tuscl

Stripper Helmets

Monday, February 17, 2020 9:10 PM
A stripped in Dallas, Texas raised over $40,000 in 3 days when she went viral after she fell off of a 20 foot pole in XTC. I have seen posts on social media that mention the OSHA will require that entertainers wear safety helmets when performing routines on poles taller than 6 feet. Has anyone heard anything like this?

32 comments

• IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    There should be precautions like a safety net or something
  • Stephanie4life
    4 years ago
    Sounds like an excuse for OSHA inspectors to hang out in clubs. 😂😂
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    ^ pun intended?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Might be easier to come up with some sort of fall restraining system could be a belt or ankle clip on a retractable lanyard that would fasten easily and securely it wouldn’t be difficult to rig
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    I'm visualizing an industrial strength tampon string attached to a rock climbing belay system.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    What about all us PL's on the front row that get kicked by stipper heels and kitty spit drenches us ? Where is our OSHA protection ? After all, I am working too.........
  • rickthelion
    4 years ago
    You apes don’t seem to understand natural selection. Back in tha NC we had a saying: if an antelope falls and hits its head, eat that frickin antelope! But you apes want to save those who injure themselves. Give them a helmet you say. Put ‘em on a tampon string you say. Bah! Let’s assume falling from a stripper pole has reasonable heritability. After all, it is based on things like balance, depth perception, grip strength, and so forth. The fer chrissakes Let the clumsy apes fall and remove themselves from the gene pool. In five generations you’ll breed a cadre of strippers that can free climb El Capitan completely nude. Your ape OSHA is keeping us from watching sexy female hairless apes climbing a frickin mountain. WTF??!!!
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    From an engineering standpoint I can't imagine a system that would work well; giving the dancer the flexibility and freedom to move. Do you see Cirque dancers wearing a helmet, harness or lanyard? Possibly this protective outfit but, it may cut down on the appeal: [view link]
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I see this thread and think it's about condoms.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Actually yes there are high wire acts all over the world including Circe hi wire acts where a lanyard is used to great effect and no interference in the performance
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    If OSHA were doing their job, strip club music wouldn't be as loud as it is!
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Now that some pole work at 7:45 - [view link]
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    Helmets... no. But at a certain point the club should take the same precautions as a facility hosting professional trapeze / acrobatics. Or install some sort of squirrel guard halfway up the pole.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    it’s no wonder pole work is a rarity now.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Helmets on stripper poles is like the stripper pole in the short bus
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Maybe, just maybe ... If you were really high And it was Halloween week, I could see a stripper wearing only a police badge clipped to her g-string and a helmet offering to take you to a side room for some in depth interrogation. Otherwise, no.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    I'll be the catcher! I don't need a salary. The dancers can give me a tip out at the end of the night.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Dude, it was a satire article. Come on. As an independent contractor, you should know OSHA has no say in how we operate our businesses. If the clubs make us employees, then OSHA can absolutely step in. Learn your independent contractor laws or get into the private Facebook stripper groups. Seriously. 🙄
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Not true Wiffle Waffle osha can step onto any worksite and close it down if they feel safe practices aren’t being followed applies to all employees and ICs no status is exempt
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    That regards the clubs' operations still, not our own personal businesses. The club can't mandate what we wear or how we look unless we're employees. There is this giant thread about it on one of the private groups I'm in. If I were to share screenshots, I'd get kicked out. The helmet thing is preposterous and legit satire. People should check their references to articles and stupid memes with such outlandish claims.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Not saying that helmets aren’t satire just saying OSHA has the power to regulate every worksite in the USA, has no bearing whether you are an employee or contractor.
  • AmeliaSmith
    4 years ago
    Whew, I feel so attacked @Waffle. I literally said I saw posts on social media and I created a discussion on THIS BOARD to see if any other members heard anything like this since I did not see a thread started. Thank you for your insight and responses though.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I'm a bit off - but a hot stripper wearing a helmet isn't going to stop me from getting extras. A hot sexy beauty is hot and sexy - even if she's wearing a helmet while grinding on me in VIP!
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Amelia, sorry. Bad day. Been dealing with my apartment kitchen flooding for two days and guys on here treating my inbox like we're penpals and standing me up. Please don't take it personally. Just a really bad day.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    I understand what OSHA is capable of doing. A club cannot tell us how to dress without making us employees. That is literally my one and only point to this.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Clubs hire stripper hoes based on looks and laws dictate what kind of costumes are allowed etc.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Wiffle waffle hope your day gets better but if the OSHA mandates that you wear some form of protective gear, the clubs will have no choice but to order all persons wishing to use their workplace to comply
  • AmeliaSmith
    4 years ago
    Waffle it’s no problem. Trust me , I understand. But the way I see it is that I already have to pay to miss a stage set even though I paid my house fee to rent the building, I have to wear a certain amount/type of clothes on the floor/stage even though I should be able to pick my own costumes, there are mandatory days that I have to work or I’d have a higher house fee on weekend nights even though I don’t have a schedule and many other penalties. Helmets are a little far fetched but something like this could most definitely be in the works.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    IC or employee doesn't matter to OSHA, they make plenty of IC construction workers wear safety gear all the time. But I can't imagine them forcing strippers to wear helmets. However, I could see them imposing a limit on the maximum height of poles on stage. Wiffle, hope your day gets better, I'm surprised none of they guys in your area have offered to take care of your kitchen pipes as long as you take care of their pipe in exchange.
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Personally I don't see any reason for a pole of over 6'. And if there is one, wearing a helmet does not make it safe. Some pole work is impressive, shows how physically fit and athletic the girl is. But this does not require high poles. And helmets would not make high poles safe. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    I've seen pictures of that real high pole at Magic City in Atlanta. All the time a girl spends time climbing up the pole, it would be better spent engaging in a Front Room Makeout Session with say, me. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion