tuscl

Does anyone drink tap water?

Icee Loco (asshole)
I'm a fucking loser
Friday, January 7, 2022 5:01 AM
It's crazy how we can't even drink tap water in the US...

54 comments

• shadowcat
    2 years ago
    That is all the water that I drink at home and I suspect that is what restaurants are serving me. I have not bought a bottle of water but I do drink a lot of Gatorade for the electrolytes.
  • HerpinMaDerp
    2 years ago
    My new apartment in Portland has great tap water. I used to buy filtered, but now I don't have to, and I'm happy!
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I've gotten used to drinking natural-spring-bottled-water and kinda don't like the taste of tap-water - I don't necessarily think tap-water is unhealthy but I "assume" bottled-spring-water is better and I also prefer the taste
  • Player11
    2 years ago
    That’s all I drink.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Shadowcat. If it's available try Electrolit. It's a lot better than Gatorade. Its a good drink for older people to stay more balanced with potassium and everything. Papichulo. Same here. Maybe it's regional. Tap water in LA or Vegas hurts my stomach and the taste is bad.
  • Liwet
    2 years ago
    My ice comes from tap water, but after I filter it.
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    yup. I sure do. NY has one of the best taps in all of USA. Still skeptical, just throw a brita on it. You'll be alright.
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo hate to burst your bubble, but I'm going to. Bottled spring water is still tap water. Your better off just buying a filter and slapping it on your sink rather than waste extra money on what you already drink from your sink.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    I drink tap water at home. Water in the Detroit area comes from the Great Lakes system and is good.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    I drink it, several liters per day. Though there are some areas where it tastes like ass.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    So it doesn't taste like chlorine and calcification?
  • Longball300
    2 years ago
    If you look at bottled a lot of it comes from a municipal water system anyway.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    When I lived in NY the tap water was generally very good, here in Florida the tap water tastes like ass, so I generally drink bottled water, and I have filters on my refrigerator so the ice cubes that come out are not as bad as the tap water, I believe that water that comes from colder climates taste clearer, the warmer weather has some effect on the taste of the water.
  • Longball300
    2 years ago
    I agree that water in the southeast in general has a funky taste to me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    There are various types of bottled-water - e.g. Aquafina is a popular bottled-water but it's not spring water nor is it labeled as such - I think a lot of those waters that are not labeled spring water are likely tap-water that's just been filtered and treated. I would not think the major brands of spring water that label themselves as spring water would actually be tap water - many of those companies have been around for decades and service major retailers - one would think they would be leaving themselves open to major fines and an end to their company if they would label themselves as spring water and not be that.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "When I lived in NY the tap water was generally very good, here in Florida the tap water tastes like ass, so I generally drink bottled water" This. I have water delivered because the tap water here is not great. Too many minerals in it. I'll cook in tap and use it for ice, but I don't rely upon it for daily hydration.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    When I visited my parents small home town in ND back in the 60's & 70's their water came from wells and smelled and tasted terrible. All of the locals mixed it with cool aid.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @Icey, depends on the location. There are places like New Jersey where the water smells rancid and tastes worse. Most places I lived, it's been OK.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    I’ve worked with several water directors in my area throughout the years, and they all concur that tap water is safer and healthier than buying bottled water. The only difference is the minerals dissolved in tap water messes with the taste, so as long as you filter it that’s all you need! I spend $80/year on filters and we drink gallons of it daily. Water employees tell me that’s way healthier than buying bottled water or sports drinks which can erode your teeth and have chemicals leeched from the plastic packaging.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Also, my property in the mountains has its own well system and these mountains have the cleanest water in the world as stated by the AMA. So yes, tap water all day every day.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    There is a water distiller my roommates and I use. Of all the things to feel guilty about in life that’s pretty low on there 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I have a filter on my refrigerator - that filters the tap water. Before that, I would drink the tap water from my kitchen faucet. New Jersey has decent water. I wouldn’t drink water directly from the Passaic River - or the Hudson (in my area).
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ I had family in North Brunswick. Raritan river water tasted sulfurous and gross.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Did you drink water directly from the Raritan River? It’s possible my area has a lower PCB count in its water.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @Cashman, no. Just from faucets. We only drank bottled water when I was there. Maybe it has gotten better?
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I generally drink it (in the US). I didn't in San Diego, it tasted briney. But I mostly drink coffee and diet soda. Apparently, it once was an excuse to drink beer that making beer involved boiling the water, killing illness causing-microbes in it. The good old days.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    @Tetradon I hope it has improved. That river can be a real danger in the spring with heavy rain - as it can flood many areas.
  • SneakyClubster
    2 years ago
    Bottled water drinker here. Main reason? Dven if it's municipal water, those taps are cleaner than the taps we have where we live. Old ass plumbing, built just after 1900, likely only updated within the last 50 years (or worse, who knows) Just because bottled is local tap water, doesn't mean it's not cleaner than MY tap. </rant>
  • 8TM
    2 years ago
    I have a reverse osmosis system hooked up to my kitchen sink and freezer ice maker.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    I’m lucky. We have great tap water where I live fro artisan wells.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    NYC also has excellent tap water
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    Methinks the best tap water around is right here in ol' Springfield, OR. Comes from the icey Mckenzie River. Melted snow from the mountains.
  • loper
    2 years ago
    Absolutely. My region (from the Quabbin reservoir) has safe and tasty tapwater. Nearby Cambridge has their own water system, and yuck.
  • Goodclubrep
    2 years ago
    Many bottled waters are filtered then purified with UV light and reverse osmosis. The rest are at least filtered and treated with UV. Nothing wrong with starting out with a municipal water source, just that the chlorine and chlorine must be removed. Leaching chemicals from the plastic bottles is minor at most.
  • Goodclubrep
    2 years ago
    Should say and chloromine*
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    ^loper - I'm in the MWRA area also. No issues with my tap water. It's fine.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I drink tap water all the time. I’m on a private well, not municipal water. I know folks here think I live in the boonies but I live in…the boonies.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I drink tap water all the time too. I think it nuts that people think they need to get their water from plastic bottles. SJG Frampton [view link]
  • theeastcoast757
    2 years ago
    The water in my city is like the 4th cleanest in the nation.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    But do you think maybe you're just used to tap water? A lot of the pipes and water treatment plants are outdated. I see a huge difference jn how tap water tasted when I was a kid vs now. I stick to spring water.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    You can buy 5 gallon plastic bottles and fill them with distilled water. For myself I have no need for that. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Of course you have no need for that. Your MO is drink your fill from the men's room sink when you first enter the San Jose library then return and fill your empty cat food cans before they shuffle you out the door at closing time. The cans of water hold you over through your nights sleeping under the bridge overpass. A little strange but if it works for you who are we to dispute it? Lol
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    THEEOSU, just waking up in the afternoon, ready to go out to the sidewalk to stand under a street lamp as soon as it gets dark. Still trying to see what doctor can give him a new rectum, after his old one had been sewn shut with a curved needle. It cost him half of his service menu. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Did I strike a nerve again creep? You certainly know that it's not hard to do with you. Well I only stopped by for a couple minutes and unlike you I actually have real things to do so I'm not going to go back and forth with an unarmed moron. OK bye
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    TheeOSU, I suspect that your fingers might soon fall off. SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Theeosu. Wtf is your problem? Are you retarded? So you accuse him of being homeless then troll and harass him every chance you get. In your fucked up mind you think you're harassing a homeless man. Does that make you feel like you accomplish something? Sick fuck I have large containers of water. Get them delivered.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    Tap water in and around portland is good all over the metro as far as I know. I refuse to drink tap water tho everywhere else
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    i mix RO water and brita filtered tap water. pure RO water is too clean. you need some minerals in it.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    spring water is nonsense. the purified bottled waters at costco, even walmart etc are actually reverse osmosis filtered and ozone treated which removes more fluoride and toxins etc than RO filter alone. now still you wonder RO and ozone maybe arent foolproof, maybe something slips through, and theyre altered and harmful in their own way even if they are completely free of toxins. plus there is te plastics issue of potential heating of the plastic bottles in transport. you actually dont need any water if you drink milk, coconut water, orange juice, other fruit juices etc. those are the best way, especially organic. not every city in the US fluoridates their water, but fluoride in the water is just one problem out of many. chlorine in the water can evaporate if you just let it sit, even in a sealed plastic bottle, for a day or more. you may notice if you put tap water in a bottle and wait a day before drinking it, itll taste better than the fresh tap water because the chlorine is mostly gone. but theres still toxins, hormones etc. anyone, at any time can dump anything they want into the water supply. who knows what chemicals, hormones etc are out there and if its even possible to truly purify water at this point! i think vitamin water is RO water.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    That's a bit paranoid and excessive. I just go by taste
  • hoopbhoy2000
    2 years ago
    My supply is from Loch Katrine in Scotland. Very soft and great tasting. I miss it when I travel.
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    I drink tap water. Unless I'm on vacation somewhere where I'm told it's bad.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    We travel a lot, so we drink a lot of hotels tap water. As long as it is cold, its fine.
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    2 years ago
    ES JAY GEE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion