tuscl

CFP / College Football Play-offs

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Friday, December 2, 2022 7:29 PM
I know there are several of you out there that are college football fans. Tomorrow is Championship Saturday. All the conferences have their conference championship game. Then after those games, there is a committee that decides on which 4 schools get to go into the college football playoffs. Only 4. In the past, the committee has gotten fairly lucky in that it has been fairly obvious who the best 4 teams were each year. No real surprise upsets in the championship games. Maybe one school each year thought they got snubbed, but so far, not too many disagreements as to who gets in. But this year, there is the potential to have massive chaos if the current ranked teams lose Saturday. What happens if LSU beats Georgia ? Does LSU get in ? Same thing with K-State over TCU or Purdue over Michigan or Utah over USC ? The little devil in me wants LSU, K-State, Purdue, Utah and Clemson to all win. Then who will the committee put into the play-offs ? You could have 8 or 9 teams with a legitimate argument to get in !

41 comments

• whodey
    2 years ago
    No way the committee puts K-State, Utah or LSU in with 3 losses let alone Purdue with 4 losses. At this point I'd consider Georgia, Michigan and TCU locks for the playoffs even if they lose unless something happens like getting blown out 50-0 and losing several key players to injury. At worst those teams will finish 12-1 which is a better record than any other ranked teams. The only decision the committee will have is if USC loses to Utah tonight there will be some debate between a 2 loss USC vs a 1 loss Ohio State. If the Buckeyes had played a better game against Michigan last week and lost a close battle I would've said they would have gotten the spot over a 2 loss USC but with the way that game went I'd say it is a 50/50 coin flip between USC/OSU if USC looses unless they are completely dominated. I really don't see the committee considering any 2 loss team that didn't make their conference championship game.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    I get it. This argument happens every year and I see the point. I mostly just ignore it though. Yes, the system is imperfect however I don’t think I’ve ever come away thinking “the best team in the country missed the playoff.” Whoever wins the championship won the 4 team tournament that included the best team or top 3 in the country. And that’s ok. It’s really just a gripe by whoever ends up no. 5. Good news is it’ll be a 12 team playoff in a couple of years. Of course, no. 13 will still bitch like no. 69 does in March Madness. Answer? Win another game or two.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Clemson might also get some consideration if they win big and USC loses badly but I doubt it since the committee has only considered them as the 4th best of the two loss teams so far.
  • ww
    2 years ago
    GA, Michigan and TCU are locks win OR lose. They are all undefeated and losing the champ game gives them that first loss, which will not be enough to not get a playoff spot. Of the 3, really only TCU may get a tough test. LSU will not hang with GA and Michigan can be Purdue with their 2nd string unit. USC will play tonight and may be tested again with Utah, the only team to beat them this season. Should they lose, it opens a spot for Ohio State. Nobody else is in the running, which includes Alabama.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “GA, Michigan and TCU are locks win OR lose” That’s why this weekend almost seems anti-climactic. I guess there could be some chaos though
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    USC's defensive struggles in the 4th quarter certainly opened the door for the Buckeyes to have a shot at the CFB playoffs.
  • bman66
    2 years ago
    Well, now that USC lost to Utah, ohio state looks like they have a good shot at getting in as no.4 in playoffs. I don't really agree with that if it happens. It diminishes what Michigan did by destroying them last Saturday. We will see GA. now destroy ohio state in playoffs if they get in.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    The problem I have with two B1G teams getting in is this. Who have they played ? The Big 10 plays 9 in conference games and only 3 out of conference games. And they all load up on MAC, MWC and Sun Belt teams for those OOC Yeah, Ohio St says it beat Notre Dame. Well that isn't that big of a deal this year. Both Alabama and Tennessee have played much tougher schedules than any B1G school. And I think Georgia, LSA, Bama and Tennessee could be ANY Big 10 school. Heck, why would Ohio St get in over Clemson if they win today ? I don't think it's gonna happen. But I really want LSU to win today. Then does the committee put Ohio St in over the SEC Champion ? C'mon Chaos !
  • Thick-5-Incher
    2 years ago
    Georgia, Michigan, and TCU have their spots locked up regardless of whether they win or lose this weekend. The only debate is the #4 spot between Ohio State and Alabama and I think Ohio State gets it because on paper, a 1-loss team is still better than a 2-loss team regardless of margin of victory or whatever bullshit stuff happens in college rankings. Yes, the Fuckeyes did get spanked in their own house by Michigan, but it was their only hiccup of the year and they deserve a playoff spot. Plus, it will be hellaciously sweet to see them get beat AGAIN by Michigan in the playoffs!
  • booty_lover92
    2 years ago
    USC loss last night and K-State is currently beating TCU. Don’t be surprised if Alabama somehow sneaks into the CFP. Would depend on how bad TCU loses I guess.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Warrior who did Georgia, LSU, Alabama and Tennessee play out of conference? None of the major programs really play more than one legitimate out of conference opponent so the non-conference schedule doesn't mean much unless you lose one of them. Georgia - Oregon, Samford and Kent St. At least Oregon is a valid opponent but none of the rest but they also only played 1 ranked team in their conference schedule. LSU - Florida St, Southern, New Mexico and UAB aren't exactly strong opponents and only FSU ever is out of them. Alabama - Utah St, Texas, LA Monroe and Austin Peay aren't exactly strong opponents and only Texas ever is out of them. Tennessee- Pitt, Ball St, Akron and Tenn-Martin. Pitt was at least ranked at the time but doesn't look any better than OSU beating Notre Dame in the end. In the end it comes down to did you win the games you played or not. OSU won every game by double digit points except for losing to the team that is #2 in the country right now. Bama had an impressive season but still lost to two top 10 ranked teams and needed a last minute fg to beat unranked Texas. Tennessee lost to Georgia which is understandable but also got blown out by unranked at the time South Carolina. LSU was blown out by Tennessee and lost to two unranked teams in Florida St and Texas A&M. If any two loss team would have an argument over Ohio State it would be Clemson if they win their conference today. Then they would be 11-2 with a conference title compared to OSU's 11-1 and no title.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I know it's probably going to the QB from USC. But Max Duggan, the QB for TCU better get some consideration for the Heisman. What an effort in their game with K-State. It's going to overtime now. Totally because of his effort.
  • deepthinker
    2 years ago
    It's looking more like chaos with USC and TCU losing. I guess TCU stays in??
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Well, the chaos is stopping with Georgia. 35-7 at half-time vs LSU. UGa was gonna get in anyway.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    35-10, Sorry.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    @whodey: Jeez, man, you can't even bring yourself to say "Michigan" instead of "the team now ranked #2 in the country"? Man, that's about eight layers of bitter!😂
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    ATACdawg I said "Michigan" as one of the teams that I considered a lock for the playoff winbor lose tosay in an earlier comment here. That being said as an OSU alum yes I am still 8 layers of bitter over last week. No, I can't say their name in regards to them thoroughly beating our asses last week. All I can say is I hope we beat Georgia and you beat TCU so we can get our revenge in the National championship game.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Well, the chaos started out with both USC and TCU losing the early games. But both Purdue and LSU were simply over-matched. Clemson did win, but it's not enough to get them into the conversation. So the only thing the championship games did was knock USC out. Yes, THEE OSU is going to be happy. At least until the CFP games begin. Georgia will stay #1, Michigan #2. TCU lost in OT by 3 to a team they had beaten earlier in the year. Actually, I think TCU won the game as the replay people missed a TCU touchdown in their OT drive. But they will stay at #3. Then the Buckeyes will slide into #4. They are not the fourth best team. But the way the committee does it's evaluations, they will win the arguments. Bama, Clemson, K-State, Utah, Tulane and USC will play in NY6 bowls. Early predictions. If Georgia put 50 on LSU, they will easily score on Ohio St. That game will be a romp. TCU will then beat Michigan, but this will be a close game. Then Kirby Smart will win his 2nd national championship.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    It's official. Georgia vs Ohio St and then Michigan vs TCU. Surprisingly, not that big of an opening spread on the UGA-OSU game. We'll see if those spreads change. Alabama fans are not happy. But who cares.
  • bman66
    2 years ago
    TCU will not beat Michigan, sorry not happening.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Most interesting game might be Orange Bowl with Clemson v Tennessee
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    Glad to see y'all still discussing the finer points of college football. I was in Atlanta when Kirby started the Death March on LSU, we threw the ball 5 times in the second half, preffering to March the ball down their throat Killing the clock and the LSU team at the same time. When we played Tennessee the same Death March was held but only 4 second half passes. I'm unsure as to the outcome of the Peach Bowl, Ohio State has a really good team. Off last years natty team we lost 15 to the draft, 13 others (graduates or transfer portal), we took none from the portal. We average 38 points a game and give up less than 15, meaning our avg margin of victory is more than 3 touchdowns. We are not a bad team. The media makes it out like we should not bother showing up though, very similar to the Tennessee game. Vegas had us beating UT but all College Gameday took UT. I hope we get the same results at the Peach Bowl.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Daddillac, Make sure you tell us what girls you are taking to the games.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    A very diplomatic post Daddillac but the truth of the matter is I don't see us getting past your guys. The bucks have been a subpar team the last couple years. This year they played a majority of the season without their top receiver and now he'll be sitting out to prepare for the NFL draft. Top 2 running backs have been injured, defense better than last year but still below standards. Day is a good coach but not as motivating as Meyer and Tressel before him plus not as good at recruiting so the talent level is down. After they lost their last game I was of the opinion that they didn't deserve to be in the playoff and even though I'm glad they are I still think they are in over their heads. I hope they prove me wrong but right now I think your guys are tops and will repeat as champs.
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    As for the girls... I took a short brown haired 29 year old with a solid ass and some man made titties to the SEC championship. That game was over about 8 so we had dinner then dessert at her place afterward. I have thought about taking her again to the Peach Bowl but that game starts at 8 on New Years Eve. I'm not excited about being in Downtown Atlanta on the streets at midnight, maybe being 53 is catching up with me. I've got a room at the Peachtree Plaza so maybe the 29 year old. Option 2.... a 24 year old blonde all natural, taller with a very nice rack Option 3.... a 36 year old hot as balls MILF. All natural busty and long brown hair I'm sitting in my friends suite. He has it for the Falcons games and got it for the Peach Bowl (Sat there for SEC championship too). So I'm thinking either the same girl as SEC championship, which was very nice Or the MILF who is closer to my age although still 17 years younger than me. As for the Game... I believe in the Dawgs and I believe when we are playing correctly we may be able to wun the NFC South lol (Jalen Carter picking up LSU QB was amazing). That said OSU has 80% of their players 4 or 5 star compared to UGA at 77% so we are both talented teams. We lost a lot last year and that makes us younger (less experienced). I'm not sure we have seen the best OSU has to offer so that scares me a little. I hope we win and I think we will.
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    This was written in July... interesting read and probably accurate info [view link]
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    The bowl games that count are finally here today. Fiesta Bowl this afternoon, then the Peach Bowl tonight. I'm still saying TCU and Georgia will end up in the Finals.
  • Daddillac
    a year ago
    I'll be on the 40 at the Peach Bowl tonight. I believe it will be UGA and Michigan in the final. I just don't think TCU can continue to pull games out of their ass. I love their team and will be rooting for them but I just don't think they can. I really hope we can get past OSU. I went ahead and got a suite at the Peachtree Plaza so I would not have to drive on amateur night. I've got great seats for the game and a hot 35 year old MILF with me... she is still sleeping this morning. Dinner last night at Bones then giving her the Bone may have her a little tired LOL Go Dawgs
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    I’ve heard without uGR there no sugar in the bowl
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    Fuckn spell check -UGA
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    I wish I would have said TCU and Georgia would win. Oh wait ........... Yes, the officials help TCU a little. And Ohio St did a lot better job agains UGA than I thought they would. On the 9th, Kirby Smart will get his 2nd Natty.
  • JamesSD
    a year ago
    As someone who doesn't really watch college football, are the defenses always this bad? Terrible tackling, awful pass coverage, plays that would not work in the NFL leading to touchdowns.
  • Warrior15
    a year ago
    ^ LOL . When watching college sports, you have to realize that these are 18-21 year old kids. So they do make mistakes. But most games are not normally that high scoring.
  • JamesSD
    a year ago
    ^ I can see where there are QBs that destroy college defenses and crash and burn hard in the Pros.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    @warrior ‘When watching college sports, you have to realize that these are 18-21 year old kids.’ Georgia’s qb turned 25 in October. He’s 9 months younger than the Ravens QB Lamar Jackson. I’m not correcting your point and I agree you need to watch CFB with a different lens than the pros. Just think it’s interesting what ‘old’ and ‘kids’ looks like depending on the player.
  • Daddillac
    a year ago
    I just about had a heart attack during that game. It feels good to win although that is the worst defense we have played all year. Some credit goes to OSU offense but we played awful. If we play like that next week we will lose. I don't think Kirby will let them do that though. I had the naturally busty brunette MILF with me. She made sure I was relaxed before the game and then after celebrating the new year and the victory in the streets of Atlanta we made our way back to our suite for a night cap. Brunch today then I dropped her off, a fantastic football companion. I may take her to LA with me for the Natty. Happy New Year
  • Daddillac
    a year ago
    Well I am headed out Friday, taking the same MILF I took to the Peach Bowl as she was good luck. I've got my plans but let me know if there is somewhere I should not miss. I'm bringing my own talent so I probably won't be clubbing. @TheeOSU... it was a good game, y'all brought a lot more than I thought you would, respect Go Dawgs
  • ww
    a year ago
    ^^^ Don't sleep on TCU. The little school that could always seems to get themselves ready for the largest stages.
  • Daddillac
    a year ago
    Whewww, I'm glad WW warned me not to sleep on the Horned Frogs. Back in Atlanta and planning next year. I'm betting that UGA is in the Sugar Bowl in one playoff semi-final, after winning we will head to Houston for the Three-peat. College Football is the Dawgs world we just let everyone else play in it. Go Fucking Dawgs BTW... this pregame speech from Kirby makes me want to run through a brick wall [view link]
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Splain to me how many TCU who gets blow out by like a billion points moves “up” in the rankings
  • Daddillac
    a year ago
    I'm sure somebody could come up with a reason but I don't know what it is. I agree with TCU making the playoffs, their body of work during the regular season justified it. The win against Michigan put them in the final. Georgia put together one of their best games of the season and I am unsure if anyone could have kept up with them that night. TCU is built to score quick and when they don't score it gives the other team more opportunities. Then they just could not defend the run, the short pass and the deep pass, all of which UGA had working that night. AS for their ranking it is just difficult with all the top teams beating each other. Are you gonna put TCU below Michigan who they just beat... How about OSU above Michigan after Michigan blew them out, How about two loss Bama, and Tennessee
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion