tuscl

Economic Stimulus Payment Incentives

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:31 PM
Many retailers are giving customers discounts if they cash or use their stimulus checks at their stores. Are dancers doing anything along those lines?

14 comments

• Tucker40
    16 years ago
    I've never met a dancer who would take a check. Have you?
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    I've never met a dancer who would take a check. Have you? This dates to the mid 80's when strippers could be as young as 16 in Texas. I was in an upscale joint and had LD's from several dancers. They introduced this blonde goddess, saying "It's her birthday, and she's now old enough to work here". Just about every guy in the place went up on stage to tip her. I used my last twenty to get a quick LD from her (lot's of guys were only getting only one). When she had her second go around on stage she had loosened up and just about every guy was getting a reach into her panties to put their tip in. I was out of money, completely, but I still had my checkbook. I wrote a check, and got a reach in. I noticed later that the name on the check was a guy-probably a bouncer or bartender.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    No. I cannot even get a senior citizens discount. I have tried. Yes. I have met a dancer that would take a check. It was for $1,000.00 and was given with no strings attached. Yeah, I hate all of those worthless strippers. The next day, she and her sister show up at my hotel room, needing help. Nobody would cash my out of state check and she could not deposit it into her joint checking account with her soon to be ex husband. We hit 3 of those check cashing places that are as bad as ATM's. No go. Then it dawned on me. Cash advance on my VISA card. It had a zero balance. We went to the nearest bank and had no trouble getting the cash. The next day, when I returned home, I went online and transfered the $1,000 from my checking account to my VISA account. Cost to me for the transaction? Zero. Remember this the next time you are considering an ATM.
  • imnumnutz
    16 years ago
    s-cat, i do not doubt for a moment your cash advance story. But just as your milage may vary with strippers, your costs will most certainly vary with cash advaces, no matter how quickly you pay them off. Many, if not not most cards nowadays, charge a cahs advance transaction fee (I'm reviewing the terms and conditions of one card right now, and the transaction fee is 3%, or $30 on a $1000 cash advance. The bank you visit, if not the bank that issued the card, may charge an additional fee. Many folks today also carry a balance on their card from payment cycle to payment cycle and if you do, interest on any cash advance will accrue immediately. No one does, but everyone should carefully read their credit card agreement to find out about fees you may face in different situations. And pay off your balance in full whenever you can!
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Love the story about the check ... :) ... I miss the good ol' days ... :) ...
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Once, in Key West, I was in the LD area getting dances. I knew I only had enough for a couple, but they kept getting better. Not wishing to break the mood, I just figured I'd use the ATM afterward. When we finished, I told her I had to get more cash. "No problem", she says. Yes, problem, I found out. The ATM was not working. Now I go to tell her, and she had gone back into the LD area. Now what, interrupt her dancing? I think not, so I just walk out and go look for an ATM. Look, two gas stations! One has to have an ATM. Well, both do, but neither is working. Now I get in the car and drive to find an ATM. Turns out later that the only ATM working in Key West that evening was the one at the bank I use, way across town. Well, as "way across town" as one can be in Key West. I get the cash and drive back. I enter and don't see her, but she soon exits the LD area. I go to get her before someone does. I told her what had happened, and she said she figured I had just stiffed her. Well, when I gave her the cash, she took me back into the LD area and I did "stiff" her a bit, without charge, she was so surprised that I came back. I didn't know her, but I was a regular in Teasers when I was in Key West, and many knew me.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Imunmutz: I don't doubt you However I was dealing with my credit union. They are so liberal that I can actually credit my checking account without putting my money in there. I have no need to but it is nice to know that it is there if I need it.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Clubber, I think we've had this discussion before, but for a long time Teasers was my favorite club. I used to vacation in KW every year and had some truly memorable times there. One year I especially remember - I met a girl there who would easily have become my ATF if I hadn't had to leave, wow she was special. Haven't been to the new Teasers on Duval but my guess is that it's become too touristy.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    FONDL, Yes, we've mentioned we've both been to Teasers. I had a favorite there. She was 39 and still looked hot! Spent many an dance with her over the years. Last fall, I went on a Poker Run to Key West and did visit the one on Duval. Not even close to the old, IMHO. I didn't spend long there, as I spent most of my time in my favorite old haunt, the Green Parrot.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Has anyone actually received an actual check? I thought everything that everyone had received so far was mainly from direct deposit. I guess if you say you have cash and claim it was from a stimulus check, they won't care.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    My first ATF took a check. I didn't write it for very much and I can't remember why I even wrote it. Actually I don't even remember if it was her or some other dancer I knew. My biggest concern was not writing the check but giving her something with my name, address, etc. on it. That was ages ago though. I wouldn't do that now unless I trusted someone. The dancer probably believed me when I said I haven't ever written a check that bounced. Besides I think the dollar amount was small something like 20 or 30 dollars. I just didn't stop by an ATM machine. I can't remember any details.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    CG: I didn't qualify. I guess that is a good thing.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Clubber, I have very bad memories of the Green Parrot. It's the only time I've ever had a really big fight with my ATF. We'd been to dinner first and both had way too much to drink. We then went to the Green Parrot and were shooting pool when two young guys kinda horned in thinking she was available, so I hustled her out of there. Later she got really pissed and we had a big blowup and didn't speak to each other for several months after that. The interesting thing is that I was in the habit of seeing her every Tuesday night at a club where she worked as a waitress, and I stopped going. Each Tuesday I asked myself if I should go and the internal answer was always "no, it's too soon, I'm not ready." Then one Tuesday the answer changed and I decided to go. She called me that day and asked me to come in to see her. There are no coincidences in this world, there's a bond between us, she and I are on the same wavelength. Strange but true.
  • Golfer3166
    16 years ago
    I have never tried a check. I once was in a club having a great time and had reached the limit I had brought to spend. They didn't have an ATM machine and I made a joke that I would go back to the VIP room again but all I had was a check (I always carry one spare check in my wallet). The dancer immediately said that the club would give you an advance on your credit card. It seems that they charge your card, as they would for drinks, etc. and deduct 10% for a convenience fee. I declined but I have seen a number of people do this in the past at several clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion