tuscl

Reviews

willyo
Connecticut
Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:36 PM
Is it me or have we seen a lot less reviews since the website redesign? I also think some dislike a few of the guys approving, or disapproving, reviews.

10 comments

• shadowcat
    4 years ago
    U haven't notice any difference in quantity but do disagree with some of the approvers.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    "Is it me or have we seen a lot less reviews since the website redesign?" What relationship do you see between the overall website design and number of reviews? Do you think the redesign has made it more difficult for people to write and post reviews? I don't see that. *OR* are you really saying that the switch to VIP member adjudicators to accept/reject reviews has led to fewer submissions because, in your words, "some dislike a few of the guys approving, or disapproving, reviews."? My impression is that there has been an increase in the diversity of published reviews -- more previously unreviewed clubs, more frequent reviews of clubs, and more international adult entertainment venues reviewed. More up-to-date info on closed, newly opened, or resurrected clubs. And many members who rarely or never post on the discussion boards still consistently contribute reviews. [as was true before switch to member adjudicators] Yeah, fewer reviews that are duplicates, rants, short or incoherent, or lacking useful club info. Don't miss those, no loss. 'just writing this bullshit review to get 28-day VIP access' -- reduced but not eliminated altogether. I think there isn't enough agreement among review adjudicators as to what makes a good review, making their judgments seem subjective. And, yeah, a *few* adjudicators regularly use this as an opportunity to be smarmy assholes. On the other hand many more adjudicators seem very tolerant in accepting reviews. Still it usually takes a *really* crappy review to garner FOUR rejections and not be published. That's my impression over the last 12-18 months. Perhaps you could explain how you arrived at your view; I'm genuinely curious to know.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I kinda noticed that at first but haven't been paying attention lately - seemed in the past on a busy review day there would be close to a 100-reviews, last time I kinda counted them seemed a lot less for a busy review day (weekend)
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    @Papi - do you have an explanation for your observation?
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    Could this just be reflective of the slow down in strip club business that happens after the holidays? I know I club less and for years have heard dancers say how slow business is this time of year.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    There are only two predominant motivations to regularly write reviews: (1) VIP access; and (2) club positioning. The first motivation is as strong now as it ever was and I don't think that adjudication is going to dissuade someone who really wants site access. The second has been largely taken away now by the removal of global ratings. Hence this is the likely source of any perceived decrease in reviews. There is just less incentive now for club shills to promote their own clubs and/or post hit jobs on others. From my perspective this is much more good than bad. While I found some benefit to global ratings in sorting through clubs in densely packed areas, in some markets it was becoming a joke, especially once founder moved away from weighting based upon reviewer seasoning. I'd rather see those ratings gone than have to wade through a shit ton of shill reviews posted for the purpose of jacking up a club's ratings.
  • WinningdaChumpsGame
    4 years ago
    Alphabet analytics advises against asshole adjudicators :) WCG
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Aren't the overall ratings back? Thought I saw them yesterday when I was deciding whether or not to drive to the next town for something different.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ^Fuck, you're right wall. And using the same shitty - please shill the fuck out of our review section - format. Don't worry boys, the reviews will pick up again soon enough.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    4 years ago
    Maybe it’s because you don’t need VIP to read reviews anymore
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion