tuscl

Favorite classic automobile.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, February 21, 2021 9:52 PM
If you could own one of the classic cars, which one would it be? For me it would be the candy apple red 1957 Ford Thunderbird shown in this movie clip from "Good luck Chuck". [view link]

26 comments

• datinman
    3 years ago
    1959 BMW 507 [view link]
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    1954 Mercedes SL 300 Gullwing [view link]
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    [view link] ^^^ my dream truck!
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    1970 Dodge Challenger: [view link] [view link]
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Not sure. Narrowed down to one of these 3 Chevy choices. The ‘57 Chevy Bel Aur coupe, the ‘63 Chevy Impala, or the ‘72 Chevy Monte Carlo. All have posit-traction that made it fun to drive in the snow or dirt. You wouldn’t dream of doing that with them as classics, but those cars were abundant back in the day.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Probably a different answer tomorrow, but I'll go '82 Trans Am from Knight Rider [view link]
  • rick_the_cheesestick
    3 years ago
    I’m not sure if it’s a classic but a Chevy Citation is what Rick uses as a daily driver and if any of the Rick family touches anything, it’s automatically cool. [view link]
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I remember a car from the 70’s that was very cool. It was a Pontiac LeMans. I don’t remember the engine size - but it would haul ass. A neighbor had one in a silver color with dark red vinyl seats. That was a sweet looking car. It looked great in my neighbor’s driveway until it was stolen. Then my neighbor bought a Dodge Omni - and the view sucked.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    1971 Hemi 'Cuda Convertible [view link]
  • founder
    3 years ago
    '66 mustang.
  • Musterd21
    3 years ago
    I with founder 66 Mustang Silverblue
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    My initial inclination is the Aston Martin that 007 drove in "Goldfinger", gizmos and all. However there are 2 Corvette roadsters that I'd like for my roadster itch: 1) The red & white 1959 Corvette that "Otter" drove in the Animal House movie classic. I'll take Mandy and Babs (the later was a Playboy Playmate), but punt on the knuckle sandwich from the Delta bros. 2) The red 1964 Corvette that William Hurt drove. I'd definitely take the 1981 vintage Kathleen Turner with it.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    Addendum- the subject '64 Vette was in the movie "Body Heat."
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    this was mine [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Not much into the old stuff The only old car I have an attraction to is the '79 6.6L Transam - '79 was the year I came from Cuba and the TAs were very popular back-then and I thought it was a sexy/cool car - coming from Cuba at that time (no internet; no foreigners; etc) meant everything in the U.S. was completely new to me (simple things like a shopping-cart; Coca Cola; etc; I had never seen b/f nor knew existed) so just about everything in the U.S. was exciting for me (and my brother) and brand-new - the movie "Smokey and the Bandit" def added to the TA's cool factor for me: [view link]
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    White 1986 Ferrari Testarossa . The Miami Vice Car. [view link]
  • Cristobal
    3 years ago
    For me, my Classic cars would be from the 80-90s. I grew up loving the 89 Nissan 240SX and the 89 Toyota Supra. Honorable mention: 90 Ford Mustang GT and 90 BMW 320i
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    The original “Eleanor" a 1973 Ford Mustang Sportsroof featured in the original 1974 film Gone in 60 Seconds. [view link] And the convertible Mach1 version [view link]
  • bman66
    3 years ago
    69 Camaro or 66 mustang fastback
  • sinclair
    3 years ago
    1969 Boss 429 Mustang or 1968 Pontiac GTO
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    '63 Corvette Stingray coupe for me. That split rear window was way cool. Now, if you guys are willing to go back a bit further, then either a '37 Cord or a '37 Duesenberg would do me nicely! Any of the above would be babe magnets.😎
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    1949 Mercury [view link]
  • lotsoffun201
    3 years ago
    I’ll have to go with the Hemi Cuda convertible in plum crazy purple with the white interior.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    Never been much of a car guy, but of what I've owned, a '59 Chevy Bel Air 4 door was a sweet smooth ride. Of the cars I've ridden in, either the '59 Corvette a neighbor guy had, or the 68 Corvette (w/ the L88 motor). The '68 was hopped up (even more over stock) and brutally fast. I spent about 1 second in it going over 3 miles a minute.
  • Conundrum
    3 years ago
    Still dreaming of a 1973 Ford Falcon XB Black on Black Pursuit Special ..
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    A 1914 Stutz Bearcat
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion