tuscl

Most boring State in the U.S. ?

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 4:01 PM
What is the most boring State in the U.S. and why ; some people I have met say Maine, some say Utah. What say you?

37 comments

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Maine is quite active in the summer months, winter is another story, Utah has a quite active ski season, and 5 quite busy national parks, with Zion being the most popular I believe. so I don't know about that.
    My nomination for most boring state would probably be one of those midwestern places but even those places have their fans.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I've never been to any of those midwestern states, but based on what I've heard I have to agree with twentyfive. As far as places I've actually been to, I'd say Delaware. You can drive the whole state from top to bottom in about 90 minutes, and there ain't shit going on there. Rehoboth Beach has nice ocean views and good restaurants, but it's full of queers, so much that I've heard it referred to as Rehomo Beach.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    To live in or to visit? I think that those are two separate topics.

There are plenty of places that are boring to visit. Kansas and parts of Virginia definitely comes to mind for me. The strip clubs leave a lot to be desired and there is little else to do except to do for excitement on slow weekday nights.'

But as far as living someplace, where there are other human beings, there is fun to be found. Heck when I was last single and living in the woods of CT literally next to a state park, I had a different piece of ass on tap almost every weekend. It's amazing how much of a panty remover that the right combo of apple martinis, homemade food and good music could be. There were also a few local watering holes with interesting casts of characters and lots of poker to be played. I'm obviously older now and frankly have little time to spare, but if things were different I'm sure that I could find plenty of trouble if I needed to pretty much anywhere.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    North Dakota, everyone says
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago

Most boring

1. Virginia
    2. New Jersey
    3. CT
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you may be in Utah".
  • chiefwiggum
    2 years ago
    1. Nebraska
    2. North Dakota
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I've never been, but I've heard that Arkansas is mostly unremarkable.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    I’d say Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Vermont

But that’s not based on anything objective. Just states that I’ve heard the least about, whether positive or negative
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I guess it depends what your looking for. And lol MO I didn’t know that about Rehoboth beach, all I know is a I love those vinegar fries from thrashers.

Stuff to do maybe one of the Great Plains states where there just isn’t these big populations or even a trademark kind of city in it. Scenery wise when I drive through the southern states it’s just all the woods, there’s just not a whole to look at, same kind of tree tunnel view for hundreds of miles outside of patches of Appalachia. The western states while not as populated, but there is a ton to look at, all those mountains out there with the Rockies and Cascades. I don’t know if I could put a coastal state on there I’m a big beach guy.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Utah has some of the best skiing hiking and mountain biking in the world. Portland Maine has all of the good of Portland Oregon and without the bad. Hundreds of miles of coastline. Great skiing hiking fishing and golf and a redneck strip club.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Delaware's a shithole, just plain boring would be a big upgrade. You could say many derogatory things about The Block in Baltimore, but I don't think boring would be one of them. I went sledding once in Vermont, it was fun. They've got lots of French Canadians, never boring to anticipate what drunken shit they're about to do. I'd pay at least $20 to see nicespice give Bernie Sanders a lap dance. I suspect she'd have to slap his mouth away from her nipples.

Never spent significant time in a state that was particularly boring. Tennessee and Alabama sound pretty boring, but just from what people say.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Boring is a matter perspective. Utah is boring if you looking for bars and strip clubs. If you like to ski or snowboard, it's one of the best places in the US. One person's boring is another's paradise.

I was just in Utah working so I looked at it like Shadowcat's quote. When I've been there to ski and stayed in Park City, I enjoyed myself.
  • goldeneagles9
    2 years ago
    I will chime in with Delaware. I often visit Philly and Baltimore. It just seems like dead space between the two. Even the area around the University of Delaware was boring. You would expect more with school in session. Has anyone ever seen a blue hen?
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Indiana is pretty boring. I live in Indianapolis, which used to be referred to as "India-no-place". Someone once described Indianapolis as "a racetrack surrounded by a corn field". In spite of that, I've always liked living here in Indiana. The cost of living is fairly low, and the people are down to earth and unpretentious. I can just relax and be myself here.
  • Lockjaw
    2 years ago
    Nevada. Outside of Las Vegas and Reno, it is a very desolate, boring place.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I was thinking of North Dakota possibly.

Also, Iowa seems a bit boring. I know it gets interesting every 4 years when they have their caucuses.

I have been to Utah and the natural landscape is beautiful. There are great ski mountains too. Even with the Mormons trying to keep it unfun - it’s got some good times.

Also, I thought about Idaho. But I found some great parties when I was in Sun Valley. Beautiful mountains and great skiing.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Those shithole states are likely not boring. Nothing gets the blood pumping quite like a drive through a filthy city hearing gun shots!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    The tough thing about labeling anyplace "boring" is that it really depends on how a person likes to entertain themselves.

I know guys who hunt and fish, etc., and they go to Idaho regularly and love it. But if those same guys were looking for a hopping night life... maybe not Idaho.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    Iowa. The most exciting activity is staying up at night to listen to the corn grow.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    "if you're bored, then you're boring"

Harvey Danger 1997

Oh shit, I've caught the CJKent disease.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    nice would probably have a better chance of getting Ted Cruz to cream on her eyelids.
  • MaxMaxima
    2 years ago
    North Dakota
    Kansas
    Oklahoma
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    According to my brother you can be happy anywhere and find a lot to do. He's right because his life seems no better in Palm Beach than it did in Cleveland or even Kansas.
  • JamesSD
    2 years ago
    When I drove through Utah the natural beauty was stunning. And SLC is a fairly cool little city. It's where all the interesting ex Mormon kids go.

I would say Nebraska is the most boring state.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The most boring state..... driving through eastern Colorado or Nebraska. Or that stretch of I 70 through Utah.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The part of I 70 where it's all just flat land.
  • WiseToo
    2 years ago
    I once took a cross country trip using Amtrak. The train left Iowa en route to Utah. Looking out the window I remember seeing snow fences and not much else. I thought how boring, anxious to get to Utah. Then it happened. The train had to make an emergency stop in the middle of nowhere and I could see an ambulance and a passenger covered over in a blanket being slowly carried to the ambulance. I learned the passenger had died. No doubt the passenger must have died of boredom.
  • captainfun
    2 years ago
    I’d second North Dakota and Nebraska as someone else opined. I’ve been nearly everywhere and can generally find the good or beauty in most places however there is a shortage of both in those states. I’m referring to the cool things to do, natural landscape or beauty primarily, not the people because the list of worst states by people would be very different.

Agree that Utah is beautiful and lots to do but the Mormons make it weird - not their fault necessarily; they were born into that life.
  • captainfun
    2 years ago
    If Chicago fell into Lake Michigan then Illinois wouldn’t be considered much a gem either.
  • captainfun
    2 years ago
    Addendum to NE and SD are Alabama and Mississippi. How could I forget. These are objectively the worst states in the US. Lowest income, unhealthiest people, most obese, worst economic conditions and poor access to quality health care (relative to most of the US, still better than Canada and most of the world).
  • Dave_Anderson
    2 years ago
    Every place is boring now. The world sucks today and its getting worse.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Stop liking your own posts. You'll go blind.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    shit man. IF he don’t like it maybe nobody will.
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    When I visit often people living there will tell me there is nothing to do. These are my top 5:

Kansas
    Iowa
    Oklahoma
    Delaware
    Mississippi
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    I will add I have never been to Nebraska or the Dakota's which other people have mentioned. They could be equally as boring.
  • ancientlurker
    2 years ago
    I haven't been to most of those places, and I couldn't rank an entire state, but as for places I've been - Columbus, Ohio was utterly dead.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion