tuscl

One PL's 3 is another PL's 8. But is a 10 always a 10?

herbtcat
Cool Cat in the Valley
Sunday, December 8, 2019 10:09 AM
Simple premise... beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So when I describe a dancer, I try to use more descriptive terms like spinner, busty, hard-body, curvy, etc.

So, what's your take on the 1-10 scale? And how do we present objective info on such a subjective measurement?

36 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I think the descriptive approach is best. Clubs tend to hire a TYPE. Diamond Dolls in Pompano hires Cubans with fake tits & ass. Mons Venus hires slim, blonde spinners. I will use the numeric scale sometimes though.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’d give her a 2.76
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I don't think a 10 is always a 10. For me those a lot of those supermodel/runway types mostly do nothing for me. Tall, lanky, nothing to grab onto.They are not ugly obviously but just not hot to me. I like more normal cute girls or slutty busty girls.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I also think it’s too subjective. There are some very general ideas of feminine beauty. Otherwise there wouldn’t be any supermodels. But individual guys’ opinions of individual gals will never be in sync. So I don’t think a 10 is always a 10.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    To chime in, a 10 isn’t always a 10.

But some 10s are always a 10.

Judging from Anonymous’ poll, maybe Salma might qualify as one of those 10s.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    If You use the 1-10 scale to rate women's appearance then a 5 should be an average woman and should comprise most of a club's dancers. But it seems like getting dances from less than a 7 is getting dances from a below average dancer. It also seems like most guys are fucking girls in the 8-10 range. I find that hard to believe.

I find it hard to believe because I've seen what some guys are taking to VIP. When did your read about a guy taking a 3 to VIP? or even a 5 which would be an average looking woman. Yet I am as guilty as the next guy for using the scale. Unless we use photos, we don't have much else to use. So I take the scale with a grain of salt.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    The premise is true to a certain extent, but there are also standards of feminine beauty that are generally accepted by most guys, which is what the 1 to 10 scale is based on. There will always be outliers, e.g., a guy who likes obese amputees, but if someone says most of the girls in a club are 7 and up, we all have an idea of what that means, and it’s helpful info.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Well, there's 1 to 10 in real life (with its range of ages)

and there's 1 to 10 in the bizarro world of strip clubs, - generally - ages 18 to ? 40 ? something, where a level of attractiveness is (much of) the point.

Obviously it's shorthand for a given person's preferences. That said, I don't think a 3 or 8 disagreement is common.

I don't particularly like using the scale, but it saves long winded descriptions (of a gal, or my preferences).
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    I think we have, to an extent, learned what types the regular posters like and adjust the ratings mentally to reflect our individual tastes.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    In my experience clubs tend to hire above average looking women. If so then dancers are 6+ on a numerical scale. If we are trying to convey to others our estimation of a beautiful woman the numerical scale is inadequate and tends to objectify them. So to say she’s got skin as soft as a baby’s ass and eyes of a sky blue color brought to the forefront by the great job of makeup around her eyes. Her body, when naked is both slim and shapely. Her hips protrude slightly and her walk or dance step uses that feature to emphasize her heart shaped ass. Looking from afar at her backlit silhouette shows the heart shaped gap between her thighs. I asked and she told that her measurements are 37 - 24- 38. Her breasts are topped by strawberry shaded nipples with a soft pink areola of an average size.
    Her beauty is complemented by her frank and slightly profane demeanor in VIP, asking if I minded if she didn’t use a condom while blowing me. I had lowered my zipper and she advised me to lower my trousers and my undershorts to give her full access to my scrotum as well as my dick. She told me that by going bareback she can swallow the evidence and not have to be concerned with disposing of the rubber. In my book she’s as clos3 to a 10 as I’ve met.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    The internet has proven via science that you, as an individual, are stupid, but that the crowd is brilliant. That's why I think you need to go with a crowdsourced beauty scale... which requires that you be OTC to see the crowd's reactions to her, but that's okay, if she won't go OTC with you, what good is she anyway?

Ratings:

Don't care: roughly anything under a 7

Head turner: She **consistently** turns heads. Probably 7.5-8.5ish

Wave of head turns: if you take her into a crowded bar, you can see a wave of head turns, men re-orienting their bodies to look at her, as she walks through. Probably 8.5-9.4ish (right up to the Dushku limit)

Whoa!!!: She's so hot that you consistently see guys grabbing their buddies to turn them towards her, you can hear them mumble "whoa!!", guys stop and say things to you as you walk by with her. This is Dushku limit level chick -- 9.5 and up. Impossibly hot. As the Dushku Limit implies, not clear to me that it's meaningful to talk about relative hotness in this range
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Science, bitches!
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i, for one, have seen a 10.
    a sexy awesome beauty.
    (imo of course.)
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Objectively I think most of us can agree on who is a ten. Subjectively we cannot. Ever. Objectively I can find a dancer with big boobs a 10, but subjectively I am not a fan of big boobs, except my wife's of course and never see them as a 10.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I’m a 10 kind of guy. If the gal is fun to hang out with, has tits, has pussy, loves to fuck and suck.... 10 in my book. I’m lucky in that most women are fucking beautiful to me.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    IMO:

Physical traits that indicate something positive for fertility and childbearing will always be a crowd-pleaser. (Whether or not an individual actually wants to reproduce)

But different cultures seem to create different structures that makes what’s “optimal” more subjective.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20150…
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Nicespice is confusing me with her avatars. 😂
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"I’m a 10 kind of guy. If the gal is fun to hang out with, has tits, has pussy, loves to fuck and suck.... 10 in my book. I’m lucky in that most women are fucking beautiful to me."

One of my best buddies is like that, Nidan! I never know whether to be horrified at some of the women he's fucked, or to envy him. Maybe a little of both.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @subraman ... lol... the world is our (your buddy and myself) playground.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Yep, I always wonder -- that 6 he fucked for $150 while I spent weeks chasing a 9 and spending who knows who much. Is he really enjoying fucking that 6 as much as I enjoy fucking that 9? If so, fuck him and fuck you :)
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    @Nidan - So are you just someone who is more attracted to a girls personality, sexuality, and the physical/emotional experience rather than purely visual? When you go to a club do you think you ignore the "hottest" girls that some of the rest of us would be fighting over? Also (roughly) how old are you?
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    Is a 10 always a 10? No, because there was a chick who was clearly a 10 that blew my mind at Hi Liter and Chili Palmer kept trying to convince me was a 9.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Not at all. I do not and never have found Kim Kardashian attractive, but many others find her to be the hottest creature ever.

ScarJo was voted Sexiest Woman if the Year, but I've never thought so.

EmRat and Eva Green are both 10s for me, but some people hate them. Exceptfor Charlie Sheen's sloppy seconds, I would rate Denise Richards a 10; but others dump on her all the time.

Beauty is always and only ever in the eye of the beholder.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I think we all have our opinion of a stunner to a bowwow and what is in between them. Also we all can tell a 10 from a 0. No matter what "scale we use, never will we all agree.

herb, stated, "So when I describe a dancer, I try to use more descriptive terms like spinner, busty, hard-body, curvy, etc." A spinner to one may be anywhere between sumo size to anorexic. Same goes with any other terms.

Just write what you wish and let the reader decide. If they have specific question, contact the reviewer. Simple!
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    my avatar i consider about a 9. and yeah. pretty sure the boobs are bolt ons.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Every woman is someone’s 10.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    maybe.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    jas,

Without a face view, I'd leave her at an 8.
    Asian? 10!
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    If she has tits, I give her 10
    If her pussy can fuck me, I give her 10.
    If her pussy can’t fuck me, but she gives blow job, I give her 10.
    If she oils up her hands and gives me hand job, i give her a 10.
    If she is a real female, I give her 10.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    I find the 1-10 scale to be not quite worthless, but not all it's cracked up to be. I much prefer the 0-1 scale, because either I like them, or I don't and other people's opinions aren't going to change me.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Double D,
    An excellent point! That said, 1-10 gives others some perspective, even thought we each weight certain attributes more heavily than others.
  • Tiredtraveler
    5 years ago
    I depend as much on descriptions as ratings. The middle part of the scale is the most subjective. I also have found that every club I have ever been in changes week to week and some times daily.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    Clubber, I agree it gives others perspective, but I doubt most of us go to strip clubs solely for the eye candy. More often than not, the lady whose company I enjoyed the most is not the one who made for the best eye candy.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I agree with the OP. He asked a question but I’m reading it that he was making a point - we all have different taste in women. We all will differ as to where someone will fall on the 10 scale. Some of us are good with a 10 having lots of flaws. Other will demote her to a 9 because of a freckle. But that’s the point - If you say someone is a 10, that should mean you believe that nobody would rate her under a 10. Yes, there’s always someone who will disagree, but in your mind, you think everyone should think she’s a 10. That was my takeaway from the OP anyway.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    DD,
    You state, "...but I doubt most of us go to strip clubs solely for the eye candy."
    I understand that, but in my case, eye candy is very important. Example, I'd likely pick a somewhat homely Asian, over any other 8.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    Excellent dialog. Thanks to all for contributing.

Some thoughts/observations:
    @DandyDan - You make a good pint about "enjoying her company" being more important than purely physical looks (within a certain hotness range, of course). I suspect that the older the PL (especially those of us over 50), the more true this is. When I was 28, I was always looking for the hottest stripper I could find, regardless of her personality. Now that I am older, I look for the dancer who makes the best connection with me. So talking to, getting dances from, and even looking for extras from a 7 when there are multiple 9's and 10's around can often be a win for me.

@Group: This is more an empirical observation than a scientific analysis, but it seems that there is an inherent skew to the 1 to 10 system with regard to average vs. mode. What I mean is that on a linear 1 to 10 scale, the average rating should be 5, and as such, we should all be "willing" to spend time/money on any dancer who is at least "average". But the 1 to 10 scale appears to be more of a non-linear scale, where the higher up you go, the more each new point adds to the perceived quantity/quality of hotness. For example, in a linear scale, a 7 should be 10% hotter than a 6. But based on comments here and on other threads, that is not true. An 8 may be perceived as 20% to 30% hotter than a 7. In addition, there seems to be a fairly hard floor on who a PL will spend money/time with at 7. We all seem to be ok with talking to, dancing with, and fucking a 7 or higher, But we rarely seem to engage at all with a 6 or lower (except for desperate circumstances of course).

So is the new "average" (i.e.: the minimum acceptable level of hotness for action) at 7? If so, then I submit that a 1 to 10 scale has even less utility than ever. Perhaps a new approach (if we MUST quantify) would be as follows:
    A 6 or less = TLTR (Too low to rate)
    All others:
    7 = ALH (Average Level Hottie)
    8 = HTA (Hotter than average)
    9= MLH (Model Level Hotness)
    10= SMH (Super Model Hot)

It's a bit wordy in this form, but you get the idea...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion