• Nidan111
    5 years ago
    High school football? Hell yes!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Crazy joe is gonna destroy stadiums this year
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    Go Bears. They couldn't get the offense moving last night but I expect a good season for them. 11-5 record is my early season prediction. college football way more real and exciting than pro though. My school didn't have a team though so I don't closely follow any one team.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Blake Trubisky must be tough to Root for.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    Trubisky still young and not a ton of experience. He needs to see the field better. Half of Aaron Rodgers "good" plays were shovel passes out of desperation that only a veteran QB has the stones and vision to execute on. Lots of season left....
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    The Bears looked horrible and overall it was a painful game to watch. As happy as I was to finally have football back, that game was nearly unwatchable. Go Pats!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, It'll be a long season for the locals!
  • Is any one excited to see TEXAS longhorns play? I am........
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I doubt my Giants will do very much this season, but Cleveland is most likely to be in the mix, and I think Dallas too, looking for the Patriots to fall behind this year, it won’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I'm excited to watch Cleveland implode. OBJ hurt again, gee really? Barker Mayfield. Saquon 4 Prez. Giants are a potential sleeper. I dont think they travel west of Mississipi. That new Arizona QB looks like a midget out there. Not sure how that's gonna work.
  • RTP
    5 years ago
    I am a Panthers ticket holder. I am not under the disillusion that they are super bowl bound, but looking forward to the journey.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    College season started last week. Yes, I am ready for football. Love this time of the year.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> " looking for the Patriots to fall behind this year, it won’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs." If you feel that strongly about this you should head down to the local sports book and lay down a dime. I hear they're offering 7:1 on that bet right now. 😀
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^I might I want to see if they can compensate for losing Gronk, in my estimation he was the spark plug that made that team run well
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Ohio State all the way to the college football nation championship! Bengals all the way to the #1 draft pick!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I was only able to watch the first-quarter of Bears/Packers - ugly/boring ass-game, kinda who was less-bad - switched the channel and watched something else. Trubisky doesn't have it - IMO one of those guys that looks great on paper b/c of his physical-skills but does not seem to have the requisite QB IQ.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Having attended Patriots games at both Fenway Park and Harvard Stadium you might say I have followedthe team. To be fair, last year was the worst Partriots team I have seen in a long long time. Until the last 5 weeks of the season they sucked, at least compared to what we are used to. The vibe changed, they changed and they won the super bowl. This year's team is not only better, but the attiude change is insane. It seems like a bunch of older players now realize that this might be it and are going for it. The Patriots havbe never won a super bowl whetre I have not been away skiing, and in fact, when I am outwest skiing, they are 5-1, with only the last minute of the game loss to the Eagles spoiling my perfect record. Wife and I make plane reservations to go west skiing when we believe they will be in the super bowl. The year they lost to the Eagles, we made reservations one week before the game. This year? Made them in June. They win it all this year. Chase Winovich in the third round? Jakobi meyers undrafted? Demayrius Thomas playing for the minimum? 13-3; bye week; beat Kansas City (they will be worse this year) in the Afc championship game then on to the super bowl. Twenty Five - the Patriots plan to replace Gronk is simple: they won't use tight ends. They use tight ends traditonally; then 2 of them with Gronk and the murderer; then Gronk; now they will use more running backs instead. They go against what others do. Teams are now going nuts playing the 4/3 defense and the Patriots have now gone back to the 4/3. While I love Gronk they have won without him, won after being down 25 with 18.25 minutes to go.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I'm always rooting for the Packers but Rogers is injury prone so I don't get my hopes too high.
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    I'm trying to get into it, if onpy the players got rid of the helmets and padding.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Until some AFC team shows me enough to pick differently, I'm going with the Patriots. I think the Chiefs' run game goes south a bit and that teams figure out Mahomes just enough that he can't overcome the liabilities on the team. My somewhat surprise pick is that the Jags win the AFC South instead of the Texans. The NFC is, as usual, much more jumbled. The Packers might have as good a shot as anyone. "Overreacting after one night"...possibly, but they did hold a team to three. "Mitch"...how many NFC QBs are really that much better? I'm no Mitch fan at all, but let's look at this. Goff? Eh. Wentz? He won't stay upright. Brees? That fall-off at the end of last season makes me nervous, and he's 40. Dak? No. Four NFC QBs have won titles: one is Brees, one is more likely to lose his job than make the playoffs (Eli), and one is Rodgers. The other guy is Russell Wilson, who might be the one to stop Rodgers. If the Rams fall off - which is likely - the Seahawks might ride a weakened NFC West all the way to homefield. They've beaten the Pack out there before in the playoffs - the Jermaine Kearse game. They just stole Clowney from the Texans. Also, Russ is a tad bit better than Mitch. I'll go with the Pack and say the Seahawks will surprise people.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Lol. Yeah the bears sucked. Gonna be a long season if trubisky looks like that the whole season. To think we coulda had mahomes or Watson. Typical.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Yesterday's Packers v Bears felt like a preseason game. The penalties were drive killers, one series the Bears had a 1st and 40. The interception Trubisky three at the end of the game showed his inexperience.
  • GACA
    5 years ago
    I'm a Raiders fan.... Sooo ya I'm ready for the jokes 😫😵🥺
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Speaking of the Patriots.... surprised none of the pundits have brought this up. Luck retired as he was tired of getting pummeled by no OL. He is 29. Brady retires in a year or two or the Pats move on. I could see Belicheck spending tons of assets to beef up the OL and then giving Luck a phone call. You heard it here first on tuscl lol
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    I had season tickets when the Pats moved to Foxboro and I’ve been watching them for decades. That included many lean years, but I think when Kraft hired Parcells the current dynasty was begun. I am frequently left with my mouth hanging open when an undrafted rookie makes a major contribution or a 4th or 5th round pick becomes a superstar. It’s proof positive that the majority of General Managers should get new dart boards. I only got to one practice this summer and was impressed with Stidham, the Pats backup QB. Even though Brady wants in on all offensive plays, I’m guessing that in order to keep him for the playoffs, there may be more use of Stidham than we’ve seen of other backups to Brady. They’ll be around throughout January.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I just hope the Vikings beat the Packers twice so I don’t have to put up with cocky in-laws at Christmas.
  • rl27
    5 years ago
    The same team I have rooted for the past 35 years, minus the three years of purgatory that was the 1996 to 1998 season, where I didn't watch a single game other than the Superbowl, the Cleveland Browns. This is the most hyped up I have felt since the mid to late 80's.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m going to root for the Giants today probably just out of habit, but if they somehow find a way to beat Dallas that would make my day!
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    ... "it was a painful game to watch". I guess so rick, seeing that the Bears and Packers are 2 teams that scored Super Bowl victories over the Pats. Maybe they'll get to avenge one of those losses in the 2020 Super Bowl.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Want to see how Le’Veon Bell does this season.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    59-10, what a loooong season it will be!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Miami looks terrible but the Giants are playing well in the first quarter
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Boom! 😊
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, "terrible" is way to much praise! :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dolphins did a great job - well on their way to getting the #1 pick next year
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    VH_Kicks your team right now looks like booty buttcheeks. I know the Steelers/Ravens games are usually smashmouth close affairs. But if this game is any indication then when you guys go into Baltimore you are gonna get fucking manhandled.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    NE putting an ass-whooping on Piltt Over the last few weeks a lot of "experts" were saying how Pitt would actually be a better team w/o Antonio Brown, doesn't look like it
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Well I know who I wouldn't be getting along with in person. Calm the fuck down, VH. I don't care to bet money with some random dude on the internet over a football game. You wanna make a no money bet for bragging rights, cool. I'm not even a Baltimore fan. Just saying that judging from week 1 results that you guys look like ass and they look better.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    It’s too bad for VH_Kicks that he wasn’t posting back when flagooner was. Flag was always a mild mannered kind of poster who would have defended him as a person for having left wing viewpoints and whatever for football. He was the singlehanded good hearted glue that kept this fragmented board all together. He is very much missed.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    VH, Looks like you will have a bad a season as others. Pathetic, at best
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    There was a buzz about new Bucs coach Bruce Arians would be just what the Doc ordered to revive QB Jameis Winston's career. JW threw 3 touchdown passes in opening game. Unfortunately, 2 of them were "pick sixes" to the 49ers defense.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    Yay Vikings $$$$
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Did any of y'all watch the Saints, Texans game what a finish !
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Fucking amazing! THAT should have been the Sunday night game, not that snoozefest raping of the Steelers. Watson is an amazing QB for the Texans. Just too bad he scored a bit too fast. You'd think 50 seconds isn't enough time to go the length of the field. Instead this dude takes them to paydirt too fast and Brees, being the HOF QB he's destined to be, capitalized. 58 yard FG to cap off the win, freaking crazy!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Think back 13 years ago. The Dolphins needed a QB (yeah, nothing new) and two were out there, Drew Brees and Daunte Culpepper. Drew coming off a shoulder injury and Daunte a knee injury. The "doctors" tell the Dolphins to go with Daunte and they did. He made it through 4 games I think it was and did nothing in them! And you know the rest of the story!
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^I forgot all about that!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    VH, They passed MEDICALLY! They wanted him. Apples and oranges.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Who’s got whom today ?
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Antonio Brown TD in Miami. Four catches, a rush, and the score so far.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Hoping this Saints Rams game is a good one.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Did anyone watch the Giants yesterday, great start for a new QB, now they need to get back to basics, they aren’t going to win the Super Bowl this year, but there’s some reason to hope again.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The media hated Jones, but he looked good, albeit against a very poor defense.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Just another day at the office for the Patriots. 3-0 with sunshine and rainbows ahead.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Haha fag steelers fans crying since theyre team is shit.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Ravens are 3 - 10 vs Patriots. Thats a lot of success? Keep reaching loser. And you are supposedly a grown man who uses the term cheatriots you may die from being a douche. Haha stay ass blasted pittsburgh homo.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    VH, are you a sports fan psychologist now? The Pats fans are no more "afraid" of Mahomes now than when we beat him last year, not once but twice in the same season. 😉
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Vhs is a literal retard or really has no idea what success means. Though i would wager he has succesfully been fucked in the ass more times than he can count. VHS you are a true pussy. Or you wish you had one, go suck more dick, your franchise is dead still riding its steriod superbowl wins.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    The behavior of football fans is a microcosm for the two different kind of men in this world. Fans who must always look for excuses for their team's failures and another team's triumphs are the same type of men who always carry a victim mentality and seek out others to take care of them. OTOH, men who can acknowledge the greatness of others without feeling defensive tend to be those who take on personal responsibility. They don't make whiny excuses, but instead hold their teams and themselves accountable for their mistakes. We can see what kind of man VH is. 😉
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    VH, a W is a W. I watched every second of both games and there is no doubt that KC is a good team. But Pats fans are generally confident that their team will find a way to win when it matters, which they did in both games. But obviously on any given Sunday...
  • ime
    5 years ago
    And we know Steelers will lose the big game, so they become fans if other teams to cope.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    VH, here's the cheating history of your own team, including the decades in which it was pumping up its players with steroids... [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The way you guys carry on you’d think that your respective teams voted y’all a share of the playoff money, I root for the Giants hopefully they’ll start getting better now but if they don’t make the playoffs it’s not going to affect my life not even a little bit.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Duh, Patriots. Whoever said they're going to miss the playoffs this year: a meteor would have to fall on the team during practice and take out half of their players for that to happen.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    You embarrass yourself VH, or should I say Icey.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Da bears!!!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Buffalo at NE this week is going to be the first game that NE faces a team with a winning record @ Chess Da Bears looked lousy if this is the best we can expect from them they’re toast.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The game is in Buffalo and should be great although Brady is 30-3 against them.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Yes the game is in Buffalo the point was we will find out how good NE is I’m not convinced that they are all that, I think KC and Dallas are going to be the teams to beat this year and maybe if the Pack gets hot they can play spoiler to a lot of teams.
  • rockie
    5 years ago
    “What happened to the Cheatriots in 2009 and 2012 when the Ravens met them in the playoffs?” Yes VH_Kicks , the Ravens, Broncos, Colts, and even the Jets have played well in some post season games and beaten the Pats. On the other hand (in the post season) - Belicheat is your Steeler’s daddy!
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "The way you guys carry on you’d think that your respective teams voted y’all a share of the playoff money, I root for the Giants hopefully they’ll start getting better now but if they don’t make the playoffs it’s not going to affect my life not even a little bit." No surprise there. Anyone who willingly threw away his cultural heritage (or himself and his progeny, votes for politicians who would cause harm to the only country full of those who share his cultural history and who actually find pleasure in trolling an Internet site is one who is clearly incapable of anything resembling deep loyalty to, or belief in, anything beyond himself. What a joyless and flat existence you must lead, with a need to always seek out momentary distractions to fill the emptiness.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ I don't say that with any rancor whatsoever btw - actually more with pity than anything else.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’ll save my pity for Mrs Dugan and the children, you are an asswipe!
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    No need to feel sorry for my family 25. Unlike you, their lives are full of loyalty and faith in things greater than themselves. The fact that they have a husband/father who occasionally scratches an itch far away from the homefront doesn't change any of that. Unlike you, they know who their people are and they always have a place where they feel like they belong. That even extends to our football team. We are a Patriots family. You should see the gear, balloons and buffet spreads we put out during the playoffs and Pats Superbowl appearances. Luck for us there have been so many of those during my kids' lifetimes. 😉
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I feel privileged to be a patriots fan, remembering the lean years where we drove 265 miles to sugarloaf in the snow 4 am to 12:30 so we could watch the Doug Flutie Patriots in a strike season beat the Bears 7-0. I think the only score was a flea flicker on the first play of the game, but it was my higilight until Adam changed sports in Boston forever with the second best kick in history.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I'm so impressed the Dugan's buy their children shit to make up for the absentee fathering, I'm sure those girls will make you so proud when they bring home a Junior RickiBoi, that substitutes cash for feelings just like dear old dad, when he scratches his itch, BTW that itch is probably chlamydia or worse dumbass.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Giants won another one, New England was tested and came up with a strong win, and the KC Chiefs came up big this afternoon Dallas v Nola should be interesting tonight.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Nobody’s scared of you dougster we just ignore your stupidity, you dumb ass motherfucker.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Has there ever been anyone as jealous as VHS is of the Patriots? I know his team is garbage and no one cares about them, but he is almost as sore about them as when they kicked him out of the bath house for being to much of a homo.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    You will be sucking dick for quarters because even McDonald's isnt going to keep employing a whining loser bitch lije you.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Bucs put 55 on the Rams - Rams had been 3-0 but IMO they hadn't looked as good as last year
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Holy shit, Bucs - Rams shootout looked like a basketball score. Not ready to call this Bucs breakout game yet, need to see consistency throughout the season.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    That Bucs beating of the Rams gives me more confidence in my Niners. We went on the road and took care of them dudes. Meanwhile the Bucs came into LA and manhandled the Rams offense. Now it's SF sitting atop the NFC West standings, not the NFC champion Rams. This Sunday night game should be a good one.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm a Cowboys fan but I'm not convinced w.r.t. how good they are - they haven't beat anyone good this year. IMO the Cowboys have a high-floor (good amount of talent) but a low-ceiling (I think the HC is not the man for the job and IMO the Cowboys won't be serious-contenders until they get a good HC)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Bruce Arians is a hell of a coach IMO
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think Dak also falls under high-floor low-ceiling - he's decent but not great IMO - problem is great QBs don't-grow-on-trees
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    While QBs receive too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing, football is the ultimate team sport, why should the QB be blamed for a kicker shanking a kick, the special team gives up a big return, a wide receive tips a pass that gets intercepted, or a defense which does not stop anybody.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't think one can compare Dak to Peyton - Peyton was a #1-pick overall and Dak was a 4th-rounder - and Peyton was a pro-bowler by his 2nd-season (according to Wikipedia)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't necessarily think QBs get the blame for teams losing, IMO they usually get the blame when they don't play well since they have a much bigger impact on the game by virtue of having the ball in their hands so much - it's tough to move the ball consistently with a below-avg QB (especially in this day-and-age)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Can Dallas stay undefeated??!! Let's find out......
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    I would like to thank the Vikings for crushing all my hope and optimism this early in the season. It saves me from 4 months of anxiety.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As I thought, Dallas is a paper-tiger - only scored one touchdown after averaging over 30 in the first 3 games against inferior teams - their supposed all-world offensive-line and all-world running-back Ezekiel Elliott managed all of 35 rushing-yards in 18-carries (not even 2-yards/rush)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    The defense for both teams were pretty good though. I think Dallas is still pretty formidable.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Under the current coach, when push comes to shove Dallas gets shoved - they're limited by their head-coaching The Cowboys defensive signal-caller Kris Richardson is very-talented and has really improved the defense, he's supposed to be a head coaching prospect - if the Cowboys can't get a good experienced HC I rather they make him HC so they don't lose him - Jason Garrett is dead-weight and a non-difference-maker
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Miami beats Dallas!
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "New England was tested and came up with a strong win," Agreed. That Buffalo defense is downright smothering. The plays the secondary were making were insane and the Pats O-line simply could not protect Brady or open up running lanes. If the Pats didn't have such a strong defense in its own right, then Buffalo could easily have walked away with the W. I think we are all going to see Buffalo again in the playoffs as the AFC wildcard, assuming the Pats don't stumble and give them an opening to leapfrog ahead in the Division.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Last night the Rams Seahawks put on a good show, seems like the AFC east is pretty much settled with the Pats and KC dominating with everyone else chasing the NFC is wide open, with a strong argument to be made for a wide open field, it’s gong to take a few more weeks probably till thanksgiving before we start to see the playoff picture start to clarify.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Seahawks/Rams was a quality game and it was entertaining
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "...seems like the AFC east is pretty much settled with the Pats and KC dominating with everyone else chasing" Don't write Buffalo off so fast. See my comments above regarding their defense - it's insanely good. Their running game is no joke either. If they can just pull their passing game together a little bit more they could be running neck and neck with the Pats in the AFC East.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi, One of the few NFL games I've watched start to finish in a long time, especially regular season.!
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Today's predicition: Patriots destroy Washington; Jay Gruden is fired the following day; the reason is Washington faces Miami the following week and what better way to introduce a new head coach than by playing the one team that sucks worse than you do.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Not writing Buffalo off but if New England keeps winning it won’t need to worry much what the Bills do. It’ll only matter if NE all of a sudden loses 2 or 3 games allowing Buffalo to gain the upper hand and I don’t see that happening even if Brady becomes human, they have a lot going for them right now.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Watching the Giants v Vikings game damn the Giants are showing some signs of life again maybe they won’t have a terrible season after all.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, Doesn't seem it will be jet time in NY.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Clubber never was much of a Jets fan, although I'll admit to getting swept up in Namath fever in the 1968-69 season, but my family followed the Giants from the Polo Grounds to Yankee Stadium, to the Yale Bowl and now the Meadowlands, since I was a toddler.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Take that twentyfive 😎
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Damn @GV G-Men got let down by their coach, three times they turned a chip shot field goal, into a turnover on downs, the game got out of hand because they refused their own opportunity for 9 points, the last few minutes would have been manageable and should have been closer
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Haha garbage steelers continue to suck cock like VHS
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Vh a bandwaggin homo, keep sucking that cock and letting hobos fuck you in the ass, you probably already have the HIV. Stay ass blasted bandwagon fan boy.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    As Pats fans know all too well, sometimes it's lonely at the top. Patrick MaWho? 😉
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Is anyone watching the Giants play the Patriots tonight, hearing footsteps ?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It was kinda a boring 1st-quarter but the Giants have fought their way back in the game but they have shot themselves in the foot with 2 tough turnovers
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Is anyone watching the Giants play the Patriots tonight, hearing footsteps ?" Nope, not hearing any footsteps. In all fairness the Giants played their hearts out, but they just didn't have to personnel to keep it up for 4 quarters.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Kinda hard to win turning the ball over like 5 times
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Bandwagon boy is miserable and the Patriots take up so much space in his tiny brain. Haha Vhiv biggest whiniest pussy on TUSCL, which makes him one of the biggest whiniest pussies ok n earth. Get Back to the bus sation to earn your quarters sucking dick faggot. Who is more pathetic Steelers football or Vhivpositive?
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    VHIVpostive is more pathetic and knows less than zero about football. KC was hard pressed to beat Detroit, then lost to Indy at home. Baltimore lost to KC and Houston's record against thge patriots is more patheetic than VH. Patriots D and Specoial teams tied the Giants lol.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Kinda hard to win turning the ball over like 5 times" And the Pats don't get credit for contributing to that? For those who seem confused by this, there are three elements to a football team and defense and special teams can be as important as the offense. When the Pats offense got off to a sluggish start, the other two elements stepped up and made things happen. That is football folks.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Cope harder bandwagon boy. Now back to sucking cock, you are not on break yet.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Stop projecting fag boy. Ifvyoyr gonna ve such a whiney bitch cocksucker you should hide it better. But maybe because your such a liberal fag you wear it so proudly. No one comes close to crying about wins and losses as you. Your a pussy, also you spend so much time crying about the Pats your betters in every way its pathetic. No one else even thinks or cares about your shit team or city. Now back to the greyhound station, no more internet for you til you sucked all those hobo cocks.
  • MockTruck
    5 years ago
    All deer mens on protein shake diets.. its would be dream come true for Mack to lick all dat ass A girl can dream I guess... 👧👧👧
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Had to revive this thread that devolved into Patriots bickering and insults to say one thing: PUT SOME RESPEK ON MY MUTHAFUCKIN NINERS!!!!
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Your niners get my respect. Superbowl prediction: Patriots, Niners.
  • rattdog
    5 years ago
    the carolina panthers are starting to gel with this backup qb at the helm.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Yesterday might have been among the most Dolphin things I've ever seen, particularly the two-point conversion at the end. "Let's throw the ball to a RB whose hands have been his greatest issue since college" - wonderful idea, if you want to get a QB from said college as the #1 pick in next year's draft. Some of my people are fans of the team: I feel bad for them and they deserve better. The team itself, though? Eh.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Tonight's game might be pretty-good - haven't seen them play this year but the Lions look like they are playing well
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    They are pretty good: they solve opposing QBs for the most part and they got robbed against the Chiefs. That said, Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau is still Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau. It'll be tough for him without Davante Adams, though.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Wow, the Lions got robbed. The Pack might've won anyway, but wow.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ no excuse for those two bad calls at the end of the game but you’re right the Pack prolly would have won anyway
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Agreed. Horrible calls, but GB was going to win the game anyway. Detroit was out of time outs, so it would have been a short field goal kick with under a minute left after kickoff.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Wow instant replay has really fixed the nfl lol.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, One of my worst football and/or Super Bowl moments was sitting in the Orange Bowl on January 12, 1969 and seeing this on the scoreboard: New York Jets 16 Baltimore Colts 7
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Worst Patriuots season evah? 18-1.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ None of Brady’s rings are from beating the Giants 😁😷
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I haven't watched any sports shows today but for w/e reason I do recall the o-lineman's head being pushed back on those 2 calls - hard to know if his head was being pushed back like that by the D-lineman or if the o-lineman may have been acting?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Kicking FGs is always a dangerous proposition against Aaron Rodgers (Lions kicked 5 FGs)
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Wah, wah, wah said the little bitch VH who lost his entire bankroll of $2.00 on the game. Fuck off bitch.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The LIons' running-game was pretty-non-existent - IDK if it was the Lions' O-line not being very-good or the Packers' D-line being very-good (or a combo) - it also seems the Lions don't have a lot of play-makers; besides not much of a running game I noticed their WRs often were not able to get much separation - the lack of a running game and receivers not getting open is probably the reason they only managed mostly FGs
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    VH is the prototypical progressive bitch. Shoulda, woulda coulda - the wail of the fucking loser. Linos are like VH almost made it, but failed. A metaphor for his pathetic welfare existence of a life.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi, The NFL admitted one was NOT a penalty.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    24-0 Pats vs. Jets just in a quarter and a half. Not looking good for the Jets. Smelling 7-0 on the horizon. 😉
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Jets need to go for broke and blitz on defense; Brady has barely been touched and he's picking them apart - they gotta put Brady on his ass
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ The problem with blitzing is that it leaves receivers in man to man. With a QB like Brady, with a laser arm and 2.5 second release, that's a dangerous proposition. You have to have shutdown corners to pull that off and the Jets secondary is not looking sharp tonight.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Papi, I think they heard you. They're sending the heat now. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Jets really don't have a chance with Gase against Belichick and an inexperienced QB
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^That was a straight up ass whooping. Darnold looked beyond bad. 4 Ints, one fumble and a lot of other bad passes. The Pats really exposed the kid and the Jets clearly overestimated his ability to perform under pressure. His judgment and his mechanics were awful. Now I blame the coaches too as they should have given him more screens and slants to help defend against all the blitzes, but even the few screens they did give him were more than he could manage.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi, One has to wonder why the jets even entertained the idea of hiring Gase, much less doing so!
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Pats are on a roll while the Fins and Bungles are vying for the 1st 2020 draft pick.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The Patriots' opponents are a combined 11-27 this season - only team above .500 they've beaten was Buffalo
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Pats D is playing lights out, Jets had no chance by end of first quarter. I thought it was gonna be a better game. Two things you can count on Pats roll, and vhiv is a seething loser faggot whose team sucks more cock than him. Stay angry vhiv you aids ridden queer.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Yes bandwagon bitch, cling to hopes that some team not yours of course will beat them in a regular season game.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "The Patriots' opponents are a combined 11-27 this season - only team above .500 they've beaten was Buffalo" And? The hallmark of a good team is that they win the games that they're expected to win. The Pats have done that, including the game with Buffalo, who the Pats handed their only loss for the season so far. The 7 teams they've beaten are all fielding pros who get paid too.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I do notice that the Patriots beat the shit out of the pathetic Steelers, even when the rapist was the Steeler's QB. Whiny ass jealous bitches cry about the patriots. The Patriots play and beat whomever is on the schedule. Not their fault the rest of the NFL is made up of pussies like VH.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Skip Bayless: ‘Not only did Tom Brady save Bill Belichick, he then made Bill Belichick’ I’m surprised none of you NE fans reacted to or even commented on that little bit from Skip
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ We've become accustomed to goofy comments from ignorant haters. If we responded to every one it's all that we'd do. Speaking of the Pats, what a great day. Not only are the Pats now 8-0, but one division rival and another conference rival both took hits today.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    We’ve become accustomed to goofy remarks from the inventor of the system, since when is Skip Bayless an ignorant hater. Methinks you are one of those idiots that can’t realize what a symbiotic relationship really exists between Brady and Belichick.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    25, every great coach has also had great players, including great quarterbacks. That doesn't make him less of a coach. Take a careful look at the most successful coaches in NFL history and you'll find a number of great pairings. But I will also point out a couple of other odds and ends, like the 11-5 year when Brady was injured, or the quality of this year's defense, which Belichick is directing himself, or the years in which Brady had little to throw to yet they helped him find a way, or how the Pats continue to take scrubs (on both sides of the ball) and turn them into star players, or... A lot of great QBs rarely win even two Superbowls and some never win any (like Marino). I am as big a of fan of Brady as anyone, but without all the other pieces in place on both sides of the ball, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    That's why I called Bayless ignorant, because that's what his comment was. Decades of NFL history have taught us that no QB, no matter how good, can carry a team all by himself. And truth be told, Brady hasn't been the Brady of the earlier part of this century for some years now, as much as it pains me to say that.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You seem to miss the point With great regularity no one is knocking Belichick what is being pointed out is there is an element of luck that puts two people in the same sphere and makes for a happy symbiosis there’s plenty of examples of coaches and players being great but not achieving such phenomenal results your use of Marino was one but there’s plenty of evidence to back up the current regime in NE as a happy coincidence.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    And BTW Rick the Pats are pretty damn good, I absolutely agree, just keep in mind what happened last time they went undefeated during the regular season.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Wow I didn’t think NE was going to have an undefeated season I didn’t expletive Baltimore to be the team that ended the streak good job Ravens.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    As much pain as it caused me, I cheered for the Ravens tonight. They played one heck of a game!
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    As long as the Patriots get home field advantage throughout playoffs they'll be most likely getting to the bowl again. What the Ravens did was nice, and Lamar Jackson has some excellent moves, but it would take a lot for him to do that in New England. Especially in January while Belichick has more film on him now. Can't wait for Monday night a week from now.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    The Ravens played a good game - I'll give them credit. They exposed some weaknesses in the Pats defense. But I have no doubt that Belichick and crew are already hard at work creating new schemes to shore up those weaknesses.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Pats played a sloppy game and gave the game away with uncharacteristic penalties and turnovers to a good team coming off a bye on the road. A regular season loss is nothing. Things still go through Foxboro. Pats should get their starting tackle back which is huge the backup is awful. Regular season loss that will be put to good use.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I am ready to destroy some football stadium shitters
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Someone will need to bring dynamite to unclog those shitters
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Good game today b/w LSU & Bama - gotta give credit to Bama, they always play-hard and make a game out of it even when they're down - but I think Saban may be losing a bit of a step as Bama has not looked as formidable/dominating as in the past
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    lamar Jackson is proving me wrong. I’m happy he’s doing so good, but I never saw this coming. He seemed so raw and undefined as a passer. But at this point it’s obvious he’s gotten better since his rookie season. I thought the Ravens would take a step back this year because I thought teams would figure out Lamar, but boy was I wrong. Hopefully he can keep it up. We’ll see
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Baltimore is the real deal. Makes me wanna go back and watch just how the hell they lost to the Browns.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Atlanta played probably their best game of the season and probably saved Quinn's job. I think the Bengals might finish the season 0-16 the way they're playing. The jets won again. The dolphins look competitive in a game with a beat up colts team. The browns even beat a "pretender" in the bills. But the bengals look absolutely horrid.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @VH Dolphins/Patriots is always gonna be a different type of game because they are divisional opponents. Just like the Cardinals always give the Niners problems no matter how bad they are. Division rivals know each other so well. I went back and watched the highlights of that Browns/Ravens game. Browns offense was just firing on all cylinders and Nick Chubb was a boi that game. Plus Lamar Jackson was surprisingly sacked quite a few times.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    How about them dolphins though?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dolphins are fucking-up IMO - what good is it to win a few games and still have a shitty sub-500 team next year w/o a top QB pick for the future
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Sunday Night Football 😊
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Fucking Cowboys always starting off slow - that's the fucking coaching - they need to get a real HC
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that has them better prepared
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    And freaking Ezekiel - he got a big contract and now he can't make anyone miss-in-the-open field (he looks like he's been smoking weed b/f the game)
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Chulo HEATED Lololol
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I should be on the Cowboys coaching-staff - they would be playing at a Chulo-level
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Fucking Cook killing the Cowboys with the short-passing-game - they gotta put a spy on that guy
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    KC took another loss today. At this rate they're on pace for a 10-6 or even 9-7 season. I guess it will be up to the ravens to challenge the Pats for the No. 1 Seed in the AFC. It's looking more and more like the path to the Superbowl is going to run through Foxboro.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Or San Fran
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    And I still like Nolas chances
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Fucking Ezekiel was looking like a bum out there while being the highest paid runningback in the league - FUCK
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Boom! Take that, Chulo 😊
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The Vikings did what they needed to do - the Cowboys are underachieving as usual given the talent they have - that's what you get for having a mediocre "Yes Man" headcoach
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Zeke looked like crap because it seems Minnesota's defensive scheme was geared at stopping the run and forcing Dak to beat them. Which he almost did, but just couldn't do it on that last drive. I give credit to the defense for that. Dak was lighting them up through the air but then they started sending those blitzes on that last drive and he had to unload that ball faster and was way less accurate. On to tonight and this is the biggest game the Niners will have played since the 2014 NFC championship game vs Seattle. We NEED this win! I don't care about any undefeated record or anything. I would rather we lost at Arizona and be 7-1 going into this game angry and ready to make amends. But we CANNOT lose to Seattle. I don't care if we lose vs Green Bay or Baltimore after this......we CANNOT lose to the Seachickens again at home and have them eating Turkey legs on our 50 yard line......we OWE these muthafuckas! Make them pay, tonight!!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Kinda a boring game tonight IMO
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's gotten better in the 2nd-half but the 1st-half boring
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow - Overtime!
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    This shit got me going through the highest highs and the lowest lows! Let's finish this!!!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Shanked the FG - nerves!
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Jesus. What can you expect with the rookie. At least he got use into overtime. What a game.
  • SerenitySinn
    5 years ago
    Can they both just lose😜
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Here we go - game-winning FG-attempt
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Timeout - will he hit it a 2nd-time?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Both teams played their butts off - but you can't give Russell Wilson multiple chances
  • SerenitySinn
    5 years ago
    San Fran 8 - Oh a loss 👏
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Damn. What a game. Sucks we lost after all that but we did a lot just to climb back in there after handing them a 11 point lead with the two fumbles. It'll be much tougher to take these guys down in Seattle but I think if we have Kittle and Sanders back it'll make a HUGE difference in our offense. Without them, our passing attack didn't look very potent. Russell Wilson is amazing, although he almost gave us the game with that pick in OT. That pass looked like something Jimmy G throws in every game at some point. Still, the run he had to set up the field goal was classic. The rest of the schedule will be damn near just as tough, so we better hunker down.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    And the 1972 Dolphins still stand alone as the NFL's only undefeated team! (Pops champagne cork..... 🍾🥂)
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Small diversion, Twentyfive, isn't it nice now that a good thread like this can stay open even if it goes quite for some time, instead of closing 2 weeks after the last post. :) :) :) SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Point being it's mostly on topic, there's not a lot of flaming here, and the ball busting is mostly good natured, guys horsing, around having some fun, and next season we will start a new thread, god willing.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Sounds good, but you must also see that what makes this all feasible is that now threads stay open, instead of closing 2 weeks after their last post. SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^You are just trying to change the topic, this thread is about football, if you want to talk about another topic, start your own thread don't try to hijack mine.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^just pointing out to you how important it is to let threads stay open! SJG
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Guess Belichick was right to trade Jimmy G. He's good but no Brady. Good game.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @SJG This thread doesn't go inactive for over two weeks though. The reason being is that way more than one person is participating in the thread. Unlike your threads where it's just you talking to yourself. And even if the thread did shut down in two weeks, we'd just start another one. If it had no activity in two weeks that would mean it ran it's course. @loper I think Jimmy G. hasn't had time to learn yet. This so far is his first full season. I'm willing to ride with him for at least another year and hope to see some improvement. Right now he's still kinda rough around the edges. Asking him to be another Tom Brady is much too big a task. If he could be at least another Jeff Garcia he'd be ok in my book.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    fair enough, though his injury last year was at least partly of his own making -- trying too hard to finish a play instead of giving up. Gotta be smart in this league to avoid injury.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    [view link] You guys see this yesterday? Wild stuff, I can't believe he actually swung the guy's own helmet him. To be fair though, the Pittsburgh QB did start the fight. He didn't like the way he got sacked and looked like he was trying to take Garrett's helmet off. Garrett then showed him how it was done and ripped his off. After the QB tried to follow and escalate the situation Garrett lost his cool and swing the helmet. I hear Garrett is suspended for the rest of the year. While Pouncey, who retaliated after seeing his QB get swung on, got 3 games suspension.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    When I was watching live I thought Rudolph has released the ball way before Garrett wrestled Rudolph to ground and thought it deserved a roughing the passer flag. But now rewatching it, Rudolph released barely before Garrett made contact so possible Garrett didn't know ball had been released. Agree Rudolph started the fight, my guess is he'll skate from discipline out of sympathy for what Garrett subsequently did. Garrett suspended indefinitely through this season and playoffs for sure and will have to get reinstated first for next season. Haynesworth got 5 games for what he did (which was arguably worse), and rest of this season seems fair for Garrett
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Garrett base salary is $3.3M, so the 6 game suspension will cost him around 1.25M in salary, not sure if signing bonus can be taken into account for salary loss. Plus he'll prob get a hefty fine.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Garrett suspended indefinitely through this season and playoffs for sure and will have to get reinstated first for next season. Haynesworth got 5 games for what he did (which was arguably worse), and rest of this season seems fair for Garrett" Idk. I hear everything that you're saying, but 2006 was a different time. There is a lot less tolerance now for that type of gratuitous violence than there used to be. Right now I'm hearing speculation that the total suspension could be as high as 16 games. If someone hadn't been there to blunt some of the momentum in Garret's arm before the helmet hit Rudolph's head, the kid could have suffered a life altering head injury. The NFL has been clamping down on that type of shit for years now and I suspect that they're going to make an example of Garrett.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Damn. Browns beat that Steeler ass in a couple ways last night.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Last time I remember a helmet being swung as a weapon was that Miami FAU brawl a fee years ago. Myles Garrett is probably done for rest of season.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I usually root against the Patriots except when they play the Cowboys whom I always root against, but this game in Foxboro is being played in some shitty weather, it would be better if they had a covered stadium in Ma. they can certainly afford one, I don't understand why the league doesn't require games to be played in conditions that are more easily controlled. I think covered stadiums should be required in most venues to avoid games being played in shit conditions like today.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah - I don't like bad-weather games - it affects the quality of play
  • ime
    5 years ago
    This is going to be an ugly game, and I would have to give the advantage to Cowboys if it wasn't for weather and their coach. Pats are down to three wide recievers with Edelman and two rookie wide receivers one of them undrafted, and no half decent tight ends, and no fullback which they actually use. Dallas has as much talent on their roster as any team.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "It would be better if they had a covered stadium in Ma. they can certainly afford one, I don't understand why the league doesn't require games to be played in conditions that are more easily controlled. " Absolutely. Then right after that they can cut one testicle off of each player to make the game less violent. Then we can cover the players in shawls when they are on the sideline in case the climate controls aren't working perfectly. It's football, not soccer. Being able to execute in the elements is part of the game, including the ability to adjust your game if necessary. The Pats managed to make the plays they needed to and the Cowboys did not. They're supposed to be rugged men battling it out, not sissies like Peyton Manning who needed perfect conditions to excel. Manning's inability to perform in cold weather and wind is why he won so few Superbowls and will never be considered the GOAT. I love these types of smash mouth games in slick weather. This was fun, much more so of course since the Pats are now 10-1.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    There should be no domes and it should be played on grass.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The bad weather was the main reason there was only one touchdown scored in the game from 2 high scoring offenses - and that one touchdown was due to a turnover that gave NE excellent field position
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It would have been a better game sans the weather
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Rick Dugan That was a pretty stupid statement, the game is inherently a violent game, but it isn't Roman gladiators fighting to the death using tridents and nets, the weather negates the skill needed and you are pretty stupid if you think otherwise.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    25, you make a wildly stupid statement and then accuse someone else of being stupid for believing otherwise. SMH. I'm guessing you've never played football in gear and in bad weather. I have. Bad weather doesn't negate skills, but rather separates the truly gifted from the moderately talented. Running is tougher and throwing is tougher, but both must still be done in order to score. In the game we just saw, Brady made some beautiful throws when he needed to, weather notwithstanding, while Dak Prescott could not.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    So to tie the bow, the weather in the Pats game separated the boys from the men.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ If you want to talk about wildly stupid read your own musing on the game it's obvious that you've never played on any level.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Weather negates speed more than skill. It is also what made the game fun, remember this is a game, and if you ever actually played what games did you want to play in the most, it was the rainy, snowy, nasty games. I played offensive and defensive line (O Line in College)so my perspective was if you were fighting it out every play it was more fun that way. If you were a receiver or a skill player the game was a bit harder but it was also harder for the other team. I hated playing on turf, though the turf is better now i am sure it causes more of the knee injuries we see. Football shouldn't be played in a hermetically sealed environment under perfect conditions, leave that to basketball. Play football outside in in the elements (on grass). If you can play in south in the super hot humid days its only right to do have to play games in the rain in the snow up north.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "^ If you want to talk about wildly stupid read your own musing on the game it's obvious that you've never played on any level." That was your response? How sad. Do you know how much harder it is to: 1. Throw a wet ball; 2. Catch a wet ball and secure it; 3. Make a cut in wet turf (that means change direction when you are running with the ball); and 4. Throw a 20 yard pass accurately with the wind in your face? Doing those things requires even greater skill, along with surer hands and feet, all in contravention to your notion that the weather negates skill. But you of course wouldn't know because I doubt you've ever frozen your ass off outside doing anything strenuous, nevermind crashing into other football players when the weather is cold rainy shit. Your hands hurt from exposure, stances and never-ending impacts, you can't feel your face, and every hit you take feels amplified by the miserable conditions, especially when you hit the hard ground.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    So I’m assuming that you fellas believe concussions are fun and life enhancements SMH there’s really no legitimate reason knowing what we now understand to play this game under conditions that are unsafe and promotes injury Again SMFH
  • ime
    5 years ago
    No, now youre changing your argument to concussions and safety. Not weather conditions. You're just moving the goal posts. I guarantee more concussions and injuries playing on artificial surfaces in domes, when there are no elements to slow you down at all.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    25, you're grasping at straws now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Kinda boring non-competitive Sunday night game tonight
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Was hoping Monday night would be a good game but the Rams kind of suck now.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ No I’m not moving any goal posts I’ve never disagreed that the game needs to be played on grass but this afternoon’s game was a wet sloppy mess you know it, when I was younger and played in organized sports, we all hated playing in these type of conditions and I remember it well, there were always a greater number of injuries when we played in cold wet, and slippery conditions
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I don’t know anything about any of this stuff because when I was young I was an absolute klutz and never got picked for any team anytime.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "^ No I’m not moving any goal posts..." Yes you did. You also compared a purported relative risk factor to a situation where injury was known, which was an apples to bananas comparison that only makes sense in the minds of folks who lack nuance and understanding. Now I'm sure they moved your cheerleading practice into the gym when it got cold or wet outside, but football players know what they're getting into going in. They already play a sport where the risk of injury is high, so some nominal added risk from weather, if it exists at all, doesn't move the needle. That's very different from allowing a player to stay on the field with a sustained injury that could be made far worse.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Imma interrupt all this shit to say it again: PUT SOME RESPEK ON MY GOT DAMN NINERS!!!!! Oh yeah and, Patriots looking pretty damn solid also. My personal rankings go #1 Ravens #2 Patriots #3 Seahawks #4 49ers #5 Saints
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Go Bengals!
  • ime
    5 years ago
    49ers are legit, might be the best team right now.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ My personal opinion is road to the Superbowl this year will be through the Superdome !
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    All of these smash mouth enthusiasts damn guys let’s go back to the era of leather helmets no face guards and two way players SMDH now you’re talking football pussies lol
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Ravens vs Niners next week in another huge game for us. At 10am Pacific time. Fucking FAIL by the NFL. This should be the 1pm game of the week easily. Or the night game. Instead what do we have Sunday night? Fucking Patriots, again. I don't care to see them rape the Texans.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    When you got a great defense like the 49ers you will always be in contention - facing a defense like that you're fighting an uphill battle from the start.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Of course the Steelers and their fans will be watching the important games on tv because the steelers players, like their fans, suck uncircumscized cock.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    You'd think that Steelers fans would be embarrassed enough about their team that they wouldn't be trolling the fans of more successful teams. When Pats and 49ers fans are watching meaningful playoff football in January, Steelers fans will have moved on to hockey.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Regardless of who's in the Super Bowl --- this season is already an early Xmas gift --- watching Old Cunt Brady sink deeper into frustration and despair --- how many TDs he tossed in last 6 games, like 4 or 5? LOL" And? 10-1. In the infamous words of Bill Parcells, you are what your record says you are. The Pats are stringing along wins with undrafted scrubs as the number 2 and 3 receivers, a slow tight end long past his prime, a sub-par running game and a suspect offensive line. If it was any other QB back there the Pats would probably have a record as anemic as the Steelers.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ So they got no help from the schedule you believe it's all on merit
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    25, they've only had one loss in 11 games and their wins included the two best teams in the NFC East (Eagles and Cowboys) as well as the team that will probably win the AFC Wildcard spot (Bills). Every other team with a great record has had its share of weaker opponents since each has to play 6 games in its own division and the schedules don't account for teams that tank from one year to the next. The Pats played the schedule they were given and here they are.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ We'll see how the season finishes, looks to me like it's been kinda easy, not saying that NE isn't a good team but the NFC East isn't really a good measure this year, you really don't think that Brady hasn't lost a step or three, I think he is getting away with shit, all over the field, the zebras seem to be giving him some deference, this season, and the old man is not hitting as well as his record seems to be, it's not gonna be a coronation, in the second season. You would be better served being more circumspect, even Brady and Bellichick are downplaying expectations, I'll save my trash talk for the end of the second season, then I'll have something to say.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I never saw the Rams falling of a cliff like they did this year - I thought they were the team of the future and would only get better.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Wow the Rams are awful.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I am ready to troll some baristas!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Another epic Auburn/Alabama game - over 90 points scored - wow
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Pretty-evenly matched 49ers/Ravens game - it wasn't a super-game wirh a lof of huge-plays but it was still pretty-entertaining
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    My Niners fought hard, I can live with that loss. That game could have went either way. I actually have a lot more confidence in the team now. Mobile quarterbacks are our weakness but despite that we kept it close. Vs the Saints at home next week is another tough matchup but at least we don't have to worry about old man Brees beating us to the edge over and over on the run . I think Bosa and the boy dawgs up front will see a lot more action than they did in today's game.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Patriots are playing in Houston tonight: A Boston Sportswriter mentioned that overall the Pats are 10-1 with an average score of 32.5 -19.0. It was also in Houston where the Pats won the Super Bowl in 2004 (#2 for Brady - Belichek). It’s also where the 2018 Red Sox eliminated the Astros in game 5 of the ALCS, where Larry Bird won his first NBA Championship, and where Roger Clemens learned to throw a fastball. And it is the home of the Houston Texans, “a sometimes formidable football team that is constitutionally incapable of beating the NE Patriots”. Vegas has the Pats by 3. I’ll say Pats by 6. I think Charlie Brown is kicking those pesky PAT’s.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow - Vikings looked good on that first drive
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    And in typical fashion Russel Wilson drives his team on the next drive and ties it up
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Some good NFL games this weekend: Baltimore at Buffalo San Francisco at New Orleans Kansas City at New England Seattle at Los Angeles (Rams)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Yes, this will be an excellent Sunday of football. I think I'll be in front of the TV for nine straight hours.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's a beautiful day in Miami today - blue skies with bright sunshine and 80-degrees w/o feeling hot - great day to be outside. But - great Saturday for college football with it being the conference championship games thus I'm staying inside - good games today: Baylor/Oklahoma Georgia/LSU Ohio St/Wisconsin Anyway looking forward to any particular game or rooting for anyone in particular?
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Assuming LSU wins, Georgia will probably drop out of the four spot to the Big 12 champion. Watching the Baylor/Oklahoma game makes me wonder if either team could actually beat Georgia. I am rooting for Wisconsin. Unlikely to happen, but I would love to see the upset.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Ohio St is losing - I wonder what happens if they lose (although they're so talented I think they'll pull it out)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Just watched the Gronkoski interview on Sunday Morning, I’m sure @ Rick Dugan would have a snarky comment about what a pussy he is but, Gronk has his priorities in order, the game would be much improved by protecting the players better.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's a shootout in New Orleans - level of play is similar to a playoff game
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow - congrats to the 49ers - very-good game - I didn't think the 49ers had what it took to drive down and win it since they're a less experienced and up and coming team, but seems the 49ers had the upper-hand most of the game with NO playing catch-up.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Now THAT...... was some good ass football! Hell of a game! Man I'm so proud of the Niners right now. Withstood that early onslaught from Drew Brees and went blow for blow. And George Kittle saved our ass on that last drive. 4th and 2 straight beastly dragging mofos even while having his facemask grabbed.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    With the patriots playing today I’m surprised there’s not a flame war on this thread yet
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    New England is being HAMMERED by KC! I am really enjoying this.😄
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    NE almost pulled it out - KC wasn't able to definitively put NE away. KC also got lucky with some bad/erroneous calls going against NE.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ All true Papi, but at the end of the day the Pats offense didn't play good enough to deserve a win. The O-Line is atrocious and the none of the receivers can get open. Everybody is double teaming Edelman now because they've figured out that he's the only decent weapon.
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    FYI: Kansas City Star sports writer headline -- " Insta-reaction: Chiefs knock off Brady, Belichick’s Patriots 23-16 at Foxborough The Chiefs did it: They went into New England and outlasted the Pats."
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    I'm glad the game didn't last 5 minutes more! And that was an egregious call, but then, whose fault was it that NE was out of challenges?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The Patriots aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, I called it back at the beginning of September, Gronkowski was a large part of their success and they haven't found anyone to pick up the slack, sorry guys but Brady is human, and getting old, if they bring him back next season, i will be surprised.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ When an O-Line can't protect the QB for 3 seconds and his receivers are undrafted scrubs that can't get separation in one on one matchups, he's going to look human. Even Brady can't do it all by himself. He has done so much with so little for so long that they took it for granted and directed most of their resources to the D, which is the best in the league, but in the process they couldn't absorb injuries and other personnel issues in the offense. Brady is still a great QB with very bad pieces around him. If he leaves in the off season, it will be his choice because the Pats are certainly not going to cut him.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Patriots will win the super bowl this year.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m not blaming Brady for the porous O- line but with the only threat being Edelman opportunity is there for the opposing teams to stack the pass rush Brady is not nor has he ever in my mind been a guy to slip the rush, as a result he’s taking a tremendous beating this year especially, only target gets doubled up with no pressure relief valve available
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    They were worse at this point last year. I think we will see a far better offensive performance moving forward and thats assuming Antonio Brown doesn't suit up for them in 2 weeks.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ after every game lately we see Brady with han elbow or some other body wrapped and iced he’s taking a beating this year it can’t be beneficial to a fourty two year old man or helping with his longevity in the league
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    anyone watching the G-men taking down the Eagles, Eli is putting on a clinic tonight at halftime the score is Giants 17 Eagles 3
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    WTF has happened to the Eagles - I sometimes think that the departure of Frank Reich as OC (now Colts headcoach) may have had a big effect - o/w IDK why they have fallen off the map like that after having won the SB
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    There go the Giants snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Lots of speculation about this being Brady-Patriots last season together it doesn’t surprise me he has more money than he will ever need at his age the risk of permanent disabling injury is constant, my bet is he’s going to retire.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I would not be shocked but it's not as if I expect it. Some point to the fact that both him, and his personal-trainer whom he relies on heavily and I think are in business together, both have their NE area homes on the market.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ The fact that the homes are for sale is just one of many indications, I think NE is going to need to get into rebuilding mode sooner rather than later and I doubt that Brady really wants to go through that look at the Giants and Eli’s situation for clues, certain similarities exist.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Well Eli got a win today he's going out in style a class act all the way, wish him well and as the Giants longest serving QB hope he makes the HOF on the first ballot he deserves it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Rams seemed on the up-swing as of late and the Cowboys on the down-swing - I was expecting the Cowboys to be blown-out by the Rams today but the opposite happened. I was actually hoping Dallas would get blown the f*** out so there wouldn't be any discussion about getting a new coach (I can see the Cowboys looking like shit the next game and being up-and-down as long as they don't have a good to great coach).
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dang - 49ers fall to the Falcons
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Who’s watching today up first Houston at Tampa The at 4:30 game of the week Buffalo at the Patriots, that should be a good game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'll probably watch Biils/Pats and Rams/49ers if I can hang on for that long
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    O yeah almost forgot at 8:30 it’s San Francisco at the Rams anothe good matchup
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Eli doesn't was not a good enough QB to be a first ballot pick. He only had 3 where he even broke a 90 QBR. He was a decent QB on a lot of teams with a lot of pieces around him, most definitely including those two Superbowl runs. If he gets in at all, it will be a bubble decision after several ballots.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Sorry for the misfires - typing too fast.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ > Eli doesn't was not a good enough QB to be a first ballot pick< Well he was good enough when it counted, your homies lost to him in the big games don’t remember the Patriots ever winning a Super Bowl when playing the Giants that alone will qualify him for a first ballot pick
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Well he was good enough when it counted, your homies lost to him in the big games don’t remember the Patriots ever winning a Super Bowl when playing the Giants that alone will qualify him for a first ballot pick" That's an understandable perspective if you are a Giants fan from NY. But the national media is going to take a look at his whole body of work and a lot of it isn't pretty.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    We’ll see, I think Eli has been a class act throughout, unlike Brady who has gotten mired in a bunch of different scandals, that also will count for a lot. But hey Dugan you seem to be attracted to folks that get involved in a lot of horseshit
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ No doubt that Eli has been a class act. But he's also been a hit or miss QB for most of his career. More miss than hit actually if you look at all the years that he was mediocre compared to his peers. He's had flashes of greatness, but could never seem to harness it consistently. There are a lot of QBs retiring soon who are probably going to be ahead of him in line for HOF votes.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    I assume you're talking about deflategate, 25. I have yet hear anyone give a believable narrative for how the whole process worked. And there is no narrative at all for away games. Besides, none of the "investigators" seemed to have any understanding of the ideal gas law (PV=NRT), i.e. that the ball pressure is a strong function of temperature. It is really simple. A lot of people in the NFL front office hate the Patriots because they're not supposed to win consistently in a league where parity has been the goal.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Don’t forget the sign stealing scandal, or this latest one videotaping of a competitors practice and hell the list goes on and on I remember a snow game against the Jets where they plowed the field when the Pats had a possession and not when the Jets did, that list is long and probably most egregious since Bellicheck became the head coach if I started to think about it I’d come up with more
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Here we go again with the cry baby stuff. Loper, this was why I ignored the silly comment in the first place. Like every team hasn't been trying to get an edge since forever, most notably including the NY Giants. The only reason that this stuff is highlighted for the Pats is because other owners are pressuring the Commissioner to keep a microscope on the Pats since, as you rightly said, they are envious in an era where parity is what the league has been designed to produce. [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Ok Dugan there you go making my point for me again, funny how the winners seem to constantly whine about how unfair everyone is, please spare me they useless bullshit Real winners don’t whine.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ No 25, I was making fun of your whining. ;) I have no reason to whine, just making the abundantly obvious point that the Pats are highly scrutinized now. My team has already secured a playoff spot and is once again playing meaningful football at the end of yet another season. Good times. :)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    BTW I’m not crying about a fucking thing just putting down how often your team seems to be in the middle of a scandal, you have no defense so you just say everyone is crying, if it wasn’t true that would be a defense, but you ain’t saying that it ain’t true your just obfuscating. and saying the everybody does it and III say that’s not a defense and in defense of everybody else why do your homies keep getting caught. Lol
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    What it is with all the hypersensitive and shrill posters on here today? 😀 I think this article explains the absurdity of "deflategate" better than I could. In hindsight it's pretty obvious how ridiculous this whole "scandal" was and what was actually happening. [view link] Also, as far a spygate and other things, the Pats didn't come up with this stuff themselves, nor are they the only ones who did it. This shit has been going on forever across the league. I would encourage you to peruse this site in more detail, preferably before your next tantrum: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    >What it is with all the hypersensitive and shrill posters on here today?< Got to give it to you Ricki Boi I prolly wouldn't a turned a phrase like that, but you are certainly on the mark, at least in an autobiographical way. Gotta say you describe yourself very well, good job.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    The deflator called himself that because he was working on losing weight, duh. And it’s ballghazi, not deflategate.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Eli hasn't been the most consistent QB but if you place #7 on the all-time list for yardage and TDs" That has as much to do with career longevity than with any single outstanding season. He has certainly benefited from league rules which protect QBs and extend many of their careers. But during all those years, most of his individual season QBRs were very pedestrian and his TD/INT ratios were not great either compared to some of the greats that he played against. Shit, his career QBR is a very mediocre 84.1. Peyton will definitely get in before Eli. If a couple other big name QBs retire when Eli does, then he could be waiting for far longer. And if the league keeps changing and other QBs with longevity start surpassing Eli's numbers, then he could be waiting even longer still.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "And if you think they won't induct 4 or 5 QBs in the same class --- you really are dumber than the typical New England chowderhead" Maybe so. But the league is also larger than it was in the late 70s and there are a lot of players who have been waiting for a long time, including players who were dominant in their positions when they played. Eli has not been a top 3 or even likely a top 5 QB almost any year that he has played in the league. HOF Whisperer though you may be, it would be quite a feat for them to include Eli in a ballot already loaded with QBs with so many other deserving players waiting in the wings. I guess we shall see. If we are both around 6 years from now, one of us will be proven right.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Correction, it's Rams at Niners. We already beat them in their stadium a couple months ago. It was the first win we had where people started to finally drop the notion that we've only played garbage teams so far. I think the Rams are dangerous. They laid an egg against the Cowboys and that knocked them out of the playoffs. Still, they're a division rival so they might be motivated to play spoiler. If we want to keep hope alive for that #1 seed we can't go out and play like we did against Atlanta. As for the Eli debate, I agree with Rick Dugan. Peyton is definitely gonna be 1st ballot HOF, can't see Eli being the same. Yes he had two nice Superbowl wins but he never grabbed headlines like Rodgers, Brees, etc.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    There wasn’t any debate, it was RickiBoi being a Dugan, throwing shade for the sake of throwing shade, all I said was very simply “ Well Eli got a win today he's going out in style a class act all the way, wish him well and as the Giants longest serving QB hope he makes the HOF on the first ballot he deserves it.” That was last week so all week Dugan was just stewing in his own vitriol trying to figure out how he could be a jerk and then when he figured out how, he did what he always does, acted like the nippy little ankle biter he actually is.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ P. S. I think the LA Rams need to win or they’re out
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Eli is 7th All Time in passing-yards and touchdowns - that's pretty-good for All Time - add to that 2 SBs and it's a pretty convincing argument IMO
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    When push came to shove the Bills got shoved
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Yes they did tough game for them though
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Well, while a few of you continue to push this notion that a long lived career of mediocrity (underperforming TD and QBR stats included) and a couple of Flacco-esque Superbowl performances should translate into a first round HOF ballot... I am basking in yet another win provided courtesy of the GOAT. 12-3 baby and the AFC East champs! Assuming we beat a gutted and defeated Dolphins team next week at home, a guaranteed 1st round bye as well. Yee haw! It continues to be fucking great to be a New England Patriot fan! I feel so spoiled, especially after rooting for a crappy team for the first 30 years of my life. To have such good football for so long, to start every single season feeling like we will contend, to have 11 straight AFC East Championships, a ridiculous number of Superbowl wins and appearances and countless AFC Championships... I know this run has to end some day, but man this has been fun for a very long time. Amiright or amiright? 😃
  • loper
    5 years ago
    YOu're right, RD
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    @ rick, VHH, etal: Who am I quiz: "I was #1 draft pick for the Patriots, have a 2-0 record in Super Bowl (with another team), including 1 MVP award in Super Bowl, have 8-2 record in playoffs, yet I haven't been inducted into Pro Football HOF." Does the name Jim Plunkett ring a bell ? Point being that 2-0 SB record isn't a sure thing to be inducted into SB. I'm with rick on Eli Manning's HOF prospects. He's no clinch to be inducted. His path won't be as smooth as his older brother's if he (Eli) does eventually get inducted.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Good Rams/49ers game - they went back and forth
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "You'll be changing your tune when the Mighty Ravens SLAUGHTER you Cheats in that rowdy stadium in Baltimore --- can't wait to see Brady CRY :-)" Even if this comes to pass, it means that the Pats are playing in the AFC Championship. What will your team be doing in January? ;)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Plunkett is not in the Top 20 all-time for any meaningful stat for QB metrics --- Eli is top 10 and that means he gets in on first ballot --- why so many stupid people in here who know nothing about football?" We shall see. It's going to be very hard for many HOF voters to ignore Eli's overall career mediocrity.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ That’s really kinda stupid even for you Dugan, tell us how mediocre is a sixteen season NFL career Might be more successful than anything you’ve ever done.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Dugan is just an insecure, shrill little guy, trying really hard to be relevant, lol
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    It's interesting that anyone that has any football knowledge at all would consider a sixteen year NFL career mediocre, wow, that's hard to believe.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Also the question remains as to whether Eli will still be in the top 10 six years from now. The reason that the current crop of QBs are breaking these records is because they are lasting much longer in the league with all the new protective rules. The younger crop is going to last longer too, which means that it's very likely that a number of them will surpass Eli at some point.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I hate the patriots coach. But anybody who denies that Brady is a superb player is a damned idiot. Maybe the team will fall apart when he’s gone, maybe not, but they’re a good team NOW.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    J-E-T-S; Jets! Jets! Jets!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Same old Cowboys - last week they rip-apart a good Rams team - this week they only score 9 points against a mediocre and decimated Eagles team. Good riddance - this should solidify making a way overdo coaching change - I just hope they get a big-time coach and not another yes-man that kisses Jerry Jones' ass.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    You know damn well that's all their gonna get. Jerry Jones only likes 'yes boss' coaches these days so they'll get another puppet.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "^ That’s really kinda stupid even for you Dugan, tell us how mediocre is a sixteen season NFL career" The per season numbers don't lie. In his best season he was a good but not spectacular QB. He benefited from a league with more teams than decent QBs. He also rode those two SB wins and NYG fan loyalty for many years after, even as he got progressively worse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Saints' Michael Thomas broke the single-season receptions-record with 145-receptions for the season - and he still has one game to go so he could possibly get to 150+ (assuming he plays next week but I was just reading that with the Seahawks' loss today the Saints can possibly move-up and get a buy in the playoffs depending what happens next week. Also read that the 49ers/Seahawks game has been moved to Sunday Night primetime.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @Papi as it should be. #1 seed at stake, all hinges on the outcome of this game.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ Better check out a Monday nights game Packers at Vikings first, dumbass! If GB wins they be #1 and next week’s game won’t matter. J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    KC seems to be peaking at the right time I’ll be watching them they do have the ability to win it all
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Patriots go to the super bowl tranny boy VH.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Wow $100 lol. Big spender lol. $5,000 bet is de rigeur.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    You should pick the Jets! J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Lmao @ the turd VH.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    If you were smarter you'd come up with new material. If.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Last night the Packers impressed me while the Vikings looked like a second rate high school team
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    I literally slept on Aaron Rodgers last night (decided to call it in at halftime) and woke up to regret it. Whoops.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Rogers v. Cousins is the difference. Watching Brady v. Rogers in the super bowl will be great; just not as great as 5 years ago would have been.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Ok loser.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Well the season is coming to a close three divisions are still up for grabs, the game I’m watching is late The Giants can make or break the winner of the NFC east, if they beat Philly the Cowboys are in if The Eagles win bye bye Jason Garrett. I’m so torn.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As a Cowboys fan I want so badly for the Cowboys to miss the playoffs that I will rooting for shitty Philly - I'm hoping if old-man Jerry Jones gets smacked hard-enough maybe he'll come to his senses and cease control bc he's the biggest impediment to the Cowboys' success
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    It's always fun when teams are still playing meaningful football in the last game of the season. The Pats need a win against the Dolphins today to lock up the 2nd seed bye or else the Chiefs could slide into it and the Pats would have to play on Wild Card Weekend. I can't imagine the Dolphins upsetting, but on any given Sunday you never know.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Only game I find worth watching is 49ers/Seahawks tonight
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I'll add one point to this convo, if AB suits up as a Saint, and the Saints win, Belichick's days as "the genius" are over
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Damn, those Dolphins hung tough today, stole a bye from New England, congratulations !
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that's incredible - I guess that's what happens when they can't record the opponents' sideline 😄
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    K.C. got the prize I doubt that the Patriots will be playing on Super Sunday !
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think I heard on the radio this is the first time since 2010 the Patriots will play a wildcard playoff game
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^BFD I predicted this before the season started just scroll back you'll see i said the Pats wouldn't be all that without Gronkowski!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    That was to VH
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I'm not feeling Rodgers so much this year, his timing seems off, I might be more positive about Seattle and/or Baltimore. K.C. in my opinion is ready to take all the marbles though.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Ugh. That hurt. I also miss AB a lot right now. He only played for one game but he was excellent. Our guys just can't get open, even against Miami.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah - Rodgers has seemed pedestrian several times this year
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ That's what a retired Gronk'll do to y'all
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... I also miss AB a lot right now. He only played for one game but he was excellent. Our guys just can't get open, even against Miami ..." Looks like the blueprint is out w.r.t. beating NE And skimping on offensive talent seems to have caught up with them
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's turned out to be an interesting final week of the season w.r.t. several seedings still being up in the air especially in the NFC
  • bdirect
    5 years ago
    i got to watch the steelers lose to ravens, to funny
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    here's a bit of a news tidbit, Tom Brady is about to become a free agent I think for the first time, bet he gets a major payday, and the smart money says he is out of New England when the Patriots exit these playoffs ! NFL BY JASON FRAY Predicting Where The Top 30 NFL Free Agents Will Sign This Offseason Tom Brady Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports Here’s the shocker of the offseason. The much-rumored split between Bill Belichick and Tom Brady will ultimately happen. We know Brady won’t go to a team not ready to contend for a Super Bowl. We also know that he could head back to the West Coast where he’s originally from (San Francisco) and where he lives during the offseason (Los Angeles). Seeing as he’s a Bay Area native, it makes all the sense in the world for him to play for the 49ers — particularly if SF doesn’t make it to the Super Bowl this season. John Lynch won’t hesitate in pursuing Brady should he show interest. Buoyed by a strong run game and a big-time defense, it’s a near perfect fit for Brady. Prediction: San Francisco 49ers
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    he ain't gonna go to the Vikings Cousins is our QB for at least one more season
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I would have not thought the 49ers would be a landing spot for Brady - that would basically mean kicking Garapollo to the curb after paying him a very big contract - I don't see that happening since Garapollo is likely the future and Brady would be short term
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think I've heard the Chargers could possibly be an option given River's slide as of late
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Or Brady could do a Peyton Manning and head to Denver that has a pretty-good defense
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The Bills are a good option football wise but I don't see prettyboy Tom living in Buffalo
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    w.r.t. Brady - the Cowboys have a lot of talent and pretty-loaded offensively - but too much drama and uncertainty in Dallas
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Very sad performance by my Patriots today. My expectations are low for the playoffs -- maybe one and done. Unless Brady is secretly injured I would urge him to quit after this year -- nothing seems to be left in the tank. Hope I am forced to eat these words.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    As for you cheatriot nonsense, VH, don't you think that if the Patriots were habitual cheaters they would have done a little better for themselves today?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I didn't see Brady play today but from what I've seen this season he is still good in the areas many consider a QB needs to be good in: + accuracy + decision making Plus he still seems to have the competitive fire
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Pretty anticlimactic SNF first-half but credit to Seattle they came back and almost pulled it out
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    San Fran win but goddamn Seattle brung it down to the wire, exciting a season finale as I've seen.
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    @VH_Kicks, regarding the whole deflate-gate stuff, did you know that an MIT physics professor actually worked out the physics of that whole deflated ball scandal? Turns out that air pressure actually responds to temperature... who knew? [view link]
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    ^^ did you watch the video? You know what the very best evidence is? Physical evidence. Physics doesn't just stop working because you want to believe somebody cheated. Refusing to divulge the contents of personal text messages does not a guilty person make. Perhaps you should reconsider the essence of "proof." I hope you never sit in a jury.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    You know why I'm here: PUT SOME RESPEK!! ON MY MUTHAFUCKIN!!! #1 SEED SAN FRANCISCO FORTYNINERS!!!!! But I still think the Ravens are winning the whole thing. Dat nigga Lamar Jackson is too damn good.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I wonder if a professor from outside Massachusetts would have come to the same conclusion 😄 Plus - I don't recall the other team's balls being affected by the weather.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Miami hadn't beaten NE in Foxboro since 2008 (and they play in the same division LOL)
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    "Plus - I don't recall the other team's balls being affected by the weather." - Was that sarcasm? Perhaps you should watch the video, he applies the same laws of physics to the Colts' ball. Ever studied the ideal gas law? It's not biased in favor of the Patriots! LMAO. "Why did Brady...?" - Even if you lack the imagination that would allow you to come up with an alternate explanation for his defense of privacy, then that still would not constitute evidence for the alleged act of deflating the ball to a pressure outside NFL regulations. It's called SKEPTICISM. If our courts held the same standard for evidence that you seem to hold then we would be putting millions of innocent people in jail. "Why were you out in the middle of the night at the same time that the bank was robbed, and why did you delete your text messages from the same night? See, your honor? He obviously did it." "Guilty!" - idiot judge (e.g. VH_Kicks)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    My question is: If the Pats' balls were found to be under-inflated and it was bc of the weather - then why weren't the other team's balls found to be under-inflated if they were both playing under the same weather
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    ^^ balls were measured indoors (room temperature). The pressure of a football is a function of many factors which include ambient temperature and TIME. If the balls were measured during half-time, and one team's balls were measured first and the other team's balls were subsequently measured, then the second team's balls were allowed more time to equilibrate to room temperature. All of this is explained by the video. The MIT professor is a professor at at prestigious university for a reason--he did his homework! He read the technical reports by the NFL and demonstrated that basic principles of physics were not accounted for (principles that even some high school students learn in their senior year).
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Sure junior - sure 😄
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Wild card weekend Who’s watching I’m going with the home team in all four games
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    You really think the Eagles have a chance against Seattle??!! If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Seattle and SF will be playing for the third time this season in SF next weekend. The other three games, not so sure of. I'm rooting for the Titans to go into Foxboro and do just as Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins did last week. That team is full of monstrous football players, especially Derrick Henry and AJ Brown. I think the Vikings are about to get motorboated in the dome against the Saints. And the Bills/Texans matchup is the hardest one to call. If I had to guess I'd say the Bills will win, since the Texans have a long history of 1st round exits.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I do think that Philly will win, they have had a shit ton of adversity and came through when it counted,I'm also rooting for the Titans but I just don't think that New England is going out in the first round at home, if I'm wrong it won't make me sad, the Vikings won't be able to keep up with Nola scoring or anything else that game is the one I think looks like a blowout, and I'd give the edge to Buffalo for the same reasons as you are.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    I'm not totally confident that my Patriots will win, but I'm not going to count them out. One thing we Patriots fans have learned is to never count them out.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    these wildcard games are very interesting IMO--especially houston vs buffalo and philadelphia vs. seattle. hell, the titans may even pull out the upset because they can run the ball and that's what the patriots struggle at defending. as far as the vikings, i don't think we'll do too good. a couple of our corners who usually start are out and in general our defense hasn't been as good this season as it has in previous years---but we'll see
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    w.r.t. today's games: + Bills over Texans -the saying used to be "defense wins championships", and it may still apply - Bills are #3 in total defense, Texans 28th + Titans over Patriots - going out on a limb bc I would normally pick the Patriots eyes closed but: * Patriots have recently lost against former assistants -Dolphins this year, Lions and Titans in 2018 (they may know the Patriots well?) * one would assume Patriots are not currently able to videotape their opponents
  • bdirect
    5 years ago
    bills and patriots win today, there is not any great teams this year, (like the miami dolphins perfect season)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    J
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Anyone notice how announcers this year say, "punt it away" or punt the football away" instead of just "punt"? Drives me nuts. It's redundant, and it violates my no extra verbiage rule.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I guess you're a "get off my lawn" type of guy 😄
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Good game and gutsy play by the Texans, I didn't expect them to hang as tough as they did.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I can't believe they pulled that off. Guess you were right if you picked all the home teams so far.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Yeah football is funny that way, the home teams are usually winners, in close matches, I don have any proof but I believe that the home team wins most overtime and close games, and I did believe Texas would keep it close, and I'm expecting Philly to do the same
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Good teams that know how to win put teams away - Buffalo was controlling most of the game but didn't do enough to put Houston away - when I saw Buffalo not put them away and capitalise on their opportunities, I felt Deshaun Watson was gonna get'm at the end as he's often done
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Holy crap almost a pick-6 by Tennessee before halftime
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I thought the Patriots were asserting themselves for part of the first-half but Derrick Henry has been a man in the first-half w/ over 100-yds rushing
  • bdirect
    5 years ago
    hats off to texas, big come back, the bills had a heartbreaker loss
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Holy shit - the evil empire has fallen
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Well - at least they fought to the end and kept it close
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    Dugan will have an explanation for why it’s ok
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dugan is gonna have to switch his white-polyester-suit to a black one 😄
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It was the "Derrick Henry Show" - Tannerhill didn't do much but at least he didn't lose the game with mistakes
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    New England still made it further than Pittsburgh did
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Good for the Titans . congrats
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Dugan is gonna be sooo depressed LOL
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    I hope it’s obvious to everyone why I specifically mentioned Pittsburgh
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Second half of Vikings and Saints should be interesting. I don’t think this game was expected to be interesting.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    What’s the score?
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    13-10 Vikings.
  • bdirect
    5 years ago
    seahawk win over eagle, but lots of upsets- texans, titans, and vikings are still in the game
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    This game isn't going as expected either. Thought we were gonna see offensive fireworks from Brees and company. Instead Brees looks off, the best Saints offense has come from Taysom Hill, and Dalvin Cook is running all over them. Still a lot of time left but that Vikings defense is tough.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Dugan is gonna be sooo depressed LOL" I am. Have to change my avatar now since it's no longer on point. But on the bright side, we had another winning season and another foray into the playoffs. Most teams were done playing in December, including the Giants and the Steelers.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Looks like the Saints aren’t going down without a fight
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Rick it was fun watching the Patriots loose next year it’ll still be fun
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    OT! What an incredible wildcard weekend so far. Who you got??!! I have zero clue who's gonna take it. Although the Saints offense is moving the ball a lot better than the Vikings right now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm thinking you can't give an explosive offense like NO too-many chances - thus I see NO pulling it out due to the Vikings been unable to put them away when NO wasn't doing too-well
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Well - there goes my prediction - Thielen just caught a bomb and put them at the 2 or so
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Wow - Vikings pulled it out on a basketball play
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Although it seems he pushed off
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Welp that was a shocker good for the Vikings
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    :-)
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    High five GoVikings ! I’m buying the first round!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Pretty-boring Seattle/Philly game so far - does not feel like a playoff game and more like an early regular season game
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Dang - Carson Wentz may be out for the game - going from bad to worse in terms of quality of the game
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ It's not looking like a good year for quarterbacks over forty
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    ^Both Brady and Brees looked mortal this weekend.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ And now Wentz is hurt
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    So much for most of the home teams this weekend.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Huntsman Yeah this was a weekend for the books, lets see how the rest of the second season shapes up
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^^ J-E-T-S; Jets! Jets! Jets! Do you know what the Jets and the Steelers have in common? They both went home early this season!! Jajajajajajaja....
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    The more I see the review of calls and such, the more I detest them. First off, the reviewer should NOT have access to slow mo. See it as the on field refs saw it! Different angles are fine, but still normal speed.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    @Trump-for-Prison-2020: "Ole Pete deserves to be redeemed" ugh... Don't get me wrong, I love Pete's energy and enthusiasm and *almost* everything he's done for the Seahawks... But, every now and than he just fucks them. Like the week 17 game w/ 49'ers, delay of game call. WTF!!! Some of the decision he makes are just stupid. (I'm assuming these are his calls, as head coach, he's fucking responsible for them or allowing some other dumbass to make them). Redemption? Maybe after he finally stops fucking off the occasional last second game changing calls in big games!!! (and there's a lot of them he gets away with).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Giants have reportedly hired Patriot wide receivers coach, Joe Judge to be their new head coach, and that same source (bleacher report) says that Jason Garret from the Cowboys will will become offensive coordinator
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I don't get hiring Garrett, or Joe Judge for that matter. Amazed that the Giants still cannot get it together years afyter they forced out Coughlin.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    4 years ago
    ^ I have a theory as to what was in it for the Dolphins when they destroyed New England's chance for a first-round bye in the regular season. They needed to save their town from all the Patriot fan riff-raff. Kudos to the Titans and the Dolphins for taking the NFL part way out of the toilet (although it will still be a toilet bowl until they finally flush Goodell).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^Yeah those furrinars from Bastahn can't they lahn to speak Americahn LOL
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Surprise Surprise, any more surprises that you expect this week, didn't see Tennessee coming but how about today's games I like KC's chances but the game that is hard to figure is Seattle v Green Bay I'm going to bet on Rodgers one last time, but that's my throwaway we'll see
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "I should say no-call on the Vikings --- 99% of experts are saying it was offensive pass interference on that final TD" They were each hand checking and the defensive player didn't even turn his head around to find the ball. If there was a push off it was subtle. It was a good no call.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    The Titans shocked the heck out of me though. The way they just shut Baltimore right down was impressive.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Browns have hired Vikings OC Stefanski as head coach. I guess we now know why the Vikings’s offensive game plan stunk yesterday.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Seahawks seem to be running-on-fumes - their running-game is virtually non-existent and their defense is not dominant like in years past - the Packers aren't world-beaters but I think they are currently a better team than the Seahawks (not to mention Packs are playing at home).
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The 2 best teams seem to be SF and KC - and I believe they have homefield throughout - I see those 2 in the SB and I see SF winning it all if their defense is healthy
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    ^^^ Steelers for Prison-2020 aka Ben Rothlesberger and VH_SucksDicks on the Rickey!! Lmfao!
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    This Superbowl is totally up for grabs with the way the Titans took out both the Patriots and the Ravens in stunning fashion . If anything, I'd have to say the the Titans are the team to beat now. All I know is, I'm so happy to have those three key players on defense back for my Niners. With Dee Ford back on the edge teams can no longer zero in on Nick Bosa. Jaquiski Tartt back in to help our secondary and Kwon Alexander back starting at middle linebacker and NOW we are the same team that went 8-0 to start the year. Yesterday the defense looked like it looked for the first half of the season when we were holding teams to under 20 points week to week. With our pash rush back to what it was I feel a lot better about our chances going forward. For today's games I expect Seattle to get by Green Bay. Russell Wilson historically starts slow on the road which is a problem. If the Packers don't jump out to a lead early then I think Wilson in the second half is capable of doing what the Vikings did to the Saints a week ago. As for the Chiefs/Texans it's hard to call. I would usually say the Texans have no chance but I also felt that way about the Vikings against the Saints and the Titans against the Ravens I have no clue what's going on anymore.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^ probably faps to shirtless pics of Antonio brown
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As I posted yesterday in another post, one has to give credit to the Titans for their 2-wins - but they've been significantly outdone in most offensive categories except for Derrick Henry's rushing - Tannerhill has been getting a fair-amount of praise but he hasn't cracked 100-yds passing in either game - one would think it'd catch up to them sooner than later - only teams w/ historic defenses have been able to overcome pedestrian offenses - Titans have a good D but IDK if they are dominant enough to overcome pedestrian offense week-in week-out.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Boom those chiefs own this afternoon kaboom
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Seahawks fought hard like they usually do but it was obvious they didn't have enough of a team - I wasn't particularly blown-away by GB and not too confident they can hang w/ SF
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    One important thing that came out of this weekend was Aaron Rodgers might not be the top dog of QBs anymore, he’s still alive and kicking and he gives Green Bay a chance to win every time he suits up.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    What are the odds? Two teams one victory away from playing on Super Sunday and each faces the last club to knock them off. San Fran beat up on Green Bay early in the season And we all remember that Tennessee victory I’ve Kansas City The only other point I think is important is I know I’m picking SF v KC in the big game if Tennessee actually wins tomorrow than I predict that they win it all and get that visit to Disney!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    We have a game here who's watching ?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm watching now but missed the first quarter
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    would be cool to see andy reid win it all. he's obviously been a consistent coach for a while now-- he just hasn't been able to get over the hump
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    This has been a fun game so far. Rooting for the Titans...
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Mahomes is a rockstar
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I was initially rooting for the Titans bc unless it's my fave team playing I almost-always root for the underdog - but I like Mahomes, and would like to see Andy Reid win one (SB), feels like he's paid-his-dues - also feel the Titans in the SB would be kinda borimg and KC would be a more exciting SB.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Mahomes is really in control of this game, young guy with as much poise as I've ever seen in a quarterback, he only needs to tone down that impulse to take off with the ball so he can stick around, if he moderates those tendencies, it'll be better for him and he will lessen his exposure to injuries.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Mahomes is unstoppable. Vh-kicks aka Trump for Prison was a dick but he was right about Mahomes. That dude can do it all. Entertaining game so far. Titans defense is tough and yet Mahomes is still having his way with them. Derek Henry is also a rockstar but he got stuffed twice in the Titans last drive before halftime, which led to another Chiefs TD. They say he runs better in the second half. If that's the case this could be a photo finish. Bring on the second half!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    28-17 KC Titans are not built to play from behind especially against a high-scoring offense like KC
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    ^ VERY true
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Tennessee had a nice Cinderella run, but I think KC is this years champ there’s still time but I think it’s a pretty forgone conclusion KC has it in the bag
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Titans don't have much room for error - everything kinda has to go right for them in order for them to win a game like this
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    That fake punt, genius. This is their last breath. Like Papi said, no margin for error. 4th down is a go on everything from here on out. If they turn it over on downs at any point this game is over.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    2 possession game. Nice TD but there only chance is for a 3 and out next. I seriously doubt that happens.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Looks like The Chiefs are going to Miami who’s going to join them SF or Green Bay ?
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    hopefully the 9ers
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Titans played hard, credit to them - but when playing an offense like KC, your offense needs to produce a fair amount of big plays to keep up vs playing it safe or playing ball-control.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    49ers/Xhiefo
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    49ers/Chiefs seems the more interesting matchup
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    The niners. Hopefully.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Jeez - Rodgers' body/face language is terrible - he has that "get off my lawn" look
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Niners putting a foot in Green Bays ass.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    This is a long thread. 49ers are killing them. And by the looks of that defense, I think KC will be in trouble in the Super Bowl.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Papi Roger's body language looks exactly like it did in that game where we scraped them 37-8. This game is actually looking worse for them. Warrior, that's all I want to see as well. I noticed in that Titans game that Mahomes had a lot of time to scan the field and pick apart the defense. With our pass rush, I wanna see how well he's able to try to replicate that. This game couldn't be going any better. I just want us to finish strong and punch our ticket to the Superbowl like KC did.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Also like Pinksugardoll says I wish we could like comments. ime posted "Niners putting a foot in Green Bays ass.". :like:
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Niners punched their ticket. They are my pick to win Superbowl. Lock it in!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Watching the 49ers run the ball today reminded me of the late-90s Broncos with Terrel Davis - then it dawned on me that Broncos team was coached by the father of the 49ers HC - the running games seem very similar and I guess not surprisingly so
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Papi you hit the nail on the head. That running game is savage, just like his dad. I remember the Broncos, it seemed like they could put any back in that system and he'd be a 1000 yard rusher for sure. They lost Terrell Davis, they for Mike Anderson, 1000 yards. They lost him, got Clinton Portis, another 1000 yard rusher. Broncos always had crazy run game when they had Shanahan as the head coach. And now Kyle is continuing the legacy. Mostert must love to be in the position he's in. 4 TD's, 220 yards??!!! Those are Derrick Henry numbers, not some guy who's been bounced around the league like a pinball between 5 different teams.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    That second game was boring AF just put me to sleep, hope Kc is able to get some traction against this years edition of SF, or this will be as boring as any of the previous super bowl games.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Hey, blame Green Bay for the game being so boring. Running the ball isn't as exciting as pass plays but if it's working why stop? I personally thought the game was exciting but I realize I'm biased as a 49ers fan.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ It's not that running plays aren't as exciting as passing play's, it's more about how noncompetitive that game turned out to be, I mean San Fran just totally dominated, and over matched Green Bay from very early on, the end was obvious just about 18 minutes in.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Not ALL running plays are boring. Watch Patrick Mahomes' jaw-dropping touchdown run against the Titans [view link]
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    That run was good but I wasn't impressed with the attempts at tackling by Tennessee in that run. In their defense maybe they were scared to tackle him properly because they may have been smacked with a personal foul penalty since he's a QB? Still, good run for him. @Twentyfive once again that is Green Bay's fault for not being able to make the game competitive and thus possibly boring to neutral spectators. For Niner fans like myself I couldn't have asked for a better game. It's funny, the top comment on the highlight video of this game on YouTube lists all the times Joe Buck mentions Raheem Mostert. It was a long list that went like this: "into the arms of Mostert" "he's gone touchdown" "toss, running right, Mostert" "here is Mostert again" "Mostert in the backfield, he gets it, touchdown" "Toss to Mostert" "handoff for the first down and more, Mostert" "handoff is to Mostert, they cannot stop the run" "here it is again, Mostert touchdown, his third" "Mostert, left side, another first down and how about a touchdown" "handoff, first down and the conversion by Mostert"
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - as 25 mentioned, their was no drama or intrigue to the SF/GB game and thus it was kinda boring due to its non-competitiveness.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @TFP ain't my fault that game was boring AF, not a Niner fan, nor a hater, but that game was not the product the NFL had in mind, when they set out to sell entertainment.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Twentyfive I never said it was your fault, I said it was Green Bay's fault. Direct all the complaints at them for it being a boring game. For not being able to stop the run, for not being able to protect Aaron Rodgers, and for just not being plain physical enough. The Superbowl will be much more competitive because A)Mahomes is a mobile QB and everyone knows we struggle with those. Just look at our games against the Cardinals, Ravens, and Seahawks. B)Mahomes, again. Plain and simple the dude can do it all and has the weapons at his disposal. Aaron Rodgers had 1 great guy. That's it, one. Sure he had other WRs and a tight end but they weren't in the level of Kelce, Hill, and Watkins. Truth be told if Seattle had beaten Green Bay I think the NFC championship game would have been epic. It's just different matchups. Green Bay for some reason can take on Seattle but doesn't stand a chance against us. But Seattle as a divisional opponent is always able to take it to us no matter what their record is, much like Arizona.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @TFP I was just being snarky, Green Bay shit the bed Sunday and it was was obvious from the gitgo.
  • SirLapdancealot
    4 years ago
    I was rooting for Green Bay but I knew they had an overinflated record this year. I was actually surprised they beat Seattle. If you look at their regular season schedule the only really strong team they beat was KC and that was when Mahomes was injured. SF was clearly the better team.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Seattle IMO turned out to be kinda a paper-Seahawk - they did not look nearly as good going down the stretch as thru the first-half of the season - perhaps it was Russel Wilson playing super-well and then coming down a bit; Wilson's extraordinary play for the first-half of the season may have been masking the mediocrity of the team.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Papi I agree with that EXCEPT when they play us. It's like no matter how bad Seattle might be playing, when they play us they always bring their A game. Even when their coach doesn't bring his (delay of game at the 1 yard line??!!).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Pro bowl today AFC or NFC is it going to be a real football game or a flag game. One other bit I posted a few weeks back about Eli Manning going to the HOF, no less an authority than Tom Brady agrees check out his tweet to stating that he wished Manning didn't have those two super bowl wins, he (Brady) would have two more .
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Miami traffic is usually horrible on Friday afternoons - with the Super Bowl in town might as well not be on the streets in Miami - damn. Seen 3 small accidents in the last 2-hours and multiple police-stops
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    And we have a situation by the airport in WPB with the President fucking up traffic on a Friday on Southern Blvd with his Motorcade from the airport to Mar-A-Lago on a Friday afternoon at the height of rush hour Traffic down here is like in a banana republic
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ a lot of SoFlo *is* a banana-republic, and a lot of people drive that way particularly in Miami
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Hanging out in South Beach (Ocean Drive) people-watching - I've seen several Chiefs jerseys but haven't noticed 49ers jerseys
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Early Friday eve pre-SB Ocean Dr & 10th by Clevelander Bar: [view link] Next to Clevelander: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The season finale is tonight I like Kansas City to take home the Lombardi Trophy, and I like J-Lo to provide some South Florida flavor, even if she's just Jennie from the Bronx Let's see how she stacks up against our own, Gloria Estafan
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    That the game Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs take this season’s trip to Disney
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    How many NFL players have committed suicide, shooting themselves in the head instead of the heart, so that they can leave their mashed brains to science? SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion