tuscl

Dollar coins replacing dollar bills.....how would that affect your clubbing?

Friday, October 28, 2011 12:24 PM
[view link] Some in the government want to get rid of dollar bills in favor of dollar coins. I couldn't help but wonder how this would affect the tipping habits of the average clubber. Would anyone be ballsy enough to throw a coin onstage? Would you just start handing out 5's? How would this affect you?

26 comments

• EarlTee
    13 years ago
    I would buy the paper "dancer dollars" that clubs would print and tip with those.
  • Rainman1970
    13 years ago
    If you ever go to a strip club in Mexico it is intesting because all of the lower denominated Pesos are in coins. Most of the people down there do put coins right on the stage and sometimes even drop the coins inside the g string. This could actually be a good thing, the girl would have to open up the g string a little to allow for that coin to be dropped in.....:)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Let's get rid of the penny and get rid of all those $19.99/car washs, $335.99/gal, 1.99/bunch, 29,999/automobiles, etc.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Would any of our Canadian members care to comment on this? There is no dollar bill in Canadian currency, so how is tipping on stage handled at Canadian strip clubs?
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    For the newest in stripper wear, see the following URL: [view link]
  • rrbill
    13 years ago
    There is very little stage tipping in Canadian strip clubs. Joe Canuck and Pierre Bonhomme are not going to put a $5 bill in a garter, and there is thus much more pressure for table dances and lap dances. However, when I go, I take plenty of Yankee dollars, even though they are only worth about 90c Canadian. And I do see people leaving $5 bills on stage after the dancer finishes her set.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    How's the gangstas gonna make it rain? They would have to make it hail.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    rrbill, I hear from those that work for tips in S. Florida, poor or not tipping is quite Canadian.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    New meaning to the term Make it Rain ouch!
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Considering how good the firniture moving business is in Canada (or at least Toronto), I'm gussing that the lack of stage tipping isn't a major issue. I can see eliminating the dollar bill going either way. It could increase the need to give LD and conceivably milage would improve. Or, clubs would print out club dollars, but then the club can force you into tipping $2.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    lol motorhead....good point! In my area we don't typically tip dancers on stage anywhere on their person. The tips are tossed onstage, so whether it be paper or coins makes no difference really.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    It will be called, a hailstorm rain. Before I die or get a 100% deadly cancer I want to threw a gold bar on stage.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Here's a thought. Those of us who go would need to know where to get those two dollar bills. We would need a sticky, or section on the site listing where to get 2's in various cities, i.e. this bank or that, etc.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    At one of the clubs I go to, whenever you pay the cover, you get a $2 bill in change back, so in theory, you could ask for $2 bills and get a bunch with which to tip, but I'm not sure how well that would go with the dancers. I suspect dancers would begin to carry little purses around which they could carry dollar coins in. I wonder how it would work at one of the clubs I visit regularly, where a number of the dancers have a disinterest in giving private dances, which is weird enough, but then to not get tips anymore.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Back in the 1960's, when my grandfather was near 80, as a very young lad, I was puzzled that my very tough and macho grandfather (he had been one of Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders) I would be puzzled to see him use a coin purse. In retrospect, though, people did carry (real) silver dollars at one time, along with fifty cent pieces when movie admission was less than a dollar and you could get snacks for less than fifty cents. Perhaps coin purses, even for men, will return.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    I think Apple is going to solve the dilemma. I hear they're coming out with a new iphone app. The dancer just scans a barcode on your phone and her tip is taken out of your bank account. The only question is where on her person is she going to discreetly hide the scanner?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Well, she does have a few orifices, motorhead. :)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    motor, An excellent idea, but expressed improperly. What needs to be done, since dancers like tats so much, they just need a few bar-codes on themselves. Depending on their location, when the customer scans that particular code, money is then transferred to her registered account. As an example, the neck code would be much lower cost than the cooter code!
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    NOT 1 Bit!
  • highlander2973
    13 years ago
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Every effort the government has put on us in the past to use a dollar coin has failed miserably. Those Susan B Anthony dollars didn't fly and neither did those gold Sacagawea dollars. When I was in the UK for two weeks, I got annoyed quickly at their pound currency and it wasn't long before I had heavy pockets. People hate change, literally and figuratively.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    The loonie toss in Alberta SCs is how dancers are tipped on stage in my home province. I have not seen the same practice in SCs in Ontario, Quebec, or British Columbia. Throwing a loonie or toonie across the metre-wide divider between the stage and gyno row at a dancer's gaping vagina really does not turn my crank. The practice is entrenched in Alberta clubs however. The cagey customer in Alberta clubs has been known to go up to the stage after the dancer has picked up all her hard earned loonies and toonies, lay down a fin or sawbuck on the stage, and politely thank the dancer for her performance. Pleasant things may happen after this approach or, ahem, so I have been told.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Anybody remember the days when the "Silver Dollar" was king in Vegas?
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    a fin or sawbuck???
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    a fin or sawbuck???
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    @mjxo1: You must get out more!! fin = $5 sawbuck = $10 And in Canada, loonie = $1 coin; toonie = $2 coin
  • driver01
    13 years ago
    There is a restaurant/bar i frequent that does not utilize $1 bills at all. TheIr smallest coin is a quarter. They have $ coins and $2 bills and up.. Bartenders like it- fewer bills to count at the end of the shift.. The valets like it... I started getting my change in $2 bills as it was a bit of a novelty to me when they started doing it and bringing them with me to my local sclub... It was kind of funny because the dancers at first thought the $2 weren't real... Frankly, i'm surprised more businesses with tipped employees haven't adopted this practice of $2 bills...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion