tuscl

This Song Sucks

IWantHerOnMe
I'd live this way again
Saturday, April 6, 2024 8:44 AM
I notice most of the people on this board don’t like the music in clubs. I chatted up an old guy at a club recently who’s in his late 70s and doesn’t even like hard rock much less hip hop. He said when he first started going to clubs there would be live music sometimes. I’m officially at the age where I don’t recognize any of the new artists played in strip clubs and in UHM clubs there’s almost no way around the songs being hyper new at least in my area. Do you hate the music in clubs now? If so when in your SC career did you start to hate it.

20 comments

• Jascoi
    4 months ago
    I don't hate the music, it might just not be my style. I would imagine that it's DJ 's choice first and then maybe dancer choice. sometimes I'll put up with things I don't like just to see and encounter a pretty girl.
  • captainfun
    4 months ago
    I go to a lot of different clubs all over the place. Upcoming travel will have me mongering in a different city nearly every week over the next six weeks. I don’t generally pay too much attention to the music since often times buzzed off whatever I’m drinking and scoping out or hanging with girls. Three outliers. 1. Clubs that live off girls feeding a juke box is lame given the silence between adding new songs. 2. the DJ at Chicago Club (in Tijuana of all places) plays some of the best tunes I’ve heard in any club. A surprisingly good blend of popular music from the 90s through current at a sound level which matches the size and vibe of the crowd. 3. black hood clubs that sometimes play their music deafeningly loud. So much so that even with high quality speakers there is some distortion. Everyone who works at those types of clubs must end up with long term hearing damage.
  • Hank Moody
    4 months ago
    I’m a kid of the rock and heavy metal age of the 80’s and 90’s but I also like pop, reggae, ska, rap and and hip hop. I’ve also learned to appreciate reggaeton. Pretty much anything by except country. I enjoy the songs in clubs and frequently Shazam songs to add to my playlists playlists. As a monger, it’s good to have a command of songs that clubs play because it adds a topic to talk to dancers about. Dancers place way more emphasis on the songs than mongers do. Just ask a dancer what songs she likes to dance to, what songs she hates to dance to, whether the dj gives her good songs, what songs trigger her, etc. and you have a fun conversation that eliminates the usual age difference between dancer and customer. As long as you don’t feel like you need to “be right” or tell them that their music is stupid it’s a good way to connect before you go grope a girl one third your age.
  • groundball
    4 months ago
    At the club I go to most often, the dancers pick their songs so it is a very very eclectic mix. One of the best dancers picks 80's pop songs (think INXS) and it's a crowd pleaser for sure
  • Context22
    4 months ago
    I could care less, some of it’s good some of its bad. I have one extra dancer that actually matches the tempo of her BJs to music playing.
  • shadowcat
    4 months ago
    If I was the DJ and played what I like they would probably tar and feather me and ban me for life. At least I can listen to what I like OTC.
  • IWantHerOnMe
    4 months ago
    @Context22 I also know a dancer who does this
  • Harderlap
    4 months ago
    Everything I know about popular songs in the last 40 years or so I learned at strip clubs.
  • motorhead
    4 months ago
    “As a monger, it’s good to have a command of songs that clubs play because it adds a topic to talk to dancers about.“ Oh, I still can do that. The conversation usually begins with “I love AC/DC. My grandpa used to listen to all that stuff”.
  • azdd
    4 months ago
    I’m a classic rock and blues guy, but I do like some of the newer music. I just wish clubs played more variety. They get a hot new R&B song and it gets played over and over, like every hour or so. I use the Shazam app on my phone to identify song/artists that I hear in clubs and actually like, and will sometimes use those songs for OTC soundtracks.
  • stripperlover777
    4 months ago
    🎶 🎶 🎶 I Like Old School Music
  • DandyDan
    4 months ago
    I don't see the point of hating songs, fot the most part. It might be the wrong style or a musician you don't know, but if they have talent, who cares? Hearing the same thing over and over again, that gets tiring more than anything
  • georgmicrodong
    4 months ago
    There's music?
  • ancientlurker
    4 months ago
    What I hate is that discordant dub stuff that seems to be designed to give people headaches and blow out speakers. I merely dislike most of what gets played in clubs, but if it gets the girl to move, fine. Every single place plays the music too loud. It would be appropriate for a concert, but not when I'm trying to talk/negotiate with a dancer. My mongering began somewhat late in life, so all the music I like had already been made before then.
  • twentyfive
    4 months ago
    Some of the music I like some I don’t, what I dislike most is the pulsating high volume music that makes conversation difficult.
  • RonJax2
    4 months ago
    High volume music at the club is a mixed bag for me. It does add energy to the club and make the stage performances better. It also makes conversation a challenge. Personally, I like learning about new music. My last trip to TJ, I made a point about asking about the reggaeton artists they were playing in the Miami Room of HK. Over the weekend, I built up a playlist of hits by popular reggaeton artists, which I would then use during arribas, and the chicas fucking loved it. New music is also a good topic for discussion in the club with dancers. Who is this artist? Do you like them? What are they about? I think the best situation is when the DJ plays a mix of older pop and rock (that patrons like me know and love) and also newer stuff that the dancers like. Landing Strip in Detroit does a good job with this, so does the main room at Hong Kong. And I agree with @captainfun, probably one of my fav DJs at any strip club is the guy at Chicago Club, they just keep blasting the classic rock there!
  • Huntsman
    4 months ago
    I’m past the age where I am the target audience of club music. Still, I don’t mind newer stuff. It’s not what I’d pick but I occasionally learn of a new song I like. And most importantly, if it works for the dancers to be on their game, I’m good.
  • WiseToo
    4 months ago
    The DJ can play whatever he or the dancers want. I don't have any preference, but just play a long song and don't cut it short when I'm getting a lap dance.
  • IWantHerOnMe
    4 months ago
    @WiseToo I’m pretty much in agreement with this
  • HoneyDewMelons
    3 months ago
    The last three clubs I worked at one was Jack's in Philadelphia Charlie Pros and the other dangerous curves turned into Club risque at Jack's we had a jukebox and there was no silence in between sets for the girls you went up and played your songs during the second song of the three song Set by the time that girl got down you were on your way to the stage and honestly everybody kept pretty in Step I'd like to say cuz generally you made most of your money doing stage work and then you would come off the stage and they would hand you money across the bar to stick it between your boobies The only thing I hated about it is that they didn't change the music for months and months and months so we had to listen to the same songs for like three or four or five months and I'm pretty sure it didn't really cost the owner hardly anything to let the vendor change out the music I mean he came and all the time to collect his money and we didn't pay for the Jukebox that was on the bar's dime so to speak,, And I worked there for about 5 years so that's a lot of listening to the same songs for a good amount of time songs that I love the lot and just rather not hear them anymore Working at Charlie Pro's which was around the corner from Jack's Google bar which is now called Brianna's Charlie's is actually the last bar that I retired from I was there for like 3 or 4 years they also played for a jukebox at the bar paid for then they got the bright idea that they could do like the big boy bars gentlemen clubs that they could have and not pay the girls to work there and Jack started with the pay too before we used to get a small supplemental pay to just show up that way it ensures that girls are always there and then they both sort of went to you get paid every other time you work then it went you got paid on your third time more of this at Jack's then of course some girls just wouldn't even show up so like me and my girlfriend we only live two or three blocks so we were always getting called so we didn't care if we were getting paid or not cuz they actually went down to nobody should work there more than two shifts per week well that didn't turn out so good for them because me and her were always getting call to go in Then Charlie went right to not paying anything thinking that they had one little cubicle with a chair in it with a curtain around it that that would be a good way for the girls to make money which was $20 and I think you had to give 10 of it to the bar well of course most of the guys didn't really go for that and I'm kind of thinking most of the girls didn't really like it either especially that they were getting paid to even go there so what eventually happened is even though every girl had a schedule to go there the girls previously scheduled or postly scheduled would just stay excessively longer get dressed hang out with a few customers that were there and the customers would just you know slipping money and inside their blouses or down their pants or whatever and so when it was time for the girls to come off stage there were no customers to go to or the customers would already be tapped out from the other girls who stayed past their shift or came in earlier to try to grab as much money as they could and as far as I can remember once all that started happening they didn't stay into business too long and of course neither did Jack's And then I worked at Club risque so kind of around the same time I wound up retiring from like all three of them like in succession but I think Jax was first and then risque and then Charlie's by the time only going down maybe twice a week there already had secured a regular part time job I liked it much better when it was dangerous curves so most of my time was when it was dangerous curves and just a couple months when it was Club risque but they had their own DJ so we could pick around music so I kind of like that but being the oldest dancer there that I know of they didn't really have any sixties and seventies music that I could really rock out to that they did have a DJ for a short time that I would tell him some of the music and he would actually get it and play it for me when I was there and a lot of the guys were really surprised hearing stuff and seeing a dance are actually dance to stuff from the '60s and '70s
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion