tuscl

Traveling Out of the Country, By Plane. Thoughts?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
As the summer progresses how do you guys, gals, non-binary and goats feel about traveling out of the country by plane?

I personally only have one reservation and that’s the test you take before you come back into the US. Any hiccups there and you’re stuck where ever you are for another week or two. It takes an act of god for me to be able to take 5 consecutive days off of work to begin with and being stuck somewhere for 2 weeks would be very complex for me to deal with.

I have a friend recently that travelled out of the country and the resort he was staying at contacted the local government and they set up the appointment and test to clear him for return to the USA. I think this was taken 2 days before his departure and it took about an hour out of his day. I believe he had to travel somewhere locally to get the test. This was not Mexico BTW.

19 comments

• Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    US border protection isn’t advertising it but if you are a US citizen they will not prevent you from returning to the US. If the country you are in lets you get on the plane, you’ll be allowed to land in the US. I don’t plan to test that information if I don’t have to but it’s some additional comfort traveling outside the US.
  • booji boy
    3 years ago
    Every tourist destination is pretty much equipped for this, so it's just a matter of planning ahead for it. A lot of resorts have set up onsite testing, and some airlines even have partnerships in place with local labs to make getting an appointment easier and even getting a discount on the test. They want your business back, so they're not going to make it harder than it needs to be. :-)
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    Most of the countries that I would want to visit still have rather rigorous restrictions on visiting, vaccinated or not. Thailand, for instance, requires 10 day quarantine, it's setup that you leave the airport and are taken straight to the hotel (that is part of the government's program) you've made reservations at, and don't leave your room for 10 days.
    The only way I'm doing that is if allowed visitors...
    Some other countries are doing similar.
    Returning, I don't think the US has any legal methods to prevent a citizen from returning, but I've read they can confine you to quarantine for public health reasons when crossing the border, though throughout this shit storm have never done that. The airline could have separate requirements.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Does it have to be a plane? I hear SJG is renting out his goat for FRMOS day trips to TJ. He's saving up for a TUSCL VIP membership.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Hey, worst case just fly into Mexico and wade across the river. Problem solved.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I personally would not travel out of the US with a goat right now. But that might be just me.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Unless I really have to, 2021 won't be the year of international travel for me. I'm going to let the planet settle into the new normal, what ever that winds up being.

I'm still a bit nervous about being in a country when they have some sort of massive outbreak and suddenly all the rules change. There are a lot of nice places in the U.S. that I haven't visited yet.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    For the record I was planning on going somewhere in the Caribbean. The only restrictions I know of down there is there’s a 9pm curfew on the beach, that’s it. Most restaurants and open air dining anyway, and I would be staying in a timeshare that there’s not very many people around in normal times.

Maybe I’ll just go to Floriduh instead and hang with Rick and 25. I could be a referee between the two.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    It beats walking
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I might have sometime off this summer but yeah I just don’t want to deal with different rule sets if I did some kind of European tour as cool as it would be. I might stay stateside this year too.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Here's another thing to keep in mind. Other countries are likely to keep greater restrictions in place through part or all of 2021. Depends on where you're going, obviously. But a lot of the attractions, events, and activities may still be limited or shut down (be they TUSCL related or not).
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    I'm fully vaccinated. I booked a trip to California in June and a trip out of the country in August. I think it will be fine.
  • Garfield84
    3 years ago
    @jacklash. What country?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I wouldn't do it yet. Not worth the risk. Id rather travel when it's safe and I can enjoy everything
  • mjx01
    3 years ago
    I briefly entertained the idea of travel abroad, but the test to return back to US makes it too much of a hassle imo, and my bucket list destination is sill on lock down. :( Going to stick to domestic travel this summer and cross my finger that international is functional by the end of the year.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Is staying at jackslashs house while clubbing in Detroit considered an exotic vacation?
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    I doubt I would do any international flights simply because of the hassle and possible delays to reentry. I have no problem with domestic flights and I would consider the idea of international if I could get 2 consecutive weeks off worm and only planned to travel for the first 7 days to give myself extra time incase of a quarantine during my reentry plans.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    @shailynn only if he leaves you one of his internationally renowned lasagnas to enjoy during your stay.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    "I personally only have one reservation..."

One reservation is all you should need to get on the plane!😷😉😎
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion