxic to the liver) than the extent to which many of you drink alcohol. Legality of a drug doesn't necessarily correspond to it's danger, and what makes drugs dangerous is often the adulterants and not so much the pure substance. If you know what you're doing and don't abuse it (I don't do MDMA very often at all), you can certainly life a very nice long life with no long-term harm.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Weed is not even considered to be illegal" Sorry, but the U.S. government differs.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Alutard - weed isn't illegal in every state, and it's quickly changing that more and more states will be legalizing it. Weed/THC is a less harsh substance than alcohol, and actually has pain reliving properties for many people.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    In case you DON'T know, the Federal Law OVERRULES state law on this subject.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    It's honestly really fucking hilarious that you guys are bashing drugs so much, but many of you are down to go BBFS and BBBJ like no tomorrow. Very hypocritical. I've actually studied neuroscience and biology to the extent that I'm pretty aware of how these drugs affect the body and mind. Drugs are like cocaine are certainly very risky, and I'd not suggest people to fuck with that. But LSD, MDMA, weed etc. are notably safer than alcohol when administered in a controlled manner. But it's cool, you know, I can take my strippers out to underground house music parties, take MDMA with them, and then have beautiful sex with them when we get home from a wonderful night out in a state of pure bliss. You can continue to bash them for their drugs :)
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    If federal law overrules state law, why is it now legal to smoke weed in a few states? Just curious
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    lol, exactly, weed is absolutely a legal substance in some places now, and honestly poses very little harm to society as a whole. Hence it's probably going to be legalized across the US eventually.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Those state laws are in violation of the Fed Law. The Federal Law can be enforced in those states against individuals/groups if the Feds wish to arrest people. The State Law won't protect them. "Department of Justice Guidelines: The Department of Justice (DOJ) issued guidance for Federal prosecutors in states that have enacted laws authorizing the medical use of marijuana under state law. The guidelines explain that it is likely not an efficient use of federal resources to focus enforcement efforts on individuals with serious illnesses who use marijuana as part of a recommended treatment regimen consistent with applicable state law or their individual non-commercial caregiver. However, persons who are in the business of cultivating, selling, or distributing marijuana, and those who knowingly facilitate such activities, are in violation of Federal law, and are subject to Federal enforcement action, including potential prosecution. The DOJ guidelines do not legalize marijuana. The DOJ guidance explicitly states that marijuana remains illegal under Federal law. Enforcing Federal law against significant traffickers in illegal drugs including marijuana remains a core Department of Justice priority." Above From: [view link]
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Alutard, that's for illegal/black market dealers/distributors. Not a casual user with a couple of grams on them. They don't give a shit about someone with small amounts.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    gsv is absolutely correct. MDMA is right down there with MJ in terms of objectivity harmfulness. I think if there is a next currently sched 1 drug to get legalized it will be MDMA. To treat PTSD, for instance, and maybe even recreationally after that.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Alucard, why is it that you are over supporting Federal law restricting or prohibiting use/ingestion of drugs, herbs, and/or chemical compounds, rules which many feel are inappropriate, but you are angrily opposed to the Second Amendment of the US Constitution? Your inconsistency is confusing.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @dallas702: No, it's entirely consistent. Repealing the 2nd Amendment and enforcing drug criminalization both restrict behaviour of which he does not approve. That is, by definition "good". One is left to wonder why he doesn't support enforcent of prostitution laws so vociferously.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @gmd: because he would have got 0 pussy during his life if not for prostitutes? If he had a self interest at stake he is against if not he'll just use the laws he as nothing at stake in to codrmn those who do. Kind of a lack of empathy on his part completely with my claim he suffers from ...
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Layers of Grayness. ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion