tuscl

Dwayne Haskins released by Washington

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Not a good week, "a week that also included him getting fined $40,000 and losing his captaincy for partying with strippers without a mask in violation of the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols"

https://nypost.com/2020/12/28/dwayne-has…

15 comments

• mark94
    4 years ago
    With the expected reduction in the cap for 2021, there is going to be a lot of house cleaning in coming weeks.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Feels like there is more to this story. I mean, a #15 overall pick getting dropped in year 2. It's not about money, at 4.3 over two years his salary quite reasonable even for a backup QB. Doesn't feel like its worthy of cutting a guy in week 16 on a team that's honestly in the playoff hunt.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Keep reading that his effort is minimal in practice and they are sick of it.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    If you have yet to see/hear Booger McFarland's take on this guy on espn you are truly missing out. He compared him to Jamarcus Russell and it got worse after that. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Mister McFarland; you sure made my upcoming year better.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    Oy. Jamarcus Russell, the gold standard of QB busts. Just about the last person a player would want to be compared to.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    When a player is really good there's a lot he can get away with. When a player sucks as bad as Haskins has this season, not so much.
  • TJ Walker
    4 years ago
    Were those lapdances worth it for him? Should have gone to the private brothel instead.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Booger went way beyond Jamarcus. If Icee saw it he'd still be crying.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    jamarcus didn't seem to appear to me to be too concerned about building his own brand. he got paid and just seemed to want to be left alone with his weed.

just not too long ago the ny giants gm gettleman was getting shit from critics and fans for picking danny dimes over haskins. instead of agreeing with that pack i used common sense and figured gettleman had a good track record of drafting players other than quarterback. i'm not going to value the opinion of those vs a guy who is a certified professional gm. just goes to show how much fans and these so called experts/media know.

i always thought that before establishing your "brand" you had to be good as a player first.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    This must be what Skibum was talking about.

https://youtu.be/rrN2Fsmz9tQ
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    If I owned a team, McFarland would be my GM. He’s asking exactly the right question. What drives a player? Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel and now, Dwayne Haskins. Their motivation to be successful in the NFL, or lack thereof, became evident very quickly. It’s amazing that their teams couldn’t see it coming.

Sure, some guys seem like question marks. The guy sitting next to McFarland is one example. Randy Moss had his own maturity issues. But he never lacked the motivation to be a great player. Unlike the aforementioned QB busts. It’s worth taking a chance on a young man who needs to grow up. It’s a waste of time taking a chance on one who has no interest in doing so.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @TJWalker from the photos of his after the strip club it looks like he DID have his own private brothel in a high rise condo. It was like 5 different girls, I bet he plowed each and every one of them. Or at least 3 lol.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Randy Moss also loved football. That made/makes him different. Moss' love of football is why he ended up on the Patriots, despite appearing to not match the culture.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    If you're the last regime's guy, you've got a target on your back under the best of circumstances. This guy, taking selfies while he should be on the field, showing up with a shitty attitude, and violating team quarantine rules with strippers, did himself fewer than no favors.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    how often does a quarterback get cut before a game that decides who will get to the playoffs?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion