tuscl

[OT] Video Games

Saturday, June 22, 2019 4:14 PM
Anybody here play video games? What game have you been playing most recently? I'm back on a Civilization addiction with the new Civ VI game. Playing that game makes 3 hours seem like 1 hour.

22 comments

• Liwet
    5 years ago
    I'm waiting for Civ VI to go on sale (including its most recent expansion). Civ V is my third highest game by playtime behind Factorio and Binding of Isaac (seriously fuck that game). Currently I'm playing League of Legends and Stardew Valley. Just started Fall Year 2.
  • s275ironman
    5 years ago
    I played a lot of video games in my 20’s, but nowadays, If I set aside an hour or two to play a game, it will be a retro classic like Super Mario Bros. or Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    I've been running through a few different ones lately but I stick with the retro games instead of the new ones. Here are the ones I currently have loaded into the consoles from the past couple of weeks: Super Mario Kart in the SNES Streets of Rage II in the Sega Paperboy in the Gameboy Duck Hunt in the NES Pitfall in the Atari Haven't really played any of the other consoles in months. Counting down to Wednesday when I am supposed to go pick up a Terminator 2 arcade cabinet.
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    @Liwet, Civ VI for $18 here: [view link] I got mine for the same price on Newegg, but their sale has ended.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    CIV is definitely an all time favorite
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Whodey you are speaking my language when you mention Super Mario Kart on SNES and Streets of Rage 2 on Sega Genesis. Two of my all time favorite games. I'm all about that 150cc special cup on Super Mario Kart and Streets of Rage 2 on Mania difficulty.
  • anon4231
    5 years ago
    Lately, it's been Space Engineers for me. Minecraft In Space! With explosions! And then a side of Rogue-likes - I think I'm going to see what the latest build of Cataclysm DDA looks like tomorrow.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I am playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and State of Decay 2 a lot at the moment. I also play CoD WWII and Battlefield V on my Xbox. I also recently played Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Switch - best fighting game ever. I was a huge Civ IV PC fan and play FreeCiv on my phone. Civ is a really good game series. Played Minecraft and Counterstrike on PC a lot too. I've been a video gamer all my life since the first pong console.
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    No one is playing Leisure Suit Larry?
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    @FTS, that website still lists Gathering Storm at $39.99, and Rise and Fall at $19.49, so I'm still paying $80 for the entire package. I'm waiting until it drops to $40 or less.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    [view link] This is my favorite video [view link] is where I got all my shit truck driving skills. The best part is when you drive off the side of the loop de loop at the top and you see the replay of yourself flying upside down... hahaha The other best part is when you drive by the barn you can veer off the side of the road and hit the sign. It makes an awesome sound just like real life when you hit a stop sign. Then you can drive slow and hit the cow and it goes mooooooooo
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    @Liwet, to each their own. I think Civ6 is pretty great by itself, so $18 for dozens of hours of play time seems like a sweet deal. Although, I only play single player. I’ve read that most online multiplayer is on GS, so I guess that makes sense if you’re holding out for that.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Civilization ate up so much of my time, and pissed me off often enough, that I literally took the disc out to the shop and hacked it up with a hatchet.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I like Pong.
  • samiel
    3 years ago
    Slay the Spire and Hearthstone get most of my play time.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I game in cycles, and I'm on an "off" right now. @samiel, I used to play Hearthstone, but gave up when Blizzard started turning out expansions every other month. Cancelled my Blizzard account entirely. I can only afford so many money-wasting hobbies. @anon4231, you ever play TE4? If you're into Roguelikes, it's fun. Haven't played in a while though.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I can't play video games, because if it's a game I like, I'll play it continuously for days. I don't have an addictive personality, except for video games.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Back in the day my roommate and I played Lee Trevino Fighting Golf for 4` hours straight. Played a $10 nassau with $2 junk. After 41 hours, he owed me 3 dollars. I try to ignore the past lol.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Semi necro thread, but... During our shutdown, I really caught up on play time. Skyrim, Elite Dangerous, and Half-Life: Alyx mostly. A smattering of XCom 2, and Railroad Tycoon. Picked up Star Wars Squadrons on sale, but haven't gotten it set up for VR yet.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Skyrim is one of the games where I discovered that I can't play video games in moderation. This thread was originally bumped by a spambot profile. Founder deleted that profile, but when he does that the "bump up" remains in place. It's a relatively evergreen thread so ... [shrug].
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    @C.M.I: That was Railroad Tycoon back in the 80s for me. :D Skyrim VR is simply gorgeous, as is Elite Dangerous in VR.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    I'm still playing State of Decay 2 and Battlefield V on Xbox and FreeCiv on my phone. All as per my earlier post. Since then I also started playing Rocket League a lot on Xbox. It's the modern version of Pong. I love it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion