tuscl

Financial Advice

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 3:11 PM
I mean, I come to TUSCL for advice on everything, for example how to be a pimp, how to start an organization, how to cook lasagna, why not how to invest my money? Since I can’t follow Juice’s sound financial advice (go all-in at the poker table and pray) I have a question for our distinguished members here, one I specifically hope IME and Mate72 will chime in on. If you had somewhere between $10,000 and $100,000 to invest, could put it somewhere and let it sit for 20 years how would you invest it today?

103 comments

• DoctorPhil.
    2 years ago
    Just keep watching for the next gathering of the Ricks and invest all of your cash in Jack Daniel’s about a week before the Rick meeting.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^^ that may be the best response of the week.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    C'mon, Shailynn, you know it depends upon your age, risk tolerance, financial goals, current liquid assets, retirement plans, disposable income, and living situation. For my part, I'm doing 30% bitcoin, 30% SpaceX, 30% moderna, and 10% chinese defense bonds.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Does my wine collection count as liquid assets?
  • sinclair
    2 years ago
    I would put it in the stock market once it crashes further, although it is hard to predict where the bottom will be. Buy a mix of blue chip stocks or a mutual fund with a target date of 2040 or 2045. Maybe put 10% in gold and 10% in USDC which pays 9% interest. If you are referring to retirement, my best advice is to max out your 401(k) and IRA contributions every year if you can. Preferably Roth.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @shailynn Buy inflation indexed I bonds you can buy 10K per year, so you should buy one for your wife and one for yourself each year right now they accrue interest at about 7%. Available direct from the US Treasury
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    "Does my wine collection count as liquid assets?" ^ Absolutely! Even better if you are a moonshiner and you make barrel sea aged whiskey. It goes up in value as it gets older
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    You will best the markets for sure
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Wine is tricky, ripple is not a good investment but 4Locos might be.
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    ^ I am going to look at the 4 Locos data. This may be a winner!
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Invest it all into the Warrior15 Mongering Fund. You will lose it all, but I'll have a good time.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Some stock sectors beaten down, but like John Maynard Keynes said, "the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." My retirement funds are Vanguard Target Date, 401(k) fully funded. My income is well above the Roth contribution and IRA deductibility threshold. I don't touch those. Earlier this year, I shifted some wealth away from high-flying tech and into safer stocks. I should have done this in November/December, but still a good move. I'm riding out the equity storm while looking at investment real estate nearby. It's a hot market here but the tech, biopharma, medical economy will keep it strong.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    So far - thanks for the advice everyone. I looked at what 25 said, you can buy that bond and 9.62% if you buy it by October 2022. I collect and trade bourbon and got a few trades in last week. I had 7 bottles lined up on my table and realized I could sell them for almost $7,000. Insane. I should probably do that. Invest the gains in Hertz in memory of Juicy.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Don't buy pussy with the intention of keeping it for 20 years.
  • DenimChicken
    2 years ago
    spend it all on 2024 Tesla Calls at $1200 and sit back and wait. Or, dollar cost average into index funds - the market is potentially poised to go on sale once a recession officially is declared in the coming months with negative growth officially declared. That said, things are correcting in price already. The important thing is to set expectations accordingly. If you think are you going to 10x in the time you are gambling. If you can wait it out you can possibly/likely get a ~200% return and end up with 30-300k in value. Or more! Or less.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    By doing what 25 mentioned you can put in a max of 15,000 a year @ 25 years would be at least 149k depending on adjustment for inflation. If I did that for me and my wife (30k a year) for next 3 years - that would make roughly 894k if I kept it in there for 25 years. You can do 15k per person per calendar year. Max of 15k (10k online, 5k paper bond) Anyone know if a better, safer investment than that?
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Put you money into your own ventures, things run by you and close associates, not the public or private stock market and never things like BitCoin. SJG Ass [view link]
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    An index fund doubles its value ( in inflation adjusted dollars ) about every 10 years. If you have insider knowledge, or are incredibly lucky, you might do better than that by actively managing your money. Or, you might win the lotto.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Would you follow the investment advice of a guy who can't get internet access when the public library is closed?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ You aren't even worth a response.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    SJG, i dont think people have the sort of expertise or knowhow to build something like your Organization. Your Organization will rupture the entire marketplace, perhaps upend the entire sex work industry. There may be a lot of angry strip club owners going after you
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    “Put you money into your own ventures, things run by you and close associates, not the public or private stock market and never things like BitCoin.” The only people that say stupid shit like that are people who are broke.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ And stupid people
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    SJG, thanks for including that ass picture in your post!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    They should build what they know the most about. The mathematical expectation is far higher than with public or private stocks, real estate, or indexed funds. SJG Ass [view link]
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    ^^ stfu SJG!! That should be my new tagline. Inflationary bonds won’t get you any ROI over 25 years because you’ll need an instrument that outpaces inflation, which indexing with equity funds will be the simplest and easy choice without any future maintenance issues w/minimal costs. Maximizing your deferred tax accounts should be any individual’s priority, and after that hit your taxable brokerage account after clearing those maximums. Easy peasy, everything is on sale right now so dollar cost average in if you don’t want to place a purchase all in at once, ie employer plan and IRAs maximized and then full on taxable brokerage. Side note: Cash is king to keep some powder dry for future real estate upgrade needs on a personal note, especially for those who have youth like Shailyn, if you won’t be staying in your same residence for the rest of your life. I know someday I’ll need to upgrade my home/shelter needs and those funds are kept in cash and I bonds ($10k annual- fuck a federal tax refund), but that’s after hitting my prior mentioned priorities. My $0.02 fwiw.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Why don't you tell us more?... on Sunday.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Using that as a guide you should build a loony bin, that would be your best chance to succeed at something
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Ninja'd by Mate72. Above intended for SJG.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Your own ventures will out pace inflation because you are building a business, so most of the revenue will become current. SJG
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^Ditto
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Mate that's not the purpose of I Bonds, they are designed to preserve capital in a market environment like we have now, when the shit stops flying there are better growth Instruments for young folk, but at my age looking for some safety, I only wish I could buy 100X the amount that are available to individuals.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Thanks mate72 - any other advice?
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Publishing houses! Buy up stock Physics and Mathematics textbooks are hot reads for TUSCLers
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Anything you guys know about stocks and bonds is already known by the managers of the hedge, insurance, and pension fund managers. They do more extensive computer analysis than any of us ever could. And their trades are so big that they largely determine the pricing. What only you and your team know about are the ventures you are applying your abilities to. SJG
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    25, Shailyn prefaced this thread by having a 20 year time horizon, and the 9.6% I bond rate only kicks in for the first 6 months and after that adjusts to inflation. Those two thoughts conflict with each other so I binds are for shorter term needs to keep pace with inflation, the 20 year time horizon should tell you that an inflationary bond won’t hold water to a broad market purchasing equity stakes in businesses. Like SJG says, invest in a business which is what equity purchases do.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    SJG, i can see why you’re so wealthy now! Amazing comments here
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Yes Mate72, but an equity purchase is not something you and your close associates are running. It is just glorified gambling. BTE, thanks for the encouragement. But there is much I know now that I wish I knew when I was younger, and there is even more which I still have to learn. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Hard to give advice in these times w/ the markets being so volatile and also seeming like the worst may be yet to come - perhaps staying in the sidelines till the dust settles may be a more prudent move in these volatile times
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    The best is yet to come, SJG!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Building your own businesses is always best. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    The problem with staying on the sidelines is you usually miss out on the rapid gains when the market bounces back. Many people who time the market sell when it’s near bottom then miss a 10%-20% run up before they realize the market is in recovery.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    But better to be putting that very money into your own affairs. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... The problem with staying on the sidelines is you usually miss out on the rapid gains when the market bounces back ..." True - it just feels to me like the worst is yet to come but of course I don't have a crystal-ball - if I had $$$ on the sidelines at this moment I'd personally be very skittish about throwing that $$$ into the market right now unless one really knows what they are doing - staying on the sidelines one may lose 10 or 20% on the way up (hopefully one can see the trend b/f this) but it "feels" to me there's more downside to come - I rather lose 10 or 20% on the way-up than possibly lose 30 to 50% on the way down - I can't recall the last time the country's finances looked this bad (high-ass-inflation + record-high-ass-debt) - my post is just my opinion and def not meant as advice as I am def *not* supa-knowledgeable w.r.t. investing. I also don't trust the current administration to help us get out of this, or at least not do more damage w/ their desire to spend and spend and their jihad on traditional-energy-sources.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Warren Buffett says to buy when there's blood in the streets. And he's buying right now. A lot of nervous money is panicking now. Tech was crazy overbought before this, but some sectors have bargains. I'm looking at countercyclical stocks in particular. We're always going to need food, commodities, reliable energy, and medicine. The damage from having Democrats in power is time-limited, so long as the Democrats don't abolish the filibuster and throw even more money around. Thankfully this looks unlikely. I think a lot of geopolitical risk is priced in. Markets trade on expectations, not reality. If you're holding cash or low yield savings, you're earning negative 8 percent a year. Probably want to keep this at a minimum. If you day trade, you're a dumbass. If you invest in the private enterprises of a man who can't afford internet outside of public library hours, you should be forcibly sterilized.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    These markets are just glorified gambling, fueled by that fact that both parties apply low taxation and high spending to keep them going. It is your own ventures where you really apply your skill. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ You're a broken record of inane shit.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Your own ventures are vastly better than jumping on with the other remote investors. That should be obvious. We have a national ponzi scheme and both parties go along with it to bring out the vote. It is an upwards money siphon. And it only runs because of low taxation on upper incomes and because of sustained high spending. It is a breakdown of logic at the highest levels, making the rich able to live off of those workers at the bottom. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    A lot of people got into bonds to diversify their investments and provide safety. If you are in a balanced fund or a targeted retirement fund, you are one of those people. With rising interest, this has been the worst year for bonds in history. It will get worse. Your strategy didn’t work out too well.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    It depends on the rest of your portfolio and your goals. I'm not an expert, but there's a case to be made for something like I bonds. Given what we know about 25's situation, they might make sense for him. Someone younger, still earning and with a larger risk appetite might look at some of the tech firms that have taken big hits lately to see if they feel like the market has over corrected. You're existing portfolio might also play into it, even if you're young if you're already in many high risk investments you may want to balance it out with something lower risk/lower reward or least gamble in another segment. If you're towards the upper end of that range and have good credit you might be able to snag a rental property too, but there's a whole host of things to consider before jumping in that pool.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    I Bonds can make sense in the right situation but there are some features to be aware of - $10,000 maximum each year - 30 year maturity ( no early termination penalty after 5 years ) - No dividend payouts until redeemed - Tracks CPI, so returns will drop once inflation is under control. There could even be negative returns.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ The interest ca never be less than zero no negative returns possible go to Treasury Direct
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    Buy da shitcoinz when dey low! Den sell dem high
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I but the titcoins they’re way better than the shit coins.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I am stunned that I made it through my entire life successfully without following the "wisdom" on this thread.
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    2 years ago
    ^ Bloodsucking divorce lawyer feeds on the wreckage of failed relationships, leisurely doing so to pad the billing.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Most of the guys on this board have wealth in the millions, or at least hundreds of thousands of investable assets $$, so the discussion of how to invest would be a really minor part of the situation since you’re called at $10k annually. Do I think people should be placing that amount into an ibond for their shorter to longer term needs like education costs for children or even better, part of a person’s short term emergency funds that they won’t need to touch for at least 12 months? Yes! I places $10k in December and another $10k in January to hit those limits for annual limits, but now any extra funds besides the thousands I already have stowed away in my checking/savings at the bank is there to cover my needs within the next 12 months or less. All other discretionary income I invest 100% equity index funds-big small and medium with a little international mixed in, and I will never think about it again until I need to withdraw it in 10, 15, or 20 years (all of the above). If inflationary rates decline I could pull out/cash an ibond with the last 3 months interest as penalty. If inflation was 0% or less I can transfer after paying income tax on the earnings in the year cashed out. Anyway, once inflation drops you’ll still have the option to reinvest the ibond, just be liable for the interest gained as income. Tldr then if you got $10k or less hanging around, give it the government for 12 months and you’ll likely get a few hundred - $1k plus your original $10k after 15 months minimum, taking the last 3 months interest penalty into account.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    I also think Mark and others are confusing TIPs which has Premium adjustments and are interest rate sensitive, and the ibond. The ibond never goes negative but you’re capped at $10k annually. The TIPs aren’t capped as an investment (for most people) and can turn negative with interest rate increases during stagflation times. That is the risk with TIPs, but as with anything you spread your amounts in all sorts of different assets classes and tips can provide some added diversification to somebody’s overall picture. Just Like cash.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Tips are “generally” offered in IRAs and employer sponsored plan(no cap). The ibond is done directly through the US Treasury direct website, cap of $10k annually.
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    VFINX Vanguard S&P 500 Index fund... It's not going to make you rich, but there's less risk than most other things.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Securities and Real Estate speculation is a scam. Put your money into your own affairs. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • JimGassagain
    2 years ago
    ^^^ put your money into your own internet connection so you’re not reliant on public library access. This way you can grow your fake organization and tell everybody on this site about your fake organization 24/7, and not just during library hours. Bacon!!
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    What some retards on this thread (1 in particular) can’t understand is maybe you already have a job or a business and you have extra disposable income you’d like to invest for when you retire. I have a retirement plan, my wife had a retirement plan. If I have an extra 50k to invest over the next 3 years, where could I park it for 20-25 years and get the biggest safest return. Right now an I bond is hitting 9.62% won’t that just go up or at least stay in the current range over the next few years because of inflation? I already have stocks, I don’t want to go buy calls or crazy shit like that with this money.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @shailynn, we're similar in age. Get a low expense ratio index ETF or mutual fund, set it and forget it. Still the most reliable place to put it.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    If you can find some rental Real Estate, that’s probably a good bet, if you want to get into some alternate investments look at some of the venture capital markets, also there are a few funds that specialize in litigation funding, that have had crazy returns lately. Index funds are fine but everyone is doing that now, you might have some luck with a few well picked individually stocks, there are some good buys available right now, but you need to be careful about overpriced equities.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    BTW I Bonds aren’t going to be major part of a portfolio just a place to keep a nice little bit of pocket change, if you had a few kids you could use it as a college fund, I use it as a vacation fundraiser
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @25, I've looked at rental real estate, it's not the money that scares me off as much as the time. It's either the time drain to do maintenance (I'm not especially handy) and find tenants, etc, or use a property manager that takes 5% of the lease. Not to mention it locks up a lot of capital. If you aren't going to do the research on stocks, an index fund is a solid bet. I'd love to start up a stock-picking thread here, but I'd fully expect it to be hijacked by the usual retards.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I have nothing against index funds but I pretty much have my own index fund, right now I own about 40 or 50 different equities and yes I do have a few bucks in a few index fund as well, but I’ve made a bundle of money over the years on such individual stocks as Amazon, Google, Goldman Sachs, Home Depot among others. If you pick right you’ll do better over the long haul if you’re wrong you can easily switch
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Cacaplop said "The day i take financial advice from a troll, you can shoot me." That being the case, the internet will be a better place if you take financial advice from a troll.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Yes you do, Caca, there's always a market for high schoolers willing to bust in your mouth for $5.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @25, yeah, if you pick right. Most investment managers fail to beat the market, let alone amateurs trading on hunches. I have 16 different equities, including a couple closed-end funds for exposure to sectors I don't know well, and individual stocks where I do. All depends on the level of research you're willing to put in.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    25, my ibond purchases will fund our trip to Disneyland this year! Using them for the same purpose. Shailyn, in 6 Months the ibond resets to the then current CPI rate, which the way we’re seeing demand destruction could be lower if we’ve seen inflation peaking and retreating. If prices stay as is the rate will be around 5-6% due to the time value proposition. TMI- tye rate is only good for 6 months and adjust downward whenever the rate decelerates, if we enter deflationary periods which is possible, you’ll get 0% return on the next 6 months. Then you’ll have the option of pulling out, cashing it and pay federal income tax on the earnings to reinvest in another fixed rate vehicle. By then a new I bond can give you a higher fixed rate than the current fixed rate of 0%. Mainly The I bond strategy can be used for current yield hunting for short term cash or as an option to save for childrens college, imo.
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    I tried picking stocks when I was younger. Picked a couple big winners, that I really didn't expect much of and was thinking I was stupid at the time to buy (i.e. McDonalds....). And picked a few losers. And realized, I'm not good at that shit, and I don't enjoy it. Can't remember hearing about ibonds until like 6 months ago. And thought I heard they somehow track inflation? if so, that's not a good bet over 20 years, maybe 5 years max (hopefully much less....)... And if it's just following inflation, it's only preventing you from loosing money (or the value of that money), there's no real "growth". My parents were into real estate when I was in high school, college, etc. Made a bunch of money. Bought at the bottom of the market, sold pretty high. Did a shitload of renovation, maintenance, cleaning, painting, clearing snow, cutting grass, cleaning carpets just about everything themselves. Two building, 4 units each, averaged at least 10 hours a week of someone's time... And there's that one time a tenant fell asleep with lit cigarette on the couch... And the time the water heater failed... And the drain clogged... Real estate might seem priced high right now, but so is rent, as long as that tracks it's all good, until there's an eviction ban...
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... I'd love to start up a stock-picking thread here ..." That's a good idea - there's a fair # of folks on here w/ a good amount of life/business/investing experience - the network-effect is often productive 👍
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... I'd love to start up a stock-picking thread here, but I'd fully expect it to be hijacked by the usual retards ..." The trolls only derail a thread when one feeds/engages them
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ That's a theory but it doesn't work well with the super duper extra trollish trolls, they've become like anti-biotic resistant venereal disease, founder needs to give us back the heavy duty antidote, a two way block would be the solution.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Financialization is bleeding this country dry. And it is crazy to put your own money into something which is not run by you and close associates. SJG We have not had a leader like this in a long long time, and economy based on fairness, dignity, and opportunity: [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ нейродивергентный Сан-Хосе ползучести neyrodivergentnyy San-Khose polzuchesti
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    My bank offered me an opportunity to become one of their Private Clients. For an annual fee equal to 1% of my assets, they would assign someone with a 2 year community college degree to control all my assets. Oh, and I’d get free ATM feed. I said no.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    You didn't want them to install a ticker tape machine inside of your head? For many that is the main effect of the Internet. Financializers are bleeding the country try and destroying our Democracy. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ inane broken record
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    From about 1990 until now. This country needs to shut off the financializers. Joe Biden could be the one to do it, at least some of it. SJG [view link] [view link]
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Inane broken record from a guy who can't afford Internet outside public library hours. Would you trust a homeless guy to talk about the latest features on a Porsche? No? Then why trust this life failure on anything financial?
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Tetradon, you no nothing about me, and what you are is just a belligerent irritant. A Keyboard Koward. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    You are the king of over sharing on this board, and popping off at the mouth on shit you know zilch about. If you think I'm a Keyboard Koward, fly out east and see. Get VIP and know where I club and when. PM me and set up an appointment. Hint, Desire tomorrow afternoon might not be a horrible bet. Oh and as for Biden making changes, I doubt he knows what day of the week it is.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    No Tetradon, I am not going to get on an airplane just to kill you. But if I encountered someone like you F2F I would assume that they are suicidal and that there is a good likelihood that I will be killing them right on the spot. And you don't like Biden because he is the best person we have had in the White House in a long time. SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    If you saw me face to face, you'd ask me for a dollar for a cup of coffee, probably while ranting about Deja Vu and sex cults. Actually since I don't want to come to California for any reason, not just to see you, you admit again that all your threats are without merit.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Lol, you're safe for tonight tetradon, unless hours changed the creep has less than 10 minutes to kill you. It takes him longer than that to tie his shoes.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Tetraplop apparently you consider him worthy enough of your time to fixate on and troll all day. And your threats to me are as frank james like as his threats.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Never threatened you. If I saw you face to face I'd ask you to gas up my car and you'd do it with a smile.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    20 Hours Ago Now you're threatening people with physical harm like 25 and sjg do.... 1 0 20 Hours Ago ^ You're sore because you came on this thread to troll and 25 and I punched you in the mouth. 0 [view link] Weirdo going full sjg
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ You don't understand what a metaphor is, because you're a fucking dumbass. I used past tense, because 25 and I _did_ embarrass you on your lack of knowledge of economics, because you're a dumbass. And if I need to emphasize the point again, you're a dumbass.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    You went full sjg while 25 egged you on in his alcoholic frenzy.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Rapist Pimping is Simping
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Alcoholism is making you go full sjg on us
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Rapist Pimping is Simping
  • DenimChicken
    2 years ago
    > My bank offered me an opportunity to become one of their Private Clients. Chase Private Client is lame. They just think that people will feel elite with a status like that. After ignoring their calls for about 3 years they stopped bugging me about it. I wouldn't have the ability to talk to somebody without mocking them about their services and why it's a waste to me, especially with my job in the world of finance.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Has anyone else admitted to purchasing ibonds? I fired my advisor after he told me not to let the government borrow my money. Oh well, I’ll make a little under $4k by not taking his advice and did it myself. Does Icee and invest in any instruments besides drugs and hoes?
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ I bought I bonds. It's a tiny percentage of my nest egg but a small hedge.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The whole securities industry is just a head trip, diverting people away from putting their talents and money into their own ventures, which have long and short term a much higher mathematical expectation. SJG Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good - 2016 School of Rock AllStars Team 6 [view link]
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ The guy who can't afford off hours Internet access lecturing _anyone_ about finances is a laugher.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Lulzzzzzzzz
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Financializers are always going to try to fuck you up the ass, if you give 'em half a chance. They will try to turn you into something sub human, because that is what they are. So you have to always be on watch for them. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion