tuscl

Football is still the most entertaining sport

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Who watched the game last night, the Rams don't seem to have all the parts they need, Buffalo looks great, Josh Allen and Von Miller put on a clinic showing what a great team looks like, Stafford played his heart out but he didn't have the horses he needed, OBJ not being available allowed the Bills defenses to go man to man on coverage, letting Buffalo's defense just smother the Rams. Season's going to be interesting.
As always I'll be rooting for my giants, but they look like they need a lot of improvement.
Green Bay , Dallas and Tampa Bay , and Kansas City, look like the league elite along with Buffalo.
lets have some fun guys,
Are y'all ready for some football

49 comments

• Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I agree on the most entertaining part. Football is the closest sport to actual War. You have a line of defense, a line of offense. You have trenches. You have ground attacks. You have aerial attacks. You have a capital / goal line you have to defend.

The Bills did look damn good last night. Adding Von Miller to that defense is creating a monster.
  • booty_lover92
    2 years ago
    Yea the Bills definitely might have made themselves unbeatable by adding Von Miller who at 33 is one of the best pass rushers in the league. On top of that Josh Allen is a stud and they have two phenomenal receivers in Davis and Diggs. Glad Football is back maybe I’ll spend less time in Club lol.
  • booty_lover92
    2 years ago
    But yes there is no sport as entertaining as Football, amongst all the PC and BLM messages they push it’s still highly watched.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^

booty lover, they've calmed down a little but the NFL is still woke PC.

My thoughts is the AFC is loaded with good teams that will end up beating each other up and right now the Bills look like the cream on top but injuries have a way of destroying high hopes and there is always a surprise team or two that out performs expectations.

I think back to the year the Browns drafted Mayfield, my choice back then would have been Allen but except for Joe Thomas years ago and more recently Myles Garrett the Browns have never drafted my choice.
    I wasn't high on Mayfield but he somewhat showed that he has abilities and deserved at least one more year before they dumped him. I think they should never have traded so much and binded themselves to an excessive contract for Watson but they don't know or hear me so the damage is done.
    They've made so many terrible choices since they came back as an expansion team, it boggles my mind and current owner haslam is as big a meddler as dan snyder ever was, maybe bigger.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Personally, I think nothing can compete with college basketball but that’s another topic.

I ran across a YouTube video the other day that shows the opening of the “The NFL Today” with Brent Musberger, Irv Cross and Phyllis George. Around 1975. You should try and find it. What’s interesting is all the clips they used to promote the show - clothesline tackles, QB body slams, spearing a wide receiver are all illegal today
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I'm a sports fan, problem with college sports is the teams change so quickly as star players graduate, the college system is more of a super star game, pro football certainly has its stars, no question, but it still takes a total team effort, to win, unlike college where a few smart recruits changes a teams abilities
    overnight, be it basketball, or football, or most any team sport.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    I agree with how good the game was, but I'm not sure that the loss of OBJ is a prime culprit. It's not like he was a regular season powerhouse last year anyway and the Rams had other decent weapons on the field.

The biggest problem was the Rams O-Line. Stafford got sacked 7 fucking times with just a 4 man rush. The constant pressure on Stafford with just 4 guys allowed the Bills to use suffocating zone defenses all night. Now as we all know, the risk of using zone defenses is that receivers can eventually adjust their routes and find places to get open in if they have enough time, but the O-Line couldn't protect Stafford long enough for those plays to develop.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ If there had been another quality receiver with game changing ability I honestly doubt that the four man rush would have been as effective as it was, look Von is definitely a game changer but the fact that single coverages were sufficient to shut down the long game, to my way of thinking, is proof to me, that another dangerous receiver is needed.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    motorhead, I LOVE college basketball. Especially March Madness. But for the masses, football is king.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    @25: Alrighty, we can agree to disagree. Ask Patrick Mahomes how valuable his high caliber receivers were to him when he got his ass whooped in the Superbowl against Tampa Bay. Before you win the battle in the field, you must first win the battle at the line of scrimmage.

A 5 man O-Line needs to be able to hold off 4 guys long enough for plays to develop. Buffalo's defenders were not really playing man to man. Yes someone lined up with the receivers, but once they left the line they had help courtesy of zone coverages which employed the two extra defenders they had. Yes zone defenses can be busted and/or picked apart, but it takes time for receivers to get in position and that requires the QB to stay upright and focused long enough to make the play.

When the D's front four can sack the QB 7 times and pressure him countless others, you're not going to win many games. I don't care if you have Jerry Rice (in his prime) and Larry Fitzgerald lining up in the 1 and 2 spots. OK, that may be a little over the top, but not by too much lol.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    That was a great game. There will be so many great matchups this fall.

My preferences - in terms of watching:

College football

College basketball

NFL

NBA

MLB

I like to bet on college sports the most. NFL after that, NBA and MLB can be tricky to bet on. The only way I bet on those is if there’s no other sports to bet on. NHL is good to bet on until all star break, then things get way unpredictable!
  • londonguy
    2 years ago
    I heard cricket is heading your way next year, that surprised me as it's the last sport I can imagine as a spectator sport over there.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Well we sent you a Real Football game so nice of you chaps to reciprocate 😁
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I like pro football and baseball about equally as spectator sports.

High school football is pretty darn fun to watch too. On the one hand, those kids are becoming men and they’ve worked hard in a grinding sport. On the other hand, they are kids. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat are evident and genuine at that level.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Who's watching today, first up we have Miami v New England, all eyes on the new head coach and Tua is he for real Miami picked up an outstanding target for him in Tyreek Hill, or what can we expect should be interesting. Bellichicks teams are always ready for what's coming up.
    I'm gonna be watching the Giants as they take on the Tennessee Titans, questions I have include Daniel Jones Is he going to step up finally, and Saquon Barkley, how well does he come back and can he aviod injuries and be a play generator, those will tell us if Big Blue is on the rise again or if we still are wandering in the wilderness,
    What say you guys who's watching and what games ?
  • magicrat
    2 years ago
    I'm in North Carolina so I'm watching the Panthers-Browns with Baker. Not looking so great thus far...still no blocking from the offensive line. I can't disagree with RD's take on the importance of the OL.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    matt rhule is a shitty coach. shame - panthers are not that bad of a team.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Also watching Browns/Panthers. Lifelong Browns fan but I originally wanted Mayfield to beat them and show them that they made a big mistake. Then when Baker allegedly shot his mouth off I became 50/50 on the whole thing. Yeah I have mixed emotions on this but I had never hoped that the Browns loose or bet against them so by game time I was back to rooting for my home team.
    But it doesn't change the fact that I despise their ownership for making bad choices.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    the Dolphins gave a winning welcome, to their new head coach Mike McDaniel, and Tyreek looks like a keeper.
    Congrats Tua Tugovila and the Dolphins, hope they have a successful season,
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    We can finally regularly beat the Patriots, just in time for us to not be able to beat the Bills for the next 10 years.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I’m pleased to say my Giants finally pulled a victory from the jaws of defeat
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I'm stuck in L.A. for a few days and was fortunate to find a tavern which has NFL Sunday Ticket and opens extra early on Sunday in order to accommodate the football crowd. It was packed full of NFL fans of all stripes. It was a rough day in that bar with both my Pats and the Jags taking losses, especially since there were fans of their rivals whooping it up.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    How 'bout them Dolphins!

And why hasn't anyone mentioned the Steelers taking out the Bengals! I did not see that one coming.....🏈🤸🎉
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @ATAC, Bengals were damn lucky to get as far as they did last year. I have them pegged for regression in arguably the 2nd toughest division in football with a healthy Lamar Jackson, and later this year Deshaun Watson. (Why the Steelers thought they could win with Trubisky, I'll never understand.)

Miami always plays the Pats tough at home, but Pats are the third best team in their division. Everyone up here still sucks Belichick's dick but the head coach never puts on a helmet, and his colossal ego gets in the way of personnel decisions; see his incomprehensible drafting, keeping Mac Jones' favorite target (Bourne) out of the game.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The 49ers were the 80's dynasty, were a mess for a long time and have yet to win again. The cowboys were the 1990s dynasty and have been a mess since then. The Pats were the 2000's dynasty and they look no worse now than they would with Brady at the helm. If they return to glory, they will be the first in a long time.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Maybe this is Buffalo’s year. That part of the country sure could use it.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    25, just to play the Devils Advocate, I'll state the standard criticism of American Football.

It is too much of a stop and go game. The ball is hiked, then the ball carrier is tackled and the clock stops. There is too much time before the next hike. It seems like a game designed for television with commercial breaks and commentator breaks.

European style soccer is not like this. The only breaks at the quarters. Otherwise it is non-stop running and kicking. Soccer is better as participatory sport. Though there are injuries and some serious, it is not as bad as American Football.

SJG

All painted up and ready to go at both ends. As it looks you don't really have to take anything off of her. So she is not just in a slut uniform, she is in an action uniform, or an orgy uniform. And that is what you really need to fully enjoy, to be able to put on a show with her.

It depresses me without end thinking of how many years I had to settle for vastly less in a woman. Needless to say, My Organization will maximize this kind of dressed and painted up for immediate front room action look.

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=11443

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=10781

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=10526

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=6824

Yanis Varoufakis on Europe’s Energy Crisis, War in Ukraine & Crackdown on Dissent After Queen’s Death
    https://www.democracynow.org/2022/9/13/y…

Stone Free
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGlcBnW4…

Middle of the Road
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAYs1vt…

I want you (she's so heavy)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VZy0sE…

Never Been Any Reason
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwjmrG-…

I Shot the Sheriff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Cf6TU7…

Long Concert
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2zVmCiC…

Playing Steele Dan
    https://youtu.be/I2zVmCiCCpo?t=4202

School of Rock does MC5, but wo/ the verbal invocation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRjaQryF…

School of Rock, 21st Century Schizoid Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kSJIHt…
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Any one watching today, this afternoon has had some of the most exciting games in recent memory, Miami ties it up after being down TDs, the Jets tied it up with a successful on side kick, the Giants with a lead with just a few minutes to go, Tampa and New Orleans playing a tough game of grind it out, the Jets are going to win, the Giants win, looking good for a change at 2-0, Miami too they're going to win.
    WOO HOO WHAT AN AFTERNOON OF FUN FOOTBALL
  • Heellover
    2 years ago
    Another crazy week in the NFL. Expect the unexpected every week.
  • rickthelion
    2 years ago
    Well, finding ways to increase the violence might improve it. Just spitballin’ some ideas here, but what if you had the players waist deep in salt water and then require each team to have a couple of shark players swimming around. Then you put a sealed bag of chum on each player’s back.

The fun part would be breaking the bag when you tackle an opponent and then getting away quickly. That seems like it would increase the necessary skill level quite a bit.

I almost suggested having salt water crocs on each team but those guys are just assholes. ROAR!!!
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I agree that football is an entertaining sport.

The NFL is a weekly event. It’s well setup, and fun to watch.

There are specific divisions and you know where each team stands.

The season isn’t that long, so it holds my interest. It’s also great seeing conditions change as the season moves from late summer - through fall - and into winter.

I love college basketball and March Madness is my favorite time of year. But, there is much less parity in division 1 basketball when compared to pro sports. College basketball games are played every day, and it’s not a weekly event - with the true fanfare of the NFL.

I also enjoy tennis (no homo). But, I’ve dropped my viewing so that I only watch the majors.

I’ve been a lifelong Yankees and NY Giants fan - and there have been very rough times for both franchises. I have also been a lifelong Seton Hall fan - with hope that they will make a tournament run each year.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'The season isn’t that long, so it holds my interest.'

That's my thought about it but it reminds me of a conversation I had a few years ago with a baseball fan that hated football.
    His reason for not liking football was in his opinion that the season was too long.
    My response was the baseball season is 6 months long, 162 games and that football season was 4 months, 16 games (at that time). How can you use the reasoning that football season is too long yet baseball season isn't?

His response was to repeat that football season was too long.
    In TUSCL perspective it would be like trying to reason with sjcreep or iceydougster, a waste of time and air.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Speaking of, IMO 162 games over 6 months is way too much, a shorter season with maybe 100-120 games max would be better but I know the traditionalists would never agree to that plus baseball would never give up the income involved from tv, ticket sales, etc.
  • Heellover
    2 years ago
    Insane Cards game today just to add to the fun (for the afternoon games).
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Bunch of good games today, I’m watching Miami/Buffalo, competitive and Baltimore/New England, later Green Bay/Tampa Bay should be a good game, tomorrow evening I’ll be watch the Giants/Dallas, rooting for the Giants as always
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Hot damn Miami showed up to play today
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Miami/Buffalo was an entertaining game - Miami hung in there but they were outplayed most of the game - Bills had I think 5 starters out on defense - Allen for Buffalo threw for 400 yards while Tua for Miami only threw for 186 - Bills had 90 plays in the game vs Dolphins 39 - Bills total yards 497 vs Miami 212 - Bills should've won the game; Allen missed a wide-open receiver in the end-zone which would have given the Bills the win - still Miami hung in there and played hard all game and were able to pull it out in the end.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Buffalo's loss was really due to overconfidence and clock mismanagement, I'd call it hubris.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    The Giants look like a completely different team best start in a long time, beating Green Bay in London
    Looks like we treated the Brits to some street football
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    The Steelers looked worse than I have ever seen them look. It seemed that all the receivers's hand had been coated with super lube🙄😒

I think Tomlin is staring at his first losing season...
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
  • booty_lover92
    2 years ago
    What’s up with BS roughing the passer calls? I understand protecting star QBs because they are money makers but these have been routine tackles that they are calling.
  • londonguy
    2 years ago
    Soccer is, yes
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'you still think i am BRIN or ELON?'

you have to shit in every thread don't you dipshitscrub but then again a pos is gonna do what pieces of shit do.

btw it's not what i think it's what i know. i know you're a pussy punk that has to squat to piss and you earn your pathetic living on your elbows and knees sucking dick and taking up your pussy punk ass in a truck stop glory hole on interstate 10.

i also know that if you met any of the people you insult here in person that you'd whimper and crawl into a fetal position if you weren't able to run away.
    that's what i know punkboi
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    I highly doubt tonight's abortion of a game is going to be too entertaining.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    How about those Giants are they for real or not.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    the jets are maybe even better than the giants
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I sense a Mayors Trophy Game coming up
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion