tuscl

What I get from watching the dancer on stage

zorro
North Carolina
Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:48 PM
These are the only things I truly get from watching a dancer on stage: 1. Does she have an attractive body. 2. If I tip her, does she give me enough contact, physical and otherwise, to lead me to believe she would be good for a lap dance. 3. If both 1 and 2 are "yes" I use the time I'm tipping her to ask for a private dance. I really couldn't care less about anything else she does on stage. I don't think I have ever seen someone on stage who dances so well that I actually care about her performance. Am I in a minority or majority? Zorro

24 comments

• Book Guy
    15 years ago
    You're majority of us two. :) I do the same. I want to see (A) absolutely positively what ALL of her looks like. If she resists removing enough clothing that I can define 100% of what it will feel like and therefore am left wondering whether maybe there's something she's hiding, then I'm not interested. I want to determine (B) what the touch and contact will be like. If she has some "issues" with getting personal with me (or, really, any other customer) then, again, I'm not interested. Then there's the negotiation. What I'm looking to determine, as she talks to me, is really only one or two things. I want to know if we two can "get along" (for long enough to trust each other's company for a lap dance session, or more) and I want to know if her "rules" are the sorts of things that I will approve or disapprove of. If she CHANGES the moment she gets into the private room with me -- either in looks (which is a rare trick, but it does happen) or in attitude / rules / intended contact, then I'm outta there. Honesty in advertising. That's what the stage performance and main floor interaction are all about.
  • Fibber
    15 years ago
    i take almost the opposite approach - I eliminate lots of dancers by their stage presense. Attitude is everything - if they are going through the motions on stage I don't care how hot they are or nice they are if they sit with you, chances are just too good for a lousy lap dance.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I don't care much about stage performance. But, normally I don't care for the good stage dancers---that seems to be a clue that that is their interest and NOT providing a GFE. Don't understand those guys who are interested in the dancing part of the stage show. I like the stage show solely to determine if she is as hot naked as with clothes. The putting out (if desired) is normally a given at the clubs that I frequent so it isn't something that I'm looking for and besides my interest in hardcore prostitution is fairly low.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have found that stage presence is not the key factor. I have known dancers (especially Angela) that will lead you on and then not produce on the couch. Not even let you feel her tits. I have know others (especially E___) that would not even take their tops off on stage, that were wild cats on the couch. Said that she was too shy. I observed her once doing a couple. It was so hot that I could not concentrate on the dancer that I was with. Pictures available. A better indicator is the interview. I remember once sitting with a favorite and was playing with her pussy on the outside off her thong. Another dancer strolled by that I casually knew. She said that she wanted to trade places. She got her wish later and we wound up doing FS ITC. Let the buyer beware! The snow is now accumulating on the pavement. Thunder and lightening too.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    I love to watch good pole work. Its amazing how strong some of these strippers are. The inverted stuff is kinda cool to me. However, there seems little correlation between stage and the VIP. For instance, I know two strippers in Detroit whos most difficult stage moves are walking around the pole. In the VIP, one can't keep her hands out of my pants, the other is lazy and uninterested. Another club has two princesses that work the pole together. Quit interesting. One is good to very good mileage, the other is way low. 90% of strippers are just plain boring to watch on stage. So generally I'll watch to see how sexy a stripper is, not so much for entertainment.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    The stage shows are a good way to see *all* of what you might be "renting out" during a potential, future LD. It's rare that I've been dramatically impressed by a stripper's dancing ability, but I do admit to enjoying the occasional rare pole trick that I haven't seen before (or very often) at all. It's also very rare that I'll solicit a LD right from the stage...although it has happened once or twice. I much rather prefer to see what kind of attitude the dancer has when she comes up to me in the main room. One thing that I find amusing myself is figuring out when a dancer (that I've seen many times before) is going through a standard "routine" when she is onstage...doing this move, followed by that trick, followed by etc., etc.... A couple of my former ATFs used to do this all the time onstage...it was almost as if they were on autopilot once they hit that stage...lol... BTW scat...nobody gives a flying fuck what the weather is where you are...now stop drinking...
  • how
    15 years ago
    Stage impressions are usually vague and inconclusive. Exceptions prove the rule, of course; I've had dancers give me BBBJ from on-stage, others invite me to put fingers in, others ask me to DATY while they're on-stage, and others simply tell me they want to do everything in a "lapdance." In such cases, the impression made from the stage performance is obvious...
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Let's be 100 percent honest here. In a two or three song set onstage, for the first song she's fully clothed. It's rare for a dancer to get tipped when she's fully clothed. It's during the second song, when her top comes off that guys go up because they're "inspecting the merchandise". So, given that, the first song, when she's ignored anyway, is a chance for her to sparkle, to impress. Think of it as an audition or job interview. She's applying for the position of your personal lapper, and if she goes up and just slowly walks around the pole looking bored, she's not that interesting. She might be a tiger in the back room, but first impressions are lasting impressions. If she's too aggressive onstage, that frightens me, but if she does a couple of tricks and flirts with the audience, that's a plus for her. I don't know where how has been going. I haven't seen blowjobs, full penetration, or DATY going on onstage since my last TJ trip 25 years ago. Sounds like an interesting place.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Dudester, some of the clubs where those things I described happened are in Universal City, TX, San Antonio, TX, El Paso, TX... Basically, in Texas! Also, in Tampa, FL...
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Fibber: actually, your approach sounds almost identical to mine, just expressed differently. For both of us, the idea is to use her stage behavior to help us to figure out whether she's going to give what we want. Whereas for others, the idea is just to enjoy what she's doing on stage, regardless of what ELSE it might signify. Truth in advertising, truth in advertising ...
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Stage dancing means something in the overall scheme of things, but probably not that much. A girl with good stage presence gets my money every time, but that doesn't always translate to good lap dances. Some girls are just better stage dancers, but then some are better lap dancers as well.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I see the stage set ( I said set, not show) as an interview session, both as a "look further" and as an eliminator for reasons already mentioned by other posters. Its the intangibles & up close vibes that count. For dancers reading this, I'm not saying to just chuck the pole work, etc & just concentrate on giving guys stevies. If a dancer is good at something, & puts her in positive mood doing it, be it pole work or gymnastics, it enhances the positive mood/vibes. But that should merely be an appetizer, not the main course. Dancers that get so wrapped up in pole work/ dance routine to point of ignoring stage tippers are a turn-off.
  • ozymandias
    15 years ago
    One of the things I love about Japan is that when you walk by a restaurant, they have these perfect replica models of all their dishes - set up as the meals you'll get - with little placards telling what they are and how much they cost... and of course, being Japan, when you go in and order it, the meal brought to your table looks EXACTLY like the replica. It minimizes the risk profile of the purchase. Good stuff. That's what the stage is for me - risk management. I can gauge her interaction with customers who interact with her, I can examine every square inch of her body, get a pretty good idea of how wild she is by how explicit her stage show is. I NEVER have a dancer come over until I've seen her on stage first. Well, almost never. O.
  • magicrat
    15 years ago
    Actually I usually do the opposite of what most have said here. If it's a dancer that looks interesting to me, I will tip her during the first dance, when she is fully clothed, simply because no one else will. If I get a good response, I'll tip again on a subsequent song. They seem to appreciate the fact that you will tip them before they show the "goods".
  • I don't usually splurge when getting lapdances anyway, so I too try to use it as a screener, but I don't rely solely on what I get onstage. Now, if she's a terrible dancer and doesn't get naked when she's supposed to, minnow's right: She's ruined the vibe for me. But if there's a girl who shows her boobs when she's supposed to and gets all-naked when she's supposed to, that's a start. Her conversation with me is the clincher: If it looks like she's friendly, I would put her on a mental list. My experience is, if she can hold a conversation, the ensuing LD can't be a total waste. I admit that this is a fallback to make me feel like I didn't totally blow money on a fail; mileage when I use this test to select girls varies wildly. But sometimes when I don't (or can't) get an LD, I usually don't mind tipping a stripper for her performance. She may not care about riding me, but I can appreciate the work into putting on a show. For a dollar a dance, it's the least I can do. Deja Vu and Sinners here in Minneapolis have several dancers that excel in the "art" of pole dancing. That reminds me: There's an inaugural(?) United States Pole Dance Championship on the 15th in New York: [view link]
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    TUSCL_Brother is correct. If that doesn't happen, not much sense of having her later for a dance. Although, if she were very hands on, maybe, but that would be more difficult to detect.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    All good comments. But basically, the stage dance is window shoping, nothing more. As so many say, it really is the "interview" that tells you what you need to know about whether you and this dancer can get on the same page and whether you are comfortable with her. Beyond that, sometimesw you just have to make an investment for research purposes if this is someone new.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    T_B: And a dose of "BLTC" helps you with your "hard work", lets not forget. btw, those are one of many good stage tips in 3-3 post.
  • striving
    15 years ago
    Interesting topic! Well, the reality is many girls don't put a lot of effort and creativity in the actual stage dance. Similarly customers don't go there for the stage dance ;) I guess certain clubs are exceptions, of course. I'd really love to see some quality dancing... Thanks a lot to someyoungguysomeyoungguy !!! I had no idea there is "Pole Dance Championship" out there... and by some coincidence I might be in the NYC area around 15th. Would be a great thing to see!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Don't expect to get any LDs (or even nudity maybe) at that competition though...most of the girls that I saw that were involved in it were fitness-model types, not strippers.
  • striving
    15 years ago
    haha :D yes... I am *not* expecting lap dances at pole dance competition! The page explicitly says "no nudity". There is even a sample video... it looks more acrobatic than erotic, so quite distant from what you see in strip clubs, but I still find it worth seeing!
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    A girl's stage dance is her audition with me. If she plays with her pussy, that's the best sign.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    To the subject of the thread, it really depends. Might put together a blog post or something. For unfamiliar places, what's happening on stage is a good indicator of the type and overall quality of the experience to be had. It represents the heartbeat of many clubs. On the original question, it's not for me to say.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    One thing I've found to be a very positive, reliable indicator, that the lapper is likely to be a good one, is whether or not she knows how to kiss and nuzzle my ears and neck. If she's willing to basically "make out" with my face, neck, ears, cheeks, in that manner which gets my blood boiling and makes the pit of my stomach sink with that little narcotic "pull" sensation, then I'm likely to enjoy the lapper. She can demonstrate this knowledge while she's on stage when receiving a tip from me. BTW, one of the reasons I dislike the 'system' at Visions (otherwise, the best club in New Orleans right now, probably) is that the girls are up high on a bar, in their heels, where they can't get their face near to mine, thus preventing any such form of advertising from them while they're doing their stage-stroll. And of course, any such act might be just false advertising, such that when you do get the girl into the private rooms she isn't half as up-close-and-personal as you thought she was going to be. But I've found it to be a pretty reliable indicator -- for me, at least, very few girls who, when receiving a dollar tip from me stage-side, in so doing, give me a lip-kiss, or who nuzzle my ears and neck, or who mumble into my ear while playing with the hair on the back of my head, or who otherwise use their mouth to "make out" with parts of my face, are also girls who tend to give good lappers. In fact, I can't recall ever meeting someone who did A (stage-side nuzzling) and not B (good private-room lappers).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion