tuscl

Illinois Strip Club Paid Mayor to Run Prostitution for Years, U.S. Says

9 comments

• sweetjamesjones
    10 months ago
    Arnies idle hour is the club in the article.
  • captainfun
    10 months ago
    Arnie’s was a good time. The occasional shooting at this club didn’t help their case before eventually closing either.

This former mayor and his helpers are fucked. Serves them right for extorting for all those years. $3-$6k a month is a lot of dough for what was a pretty small club that had a decent customer base but not always generating consistently good monthly revenue.
  • gammanu95
    10 months ago
    I learned about Arnie's when I was still living in Chicago. I always wanted to check it out, but I was also dating a girl who lived in Harvey (driving by is how I found it). I did not want her or a friend of hers to incidentally see me going in or out. She had a pretty clear idea of what went on in there, and her head game was too strong to risk losing it over some strange.
  • shadowcat
    10 months ago
    Every time a club gets busted and or shut down, some body makes the comment that the club didn't pay off the cops. This is the first actual case that I have heard of.
  • Dolfan
    10 months ago
    ^ Yup. I've always assumed it wasn't always or even usually the cops but rather other government officials with the ability to influence police or DA activities.

Probably coulda been much hottter or at least happier chicks in there if they could have somehow let that 6k/mo flow into the pockets of the girls instead.
  • Hank Moody
    10 months ago
    In a regulated industry, compliance is a cost of doing business. Bribery is one alternative way to do it.
  • ATACdawg
    10 months ago
    So, who else was in on it? I can't believe that the cops were clueless enough not to know but were prevented, either through intimidation by the mayor or being paid off themselves, either by the club or the mayor.

Undoubtedly more to come!🫤
  • FLAP3000
    10 months ago
    This was a great club in its heyday. They should have been satisfied with the 3 racks a month. Greed eventually takes many people down.

Dancers used to complain to me all the time about astronomical tip out fees. Arnie and Chicago the manager would sometimes tax those girls like $300 - $400 PER NIGHT just to work!
  • bang69
    10 months ago
    If PP in Greenville,SC payed off the city, & county, They mite still be open.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion