tuscl

Thot Exercise šŸ¤”

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:51 PM
So it looks like Twitter is allowing employees to work from home permanently. I can see this continuing and it seems like a precedent is going to be set. [view link] ...So I have been toying around with the possibility of doing a double dip. I can show up at the club and be around for the easygoing customers to come find me. And then spend the remaining lull moments doing office work instead of trying to pull teeth with the higher maintenance patrons. What, realistically, would be good enough? Preferably a cell phone. Or at most, a small iPad/Microsoft Surface with a separate physical keyboard attached to it. Any good career suggestions? Or am I being unrealistic and should just have a home office and keep the two completely separate? I have already been reading up on one popular freelance field, but havenā€™t actually made the plunge. Iā€™m open to more suggestionsā€”whether freelance gig type of stuff or actual employee jobs. Iā€™m willing to take on and self-study any skill that would enable that. Serious replies would be preferred. šŸ˜

43 comments

• Huntsman
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Serious replies on tuscl? Seriously?
  • nicespice
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    It happens a solid ~15% of the time
  • Huntsman
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    But seriously, with the right side gig, why not? As you know, there are busy and productive times and down times. As long as youā€™re an independent contractor, might as well try it.
  • MalakingDog
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    This is going to sound overly critical, but here goes. Basically you are thinking of doing two jobs half assed at the same time. I don't know what your background is but work ethic really does go a long way no matter what tasks you are performing. I don't see how this solution benefits you in the long run. If truly looking for a "career", you won't go far with working from a cell phone or Ipad.
  • shailynn
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Hmmm sounds complicated. What if you have a task on your "Surface" that needs to be completed immediately and you also have a "regular" customer show up at the same time? I would imagine most management wouldn't want you sitting there cranking out TPS Reports in the middle of the club on. Juice multi-tasked by trying to eat chackin fangers while doing VIP and we all know how that turned out. They're still cleaning off the BBQ sauce on the ceiling 6 months later.
  • wallanon
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I would try the least expensive "big" phone you can find.
  • Michigan
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Most companies will fire you for working another job on their time.
  • Cashman1234
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Itā€™s a nice idea, but it could backfire if your non-club employer finds out. Companies are concerned about their data getting out. If you plan to use club wifi - itā€™s going to be an issue if your non-club employer discovers it.
  • booji boy
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I agree with shailynn... time management would be key if you want to make this work or else you're spending a significant amount of time resolving time conflicts between the two. As far as equipment goes, I have a Samsung Note9 plus a small folding stand and a folding bluetooth keyboard with a touchpad. You probably want something similar if you're going to take it into a club -- something small enough that you can stow it in a small bag rather than leaving it in a locker where it might get swiped, and portable enough that you can switch between the two jobs with a minimum of fuss. OTOH, a small tablet will be much easier on your eyes if that's a consideration. Cashman's concern is valid, too, but you can get around that by investing in a decent VPN app or upgrading your data plan and working via the cell network.
  • gammanu95
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    You can use a VPN to keep your non-club work private; but what club manager is going to let you work on a laptop when your job at the club is to work all patrons- easy-going AND lull moments with high maintenance customers. My advice is to keep the two separate.
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Any job worth having will require phone call (quiet) and some periods of serious concentration (also quiet) and any club Iā€™ve ever been in has none of that. Maybe you can get something like editing or writing but they will still require serious chunks of alone time. I for one think companies will swing away from working remotely once they have their options back and they realize how much productivity is hurt by it.
  • MackTruck
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Good idea! I am going to start writing shit truck stories on my lapperz topperz while driving! Miltitasking is da best!!!
  • nicespice
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    1. I donā€™t know what classy joints you guys attend, but at the clubs Iā€™ve been at, generally the clubs donā€™t even offer WiFi as an option. Everything would indeed rely on data. 2. Also, most clubs Iā€™ve worked at, Iā€™ve been able to get away with being the crabby dancer in the corner and on the phone ignoring customers. Frankly, most clubs seemed designed to collect as much house fees as possible and let all the dancers duke it out between themselves. They donā€™t pay enough attention to how ā€œengagedā€ you are. Most just care about their alcohol sales and not the dancers themselves. I can think of some clubs where management wouldnā€™t allow it, but that hasnā€™t been the norm for me personally. For better or worse, Iā€™ve gotten away with being aloof in the past and customers wanting dances regardless so I wonā€™t be too worried about going in the red either. The biggest challenge that I can see would be having most tasks not be time critical. Because if the club is busy then Iā€™d want to be able to do tasks later. And also be doing tasks that could get interrupted on a whim and easily returned to. Too many competing things like engaging customers or getting on stage. Which others have pointed out And also something that would be just easy enough that I could do it while having had a couple of drinks (but not be wasted). My guess is this would have to be something Iā€™d have to do long enough to get to a certain level of competence before I even think of multitasking it.
  • FishHawk
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Back when I worked, I worked from home off and on, My wife does it full time right now. In my opinion it would take a special kind of job that would not require you to be available for conference calls, online discussions, etc. I am sure there are such jobs out there but they would be harder to find. Maybe one where you work from your residence most of the time and occasionally can do some catch up work on your own while at the club.
  • Longball300
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Well I guess the first thing I would want to know is 1) What type of educational background do you already possess and 2) What would you be interested in learning about and actually may have a passion for?
  • PutaTester
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    There is a group called UpWork that is all about online, remote, project-by-project work. The down side is that despite the hype, apparently there are many "employers" looking to get projects done at less than minimum wage or far below market for the skill set. And you need a skill set that is in demand, such as engineering, graphic design, web design, technical writing, or software development. Good Luck
  • Hank Moody
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Iā€™m not sure I see the point. Are you that pressed for time, Spice? Seems to me that the flexibility of strip club work would allow you to work a second job, even a full time job, and pick up club shifts. I thought that was what many dancers did. Trying to consistently work another job while sitting in a club would seem to negatively affect the efficiency of both.
  • Muddy
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Eh it'd be tough. Maybe some stuff during a slow dayshift. I mean look at it from a customer point of view how am I supposed to get attention who is locked in there phone all night wait a second... Why not just your regular job/career M-F 9-5 all that, then do a little side hustle dancing on weekend nights.
  • Subraman
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Trademarking Thotercise - Red bottom shoes stair climb - Pencil skirt downward-facing-dog hold for time - "Woooooooooo! Shots!" for max dB. Disqualify for coughing or getting hoarse - Food and selfie IG post obstacle course - Early morning Uber Home From Strange Address challenge
  • CJKent (Banned)
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    @nicespice ā€œYour work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.ā€ ~ Steve Jobs' Stanford speech And remember: The big ā€œsecretā€ to making money in our so-called capitalist country is that there is not legal easy way to making money.... ā€œThe secret of a great success for which you are at a loss to account is a crime that has never been found out, because it was properly executedā€ ~ HonorĆ© Balzac
  • richardspayan1
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    @nicespice ... America is the land of the possible. If your mind can conceive it, this soil can nurture it. Go ahead do some frugal experiments. Let your experience be your guide. Here is a website which has very strong demand signals of whats relevant in the marketplace. [view link] Trust that helps and God speed
  • nicespice
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I appreciate the responses, whether on this thread or privately. Definitely the good answers that I was suspecting a bunch of dudes who like to go to the club on day shifts would have. šŸ˜ And yes, I have noted not risking being stretched too thin. I donā€™t mind being a mediocre dancer who doesnā€™t earn $500+ nearly every shift. I would however like to start putting more focus and get good at in another area. Definitely something Iā€™ll have to consider in the future. At this point in time, Iā€™ve decided a question like this is jumping the gun and itā€™s a walk before run kind of thing. Iā€™ll work on actually getting something established before I try to get ultra portable with it. ā€”>1) What type of educational background do you already possess Bachelors degree ā€”>ā€and 2) What would you be interested in learning about and actually may have a passion for?ā€ The problem is that Iā€™m the type of person who has a bunch of interests and has a hard time focusing on any one thing. And in general, talent wise, I am above average intelligence but not being truly great at anything (but good at a lot of stuff) The different career interest tests (Holland-code, disc assessment, etc) tell me I should do something anal related tho šŸ˜ But really, Iā€™m mostly motivated by being able to work independently and also be able to work from nearly anywhere I want. Stripping has been great for enabling that so far.
  • whodey
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    "The different career interest tests (Holland-code, disc assessment, etc) tell me I should do something anal related tho šŸ˜" Depending on the club you are working at you may be able to make a lot of money from "something anal related." šŸ˜ˆ
  • pistola
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I think youā€™d make a great Uber eats delivery driver or a delivery driver for a weed dispensary.
  • MackTruck
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The different career interest tests (Holland-code, disc assessment, etc) tell me I should do something anal related tho šŸ˜ ^ oops, I meant to say "analytical"
  • MackTruck
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Ooooh shit! Wrong account šŸ˜­
  • Longball300
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Well there goes that secret out the window.
  • gobstopper007
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Now that I think about it Iā€™ve never seen Nice and Mack in a room at the same time.
  • PredragDr
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Can you get a job at Twitter? How are your coding skills and what languages do you know (Python, etc.)? Have you been convicted of any felonies? The job market is very competitive currently and probably the only high paying job that allows permanent remote work is in software engineering. Someone with a Masters in something Machine Learning related can start at $200k+
  • RandomMember
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Lol at the thought of @Spice implementing machine-learning algorithms in Python. Wouldn't vacuuming and cleaning toilets be a little more realistic?
  • nicespice
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Hmm interesting comment Rando. Because of what I want (which is similar or possibly even *better* flexibility and freedom than dancing has provided so far), I understand the trade offs. One of the most important trade offs is that I need to provide a useful enough service that people want to shell out their own money to pay me directly. People who vacuum and clean toilets would probably count. It doesnā€™t match exactly what Iā€™m looking for, but itā€™s definitely something way better than whatever make-work-useless thing youā€™re in. .
  • prevert
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    @nicespice if youā€™re going to do software pay no attention to idiots. Instead look to people like Adm. Grace Hopper and Margaret Hamilton.
  • crazyjoe
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Randommember said "Lol at the thought of @Spice implementing machine-learning algorithms in Python. Wouldn't vacuuming and cleaning toilets be a little more realistic?" Wow! This is sexist! I am a conservative redneck blue collar guy and I wouldn't even say something like that! Randommember, If you said something like that in front of your colleagues, I would venture to guess you would have an issue with HR. Shame on you...
  • rick33
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Learn to code online, then do gig based contract programming. you get paid for what you produce.
  • MalakingDog
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Coding during down times at a strip club. What could possibly go wrong with that program/script?
  • Subraman
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Our new shoplifting detection application works great, except sometimes before it tells you where the shoplifter is, it asks "do you have a little present for me?"
  • CJKent (Banned)
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    @nicespice You wrote: ā€œ...what I want (which is similar or possibly even *better* flexibility and freedom than dancing has provided so far)ā€ I guess you want what some women want ā€œfreedom afforded by financesā€ and they are going to get it fast one way or another: ā€œMarry a 90 year old billionaire with an incurable diseaseā€ Have you watched the movie ā€œHow to marry a millionaireā€ starring Marilyn Monroe? :)
  • crazyjoe
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    No more comments on this thread RamdomMember?
  • Nidan111
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    A serious response to your question. I may be entering the Texas area for my consultant business. I will Likely need a good pharmacy technician to assist. It will be a very fun an autonomous position. You will have to be particular and extremely accurate, but this type consulting is the best gig around.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    @Nidan111 You wrote: ā€œYou will have to be particular and extremely accurate...ā€ What type of weapons does @nicespice ā€œwill have to be extremely accurateā€ with? Will they be open carry or concealed? :)
  • crazyjoe
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Still no response RandomMember? Wow! You talk a lot of shit to PapiChulo, but you can't answer me on this thread. [view link]
  • crazyjoe
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The link is to poor randommember being muted by PapiChulo
  • nicespice
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Not only can Rando not deal with being out argued by crazyjoe, he had to refer to Papi as a ā€œpussyā€ He just keeps displaying his sexism more and more. Meanwhile, he likes to talk trash at board members here for being sexist. šŸ˜‚
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion