tuscl

Open Discussion - Problem TUSCLers

There really are only a few true problem users at this point unless a certain self-thread bumping user we're not going to name finds their way back here. But I think you all know who I'm talking about because their spam is so prolific now. The nice thing about the other one was they seemed content to spam on their own threads that could be easily hidden.

The one that just changed their username is continually disrupting all discussion threads and has dropped all pretense of being a productive member of the forum by going all out troll. While founder doesn't seem inclined to ever implement any form of moderation, this person whoever they are is clearly only interested in being a continuing problem. With stripperweb gone maybe this site could pick up a few more dancers if the boards weren't overrun with bullshit posts...mostly leading back to one troll account.

Any thoughts on ways to discourage them? I have one I'll share later. Trolling them back is not working, though I do find humor in LapDancelot's dedication in documenting their conflicting statements week after week. Going to founder about the problem is an option, but people have done that already. Would it make a difference if a dozen more people wrote? Maybe more? Ideas?

27 comments

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Put some pressure on founder to actually do the right thing, and insist on a few simple rules of the road that should apply to everyone
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    If you use the old site, tvventyfive’s avatar is the icee one.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    You guys really haven't figured it out yet? After all these years? 😆
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    What is there to figure out icee is going to take this site down with founders help
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Since this site's infancy, the playbook has always been the same. There is always one mega troll account and a few minor supporting troll accounts. Even the playbook for retiring a mega troll account is the same. There is a huge manufactured dramatic blowup, founder "bans" the account and then a new troll account is waiting for the handoff of the torch. Rinse, repeat

I've only been around long enough to see the handoffs from DavidS to Dougster and now to Icee and maybe I'm missing one in between, but it's the same shit. Now the most recent troll incarnations have taken on a decidedly more effeminate tonal quality and often come with less clever material, but it's all just the same ol' gag.

Too funny. :)
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Look at you all conversing in the VIP room with no trolls. Ain't it nice?

Stop feeding the trolls, use VIP. Verified dancers can access VIP as well.

I can actually do something about people that disrupt VIP. The front room is where they belong.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Ignore it. Either using the ignore feature or just simply don't engage on those particular threads/posts you consider to be problematic. That will NEVER fucking happen, some of you can't help it. Others openly admit to enjoying it. There's a rich history on the internet of that not happening, but that's the only fucking solution that works. If you feed the trolls they will stick around. This thread is feeding, it's not its preferred diet, but it's food. This will be my only post in this thread. Bottom line, you keep feeding em, including threads like this, they ain't fucking going no where.

Drowning it out with legitimate talk about strip clubs will reduce the impact, but it'll probably never go away.

If you start moderating the whole thing falls apart.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Yup agree with above gotta stop feeding the trolls. It’s hook line sinker every. single. time. Could we at least try using ignore, give it a shot it’s a wonderful thing. That way there’s not even an inkling of wanting to cast troll bait.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    I agree with muddy, dolfan, founder, etc. if you really can’t stand the person, ignore them. Even use the ignore button if just you can’t help yourself. When I find myself getting angry at what some fool on the internet said, I know that I let him get to me, and that makes me the problem.

My pet peeve is doxxers. I think they should be expunged and the ground sewn with salt, and regular hunting parties should track their new accounts down lest they take hold again. But unfortunately that’s just me.

Everybody else, it’s just bla bla bla on a (pretty damn good) internet tittybar site.

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    All anyone ever had to do about dougster/icee was to get me their address or even a cell number. They'd be gone in less than 48 hours. Other than that put em on ignore.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Seems like there's always a consensus to ignore the trolls, then 2-3 of y'all take his bait hook, line, and sinker. He wants a reaction, and you guys feed him like a stray fucking cat.

The ones that bother me are the ones who clog the board with irrelevant shit (SJG), parody accounts that think they're funny when they're really not (too many to list), or bump necro threads.

Personally I could give two shits about the new site, that doesn't add any good functionality as far as I can tell.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Maybe Founder can spell it out for us- does your comment mean that you have banned trolls from accessing the VIP room?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ yet you feed the trolls regular and engage with the worst one
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Yes, I should stop engaging with you, but not before you've learned your lesson. My purpose is to free you from your denial.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Fwiw I think icey is near the end of his run here. Sjg provided him with endless baiting opportunities, now he's gone and that dropped the icey post volume overall. Then a couple of members who he fought with a lot stopped engaging with for the most part, and his posts went down even further. Meanwhile he's got more ignores than sjg, no small feat, driving down the reactions again. Last week he started a bunch of low value simple question based posts, the kind I call "coke vs pepsi"....everyone has an opinion but it's a dumb subject and of little value to members. It does drive up the responses for a brief while though.

Today, he's invented a new persona purely to attack one member. I see this as him upping his trolling intensity in response to the declining reactions. He's running out of air and it's because folks aren't fighting with him.

• crosscheck
    2 years ago
    Use the ignore button. That's what it's there for. Responding to trolls is like giving oxygen to a fire.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Regarding the VIP option, I think if we all started posting here exclusively, an asshole who's as committed to trolling as IceeDouchebag would probably pay the 6 bucks or whatever just to track us down and start disrupting the VIP room. Plus there are some good contributors here that have sporadic VIP access, and then would be excluded.

Tetra has a good point above... a consensus to ignore the trolls always fails. So I'll just throw this out as food for thought. There's ignoring, meaning "I just won't respond to that asshole" and then there's ignoring as in using the mute button. The former is where most of us (myself included) fall short and are tempted to engage in some vitriolic response to him. And the problem with the mute button is that it causes gaps in threads, when others are still interacting with him. Especially with a jerkoff like Icee who spreads his garbage into almost every conversation.

So my suggestion is this: We all agree to a specific date where all members who despise this little cocksucker press the mute button at the same time. Let's say we keep him muted for three days, no matter what. And then we all unmute the fuck - just to see what happens and how he reacts to silence from all his usual tormentors. Then the next time we do it for a week.

Sure, in the end it will probably fall apart as it always does, but it would be fun so see his reaction. And who knows, if it works and it really pisses him off, going forward we could have an automatic week on / week off schedule, just to fuck with him!
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Icee’s latest trolling is probably the funniest thing Jess put out there. If you can’t see the humor in it, then you’re the problem and not him. Icee has given lots to this forum, mostly as a punching bag. If you can’t knock him down, go find a Good Housekeeping magazine to read.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    thread is feeding, it's not its preferred diet, but it's food."

Unless that person has an account that can read in VIP (or earns it somehow just to read this) they won't be posting on this. If you look at the parody thread they posted in the front room, the only people who responded are the people who don't seem to know any better (including an aspiring dancer).

I posted this thread being one of the few board regulars that doesn't get routinely trolled, so it was just a matter of putting something out there for discussion. Thanks to everyone for weighing in, founder in particular.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "So my suggestion is this: We all agree to a specific date where all members who despise this little cocksucker press the mute button at the same time. Let's say we keep him muted for three days, no matter what." - misterorange

Why not? How would you coordinate this type of thing?
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Well, we'd have to pick a date with enough time for a little preparation, mainly reaching out by DM to non-vip's with a message explaining the plan, ask them to join in, and pssst... pass it on to others, just not to any known trolls. Come to think of it, we could mute that other jerkoff with all the fucking historical quotes too. Do both at once so they're just talking to each other and nobody else responds. Lol
  • wld4tatas
    2 years ago
    >Would it make a difference if a dozen more people wrote? Maybe more?

Yes if someone were to collect and then post a list of say 50 names of established reviewers who all agree the troll in question should be banned, I would hope Founder would acknowledge it. Wallanon makes a good point about the site potentially attracting more dancers, so putting the troll on ignore is still not an ideal solution.

You got my vote.
  • Mike Rotch
    2 years ago
    How about a feature where if you have been ignored enough times (let's say by 20 members) you are automatically locked out of all the forums. And it stays that way until they un-ignore you.

I gotta admit though, some of these trolls are kinda hilarious. I saw one guy pretending to be a truck and another guy who thinks he's a lion. Not sure if it's the same person.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    I think it bears mentioning that without icey to beat up on, argue about, and plot against, we don’t have nearly as much to talk about. It sucks, but it’s kind of true.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    For what it's worth, it looks like founder put Icee in a corner. At least for now.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    ^I was wondering about that. He seems to have dropped off the site entirely? Or is he posting in some place I don’t see?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Either way good riddance to bad rubbish !
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion