tuscl

Dominion Lawsuit Against Fox News

wld4tatas
New Jersey
Thursday, March 9, 2023 4:38 AM
The revelations coming out from this lawsuit are pure gold. As we now know, the theme is at Fox News, their big stars and senior executives were privately discrediting the rigged election claims, while publicly, Fox News was promoting these bogus claims. But the statements from Tucker Carlson about Trump take the cake.... "That’s for sure. All of them fail. What he’s good at is destroying things. He’s the undisputed world champion of that." "We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait." "I hate him passionately." "Trump has two weeks left. Once he’s out, he becomes incalculably less powerful, even in the minds of his supporters." "He’s a demonic force, a destroyer. But he’s not going to destroy us. I’ve been thinking about this every day for four years." I'm using up my popcorn budget fast as this story keeps developing. [view link]

92 comments

• shailynn
    a year ago
    Stormy Daniel’s ‘bout to get paid.
  • mike710
    a year ago
    That bad orange man has been a normal citizen for a few years now but still occupies the mind of the left.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    Inflation, recession, war, crime, but at least we don’t have Trump saying mean things.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    Fox news in general is not in the Trump camp. Trump has noticed this himself. Anyone who has been paying attention already knows this and shouldn't be surprised if Tucker Carlson has a negative view of Trump. While I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and would vote for him again as being better than the Democrat alternative, he was an ineffective president. The national debt increased by eight trillion dollars while he was in office. He supported the low interest rate policy of the Fed that has now led to high inflation. He didn't start any new wars, which is good, but didn't reduce the amount of money going to the military-industrial complex. He pandered to blacks with his Platinum Plan that would have funneled more money to them. He went along with the Covid lockdowns. He bragged about speeding up development of a Covid vaccine that turned out to be ineffective in stopping the disease and caused negative side effects. He is now a little too old to be president. We are seeing right now what happens when you elect someone too old and senile.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    So now it’s news if talking heads don’t actually believe what they read on the air? That was proven when a few Fox people left for CNN
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    Thank God Trump is gone. I would rather have a doddering old thug lying sack of shit like Biden doing everything possible for foreign garbage, fucked up wierdos and deviants. Illegals costing every taxpayer a couple of grand out of pocket; mutilating young children and calling it gender affirming care; interest rates going higher and higher and higher, while inflation remains strong; foreign leaders laughing at us; bankrupting the military to pay Ukraine to fight Russia when the real enemy is the sick fucking commie assholes in China; North Korea threatening us with nukes. So much better than a great stock market, low interest rates, low inflation, illegals running scared, North Korea cowed and Russia invading no one under Trump. Here;s hopin every progressive gets hit by a car today.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    I would be more surprised if CNN and MSNBC did not believe the lies and vitriol they spew on an hourly basis. What leftists like wld4cock are too stupid to consider is that this only involves three Fox News opinion personalities - not the hard news side of Fox. Brett Baier, Maria Bartiromo, and others were not part of this. The hypocrisy of the left to revel in this while ignoring the ongoing lies and distortions across the rest of the media landscape is grossly appalling. @docsavage - it is not accurate to describe Trump as ineffective. Russia and China were contained. He destroyed ISIS, defeated the Taliban, and killed the Iranian terror head. He created a job market which benefited all Americans. His border policies and immigration enforcement were the best we have had in years. He was America first but not America only. He told our "allies" who have been freeloading off us for generations to start paying their fair share. He did not feed the military-industrial complex - he was against bloated overrun feed troughs like the F-35 and wanted to invest in improving proven weapons platforms like advanced F-18 and F-15. Yeah, Space Force was a bad call, but not as bad as Obama killing the F-22 while China and Russia roll out their fifth-gen aircraft. His failures were mostly created by the swamp - RINOs, establishment Republicans, and democrat hacks. Paul Ryan forcing through the Omnibus bill. McCain destroying the effort to fix our healthcare systems. Pelosi, Schumer and their ilk wasting billions of dollars on defamatory investigations based on claims their knew to be false. Leftist AGs, boosters, and PACs funding endless rioting and refusing to prosecute. The killing blow was when China exported COVID while their allies in the DNC and media covered for their lab leak. Where is the accountability on that, wld4cock?
  • TheSingularity
    a year ago
    The information coming out makes our side look like the grifters the left says we all are. I long for the days of fair and balanced news on both sides. Obviously you're not getting that on MSNBC but this proves you don't get it on Fox or it's further right alternatives either. We need to hold ourselves to a better standard than this.
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    "I'm using up my popcorn budget fast as this story keeps developing. " so glad you'll be very happy with a many hours to watch cnn, msnbc and the view. you won't even need to bother going to the refrigerator to get the butter. all of that jerking off onto the popcorn might be even more enjoyable than a ldk or hell even a mind blowing blowjob. "Where is the accountability on that, wld4cock?" with him and his ilk there is none. just totally disregard and continue on by doubling down on their drivel. that's all they can do. doing otherwise would not be adhering to whatever narratives that side wants, and frankly would be admitting to have committed a plethora of very, very serious crimes. based on his run from 2016-20 yeah trump did a good job for the country as a whole, and is the least of all evils that are present to lead the way going forward. but for me there are 2 major red flags. one is accepting a million bucks to promote that shot. the other involves his uncle and an incident that happened 21 years ago. if elected again trump if he chooses to can rectify that, and by doing so not only would he be making our nation awesome again but the whole entire world as well. key word is IF.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    Seems like "Trump Derangement Syndrome" has become "Fox News Derangement Syndrome."
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Big deal. Ted Kennedy drove off a fucking bridge and left a woman to drown. Instead of trying to save her, he went looking for family members to help HIM protect his reputation. He gets zero punishment, goes on to a flourishing career as a US Senator, and is buried in Arlington among our nation's greatest heroes. But yeah, let's fucking crucify a few news show people for comments they made in private.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    There is no such thing as the truth any more in American politics
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    It’s not only Tucker. The Dominion evidence also showed Fox took a lot of backlash for being the first network to call AZ for Biden. Apparently Fox had developed some proprietary tool to predict election outcomes and stopped using the same service the other media companies used. And they got it right, but it made people angry and it hurt their ratings. A week later when the same tool predicted Biden would win Nevada or GA or whichever state it was that clinched the presidency, they held onto the prediction for hours until other companies called it. In a business where scoops by minutes are king. Oh, and then they fired the two guys who ran their election desk. For getting it right. Fox has also prohibited their news desk from covering the Dominion case. One of their anchors went on air to say that. That’s helpful.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Other news outlets ignore stories harmful to them or their narratives all the time. Liberals only notice when Fox does it (one time).
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    The thread topic is literally the Dominion lawsuit v. Fox.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ I think it’s just a matter of which foot the shoe is on.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    That's a false argument, Jimmy, and does not detract from the truth of what I wrote.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    Tons of deflection, as expected. MSNBC... Biden... Ted Kennedy (really?).... inflation... you guys forgot Hunter's laptop too. I can understand though, this is a rough story for the right. Gammanu I realize this is a small number of individuals at Fox News, but it's these guys that get most of the attention and are the most influential. I like Brett Baier, I've rarely seen him engage in spin. Maria Bartiromo, nope not any more. She used to be better, but she's promoted some of the bullshit on Fox, including the bogus election fraud story. I'm sure there are other good journalists at Fox, but it's the slick fraudsters and hucksters on the opinion side that get the ratings. I'll respond to your China question when you spell my name correctly and ask nicely. With the lies and deception from Fox News and Trump exposed further, a few big questions are: How many die-hard Fox News viewers are going to question more the network's credibility? How many die-hard Trumpers are going to question more Trump's credibility? How many die-hard Trumpers are going to stop watching Tucker Carlson?
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    The real take away from this is these liars have no shame.
  • jackslash
    a year ago
    Even Fox knew Trump was a lying piece of shit.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Bill Barr wrote an opinion piece in the WSJ today asserting that despite all the chum they’ve thrown in water for the MSM, that Dominion’s case is weak and likely that they lose against Fox. I mostly agree with him. The point to remember here is that the 1A to the constitution gives the media strong strong protections to report the news. In addition, the burden to win a defamation, libel or slander case when you are a public figure or company like Dominion is also much higher than if you were a private person. But, when and if Dominion loses its suit, it doesn’t matter. I don’t think the MAGAs will ever be convinced, but the evidence fits another piece into the puzzle that the election deniers can’t accept. The Big Lie was indeed a lie. This is what has been confirmed since Jan 6: - There is no evidence of any voter fraud - There is no evidence that the election machines were hacked - Sidney Powell’s “source” for the Dominion machine hack “evidence” was according to her, a time traveler - The lawyer who came up with the legal theory that Pence could reject the state vote certifications has admitted it was a deficient theory - President Pee Pee Tape was involved with the fake elector scheme - Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham are ACTORS not newspeople - All of the Jan 6 stuff with Pence and the republicans who voted to not certify the election were trying to prevent the transfer of power Eric and Tiffany’s father lied to you. Like I said, I don’t expect the MAGAs to agree but they were conned. I hope when the primaries roll around the Republicans will give me a real law and order option. Someone who has morals and sticks to his principles. I’ll vote for that option. If moderate republicans are outvoted in the primaries again, my vote will continue to go elsewhere.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    "Like I said, I don’t expect the MAGAs to agree but they were conned. I hope when the primaries roll around the Republicans will give me a real law and order option. Someone who has morals and sticks to his principles. I’ll vote for that option. If moderate republicans are outvoted in the primaries again, my vote will continue to go elsewhere." Okay, Jimmy, let's have some fun. A real law and order option? Like a governor who cans DAs who refuse to enforce the law? How about a governor who deports illegals out of his state to states that want them? Maybe a corporation uses their enormous power and influence to punish legislators who pass laws they dislike, and then that governor removes their special privileges for having abused them? How about a governor who refuses to intervene to prevent the indictment or deportation of a former mentor by a rival state? I know you know where this was going from the first three words. He sticks to his morals and principles. He obeys the rules of a debate, even when his opponent does not. He has picked his mountain to die on for school choice, parental rights, implementation of medicinal marijuana, no lockdowns, freedom from masks, and racial equality over racial equity. Many of those positions are unpopular, the attacks are constant and unyielding, but he too never waivers, never yields, and rarely fails. He is a right of center Republican, and many, many MAGA Republicans hate him for defying Trump. He fits the option you asked for, but I doubt you would vote for him. I think your idea of a "moderate Republican" is democrat-lite RINO like Liz Cheney, Romney 2.0, or McCain.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    I’m trying to like Meatball Ron. I really am. I’m struggling with the anti choice, anti gay stuff. I hate the “own the libs” stunts he pulls but I could look past that if I had to. I’m keeping my mind open to see how the debates and balance of the campaigns go.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Oh, and he walked it back a week later, but the “Ukraine and Russia are in a territorial dispute” was a dumb statement.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Don't believe the media lies. There was no "Don't say gay" bill. That was a complete leftist fabrication. The truth: House Bill (HB) 1557, Parental Rights in Education, which reinforces parents’ fundamental rights to make decisions regarding the upbringing of their children. The bill prohibits classroom instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten through 3rd grade and prohibits instruction that is not age appropriate for students and requires school districts to adopt procedures for notifying parents if there is a change in services from the school regarding a child’s mental, emotional or physical health or well-being. Opposing life altering surgery and medications to students is also not anti-gay, it's common sense. I believe it should not even be allowed with parental consent, but for the child to determine when he or she comes of age (18 or older). DeSantis is not anti-gay. His approach is more supportive of human rights and decency than anything the left wants to do. To say that Ukraine and Russia are in a territorial dispute is a literally accurate statement, but it would also have been true of Nazi Germany's expansion through Europe. He was questioning the amount of resources the US should commit, and that is a valid line of questioning.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    Sometimes people try too hard. Something is off about DeSantis. If you didn't know who he was and saw footage of him talking about the weather he projects a totally different vibe than his political messaging. But that's not so different than a lot of politicians. There's a senator who projects "trailer trash" and late night hookup, and yet gets taken seriously when she speaks because she won an election. And she's not even cute (nevermind hot) without makeup. What a world!
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ the something that’s off about DeSantis, is narcissism same as most politicians They all actually enjoy the sound of their own voices. The better politician’s don’t talk so fucking much.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    The MAGAs were indeed conned. At this point it's remarkable that many still refuse to acknowledge it. Fox News clearly struggled with how to avoid alienating their viewers. In another revealing quote, a producer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson said in a text: “Like negotiating with terrorists, but especially dumb ones. Cousin fucking types, not saudi [sic] royalty.”
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    It's the "offness" that originally put me off about DeSantis. I didn't like his Trump mini-me act, although I had to give him credit for embracing it with that tongue-in-cheek commercial. Given that the alternative was Gillum, I very enthusiastically voted Against Gillum. DeSantis has been great and done great, and while I find the constant diet of red meat a little much, I very enthusiastically voted for him last year. I have mixed feelings for 2024. As much as I would like him to stay as governor for four years, I don't want him to become cold product waiting for 2028 or 2032. I say that becUse I would really like to see Nikki Haley become the first female and first American with Asian heritage to be elected President of the United States.
  • Dave_Anderson
    a year ago
    I will be polite here, but let's just say the fact you tyrants can't even tolerate ONE milquetoast moderately conservative opposing perspective in mainstream media, as well as continuing to censor, ban, harass, and engage in systematic lawfare against all opposing voices in alternative media shows not just your utter disregard for even minimal democratic and American principles and the right of others to have, express, and hear opposing perspectives, but further that you are afraid you would lose in a fair and level playing field of public discourse with multiple outlets expressing all different perspectives. Thats why your obsession even with milquetoast Fox and desire to ban even that one mild opposition voice has always been so mindblowing to me. You have 95% of the rest of the media. You should welcome at least a few opposing voices.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    ^ Stop liking your own posts. You'll go blind.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    Rupert Murdoch as a businessman is probably pissed at the situation with Trump and putting his Fox News business at some risk with this lawsuit. His tabloid NY Post just published an editorial with a scathing rejection of Trump. Trump won’t change, and that shows he can’t win [view link] "Time and time again, Trump’s responses have been unhinged, indicative, and self-defeating. And don’t buy for a second when he says he’s “fighting for you.” If you actually “rose up” and were arrested, Trump would abandon you, just as he has every ally who wasn’t useful to him anymore. What did he do for those locked up for months over Jan. 6? What cash did he hand over for the candidates he endorsed in the recent midterm elections he torpedoed for Republicans?" ... it goes on and on....
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Fox just agreed to settle the lawsuit for $787.5 million. Too bad. The testimony would’ve been entertaining. Maybe they also agreed to change their name to Fox Entertainment.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ the settlement was more entertaining than the trial would have been Dominion gets paid 10 times what the company is actually worth the owners cash out and put them up as a public company (go public) And this ensures that the Fox News hosts named as witnesses don’t ever get hired by any legitimate news organization if any still exist.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    Well, now we know what Fox will pay to keep its dirty laundry in the hamper. Because most of the legal analysis that I read leaned towards Dominion not winning this lawsuit based on the legal burden of proving libel / defamation at this level.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    I guess crime DOES pay after all.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    ^ These things are all risk benefit calculations. You never know what's going to happen when you place a case in front of a jury. Dominion gets their cash, Fox avoids the embarrassment and distraction of a drawn out trial.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Fox avoids the risk of losing, bigly. They’ve already admitted they had no evidence of any wrongdoing and perpetuated the lie anyway, so that will have to be enough. Dominion now has a $700 million war chest to pay their lawyers in the cases against Rudy, the kraken and the pillow guy. Those idiots are fucked.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    Good outcome. Justice was served, and Americans and the world have some additional reassurance that there are limits to how far you can take a big lie to subvert an election in this country. This all leads back to Trump and adds to the growing pile of collateral damage to those around him. Murdoch just lost $787 million because of Trump. All that's needed now is for Trump to be held accountable.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    I just hope it's NARROWLY interpreted. Fox News is generally pretty good about the anchors and reporters sticking to the facts (more or less as much as the rest of MSM). It's the commentators who often spout pure bullshit. But they are not unique in selling bullshit. I could see a Biden-appointed judge using this as a precedent in a suit against a commentator who promoted the lab leak theory of the origin of COVID.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    There is nothing to interpret or use as precedent. It’s a settlement, not a judge’s opinion. This is not law.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    I really don't get the animosity toward Fox News and its primetime hosts. These are opinion shows. Since when in this country is stating an opinion punishable by a fine of 3/4 of a billion dollars? I understand they lean right in their tone about as much as CNN leans left, but when you see video of the undeniably stupid things some politicians say, or the thoughtful and sensible things a guest points out, I don't know how someone denies their own eyes and ears, or becomes angry at having to think about something. No one's forcing you to agree. Case in point: Tucker Carlson is arguably the most hated Fox News personality (by the left). He interviewed Elon Musk on a variety of topics from the economy/banking, to space exploration, to AI, to his takeover of Twitter. Musk stated in no uncertain terms that after he bought Twitter, a shocking thing he discovered was that multiple government agencies had FULL ACCESS to every DM sent between Twitter users. He also discussed the origins of AI and his (former) friendship with Larry Page, co-founder of Google. His opinion is that Page has a reckless disregard for AI safety as he strives to become a "digital god" via a non-transparent "closed" AI platform. When Musk suggested that policies should be implemented to protect the future of humanity, Page labeled him a "speciest". Personally, I find these two examples fucked up at best, and at worst utterly terrifying. Of course you're free to put value in what Musk has said, or you can believe he's full of shit. It's your choice. But why would someone despise Carlson for presenting information? I suspect it's because it forces one to THINK and draw conclusions, which is a disappearing skill in today's world, especially on the left. It's no wonder AI is on track to expand into something we can't control. Most people prefer to let someone else do the thinking and then just tell them what to do.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    ^ In numerous instances involving Dobbs, Pirro, Hannity, Carlson, Bartiromo, and the entire cast of "Fox and Friends", they presented their information as facts, not opinion. And they conducted interviews where they allowed their guests to present "facts" without anything resembling scrutiny, challenge, or due diligence. Combine that with all the subpoenaed texts, emails, communications, etc., where they admit to working towards a political agenda and knowing that their broadcasts were putting out misinformation, and that's why they're not well regarded by anyone except those who enjoy their agenda. And before anyone says "But MSNBC...", I agree that the left leaning media is likely as bad as the right. I wouldn't mind if all of the major media (print, online, and broadcast) had to undergo some uncomfortable scrutiny every so often.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    It wasn’t a 3/4 billion dollar FINE. It was a settlement. Fox voluntarily and willfully offered and agreed to pay 3/4 of a billion dollars, the largest defamation settlement in history because they knowingly perpetrated LIES and FAKE NEWS. Fox News’ official statement admits the claims about Dominion were false. This was not a case of an Obama judge or a rigged jury. Fox fucked up. Carlson’s texts were directly opposite to what he was saying on air. He is an actor. Murdoch testified he wished Fox would’ve handled it differently. What more do you need to come out of your bubble?
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    ^^ @CMI - Right, but who provides that uncomfortable scrutiny? In other words, who should be the arbiter of what is fact and what is fiction? The government? Haha... Ultimately the viewer has to absorb as much information as possible and decide what to believe and to what extent. @Jimmy - Fine or settlement... just semantics. You think they "wanted" to pay it? Call it what you wish but it's a forced payment for speaking their mind. I still think Biden was elected only because of a lot of shady shit. Call it shady, call it cheating, stealing, manipulation. I don't give a fuck. America was duped and now we've got a circus monkey for President.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    misterorange said "Right, but who provides that uncomfortable scrutiny? In other words, who should be the arbiter of what is fact and what is fiction? The government?" I never said that the government should do it. And I don't have a solution, but based on what came out of that subpoenaed material I still believe that it should happen. "Haha... Ultimately the viewer has to absorb as much information as possible and decide what to believe and to what extent." Sure, but currently a person can absorb gigantic amounts of information from multiple sources without getting outside of their confirmation bias and comfort zone. Which is like playing "Call of Duty" and then telling yourself that you're a Tier 1 operator. "Fine or settlement... just semantics." It's really not. It's Fox News seeing the blowback they got from the fraction of information that was released to the public and not wanting their on-air hosts sitting on the stand and reading out loud their own texts about how they were knowingly lying. That's not "speaking your mind."
  • TheeOSU
    a year ago
    'Call it shady, call it cheating, stealing, manipulation. I don't give a fuck. America was duped and now we've got a circus monkey for President.' Correct!
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    The amount of money that will be paid is the most significant statement that could be made. This is the largest libel settlement ever made, whatever Fox says or how they spin it means less than nothing. BTW the judge approved this settlement is the loudest denunciation who ever doesn’t believe that the Fox Organization did anything wrong is in total and complete denial.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    It’s not semantics. Fines are appealable if they are improper. Yes, they wanted to pay it. Settlements are voluntary. From the news accounts, it was clearly the Fox legal team pushing to settle on the opening day of trial. Fox obviously and necessarily was being advised by their lawyers that their defense was DOA and that settling for 3/4 of a billion dollars was preferable to having all of their dirty laundry aired and then losing on top of it.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    "Yes, they wanted to pay it." That's like if I tell you, Jimmy hold out your arm and I'm gonna break it, or else you can try running but if I catch you I'll break both your legs AND your arm. And I've got all my goons hiding behind trees so you'll never get away. It's your choice. I guess if you choose the broken arm, that means you WANT me to break your arm.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    No. It’s not like that at all. Fox defamed Dominion. They perpetrated lies on air and retold them while knowing the whole time they were false. Fox was the bad actor here. Nobody else. Nobody was threatening them and forcing to air their bullshit. They did it to keep viewers and keep their stock price up, at least that’s what Tucker said. When faced with the liability for their bad acts, they chose to settle at a number Fox proposed. Fox CHOSE to lie to their audience. Facing the music for your own willful acts is not the same as being threatened. Not the same ballpark. Not the same fucking sport.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    Correct that it's not a legal precedent, but may be in a broader sense. Remember past assertions of supposed proven facts from government officials, like it could not have been a lab leak, that could not have really been Hunter's laptop. When even commentary is easily subjected to "fact" checking via lawsuit, it's a problem for freedom of information. Litigation is expensive, so the government and others with money have a big advantage in pressing their interests in court. I don't dispute that Fox is an organization controlled by sleazebags. That was obvious from common sense a long, long time ago. But you can't have a free, democratic society if the public can't reject the assertions of sleazebags using common sense. Not going to fix that with more government control of speech. I wonder if Dominion's claim of actual damages was based on counties switching back to paper ballots. When paper ballots are obviously just better, with or without Trump or Fox News. They increase the trustworthiness of audits of vote counts.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    any idiot who thinks that the settlement is an admission of guilt or statement of wrong-doing is just showcasing his own ignorance. Settlements are made all the time to avoid trials which may cost more in legal fees than the settlement, or because the defendant just wants to get it over with to focus on the more important things than litigation. The importance of the Dominion settlement is NOTHING compared to the larger issued of Biden family corruption, the MS corruption (Biden laptop, COVID lab leak, weaponization of the FBI and IRS) and so much more. The lying, corrupt, MSM wants to focus on this because FNC continues to kick their ass in ratings and to avoid reporting on the real issues that are destroying our nation.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Fox News “journalist” Howard Kurtz reported the settlement at 630p last night. He didn’t give the dollar number because he said it “had been stated by Dominion lawyers but he hadn’t been able to confirm it” two hours after it was reported everywhere else. So he has no sources at Fox News? We’re supposed to take Fox News seriously?
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    @OP remember that this is the crowd that were arguing that the 2020 election was stolen and some dude with a blog was just about to prove it all. Now they’ve dropped that and are arguing that fox settling is literally anything other than “fox they knew they were lying in 2020 and thought they’d lose bigly in court in 2023”. Including such gems as “truth is all relative” and “but msnbc did it fist”.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    Hahahaha fist! I meant first. Lol
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Anyone want to speculate why Fox News fired Tucker? I’ll give you 787 million guesses.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    My guess is 787 million 500 thousand reasons LOL
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    At least Carlson got to do one more completely theatrical, ingenuine interview with Donald Trump before being shown to the door. But, you know, I suspect he'll be fine.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    And moments ago: Faggot dick-sucking Don Lemon SHIT-CANNED by CNN. "I am stunned," Lemon wrote. "After 17 years at CNN I would have thought someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly." At least Tucker can find another job if he wants. What kind of company would hire Lemon, a gay misogynist crybaby?
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    And … queue the butwhatabouts. Some of my favorite people are dick suckers.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    ^^ Mine too, if they're female.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^^^They wanted to get rid of Lemon since before they dumped Cuomo, they figured as long as Fox was dumping a turd, the noise would shut up the giant sucking sound of Lemon on his way out the door.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    I'm fine with both Don Lemon and Tucker Carlson losing their jobs.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    I hate the “but they do it too” argument, but imo the pair them are amoral ratings parasites trading on hate, and each cares exactly zero about what comes out of their mouths. Maybe they can do a new crossfire reboot together.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Sadly, Tucker torpedoed his own credibility by being one of the most stringent proponents of the Dominion vote-changing theories. Don Lemon was simply an untalented, misogynostic, bitter asshole. Neither was a serious newsman. I wish Tucker the best, though.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    Carlson will land on his feet somewhere. Lemon I'm not so sure.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    Carlson will end up like Bill O’Reilly mostly irrelevant and whoever Fox puts up will become the new golden boy of the right
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Lemon will land with a dick up his ass.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    ^LOL
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    More proof that twentyfive is a RINO, and remains a hypocrit liberal dirtbag in real life!
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ more proof that founder hasn't finished taking out the trash LULZ
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Carlson's show on Fox Nation, Tucker Carlson Today, was fucking great. Like him or not, the guests he had on that show were fascinating, and not necessarily right wingers. I never knew anything at all about Robert Kennedy Jr until Tucker interviewed him. Now he's running against Biden and I hope he wins. The guy at least has a functioning brain and basic common sense. I wouldn't vote for him in the general, but if the Dems were to win I'd certainly rather have him than Slow Joe.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Yes, you're a piece of trash RINO. How many times did you say you were going to see youraelf out? "LULZ" (FUCKING IDIOT)
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    Lemonhead Don is gonna cry to his boyfriend tonight and have some gay buttsex to make him feel better. Shoulda gone trans instead of gay Donny Lemonade!
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    Wow, Tetradon, the self-appointed TUSCL moderator, is allowing discussion of Don Lemon in this thread which is about the Dominion Lawsuit Against Fox News. LOL
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    ^ Aww, someone's a little salty about the blue cities thread.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    It made my day when I checked my cell at lunch and saw the news on Tucker Carlson. Yeah, he did have some interesting shows at times, when I could stomach watching for more than a few minutes. He was also a skilled, slick peddler of right wing spin and conspiracies, one of the best. He profited by deceiving and dividing Americans. In the end, Carlson became the latest casualty of Donald Trump. His private texts about Trump, which I posted when I originated this thread, are rather fitting: "I hate him passionately." "He’s a demonic force, a destroyer. But he’s not going to destroy us. I’ve been thinking about this every day for four years."
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    I used to think this dude Tucker looked stupid as hell with the bowtie. But he really became a TV legend at least as per ratings. I don't agree with everything Tucker says, but I like that you don't know what this guy is gonna think. Like Jon Stewart, like Bill Maher. I like people like that, that can go off script, free thinkers. That puts him above 99% of the talking heads on that a lone where you already know what your gonna hear. And don't get thrown by corporate media labeling somebody a "nazi" or "white supremacist" if you dig deep it's really somebody who just called out the MSM's bullshit.
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    As for Don Lemon, the best I can say is that man ages well. He is in late 50's, wouldn't have believed that.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    “In the end, Carlson became the latest casualty…” Predictions are that Tucker will build a podcast empire similar to what Joe Rogan did….and he will make Joe Rogan level money. That’s about 10 times what he made at Fox.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    I don’t watch Tucker Carlson but I have watched a little of lemon. It’s appropriate he was from fired over a sexist remark. EVERYTHING he says is about racism and race baiting so it’s fitting there are -isms in the world that he apparently ignores
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Carlson was made the fall guy and public face of the Dominion Lawsuit, even though Maria Bartiromo was more accommodating to the people who pushed the story. This is likely because his private texts and messages were more disparaging of Fox News leadership and allies. His dismissal may even have been party of s backroom deal with Dominion that was not a public part of the settlement. Some speculate than he can land at Newsmax and OAN and help build their viewership. Others believe he can be a very successful Podcaster. It will be interesting to see what he chooses. Conversely , Don LeMon is going to be lucky to get a job reviewing filching straws and hamster breeds in a queer lifestyle website.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    Fox has gone full anti-Trump, pro-Elitist. Tucker tried to get the word out about Jan 6 and Fox management silenced him. Tucker had a week of videos to reveal FBI involvement but he was only allowed to show one day’s worth. I think Fox management wanted Tucker gone, in spite of the piles of cash he brought to Fox. Go woke, go broke.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    "Tucker had a week of videos to reveal FBI involvement but he was only allowed to show one day’s worth." I haven't been following this story, but it sounds like this person can now freely promote whatever theories he'd like now as a free agent.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    Given the $787 Million loss by Fox News, the new buzz phrase is "Go far right, go broke."
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Not sure the actual facts from Ad Week support your liberal biased posting Fox pretty much stomped all CNN and MSNBC COMBINED March 2023 cable news network ratings (Nielsen live plus same day data) PRIMETIME Fox News MSNBC CNN • Total Viewers: 2,094,000 1,135,000 473,000
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    ^ motorhead, my post was partly in jest to those (scroll above) who are still repeating that dumb phrase "Go woke, go broke" after Fox News just lost $787 Million.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    You know who is really upset about Tucker Carlson's firing - Russian state media. They often aired his clips supporting their anti-America propaganda. Now, the Russia media personalities are outraged, praising him and offering him a job. That tells you all you need to know about this POS. [view link]
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    Fox stock dropped 5% on the news. A lot more than Russia is upset. He's already in demand at a lot of places. He will land on his feet, and the left's Tucker Derangement Syndrome will continue to grow.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    The biggest POS in this thread is the OP. Don Lemon is a distant 2nd.
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    I sort of echo the same sentiment from Dave Smith on Joe Rogan here on Tucker. [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion