tuscl

Dress Codes

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:49 PM
Has anyone run into strict dress code rules? I'm under the impression that shorts are always acceptable, but has anyone not be allowed into a club because they are wearing shorts? Thanks

54 comments

• trevino
    12 years ago
    Shorts? Seriously?? Do you just want all the strippers to assume you have no job and live with your mother?
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Hoodies are not allowed in some Detroit clubs. I am over 60 and was wearing a Navy blue Brooks Brothers hoodie (a gift from my children)and pressed khaki slacks. I was stopped at the door. The door bouncer told me that I could not wear a hoodie in the club. When I offered to remove the hoodie and enter topless, I was allowed to wear it in the club.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    If you wear a nice pair of Khaki shorts it shouldn't be a problem. Munkey -- shorts are commonplace in Phoenix, especially in the summer months. It was over 100 degrees today. I don't know if he was talking about athletic mesh basketball shorts. I go in a nice pair of shorts and a short sleeve button down shirt normally in the summer months.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I've never run into a Dress Code thankfully. But I usually go dressed down for a different kind of success.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    At one of my favorite clubs, if you come dressed like "The boyz in the Hood", you ain't getting in. The code is aimed at keeping out drug traffickers. munkey - I live in Atlanta and I am 70 years old. I wore long pants to my favorite club only twice this last winter. No. The strippers did not think that I lived with my parents. They just thought that I was a man that knew what he was after. And I got it.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I have been asked to wear a shirt with a collar on it in some clubs. Nothing has ever been said about my shorts but they are more of a dressier style of shorts. Sometimes the dancers insist I take off my belt but I am already in the club when that happens. I believe some dancers do not like my belt buckle.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    A friend of mine who is a stripper insists that any customer who get's a lap dance from her take off their belt. Belt buckles can scratch them and if they're scratched they can't work.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    I did a trial with Nike basketball shorts at two clubs on a hot summer day in Florida (only two times I've ever not worn pants to a SC). At one club the dancers seemed to generally avoid me, although this may have been the normal culture of the club. One dancer even commented, "Do you always wear basketball shorts to a strip club?" At another club some dancers commented how they'd have easy access to my unit with my attire. They were like, "Ohhh, he came to play with us!" It seems hit or miss on how you will be perceived with shorts.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I take my cue from what other people are wearing. In strip clubs, most people are wearing g-strings and so I feel I have to conform.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Monkeyballs......juice wear shorts every time out clubing.....and I toss so much paper even if I lived with ma and pops they wouldn't give a flying fuck ! And yes I wear athletic feels like I don't have on shorts going cammando getting my dick sucked shorts lol !...................and no no dress codes in my clubbing yet
  • smokeshopjoe
    12 years ago
    I am with juice and rh48, and as a side note wearing the athletic shorts also tells the girls what you are after. No use coming on over to me if you dont like what i am wearing or dont like what i want to do.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "At another club some dancers commented how they'd have easy access to my unit with my attire. They were like, "Ohhh, he came to play with us!"" That's my thought process, which I learned in Florida.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    When the weather is right for shorts most clubs will allow them. I have been at clubs that have "no shorts" posted. I asked a dancer why and she told me the management told her that it was "health regulations" (they had pasties on for the same reason). Other high end clubs have a strict dress code, no T shirts, no shorts, no sweat shirts, no bandanas, no colors. They had a whole list in order to keep bangers and trouble makers out. Their point was "If you come in here leave the street at the door" . They had a couple of guys at the door that made sure you understood the rules were to be followed. I always dress decent when clubbing, most dancers do not like to rub tender parts on jeans and a shirt tail covers things.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Well a 60+ guy walking around in basketball shorts just doesnt look right. Even funny on the younger guys. Girls call them perv shorts. But the older guy will get attention if they know hes a big spender.
  • Jmoney007
    12 years ago
    @SuperDude was this before or after the treyvon martian shooting? i have a feeling there could be a connection, i used to be able to wear my hoodie and matching pants to any detroit area clubs but now i have to take off the hoodie part and leave it in the car. funny how before the shooting i had no problem wearing it and now it seems to be banned from some clubs with more to follow suit.
  • dallas702
    12 years ago
    About 20 years ago I was prevented from entering a NYC club because I was wearing running shoes instead of their required "appropriate footwear." That is the last time I have been even questioned about clothing at the entrance to a SC.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    I wear athletic shorts or sweat pants because the material is softer and doesn't hurt the strippers the way jeans do during dances. I've had a lot of strippers say that they like the way I dress because the material is soft.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    The only dress code issue I've experienced several years ago is a L.A. club refusing to let me in wearing a baseball cap. I just put it in my car, and went in. Maybe having an out of town strip club name on it had something to do with it.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Dallas, wow. Thats the first I have ever heard of a shoe rule. The manager at one of my long time hang outs keeps vacillating on the dress code. A few years back be banned hoodies and all hats. I guess he thought if kept out some of the younger kids it would help to attract the older big spenders. Didn't work so he dropped the rule. But after a year it's been re-instated once again. Even tougher this time. No shorts, no basketball shorts, and no pajama bottoms. No kidding. There was one old regular that wore pajama bottoms every time.
  • mal_hodgson
    12 years ago
    I generally wear blue jeans and a t-shirt. I take my belt off and leave it in the car. My jeans are pretty loose without the belt so it encourages dancer access. Sometimes they will ask me to make adjustments, but I usually say you go ahead and put it where ever you want. I also leave my glasses in the car so I don't have to take them on and off. That plus the dark lighting gives most girls at least an extra +1 rating!
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    ...stopped for wearing a hoodie three years ago.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I've been to a number of places which will not let you in if you're wearing a hoodie. I also remember that Heavenly Bodies by the O'Hare airport used to have a collared shirt rule and probably still does. I've never been anywhere where they wouldn't let you in in shorts.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I thank if a club had a dress code I would not want to go unless it was a code that made since like trying to stop gang activity
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Twice I've been told to leave a light weight, hooded addidas jacket in the car. I often wear a baseball hat, and used to wear it backwards a lot. I was regularly told to turn it around or take it off.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "Shorts? Seriously?? Do you just want all the strippers to assume you have no job and live with your mother?" Yeah, it's bad enough that they already think that anyone who would go to a strip club to see a stripper like her is a totally pathetic loser who lives with their mother. WHO CARES?????? Do you make sure to wear a pressed, button down shirt and a bow tie with your dress slacks so that maybe she'll think you're NOT just the average pathetic loser? Get real. Relax. You're a man. Enjoy life. Don't care what some damn stripper thinks. Thankfully most clubs in my neck of the woods don't have tight-assed dress codes, and you can wear loose shorts to give the dancer easy access. That's what they do, they're very good at it, and it's fun.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    J'40: What kind of damn sexist hyprocrite are you? You're the king of double standards. Aren't you the same dude that was critical of the Califirnia girls who dress for comfort? So it's ok for guys to look like slobs but all women have to dress to please you? Incredible
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "So it's ok for guys to look like slobs but all women have to dress to please you?" Of course that's not what I said, but sometimes people like to find any reason they can to call other people names.... Wearing shorts to a strip club does not equal dressing like a slob whenever you go out in public. Right? Do you see that? It's two different things. You're assuming shorts=slob, and that's not necessarily true. It's one of those "logic" things. :) But if it makes you feel better to assume I'm a hypocrite, then go ahead.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I haven't had trouble with dress code. Many Detroit clubs ban hats and colors but my mother taught me to take my hat off indoors and I'm not a member of any gang. I always wear a button-up shirt, so the girls can unbutton it.
  • COclubber
    12 years ago
    Treasures and Mens CLub in Houston both turned me away for not having a collared shirt. THey never said anything about the shorts.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I've never had any issues with dress codes. I think they'd let me in wearing a bathrobe. Most of the male patrons I see are dressed reasonably, though I've seen a few that were downright disgusting in appearance, and no dancers would go near them. No surprise there.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @jerikson- sorry to harp on you but I just went back and read your thread. Motorhead is right. In yourthe thread,you referred to women not dressing hot for you in public, the grocery store. Then you defended your rant in your many comments. Shorts don't mean slob but neither do yoga pants, which women wear for comfort. So motorheads comment is correct. You are dressing for comfort but women can't. If you stand by what you said in your thread, then yes, you are a hypocrite. No one feels better calling you that either. It sucks.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "be able to wear my hoodie" Please enlighten an fashion ignorant old man, what is the fashion obsession with the wearing of a hoodie? My "wild guess" is everyone wants to be like Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots. LOL THX Stiletto, I promised jerikson40 that I wouldn't call him names. But someone here needs to help guide this guy in perhaps a bit different direction.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Okay, then I'm a hypocrite when I wear shorts to a strip club. Now that we have that out of the way, what does that have to do with whether it's legitimate for me to complain about the way women dress? Are you saying that if I don't dress sharp whenever I'm in public, it invalidates my desire for women to? I'm not allowed to complain about how women dress? Nobody is allowed to complain about something unless they prove that they are 100% perfect in that arena? Again, it's irrational. It doesn't make sense. But like I say, if you want to believe that my point about how women dress should be completely erased because I wear shorts to a strip club, then go ahead. You already don't agree with it, so it doesn't matter, does it? In the meanwhile, I'm really considering lopaw's point about wearing a bathrobe to the strip club. Really quite brilliant if you ask me. Especially one of those really soft, fuzzy ones. Yeah, baby....
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "I often wear a baseball hat, and used to wear it backwards a lot. I was regularly told to turn it around or take it off." Good advice!
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    You guys should see what the good ol' boys wear when they visit the Rig Pig in Nisku. Granted, no lap dances are offered by the girls in this club but you will see some of the most foul, greasiest, muddiest work gear on the club's clientele that you could ever imagine. I have never visited a club anywhere else in North America that tolerates this kind of customer attire; but then, for me, that is a large part of the Rig Pig's appeal. These are 'my' boys.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I like taking my cock out and saying juice is epic !.....love you st25 : )
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    "Okay, then I'm a hypocrite when I wear shorts to a strip club." No, you're a hypocrite for saying that women dressing for comfort deserves criticism, but *you* dressing for comfort does not.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the important clarification George.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Thanks for the important clarification George" Good advice is PRICELESS! ;)
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    You douchebags really need to grow up.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I generally don't wear shorts to a club. For that matter, most of my clubbing involves a suit. I have an image to maintain after all. ;)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I only go to classy strip clubs. Those are the ones that insist you wear your baseball cap facing forward!
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    Just went to my fave club this week, wearing dress shorts for the first time. Went to VIP with one of my favorite dancers, one that has given me good, not great, dances in the past. This time, a few minutes into my 30-minute VIP, she's pulling Mr Johnson out the leg hole for some extended HJ action. This is greatly appreciated! Although nothing other than her hands made contact with Johnson, this is definitely a new high in my relationship with this dancer. You can bet I'll be back (in my new shorts) to visit this and other dancers.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    During the cold months, I wear a trench coat over my shorts until after I am seated inside the club. :)
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Just went to my fave club this week, wearing dress shorts for the first time. Went to VIP with one of my favorite dancers, one that has given me good, not great, dances in the past. This time, a few minutes into my 30-minute VIP, she's pulling Mr Johnson out the leg hole for some extended HJ action. This is greatly appreciated! Although nothing other than her hands made contact with Johnson, this is definitely a new high in my relationship with this dancer. You can bet I'll be back (in my new shorts) to visit this and other dancers" Just goes to show ya what Shorts can do for you!! Despite the suggestions to the contrary by the Clothing Police. LMFAO
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "During the cold months, I wear a trench coat over my shorts until after I am seated inside the club." Sheesh, shadow. In my community, you would be picked up and questioned for dressing like that. And I'm not talking the clothing police, either.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Sheesh, shadow. In my community, you would be picked up and questioned for dressing like that. And I'm not talking the clothing police, either" That's TOO conservative for my tastes. LOL
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    When getting dressed for the club, just ask yourself, "Whst would the Most Interesting Man in the World wear?
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    "You douchebags really need to grow up." Ring, ring. "Hello Kettle? This is Pot. You're black."
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I believe that jerikson40's "growth" has been stunted in more ways than one. LOL
  • 10inches
    12 years ago
    used to live in Houston back in the 80s. most SC would not allow cowboy hats !!!. never quite figured out why
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Banning cowboy hats in Texas. That's funny. WTF?
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Juice loves the W33333D !
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Most clubs here in the summer are pretty relaxed. As fall settles in, I've experienced a tightening of dress codes as the clubs try to regain some control. I've been turned away in September for wearing casual summer clothing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion