tuscl

Afghanistan ( Current Status )

mark94
Arizona
Friday, August 20, 2021 1:20 PM
The other thread on Afghanistan has over 200 comments so it’s difficult to load. This is a place holder if anyone wants to continue the discussion. Here is the current situation - it is estimated there are 45,000 citizens of NATO countries, including 15,000 US citizens, still in Afghanistan. - It is estimated there are 80,000 Afghanis who helped us in the war effort, and were promised safe passage by us if the government failed. - There are also untold thousands of Afghan women who ran schools or held government office, whose lives are at risk. - The only military remaining in Afghanistan are about 5,000 ( mostly American ) troops at Kabul airport. - The Taliban has surrounded the airport and is letting very few people in. Some have snuck in over walls. Some have bribed their way in, but very few. Planes are flying out almost empty. - Opposing these 5,000 troops are hundreds of thousands of Taliban freshly armed with Billions of dollars of armored vehicles, weapons, and ammunitions left behind. -The Taliban have just announced that all foreign troops must leave Afghanistan by Sept 11 ( the 20th anniversary ). - President Biden is on vacation at his home in Delaware ( reportedly….he’s no where to be found ).

216 comments

• shailynn
    3 years ago
    Why worry? I read an article that said the US plans to withdraw 9,000 people a day, so that should be completed in 2 weeks! (Sarcasm) Just for you guys as gals that don’t know, take Pakistan and Afghanistan and you have about the same population as the US.
  • StPaul101
    3 years ago
    I was reading that this could become a "black swan event", in that this might cause those countries or groups that don't like the US to be emboldened to push against the US foreign policy. If this happened one of my fears would be the status of the US Dollar as the world currency being replaced by a basket of currencies. Im not sure if this is true as a true "black swan event" is something no one saw coming but I could see China thinking this is the time to "unify Taiwan by force" which would not be good for anyone (other than the Chinese) as TSMC the worlds largest Semiconductor company would fall under the Chinese govt. not to mention what Japan might do if they did invade Taiwan.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    There are only like 80k taliban fighters in all of Afghanistan..... Basically the US is evacuating us citizens and Afghan traitors who helped them while the taliban consolidates it's power. And you're finding bs ways to blame it on biden coz you're a right wing pundit not unlike the American version of the taliban.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I think Taiwan is the next flashpoint. If it falls, the US will no longer be able to manufacture anything that has micro chips which, these days, is pretty much everything.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Icee as always a fucking moron following leftist talking points not Biden's fault. Bullshit it's 100% his fault. He ignored warnings from intelligence agencies months ago, moronically repealed a Trump order in place to deal with this type of issue tgat Trump put in place because of the Benghazi fuck up. Biden fucked this up and abandoned US citizens. He fucked this up, it is on him. Only Biden could fuck this up, leaving US citizens, military equipment, in the hands of the Taliban when he could have easily followed the prior deal which would have gotten people out, then the military who could have destroyed any equipment left on their way out. He fucked this up because Democrats are hateful little people who couldn't let a better plan work because it wasn't theirs. Afghanistan and border are brutal examples of Biden hurting Americans because they hate Trump.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Trump’s deal with the Taliban was a series of steps where, if the Taliban did what they promised, we would take another step. Included in this process was 2 months set aside for evacuation before the first US soldier left. Biden claims he was just following Trump’s plan. That is total crap. Biden pulled US troops and closed Bagram and let chaos reigned. That is his plan.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Chaos was caused by the former afghan government and military capitulating and running away
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “Chaos was caused by the former afghan government and military capitulating and running away” Which they did AFTER we abandoned Bagram and pulled out our troops without notice in the dead of night.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Their military refusal to fight and their president fleeing with bags of cash isn't bidens fault
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    There's really no point to this entire thread, unless it's all about bashing any pov you disagree with, it's going to be several years before we know the truth here, and unless one of y'all is an actual intelligence agent, y'all don't know anymore than anyone else, there might be some logic in both sides but geezaloo get a fucking life, go hit a strip club this is boring.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Umm, yes it is. The Afghan military was staying in place as long as they knew they had American air power and Special Forces standing behind them. The US was also funding their paychecks. Once Biden pulled our troops out, the Afghan army knew it was all over. No paychecks. No back up.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “WOKE AMERICA IS THE NEW FRANCE. “ It’s worse than that. French Citizens and their Afghan employees and families had been sheltering in the French Embassy in Kabul. A couple days ago, all of these people were rescued by French soldiers, brought to the airport, and evacuated. The French had an exit plan. We didn’t.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    This thread isn't about afghanistan its about bashing biden.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    There are 15,000 Americans essentially being held hostage in Afghanistan. Only one person has the power to do anything about that. It’s kinda tough to discuss Afghanistan without mentioning Joe Biden and his actions. If this was a bash Biden thread, we’d be mentioning the porous southern border and other failings.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    In a very odd way, it's almost impressive the level of stupidity 2ICEE can manage to post. "This thread isn't about afghanistan its about bashing biden." He might as well have said, "This thread isn't about buildings on fire, it's about bashing the arsonist."
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    It’s like Biden saying he wouldn’t discuss the people falling from the plane because it happened 4 or 5 days ago ( actually 2 days ). If you don’t like the questions, you invent reasons it would be inappropriate to respond. This thread is a bash Biden thread. Shut it down. This topic is verboten.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Calling patriot Afghans “traitors” because they fought along side US soldiers against religious totalitarians tells me a lot about Icee.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Just heard that Biden and Harris will be giving a joint press conference about Afghanistan - 1:OO PM.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    As our history attests, promises made to the “freedom fighters” of nations we want to control, uttered by the Americans representatives (CIA, black ops, ministers, envoys etc) are empty and facetious, a ploy to gain the support, of the side we think we can control, to hasten the defeat of the side we think we can’t control. This duplicity approach would cause a war to erupt (business for the American arm manufacturers), the death of thousands of people, including some Americans (collateral damage) This is the American Way lie, cheat, betray to accomplish our imperialist ambitions. “I cherish peace with all of my heart. I don't care how many men, women and children I kill to get it.” ~ Pacemaker from the movie The Suicide Squad “I cherish MONEY & POWER with all of my heart. I don't care how many men, women and children I kill to get it.” ~ America from the annals of history...
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    The undeniable reality is: There is always an economic motive underlying the American made wars/conflicts, even if the stated aim of the war is presented to the American public as something more noble...
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Discussions have been down for 2 hours, just came back up. [view link] Spencer Ackerman Reign of Terror: How the 9/11 Era Destabilized America and Produced Trump [view link] PBS News Hour [view link] SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    For those who didn’t watch Biden’s presser, here’s a summary. 1. Now is not the time to second guess anything we’ve done. So, don’t ask me about that. 2. I’m working really hard and, so far, things have gone well. 3. Our allies tell me we are doing great 4. We’re going to get everyone out but we can’t tell you how. 5. We’re talking with the Taliban and they’ve been helpful. 6. I’d be doing even better if the Afghan leaders, the Afghan Army, and my predecessor hadn’t screwed up.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    It all looks bad, but I still think we have to wait until all the facts are on the table. The two new books I have posted above. This all started with George W. Bush. SJG
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    Breaking news: Reports just in that, regarding the mess in Afghanistan, Biden was overheard muttering to an aide "This is worse than the time I crapped my pants last week."
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    But you had no problem with Trump holding talks with the taliban. Excluding the afghan gov. Etc. It's just another madeup reason to attack biden for you
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    ICEE, have you ever been in a serious negotiation ? There’s something called leverage. When we had Bagram, and were propping up the Afghan army, we had leverage. Along the lines of “ do what we say and we might not kill you”. That’s bargaining from strength. Now, the Afghan army is gone, Bagram is gone, the Taliban has us outnumbered and surrounded, and there are about 45,000 NATO hostages. Now, our negotiation position is more along the lines of “ let our hostages go and we’ll do whatever you want”. That’s the difference between negotiating with the Taliban a year ago and now.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I wish you'd show do much passion for social and economic justice
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “I wish you'd show do much passion for social and economic justice” Where do you think there is more social and economic justice, Taliban Afghanistan or the US ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Speaking of the Social Justice crowd, an interesting comment from someone with government connections: “Every NATO country has people trapped in Afghanistan and they tend to be trust fund babies or friends of trust fund babies. Every prime minister’s phone is blowing up with VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE asking how they’re going to get their kids or their kids’ friends out of Afghanistan and every ally is blowing up the phones of the White House and State Department and getting jack shit from them. And they’re all blaming ‘America’ but they also know it’s on Biden.”
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @desertscrub "the only thing 2ICEE and SAN JOSE GUY have ever had to worry about PULLING OUT OF... was PULLING OUT OF EACH OTHER'S ASSHOLE." Fucking classic bro.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yeah... this Afghanistan thread is such an improvement over the previous one...
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Yall are proving my point lulz
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Even Fredo Cuomo is reporting on how fucked up this is. Biden has to go. Kamala will be even worse, but that's a good thing. The whole Democrat machine needs to fall and Kamala attempting to be President will make sure of that.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You said this thread isn't about biden
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ @2ICEE I won't argue with you. Get help. You need it.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    we should have gracefully left Afghanistan after getting rid of bin lauden. usa should stop getting involved with all these complicated situations. the last war we had that had any ‘honor’ was ww2. make love. not war.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I pity those soldiers, having to follow orders of people they can't possibly respect. It's like the police officers who go out and dutifully do their jobs, protecting civilians, while their mayor is berating them.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    From a tactical position, we have 8,000 troops, with no heavy equipment, surrounded by 70,000 Taliban and ISIS that are now heavily equipped. They could shut down the runway with a few mortar shells, leaving our troops isolated and under artillery fire. My guess is the plan is to keep saying yes to any Taliban demands as our hostages are released a few at a time.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Mark94, you seem like a reasonable fellow. Where are you getting your information from about the capabilities of US Forces at HKIA?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Troop size at airport is directly from DOD press briefing. Lack of heavy equipment is speculation based on the fact that all supplies have been air lifted in. They may have flown in some armored vehicles but nothing compared to the hundreds left behind at Bagram.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    WATCH LIVE: Jen Psaki gives White House news briefing (4hrs ago) [view link] Biden's National Security Team, in their briefings, they do impress me. I always knew that Biden would be an experienced hand. Opposite of Trump, pulling the troops off of that spot on the Turkey - Syria border. Meet The Press Broadcast (Full) - August 22nd, 2021 [view link] PBS NewsHour full episode, Aug. 23, 2021 [view link]
  • Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    The US border is being over run on a daily basis and we're supposed to give a shit about a country literally in the other side of the world? Sorry, no. Why are all these "western" foreigners in Afganistan in the first place? Sounds like the Afgan people just want the foreigners out like peopje in every country do. They seem to me to be simple Afgan patriots with decent moral values. I have no problem with the Taliban. I have a problem with bringing millions of fake "refugees" to America.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Incel freaks share a lot of values with the taliban
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up. - President Barack Obama He can't hang this on Trump, he's done nothing but reverse Trump policies and actions all year. It was always going to be bad, Biden made it a catastrophe.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    In Ancient Rome, citizens of Rome could travel the empire in safety because it was widely known that harming a Roman citizen would cause a massive retaliation. In present day America, it’s safe to hold 15,000 American citizens hostage with no fear of rescue or retaliation. The only reaction is to have top level American “ leaders” beg for mercy.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ so your world view dates back to The Roman Empire I thought you were a few centuries behind, but we now know you're a millennia behind
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Then I guess that you don't know much history, there were plenty of places where it wasn't safe to be a Roman Citizen
  • mark94
    3 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    U.N. Warns of “Humanitarian Catastrophe” in Afghanistan Amid Political Turmoil, Economic Crisis & Drought [view link] SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Joe Biden was scheduled to hold a press conference Tuesday at 1pm. Just as it began, his team came out and said it was canceled, only to return a short time later and said it was back on but postponed. Now it’s been almost three hours since it was set to take place as the time continues to get postponed. This is after G7 leaders told him not to pull troops out of Afghanistan by August 31. Since the originally cancelled presser, Biden did what he wanted, without a thought of any of America’s closest allies and the Americans trapped in Afghanistan, and now troops are now suddenly already starting to pull out of of the region at the time of this writing.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Please post links to this as it goes off. Thanks, SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    If you wanted to tank the economy, this is how you’d do it. Vice President Kamala Harris advised shoppers to consider buying Christmas presents now due to global supply chain issues.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    Tucker Carlson showed video of American troops trying to train Afghan troops. It looked like a bunch of kindergartners trying to do jumping jacks. We should have gotten out long ago.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    President Joe Biden's approval rating takes a hit [view link] Biden holds press conference following FDA approval of the Pfizer vaccine [view link] WATCH: Biden delivers remarks on Afghanistan evacuation progress ( live now?? seems still delayed ) [view link] Meet The Press Broadcast (Full) - August 22nd, 2021, Jig Sullivan and Lynn Cheney [view link] LIVE NBC News [view link] WATCH LIVE: Biden speaks on efforts to evacuate American citizens, Afghan allies and their families (unclear that he said anything ) [view link] PBS NewsHour live episode, Aug. 24, 2021 (live at 3pm) [view link] SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    All of this is just bullshit, they said that they have gotten 70,700 people out and of that number 4000 people are Americans and their families, so I'd guess that over 65,000 are at risk Afghans, y'all are just talking out of your asses we don't know what's being done or how, all the posturing and blather is useless, not any of us knows anything of the facts and what's actually getting reported is what our military want's to get out. It will be a while before we know the facts and my bet is those facts will look very different than what y'all are spouting off about.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    "we don't know what's being done or how" Agreed! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This seems to be Biden's message, 21 minutes ago. [view link] SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    According to BBC News reporting on the Joe Biden teleconference call with G7 leaders, the sum total of the call lasted seven minutes. Think about that. With so much at stake and so much to be discussed and coordinated within the emergency situation in Afghanistan, the discussion between Joe Biden and the allied leaders of the U.K, Germany, France, Italy, Canada and Japan, lasted only seven minutes: The adults are back in charge !
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ Do you have a link for this BBC News account? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Says 7 hours ago [view link] SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    IDGAF what Biden's message is we have GI's in harms way this type of stupid bickering does nothing to help, there's a little thing called patriotism, we pull together till the fight is over, then we fight about the methodology and the rest of the shit.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ I agree with you 25. But people do still want to know how it got like this, and if this was really the best possible way. SJG
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Biden really taking his America Last goals to the extreme. Funny thing is people think this isn't by design. The Border is an out of control situation where it didn't have to be. Afhhanistan just a further extension of it.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    From Richard Engel: US embassy issues last alert for US citizens to leave afghanistan or they’re on their own, then recalls it 30 mins later.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    For the record, if 4,000 US citizens have been evacuated, that means there are about 11,000 other Americans still stranded. Plus, there were 30,000 European citizens stranded as of a week ago. I assume most are still there. Meanwhile, Biden just said all our troops will be out within 7 days. That’s leaves thousands of Americans at the Mercy of the Taliban. And, there is very little vetting being done of the Afghans who are in the airport. They have made it to the airport only because the Taliban chose to let them in. Who are these people ? Some have already been identified as terrorists through a biometric database. Clusterfuck.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Important to look at this, but not yet something we can Monday Morning Quarterback. Need much more info on the table to do that. SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Mark does the Monday morning quarterback thing on Sunday afternoons unless it's his idol Donald Trump then he just accepts any bullshit.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Trump was impeached for a 5 minute phone call with the President of Ukraine. Joe Biden is stranding 11,000 Americans in Afghanistan. Compare.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    We need to let all the facts come out on to the table. We are right now still a long way from that. but the issues you are raising mark are important. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    “Massacre of My Dreams”: Afghan Reporter Bilal Sarwary on Fleeing Kabul & Afghanistan’s “Brain Drain” [view link] Medea Benjamin: Afghanistan War Is “Cash Cow” for Pentagon. Biden Must End “Delusional” China Rivalry [view link] SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Word is coming from several sources that the last evacuation plane will be on Saturday. After that, troops will evacuate the airport and anyone left is on their own.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Eventually all the facts will come out, and then we will be in a position to critique how this has been handled. Personally, I look forward to having lots of young Muslim Moderate Afghan women working in our Massage Parlors, Hostess Dancing Clubs, and Strip Clubs. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Newshour Aug 25, 2021 [view link] Medea Benjamin: Afghanistan War Is “Cash Cow” for Pentagon. Biden Must End “Delusional” China Rivalry [view link] SJG
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    As of an hour ago, Sec State says there are 1500 Americans in Afghanistan and only 500 are planning to leave. They evacuated 19000 people (American and others) in the last 24 hours. Sounds like they can get it done by the weekend. “Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Wednesday afternoon that as many as 1,500 Americans may still be in Afghanistan, as the deadline for U.S. withdrawal looms. Earlier Wednesday, the White House said about 19,000 people were evacuated from Afghanistan by U.S. and allied military forces on Tuesday. President Joe Biden said Tuesday that the U.S. is on track to evacuate all American and allied citizens, as well as Afghans eligible for special immigrant visas or otherwise at risk of persecution by the Taliban, out of the country by Aug. 31.“ [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    We have no idea how many Americans are left. The vast majority of those evacuated this week were Afghan citizens who the Taliban left through. There are dozens of reports of Americans being stopped at Taliban checkpoints on their way to the airport. Some were beaten. Some had their passports taken away. The Biden administration has begun the big lie about a successful and heroic evacuation. Will the media go along with it ? Apparently USA Today has.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Choosing to ignore reports because they don’t suit your narrative? Par for the course with you. They are direct quotes from Sec State and the President. It would be a pretty stupid thing to lie about. If they are lying and there are Americans left behind, we’ll know in a week or two and you can crow about it then.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Just yesterday, Jen Psaki, the press Secretary, told reporters at the White House that if they have the contact information of Americans still on the ground in Afghanistan, pass along their contact information and the administration will get in touch. So, yesterday they were trying to find out who was left. Today, they tell us they know exactly how many are left and how many want to leave..
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    ^Well, Biden is pretty stupid. If the US military manages to pull off a successful evacuation without leaving anyone behind, it will be despite Biden’s incompetence, not because of him.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    @mark Yesterday you said there were 11000 Americans left. Friday you said we have no idea how many are left. Were you lying then or are you lying now? @doc “ Well, Biden is pretty stupid. If the US military manages to pull off a successful evacuation without leaving anyone behind, it will be despite Biden’s incompetence, not because of him.” No argument from me.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    That should’ve been “TODAY you said we have no idea how many are left.”
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I don't think Biden's that stupid, he's obviously getting good military advice and right now appears to be succeeding, like I have said we really only know what they want us to know, we will know very soon if this operation was successful, if it is, all the pissing and moaning won't amount to a pot full of piss.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Anyone thinking Biden is doing a good job please pass some of whatever you are smoking to the rest of us here in reality. Completely surrendered to the Taliban, meekly asked for an extension they told him no so he slunk away like a coward. US Embassy publicly said they had lost faith in his ability to get US Ciitizens and allies out. British Parliament held him in comtempt the sure sign of him doing a great job. The Biden admin does not have an accurate count of Americans stranded in the country—or a plan to get them out. [view link] 600,000 weapons, 75,000 vehicles, 208 planes, Left behind All paid for by the American Tax payer. NBC’s Peter Alexander asked, “If the Americans are still in Afghanistan after the deadline, what will you do then?” The White House then proceeded to interrupt the audio feed from Biden’s response. It was unclear whether the maneuver was random or performed to prevent feed viewers from hearing comments outside the cuff. IF this is a successful Biden we should be really terrified of a Biden failure. Oh wait we have 8 months of them.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    What would you rather we increased the amount of troops in the country and go back to a shooting war, great idea we need more Americans to die to defend the Afghans that won't defend themselves sorry buddy we have spent enough time in country, let the folks whos land it is sort it out, we got Bin Laden that's what we went in there for.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    We need a lot more information before we can critique Biden. That will be there. But right now I think it really best to stay silent. SJG
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @SJG, of course more information will emerge, but I see a lot more ways things can go wrong for Biden than right. Even if he gets every American citizen out... ...China, Russia, and Iran will swing their nuts for years over this ...he has lost face with European allies, see above ...the Taliban are in possession of a treasure trove of American military hardware ...this happened during his presidency, not Trump's, and the "Trump planned this" won't fly when he's reversed dozens of major Trump policies already Liberal news outlets (like CNN) are savaging him for this. Some new polls have him double-digits underwater.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Again, more will come out, and we need this before we draw any conclusions about Biden. SJG
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ When you're down 35-3 at the end of the first half, a loss is much more likely than a win.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    ^ Tetra, the creep can't relate to football, you need to word it so he can relate to it. This should work.. when you sneak into the goat pen and 6 billy goats are facing you with their heads down you're not getting any ass
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The US embassy has just sent out an alert telling all Americans to avoid going to the Kabul airport because of a threat of violence. Anyone who is currently at the airport trying to enter the gates is advised to leave the airport immediately.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    What would you rather we increased the amount of troops in the country and go back to a shooting war, This is a false choice. There was a third choice that Biden ignored. Keep 2,500 troops at Bagram. Methodically and safely evacuate Americans, our NATO allies, then Afghan allies. After doing all that, remove or destroy all weapons and pull our2,500 troops out. This is the way all evacuations have taken place until now. It is beyond comprehension that Biden closed the base and surrendered weapons before evacuating civilians.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Incidentally, the embassy left behind a computer with records of every Afghan who worked for the US. It included their address and phone number. That computer is already in the hands of the Taliban.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    he's obviously getting good military advice The biggest change of the last few years is the exposure of ALL the experts in the federal government as frauds. Stupid ones, at that. CoVid. Afghanistan. The Southern Border. The economy. Fuck up after fuck up after fuck up.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Mark94, where is Bagram and would keeping Bagram open have done that would have helped? You've mentioned this a few times without explaining what it means for your argument.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Bagram is located 25 miles north of Kabul airport. Would have provided an additional runway for aircraft operations.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Bagram airbase is heavily fortified and heavily armed ( at least it was ) with two runways built with several feet of concrete depth. More importantly, it is surrounded by open fields where threats can be identified and targeted. The Kabul airport is in an urban area where one moron with a mortar tube can shut down the runway and make escape impossible. That’s the disaster scenario in a few days when the military decides to leave. Mortars start dropping, the runway is closed, and our troops become fish in a barrel.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Background on the biometric database now in Taliban hands [view link]
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    mark94 - your runway information is incorrect. One runway was deactivated. Source: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I wish our military experts would explain how we’d be able to run an evacuation of this size from a remote airfield 25 miles away from the people we are trying to evacuate Bagram isn’t really going to work If you have 2500 soldiers at Bagram how will you get the evacuees to the airplanes you still need another large group of GIs to go pick up these people busses and a whole new transportation division I think y’all really don’t have any real knowledge of the situation.
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    This thread is so much more fun to read than Fox, CNN, or Al Jezeera.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The United Kingdom and Western allies have warned they have credible intelligence of an “imminent” terror attack against Kabul airport, where thousands of people are crowded outside the gates in hope of catching a flight out. Speaking on Thursday morning, British Armed Forces Minister James Heappey told British television audiences that the “credibility” of the intelligence about what he described as an “imminent” and deadly terror suicide terror attack against the crowds at the Afghan airport was so strong that they had to take the decision to order them to disperse.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    mark94 - your runway information is incorrect. One runway was deactivated. The runway is a slab of concrete several feet thick. What would be involved in reactivating it ? Sprinkle holy water on it ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    A government watchdog group says the U.S. military is leaving behind 75,000 vehicles, 600,000 weapons and 208 aircraft in Afghanistan as forces evacuate the country after a 20-year war. We’ve made the Taliban into a major U.S. arms dealer for the next decade,” said Adam Andrzejewski, CEO of Open the Books. “They now control 75,000 military vehicles. This is about 50,000 tactical vehicles, 20,000 Humvees they control about 1,000 mine-resistant vehicles, and even about 150 armored personnel carriers.”
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Well it looks like that British intelligence report was correct. The Pentagon is now reporting a suicide bombing outside the airport.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    You keep bringing up the equipment we “left behind”. You do realize it was equipment that was provided by us to the Afghan army and was lost when they were defeated? Or is your argument that we shouldn’t have equipped the Afghan army and given them no ability to fight the taliban? I’ve lost track of your self contradictions.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reportedly, multiple explosions and small arms fire at both entrances to the Kabul airport.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    And the leader of the Taliban (I guess now the de facto leader of Afghanistan in general) is saying that after 20 years there is still ZERO evidence that Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11. These are the people the Biden administration continues to negotiate with and accept their "assurances" about safe transport of Americans and SIVs.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reports that US Troops have welded shut the gates to the Kabul airport. The evacuation is over, except for troops at the airport. There have been 2,498 US military deaths since the beginning of the war, twenty years ago. There are at least 2,500 US troops now at the Kabul airport with no way out if someone begins shelling the runway.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Afghan army had hand held surface to air missiles ( known as manpads ). These weapons are likely now in possession of the Taliban or ISIS. They can take down any aircraft departing Kabul, if they choose.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reports of multiple US military injured in the attack with at least one fatality.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The official State Department website is telling Americans in Kabul to not go to the airport. Instead, they are being told to fill out a form about their situation and submit it online.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reports that there were 100 Christian missionaries, along with 300 Afghan children in their care, who were ordered to leave Kabul airport last night by a two star general with the 82nd airborne. They were outside the gates of the airport when the explosion took place.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    @m94- What was make up of the 208 "aircraft" ? I suspect it's mostly helicopters. Cargo aircraft (C17 size) has enough fuel capacity to fly well outside of Afghanistan. I doubt US would leave behind some front line fighter aircraft. (Teen series and up).
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    British and German troops are no longer in Afghanistan. They evacuated in the last 24 hours.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Here’s a rough account of aircraft left behind. The most significant seems to be Blackhawk helicopters. Some outdated fighter jets. [view link]
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Now confirmed by Pentagon: FOUR US MARINES killed in that suicide bombing, in addition to the original three reported injured. 18 months without a US combat casualty and now this.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Correction: Everyone EXCEPT the Pentagon has confirmed four dead. They are holding back for some reason.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Words that didn’t hold up well. 25( 18 hours ago ): I don't think Biden's that stupid, he's obviously getting good military advice and right now appears to be succeeding,
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ just proves one thing you don’t give a shit about American lives, you’re all about politics you’re no patriot and it shows
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Now it's 10 US service members killed.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Terrible
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Like others on the left, 25 deeply believes that anyone who doesn’t agree with him is not a patriot. That’s part of the creed of the left. They believe they are smarter and more compassionate than those with other political beliefs. That lets them justify lying and cheating to maintain power. Clinton did that. Obama did that. And, now, Biden is doing that. Do or say whatever it takes to maintain power, including sacrificing American lives in Afghanistan.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    There are stories being told that this rapid timetable in Afghanistan is being driven by Biden’s desire to give a speech on September 11 taking credit for getting us out of Afghanistan. How’s that for patriotism ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I don’t know whether that story about Biden’s Sept 11 speech is true. We’ll probably never know. But, it’s the only plausible explanation I’ve heard for why we suddenly closed Bagram and pulled out our troops before evacuating American citizens. No other explanation makes sense.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Mark you really like to spin shit, your narrative is anyone that doesn't join in with you is a lefty, you are a fucking fool, to say the least. Americans pull together when there's a fight against outsiders, we did it for bush, we did it for Bush and that's the way it's been up until your guy came along and made everything partisan, vaccines, football, and all other kinds of shit, now there's nothing sacred, you bring politics into everything, for example mask's are an infringement of your freedom, tell me how much better your hero's can do, I genuinely don't care as far as I'm concerned we are as war, Biden for better or worse is the president, don't like him work your ass off to get someone else elected, meanwhile American soldiers are dying in both of our names, so shut the fuck up, pitch in or get the fuck out of the way. This chapter will be over not soon enough then we can figure out how to fix things right now we are in the foxhole with bullets coming inour direction if you ain't the calvary move aside,
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @25, none of us are high government officials, and unlikely to be in the military, so asking a bunch of strip clubbers to do something about it comes off as snide. No one wants Biden to fail, the humanitarian and foreign policy consequences are too great. But fact is, Biden owns this, and a lot of negative consequences are directly traceable to his actions. Even liberal sites like CNN and Politico are raking him over the coals. I wouldn't die on this hill.
  • ChesterCheetah
    3 years ago
    Worst debacle in American history. Colossal failure of leadership. RIP to all the patriots and innocents lost. None of this is going to end well I foresee. This is what’s important today not talking about having sex with strippers.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon Hell man I don't disagree with you, but there's nothing to be gained by a Mark coming up here with his built in schadenfreude, all smug about GI's in a war zone getting killed and maimed, quite a few here have served under different circumstances, I guarantee there will be a reckoning when this is over, but until it is, we need to allow the folks whom were elected handle things, I get hot under the collar because some here would make walking a dog into a political fight. Ask Mark about the fraudit that was supposed to be declared last week, or about how all the fakery around the vaccine, or how masks infringe on your freedom, it gets tiresome they think I care that they call common sense leftist, or equate middle of the road positions with sicialism This jackass is trolling the same as Icee and you know it as well as any normal thinking person here.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    12 dead 15 injured of our service men. Heartbreaking.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    The current status? FUBAR. Biden is seriously guilty of dereliction of duty. If congress had a backbone, or maybe if just Kamala were not VP, they would invoke the 25th amendment and remove Biden from office. The 25th amendment is actually meant to be invoked by the VP and Executive Cabinet, but they planned this mess in Afghanistan and are just as confounded and in denial of reality as demented, creepy, lyin' Uncle Joe. It is so bad, and so blatantly out-of-control, that a coup or revolution would almost be better. This entire administration is in way over their head. I am not looking forward to watching the next three years unfold. They are even more corrupt, dishonest, and incompetent than Obama's admin - and they're mostly the same guys!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The facts will be coming out. It was not just Biden. “An Inquiry Needs to Take Place”: Jeremy Corbyn on Afghanistan & Preventing the Next War [view link] I like Jeremy Corbyn. I do not like Tony Blair SJG ERIC CLAPTON & PETER FRAMPTON - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Biden administration has, on purpose, provided the Taliban a list of every American and every Afghan friendly it is aware of. It did this because the Taliban promised to facilitate getting them to the airport. Would anyone care to weigh in on the wisdom of this decision ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Here’s the link [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Thanks for the link mark. I do think that for right now we do need to let our elected President and his people handle this. Afterwards though, there needs to be a comprehensive investigation and appraisal. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    “… And the leader of the Taliban (I guess now the de facto leader of Afghanistan in general) is saying that after 20 years there is still ZERO evidence that Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11 …” I'm sure Twitter banned him ASAP (sarcasm)
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    After that speech from Biden, the Taliban must be laughing their asses off.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Newshour Aug 26, 2021, leading with Afghanistan, multiple suicide bombings at airport, 12 US servicemen killed. Biden has promised reprisals against ISIS. [view link] SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    “… This entire administration is in way over their head. I am not looking forward to watching the next three years unfold. They are even more corrupt, dishonest, and incompetent than Obama's admin - and they're mostly the same guys …” I wouldn’t be surprised if Obama is behind all this shit going-on and the turn this country has taken – no doubt all this CRT, the southern border, Afghanistan, the war on cops and our military, “the great reset”, massive spending, etc etc, all this looks somehow coordinated as one huge coop against our country. Obama is the only president I know off to take residence in Washington DC after his term was over where he bought an $8 million mansion 2 miles from the White House (AFAIK most presidents go back to where they are from or set root far from DC after their term is over). In addition there was this interview where Obama was joking about a 3rd-term but perhaps he was unwittingly letting out his true thoughts/desires when he said: “… If I could make an arrangement where I had a stand-in, a frontman or frontwoman, and they had an earpiece in and I was just in my basement in my sweats looking through the stuff, then I could sort of deliver the lines but somebody else was doing all the talking and ceremony, then I'd be fine with that …” [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Biden was touting the Afghan's army capabilities - based on this video I guess one would be impressed by their capabilities: [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This is unfolding hourly, but there is still so much we do not know. I think we just have to hold our breaths and let this play out. Then after, the facts will come out and we can appraise Biden and all of his predecessors. SJG
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Biden made sure to mention that ISIS is the "enemy" of the Taliban. What a stupid comment. It's like saying America is the enemy of Canada because we may have a few political differences.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Trump really fucked up in pulling our troops off of that spot on the Turkey - Syria border. Even Lindsey Graham seemed speechless. Trump was mocking the Khan family, who had lost a son while he was serving in our Army. [view link] Trump responds [view link] Afghanistan is an ongoing crisis, and it will still take time for all of the facts to come out. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Part of me wonders if the Dems feel they can do anything and not worry about the consequences b/c the majority of the media (along w/ social-media and big-business) will cover for them. I also think they feel they can do anything no-matter the consequences and still “win” (read steal/rig) elections and stay in power – below is a vid of the AZ state senator leading the 2020 election forensic audit where she states how the Dems have tried to block the election audit at every turn – in my mind I think the Dems only chance of staying in power beyond 2022 is if they can rig the elections as they did in 2020 and why they are fighting every audit there is and every type of voting-integrity legislation: [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Well certainly the images coming back from Afghanistan to not look good. But I think when things finally settle down, it might look different, just need to wait and see. SJG Lady Love (2007 Remaster) [view link]
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    This is for all of the illiterate and demented liberal jackasses on this site who call anyone who disagrees with them a "Nazi". You can always get a job with Vice News. Rep. Crenshaw blasts Vice News for tweet claiming many U.S. Marines are 'Neo-Nazis' [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Taliban have released a video showing a warehouse of weapons left behind. As bonus footage, there is literally a pallet of stacks of hundred dollar bills. Your tax dollars at work. [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “Biden made sure to mention that ISIS is the "enemy" of the Taliban.” And yet, one of the first things the Taliban did was release hundreds of ISIS prisoners from jail. Would they do that for an enemy ?
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Gammanu - if we had to rely on any of these pussies who go around calling our soldiers and cops “Nazis” to fight Nazi Germany, we’d all be writing messages on this forum in German right now.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Special Ops veterans and the secret mission that saved hundreds of Afghan allies [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Stephen Miller, a former staffer and speechwriter for former President Donald Trump, told Fox News host Jesse Watters on Thursday that the “vast majority” of the incoming tens of thousands of Afghan refugees have “rendered no meaningful assistance” to U.S. forces.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Demographic changes are what the left call it, as we continue on our journey to Zimbabwe.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Democrat congressman Seth Moulton visited Kabul a few days ago. This is his assessment: “The thing that everybody needs to understand, even if you completely agree with the Biden administration’s decision to withdraw, the way they have handled this has been a total fucking disaster,” said Moulton, who traveled to the country with Republican representative from Michigan, Peter Meijer. “It will be measured in bodies, because a lot of people are dying because they can’t get out.”
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    To believe this is either a disaster - or a work of genius, that's just a matter of perspective. If the goal was to import tens of thousands of non-English speaking migrants that have even less going for them than the illegals overflowing our southern border, then Biden's plan was absolutely brilliant and executed perfectly. There can be no question about their refugee status - for fuck's sake we rescued them from near certain death and brought them here at our own expense. They will be on the fast-track to citizenship, voting rights and welfare support in a matter of months. And from what I've read in several different reports, despite the 10+ hours of debarkation delays at the Dulles airport due to "processing" time, screening for Covid is not part of the process.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    A military expert explains, in detail, the bad decisions that were made, who made them, and why [view link]
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    So they have "evacuated" 105,000 people, and yet there are still American citizens of the original 4,400 remaining? Who the fuck are these other 101,600 Afghan translators that have been evac'ed? How can any of you tools possibly defend this utter incompetence?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The 101,600 are mostly the Afghans that the Taliban allowed into the airport through their checkpoints. Reflect on that. We are bringing 100,000 Afghanis into America who were hand selected by the Taliban for that purpose. Any chance there are a few jihadis among that group ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Afghan “refugees” in Europe are responsible for a surge in crime, especially rape. [view link]
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    I'm in Afghanistan right now. AMA
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    “Mayhem”: Chaotic Scenes at Kabul Airport as Suicide Bombs Kill 110+ Afghans & U.S. Troops [view link] Who Is ISIS-K? Anti-Taliban, Anti-U.S. Terror Group Claims Responsibility for Kabul Suicide Bombs [view link] Ex-Pence Aide: Stephen Miller’s “Racist Hysteria” Made It Harder for Afghan Allies to Get Visas [view link] Psaki: U.S. Troops Still In Danger in Kabul as Drawdown Continues [view link] ISIS May Target People Injured In Kabul Airport Attack [view link] Pentagon Confirms Only One Suicide Bomber In Kabul Airport Attack [view link] People wait for flights in Kabul, day after blasts [view link] SJG Rock Ballads 70s 80s, 90s [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Latest report from Kabul. The Taliban have control over the airport. No more commercial flights will be allowed. No more civilians, Afghan or Americans, will be allowed out. All American troops will leave by Sunday, assuming the Taliban doesn’t stop them.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Please show us any links you have for this, and lets follow it as it developes. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    PBS Newshour August 27, 2021 [view link] WATCH LIVE: Pentagon spokesman Kirby, Army Gen. Taylor hold briefing following deadly Kabul bombings, streamed 7 hours ago [view link] WATCH LIVE: Pentagon Spokesperson John Kirby and Air Force Commander Glen VanHerck hold briefing streamed 2 hours ago [view link] US death toll from the suicide bomber increased to 13 Just starting now. 13 US service deaths, at least 169 Afghan civilian deaths. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ says people can't get out through that airport anymore, certainly not Afghans. Some trying to get out overland, but even this is being shut down by the Taliban. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Big Media's Coverage Of Afghanistan Could Star a War [view link] Pestilence At The Pulpit: Priests' Deadly COVID Vaccine Lie Exposed [view link] Is Ted Cruz the Chief Dildo Cop? [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    New York Times columnist David Brooks and Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart join Amna Nawaz to discuss the week in politics, including the bombings in Kabul, Afghanistan that killed U.S. service members, the commission investigating the Jan. 6 riot, and voting rights legislation. Aug 27, 2021 [view link] SJG
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    From the Boston Tea Party to the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and now Afghanistan, some Americans keep manufacturing conflict and wars for the financial benefit of the one percent. It is in the DNA The United States of America. It’s never been about left vs right. More like 0.1% of Americans tricking the rest of us and the world, into fighting among ourselves while they rob us blind...
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    W. R. Heast started the Spanish American War
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Emotional video from an active duty marine Colonel. He was relieved of command shortly after being published [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    US special operations vets carry out daring mission to save Afghan allies 8/27/2021 [view link] 'He does not want them to live on the earth anymore': Psaki clarifies Biden's ISIS-K threat 8/27/2021 [view link] SJG White Bird [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Pineapple Express [view link] IS-K militants killed by drone strike in Afghanistan, US says - BBC News [view link] UK has not forgotten those who still need to leave Afghanistan, says ambassador [view link] Pentagon holds press briefing on Afghanistan [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    US airstrike kills ISIS members in Afghanistan [view link] Evacuees from Afghanistan arrive in Virginia [view link] SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'd like to welcome everyone to SJG's newest hijacked thread...
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Ishmael, we need to do something about your head. The feces pressure inside of it must be building, to the point where it could explode. We need to drill some pressure relief holes, and drill them right way. ************************************************** NY Times, 9 min ago [view link] SJG PROCOL HARUM - A Whiter Shade of Pale [view link] Pentangle - Let No Man Steal Your Thyme (1968) [view link]
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    ^^^ I know that you're trying for some version of clever and/or threatening, but it's just so awkwardly worded and weird. It's almost like you're an autistic/Asperger's guy who relies on the public libraries for his internet access and has delusions of grandeur about his continued "efforts" to start a creepy sex slave cult, but has never actually seen a vagina. But in the years-long meantime, he hijacks threads on a strip club website with his many shades of crazy. It's almost like that...
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Ishmael, yes we need to drill those pressure relief holes in you skull. ******************************************************************** US strikes back at Islamic State, Indian Television [view link] SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yeah ... just so awkward.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Ishmael, I wouldn't just let you suffer. If you come around me, I'll drill 3 holes in your head right off. ******************************************* ISIS Attack Recognized Early As Inherent Risk Of Afghanistan Evacuation Mission [view link] SJG Ne-Yo - Because Of You (Official Music Video) [view link]
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    No, you really wouldn't, regardless of my proximity to you. And though I believe you could be legitimately some form of threat to those around you, you're really not the sort of dangerous that you imagine yourself to be. Perhaps the saving grace here is that you're such a low-functioning fuckwit. I mean, you couldn't figure out your own internet connection in Silicon Valley during the Covid-19 shutdowns. If you were actually as clever as you think you are, then you'd be a real problem, and not this website's creepy court jester. But you're not.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Ishmael, 3 holes in your head. That would solve your problem. If I can't make you sit still for the drilling, then I could just punch them in your skull. ******************* About drone strike evacuation mission [view link] SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yep, you're working so hard for threatening, but only putting out creepy awkward. So, when the librarians have to chase you away from a computer kiosk at the end of their day, do they used a spray bottle filled with straight tap water, or is mixture of water with something like ammonia or vinegar?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No problem Ishamel, punching three holes in your skull, to let some of the feces out. ******************************** Pentagon, Taliban claim to control Kabul airport | Afghanistan News | Latest Updates [view link]
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Got it. I understand. You're in one of your behavioral loops and it's Rain-Man important for you to get the last post on this. Fine. I'll let your creepy crazy fuck off for now.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Ishmael, those 3 holes punched in your skull, like say with an ice pick, they would make life so much easier for you. *********************************** President Biden Warns of Another Attack in Afghanistan [view link] SJG
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reports from 2 sources that US soldiers have been turning away US Citizens at the gates of Kabul airport for the last 24 hours. [view link]
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I might have to take back all the stuff I've said about Biden being a ball-less coward. He actually went to Dover Air Force Base and met face to face with the families of our fallen soldiers that are all dead because of him and his feckless leadership. That takes real balls.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    His presence there is an insult to those soldiers and their grieving families.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Source is highly questionable, and just now they stated there are only 250 Americans that want to leave, remaining.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Rea l balls to go with protection to apologize to grieving people? He's the consoler in Chief with an emphasis on "Con". SJG is funny - nothing better than the typical, impotent left-wing pussy blathering on. Go do a drive by like the democratic base does daily in Chicago. Manly ...for you.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “Source is highly questionable” One source is a US Congressman. The other was a 15 year foreign reporter with CBS. But, no, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, and WaPo have not covered the story. So, in your world, no credible sources have reported.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Neither has Fox, the BBC, nor any of dozens of reliable sources you have a bad habit of posting false shit, even when there’s enough true stuff that is available Tell us Mark where are the results of the Arizona audit? And so many other false narratives that you subscribe to.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    The Article Mark posted said " Some reports indicate that as many as 350 Americans remain stranded in Kabul. The true number could be far higher." 25.... are you really arguing over a difference of 100 people? or did you not bother to read the report?, just attacked it because it does not fit your view of the world. You can claim being a moderate only so long but the more you defend Biden the more your true colors show
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Daddilac No the point was he said that soldiers weren't allowing US passports into the airport that is patently untrue, just like his original statement that 15,000 plus US citizens were trapped in country, factually they have evacuated approx. 55oo US citizens with about 250 left, and my actual understanding is marines and special operators have been risking their lives to gather as many of those stranded folks as they can find and bring them to the airport, point isn't about the numbers it is about actual disinformation, they are getting these people in, not as Mark stated keeping them out, BTW are you aware that our military used a drone to take out a vehicle and two would be suicide attackers today.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    They WERE getting them in. And, by they, I mean private citizens and UK troops circumventing Biden’s refusal to allow US soldiers to leave the airport. Even this has stopped in the last 24 hours.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    All these daring rescues are fine and dandy, but the captain of the Titanic doesn't get credit for getting people into lifeboats. Biden and his executive team own this, and the consequences we will experience for decades.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    I hope they have lots of lifeboats. [view link] The US told citizens to ‘immediately’ leave the airport amid reports around 1,000 civilians remain to be flown out Guardian staff with agencies Sun 29 Aug 2021 01.22 EDT Buy you know he lost a son so feel bad for him, he likes to look for sympathy because he fucked up so bad. Biden, Blinken, and the intel and military agencies that allowed this all need to be jailed. What an utter disgrace on the world stage.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    We need a purge in the Military, Intel Agencies, DOJ, FBI, etc. Fire the top 3 layers of management. Every General. Promote the Colonels who haven’t been infected with wokeness, if there still are any.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    @25.... cite your sources so that what you say is more than just your own ramblings You may not agree with the report that Mark posted but merely stating that it is wrong is not sufficient.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    And to answer your question about the Arizona Audit [view link] The final results have not been released so how do you "know" that it is a false narrative... Did you get an advanced copy of the results? Yes I saw that the white house has reported a drone strike... Do you have the footage of it or know what in specific they took out?
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    Finally I hate Joe Biden every bit as much or more than you hate Trump... So I will give Biden every bit as much of a chance as you gave Trump... That seems fair
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Dad That's fine with me, there's more than enough true stuff out there to slam him with, but making up stuff or repeating unverified mainly untrue stuff isn't necessary. The results are more than two weeks past due, seems to me that they didn't like the results they got so they buried it, but you could fairly rebut my statement as I have no proof of that, but that's my bet.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The audit has taken this long because Maricopa officials have refused to cooperate from day one. They only released the ballots, after a lengthy court battle, because the judge said they had to. Even so, they are still withholding information in defiance of the court. Now, their pre-rebuttal of audit results is to criticize how long it has taken. Also, they criticize the auditors because they took a while to understand the data dump Maricopa did. A portion of the audit report was delivered to the Senate President last week. The remainder will be delivered soon. Let me summarize what 25 will say when results are made public. “ The source is highly questionable”.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @mark94 There are now about 230 posts on this thread and it's taking forever to load a page. Might be time for another refresh.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... Biden, Blinken, and the intel and military agencies that allowed this all need to be jailed. What an utter disgrace on the world stage ..." Hey - at least they deserve credit for their war on "white rage" - I mean look at all the terrorist-attacks done by "white ragers" and all the women and children they've killed - they definitely have their eye on the ball and on "the biggest threats to our nation"; even bigger than China and Muslim extremism.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    @25... everytime you rebut things without proof you are " but making up stuff or repeating unverified mainly untrue stuff isn't necessary." I'm not saying you are wrong... I do believe you are wrong. You and I have had respectful disagreemnents over situations in the past because I respect you as a man even if we have different opinions. You really need to cite your sources if you want to influence anything.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    There are now about 230 posts on this thread and it's taking forever to load a page. Might be time for another refresh. I was going to wait until our troops were out. That seems like a natural breakpoint for resetting the discussion. I’m guessing that will be in the next 48 hours.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    More incompetence and bad judgement from the Biden administration. Kamala Harris visited Vietnam this week and in an apparent faux pas she laid flowers at a site that celebrated the shooting down of pilot, and late Sen. John McCain. Apparently, Harris mistook the site that celebrated the Vietnamese civilians who captured McCain and handed him over to the communist government as their prisoner, for a memorial to the late senator.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    While we’ve been pouring billions into Afghanistan over the last 20 years, China has managed a massive increase in the quality and quantity of its nuclear Arsenal. [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reports that 7 buses loaded with American women were refused entrance to the airport by US troops. Story is confirmed by a US Congresman and by Michael Yon, probably the top war correspondent alive today. Women subsequently taken by the Taliban. Fear they are dead. [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Reports from Politico that, despite information about an imminent massive attack, the Kabul Abbey Gates remained open, resulting in over 200 casualties including 13 dead US military. [view link]
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The Washington Post reports that Taliban offered to stay out of Kabul and let US forces secure the city. We told them we only needed the airport. We could have controlled the airport and Kabul and evacuated everyone but chose not to. The incompetence is stunning.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    On Monday, CNN reported that nine members of one family, including six children, were killed in a U.S. drone strike. The youngest killed was a two-year-old girl. According to a surviving family member, they were not connected to ISIS or any terror groups. “We are not ISIS or Daesh and this was a family home — where my brothers lived with their families.” “All the neighbors tried to help and brought water to put out the fire and I saw that there were five or six people dead,” a neighbor of the family told CNN. “The father of the family and another young boy and there were two children. They were dead. They were in pieces. There were [also] two wounded.” “Not much is left of their house and nothing can be recognized, they are in pieces,” another neighbor told CNN. The Biden administration has claimed that two high-profile ISIS-K targets were killed in a recent strike, but have refused to release their names.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    More information on 400 Americans reportedly refused entry by US military to the Kabul airport [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    U.S. Winds Down Afghanistan Occupation Like It Began, with Drone Strikes & Civilian Casualties [view link] Coming soon to Massage Parlors, Hostess Dancing, and Strip Clubs near you. [view link] SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    ^^^ It must really make you crazy(er) that the library is closed on Sunday.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    America has left Afghanistan hope and pray no more lives of our device people are harmed Thank god it’s over now y’all can bitch about the way it was handled and see how it gets resolved
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Pole dancing class in Milpitas [view link] SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion