Living well and enjoying my retirement
That is a fair question

126 comments

• founder
    5 years ago
    I went back to ignore rather than block. I don't like shutting people up

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It would be nice if the ignored post showed the poster's name in addition to the generic text - and for threads started by someone on ignore also show the title of the thread.

Not a must-have but helpful IMO.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Personally I was a big fan of the block. Not a fan of the newest ignore implementation.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Also was a big fan of the block. The reason being is that certain people, thankfully not a lot, don't know how to have civil conversations. By placing those people on block you could then start a thread where the conversation would devolve into pure mudslinging and insults.

Twentyfive I was wondering how Icey was able to post in your topic. I was gonna scold you for not having him on ignore but now I see what's up. What a shame.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    *where the conversation WOULDN'T devolve into mudslinging and insults.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    I would agree with you TFP that the block system encouraged civility. If you insulted someone enough they could just block you so there was a reason for people to temper their discussion tone.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I would also like to make a humble appeal to reconsider the old ignore.

Here is one example of its positive effects:
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

The haters were going after blondbomb hard, but then stopped abruptly after blondbomb put them on ignore. I didn’t realize at the time why the pistola/txtittyfag accidental wrong account slip comment had disappeared, until later I realized about the comment thread disappearing.

*But* if she had the ability to use that feature all along, then it could have been a fun thread the way she intended that didn’t have to diverge the way it did.

Even if the OP is using ignore, the troll just has to redirect the comments from the other participants away from the thread.

And it’s all still not censorship. Somebody can still make his/her own threads.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I like ignore better than block, but I'm with Papi I think there would be some value to showing a little more info. For example, if you could indicate the poster name if I Ignored the poster or the thread name if I ignored the thread.

Not a gripe, the way it is now isn't bad. Just noting that it could be more useful the other way...
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The problem with the block rather than ignore is you have two posters that are actively trying to undermine posts, I don’t really care what they have to say, and I’m far from thin skinned, but if you allow people to just come out and try to take over the conversation there’s no point to a discussion, especially when the both of the two I had ignored will spam the fuck out of a topic and do their best to drive everyone away.
    Realistically a smart ass remark is fine I make them from time to time, but @founder this is ridiculous we have a post about one topic and ignore one will come on and say make out with her in the front room, and take off your pants, then ignore two will come on and say these geriatric tricks are picking on me sorry founder but I bet I’m not the only one that is more than disinterested in dealing with those two.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    @twentyfive - Did you mean to phrase that the other way? As in:

"The advantage of using block rather than ignore is when you have two posters that are actively trying to undermine posts"
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Yes sorry professor ;(
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    That's funny IRL I have the nickname professor.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Founder, then you made the right choice. IGNORE is better than letting it be BLOCK.

If it were BLOCK, then this all degenerates into a battle for Virtual Turf.

Thanks,
    SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    From my end, TUSCL was down for a while and just came back up. May have been some other broad based Internet problem going on today too. Anyone else see this.

SJG

Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillespie, Giants Of Jazz Copenhagen 1971
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVuX3lL…
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    +1 for what 25 said. Virtually all of my blocked posters are trolls and I'm sure that this is the same for most. It is doubtful that a troll is going to add anything meaningful to a thread and far more likely that said troll will derail the thread with crap. The discussion board was a better place due to this control and not having it is going to turn this back into a circus whenever a troll chooses to run wild.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Sorry Rick, but you can't try to hold all threads down to your level.

SJG
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ Case in point. 😉
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Doesn't work rick, you can't hold threads down at your level. You don't own the virtual turf.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I think that users should have the ability to keep other disruptive users from participating in threads that they create. Similar to how we now have the ability to restrict from our discussion feed the threads that we deem to be junk threads (for whatever reason).

Users have plenty of opportunities to express their thoughts and opinions with the 'block' function in place. If a certain user finds him or herself blocked by many, then that says more about the discourse of that widely-ignored user and not those doing the blocking.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I tend to think no one should keep anyone from posting, just use the Ignore feature - o/w it can be abused, IMO
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Ignore feature = out-of-sight-out-of-mind
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    Even if you ignore a poster, it doesn't mean other people will ignore him. Then your thread will devolve into people talking about what the ignored poster wants them talking about rather than the topic you posted.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @founder so y’all like the bickering, you’re facilitating it, after all.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    See what you’re doing @founder you’re now giving those morons that are blocked all of those necrothreads to drown out the real users of the board. I hope your satisfied SJG has now started appropriating Skibums post to pester everyone so the only option is to ignore a post from someone else
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Twentyfive, you have IGNORE, and you have your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room. You should have nothing to complain about.

You cannot bring all conversations down to your level, or try to impose Right Wing Misogynist views on everyone else.

Skibum started that thread with AOC in the title. She does draw lots of attention.

Twentyfive, I'm sending Mamisan out to visit you.

https://www.buttpaste.com/diaper-rash-re…

SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @founder see what I mean
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    SJG you and two others are the ones dragging conversations down to a stupid level, you are acting the same as those Russians that hacked Facebook you find someplace where you’re not ignored and like a cockroach you crawl in and try to take it away from whom it belongs to.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Need a Kleenex?
    ;-)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ No he needs a tampon max size
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    25, this forum is loaded with Right Wing Misogynists. But not every last person here agrees with you guys.

So take the offered Kleenex, and Mamisan will be there soon.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    No 25, you are the one who needs the extra large box of tampons.

SJG
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Now that was an inspired and original comeback

Kinda like "I know you are, but what am I?"
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ flagooner, do you need a visit from Mamisan too?

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    txtittyfag, is a bathouse towel boy, that is when he is not hiding under his rock.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    SJG said "25, this forum is loaded with Right Wing Misogynists."

But only one guy who earned the nickname "Sleepytime Rapist".
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    25 and I don't always see eye to eye, but he is 100% right on this one. The anti-trolling controls that were in place were working. I have a long block list, for good reason. But I am also admittedly abrasive at times, so anyone who doesn't like my posts could block me.

For example, PaulDrake was free to continue his DFW advertising threads, er, I mean his insightful club intel posts, without my interference. Also, for some reason blondbombshell decided to block me which, while a mystery to me since I never had any interaction with her, apparently made her more comfortable. While I wasn't thrilled about being blocked from their threads, it was an acceptable trade-off to having my own threads packed with troll garbage.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @RD It seems that these folks have more rights, because they refuse to follow the rules, I’m far from the most prolific reviewer here on the site, but I get along with others reasonably well, genuinely curb my most disruptive impulses, yet @founder favors the folks that publish tons of off topic drivel, drive women and newbies away, even copy and paste shit from the private section of the forum, like I said earlier I’m far from thin skinned and give as good as I get but sometimes it gets tiresome, as a result I haven’t gotten the motivation to write more than a single review at a time because I feel like what I and you and many others do to drive traffic to this site isn’t appreciated. No I am not interested in a tissue flagooner, and I get that there are others that feel different but I’d bet more are in line with my thinking on this subject than not.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ I preferred the "block" as well, but I'm okay either way.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Block creates a better user experience (particularly for dancers) and cleaner threads.

I continue to believe that users should have greater control over who participates in the threads they create. There are plenty of ways for users to express their views via their own threads and in threads created by those who have not blocked them.

This reversion back to 'ignore' encourages more drama and bickering.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "I continue to believe that users should have greater control over who participates in the threads they create. There are plenty of ways for users to express their views via their own threads and in threads created by those who have not blocked them."

Agreed, within reason. I'm not a big fan of blocking users just because they disagree with me, but being able to keep the unrelated troll crap out is huge.

Below is an example of the type of cool and civil conversation we can have when there is no troll nonsense. I hadn't posted a fun brag thread like this in years because they inevitably fell apart into troll crap. Aren't stories like this what many of us enjoy about a site like this? There are several other examples of good and topical posts in VIP as well. Why in the world do we want to go back to a situation where trolls can firebomb threads at will?

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Blocking someone from one's thread is also blocking them from the comments everyone else is making in the thread, I think it's overkill - if one doesn't like someone's opinion then not seeing their post should suffice
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Blocking someone from one's thread is also blocking them from the comments everyone else is making in the thread..."

Then so be it. It beats a troll posting 30 off-topic posts in a 60 post thread, or bumping with blank posts, or copying and pasting the same comment over and over, or...[insert BS here]. In other words, all the shit that has been happening over the past several years that often make the discussion threads all but pointless.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Papi said "Blocking someone from one's thread is also blocking them from the comments everyone else is making in the thread, I think it's overkill."

I don't. Actually, it's a feature, not a flaw. Blocked/ignored users almost never enter threads started by those they dislike to have a civil conversation with the other commenters. Usually, it's to pick fights with anyone available to derail a thread or lobby against the OP, etc.

"if one doesn't like someone's opinion then not seeing their post should suffice"

Not really. Once ignored users and viewable users start bantering / bickering back and forth, the thread becomes difficult or impossible to parse... primarily to the person who took the time to create the thread.

And simply not seeing posts does nothing to address how easily threads can be derailed by an ignored user.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    @papi - I totally get your point. But do you understand that the more unregulated the forum is the less "normal" people will post.

Lack of moderation has a downside.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I like "block" because that way I can start a thread to rag on @Papi and he wouldn't know it.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Papi
    I don’t block because I find someone disagreeing with me,I block because they are just intentionally derailing a thread, IDGAF if they can’t see my posts they only use anything you post to find a disagreement. There is less than zero value to me in participating in general nastiness, when you have a moron who thinks everyone is obligated to do things his way or else he try’s to change the topic to tell everyone he’s the worlds greatest PUA via front room makeout sessions, or a slug who thinks he’s funny by malignant posting and misspelling every word for ten years, or a guy ( questionable) who addresses everyone as trick or ho, they don’t deserve to read my threads if you want them on your threads that’s your business
    Some people don’t deserve my consideration and fuck them.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Trolls mainly exist bc posters keep feeding them - ignoring them via Ignore-function and not getting into a back-and-forth 20-post battle with them sometimes months-on-end would eliminate most of the problems - the augmented Ignore features for the most part make it so trolls are not much of an issue unless you make it one
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I maintain that the ignore feature is not augmented, it took out the claws of the block feature which gave the idiots a reason to behave themselves without any moderation.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Yep, the big advantage of block is, you could have a thread and keep it from getting disrupted and disrailed, which is the real aim of the trolls. Ignore does nothing for that -- you can't see the particular troll, but you can see all the troll feeders filling up the thread with responses and arguments. Block was an amazing good tool to keep the increasingly-overwhelmed high quality threads in this group, on track with on-topic content
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The full-on block means if someone doesn't like you they can keep you from fully participating on the board (by not allowing you to see any posts, not just yours, in a particular thread).

Lack of moderation is a big part of TUSCL's success IMO - and I think Founder has done a good job of adding features so anyone can individually moderate (if they choose to individually moderate including not feeding the trolls)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ so what if they block you, do you really give a flying fuck if there’s a post you don’t participate in, boo fuckin hoo
    I really don’t give a fuck, if they don’t want me in their post sob, sob.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I just contend that no one should keep anyone else from expressing their view/opinion - ordinances often begin with good intentions and then are subsequently abused - it may start with trolls but easily starts getting used for simple spats that often flame-up on TUSCL.

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ and I contend that if you wanna play with the other characters you need to learn how to get along
    They have ever opportunity to piss themselves jus not on my lawn
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ sorry - I can no longer see your silly-pists - I have you on Ignore
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Lol you just made my point
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^^^ "I just contend that no one should keep anyone else from expressing their view/opinion - ordinances often begin with good intentions and then are subsequently abused"

@Papi makes a good point.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that's a good point
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Perhaps the Ignore feature can be extended to individual posts that way when a flame war breaks-out in a thread one can eliminate those individual posts keeping only the on-point posts visible
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Papi
    If they can post in any thread they want, you take away the incentive to keep them reasonable, look a while back dougster & txtty paralyzed the board, DC, SJG, and Icey were trying to do the same thing, most of the folks here have a short back and forth, and it's over, but those guys you are giving free rein to, have every intention of overrunning the board, because they're just miserable, and misery loves company. Most folks won't block arbitrarily, the few that have a large block list don't create a lot of content anyway. I think founder should bring back the block, and leave it, I respect your right to disagree, the ones I'm tired of, do not respect anything so they don't deserve the privilege.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In the end I'll, I mean Founder, will decide
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ LOL not so Freudian slip eh .......
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    twentyfive, you are the one who needs to be blocked, not anyone else.

SJG
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I know I'm a new guy, but if I understand the issue right, I have to agree with the people who think that blocking is better than simply ignoring.

Am I right in assuming that the board used to have a block feature that would keep blocked people from posting on a discussion? And that it's been changed now so that you only can't see it when they do?

If someone is doing nothing but make nonsense posts that add nothing to the discussion, or derail it, or just to attack people, why not allow the discussion starter block them? The retards can go start their own discussion and attack, derail and nonsensify it all they want.

I know some web sites operate on page hits, so maybe the site owner gets more hits when not blocking?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You are correct about the issue
    Unique clicks on ads bring revenue to websites meaning from different users, but I don’t think it applies to message boards
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    prevert, this site already suffers from people making too many new threads for no reason, instead of reusing old ones.

And also we have a huge contingent, 25 being one of them, who believes that this site should be restricted to talk about guys coming in their pants, and right wing news and politics. They want to bring the site down to their level.

They are selling TUSCLer's and this site way short.

SJG
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Wow. Do you always just make shit up like that? I see plenty of conversations about other things than those you mention. I also see plenty of conversations that you and others have "reused" for crap that has nothing to do with the original topic.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ most here have made the mistake of trying to reason with the lunatic, it never works, he never responds to a direct question, he just runs his mouth and spews insult after insult, stick around you'll see for yourself.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    prevert, 25 and a number of others have consistently tried to censor this forum and make it all into personal attacks.

prevert, I do not know who you are or who you are listening too, but you are not making a good impression.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    SJG said "but you are not making a good impression."

Maybe not on you, Sleepytime Rapist.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Ishmael, for as long as I can remember you, you have suffered from Anal-Cranal Inversion.

SJG
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Trolls mainly exist bc posters keep feeding them -"

I used to believe this too, but no more. Here on tuscl I found a whole new breed of troll, able to sustain itself with little to no interaction. On here, trolls with autistic tendendcies will cut and paste the same posts over and over endlessly just for the heck of it. On here, trolls will blow up threads without anyone interacting with them just because they feel like. On most sites, when normal remedies - like ignoring - fail, there is ultimately someone who can administer an antibiotic to kill the infection. On here, the infection takes over and turns the whole board to shit.

I thought that the thread block was a healthy and modest compromise. There is nothing stopping a troll from creating his own counter-threads if he so chooses or posting whatever else he wants in his own threads or in places where he is not blocked. After all, it's not like most of these trolls don't have multiple accounts anyway, so they'll certainly know if someone who has blocked them posted something.

Like I said, I don't give a shit if someone disagrees with me. indeed, I often enjoy the back and forth. But trolling is a completely different animal and I don't put that in the same "freedom of speech" category because its intent is to do nothing more than to incite, derail and otherwise cause chaos.

This is the last I'll post in this thread.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Fucking trolls.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    According to the Douchebag, trolling is only ok when he does it. https://www.tuscl.net/review.php?id=3536…
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    It's interesting that san_jose_creep doesn't think he is a troll and is not making a personal attack when he constantly calls guys chumps for actually liking to get lapdances from strippers.

My very first post to TUSCL was simply in a cordial discussion with other guys that like and willingly choose to LDK in a private dance. And his "contribution" to me was to call me a chump and a mark deluded by a clip joint scam. Then later I realized that he doesn't actually go to strip clubs and that everything he posts about strippers is a fantasy theory in his own head as opposed to him actually experiencing what he is preaching.

All that said I don't care about block or ignore myself. I just ignore anything I don't want to read. founder's choice.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    "Don't feed the trolls" has been an ineffective mantra since UseNet.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    my head hurts...
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I agree with Rick and CMI. Simply not feeding the trolls is ineffective, as the trolls here are a different kind.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->""Don't feed the trolls" has been an ineffective mantra since UseNet."

That "don't feed the trolls" mantra is borderline delusional. There's always enough people who won't play along. The ignore-block was finally a tool that could keep a troll from running amuck in your threads, but maybe founder is trolling his own forum by taking it away :) Of course, very few of you nincompoops bothered to use it. Last thread I created starting getting trolled, I blocked a single troll for a couple of weeks, we had an interesting thread, then when it scrolled away to oblivion I unblocked him again. No idea why so few people used it, it worked great
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ It would be nice if @founder gave us a legit response, rather than just some inane platitude, about not wanting to shut people up.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    While I prefer the 2 way block instead of just ignore, this is @founder's playground so whatever rules he wants are fine by me regardless of his reasoning.

But if @founder ever wants to put it to a vote I vote for block.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    subra. I did it too. and then I unblocked him. haven’t seen hem cents. so right now I have not blocked anybody nor in Norred anybody.
    i’m letting the errors right as they are because fucking Siri fucks up what I say so much. That wasn’t for sarah re-Siri Siri good Michael it would make life perhaps a little bit simpler. period but I fit can get tired. I was trying to carefully edit and proofread every fucking thing I post.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    If only someone would make an alternative moderated forum...
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ We don’t need no stinkin moderator, block works perfectly
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You guys here on this thread are merely trying to argue for silencing people you disagree with.

You have ignore. You have thread by thread ignore. And you have your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room.

You have nothing to complain about!

SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ you’re a fuckin leech, you don’t write a fuckn reviews, you don’t spend a fuckn nickel, you want everything for free, shut the fuck up no one wants to hear shit from you.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ No one is a troll like the one who tries to silence other people, instead of expanding the discussion.

SJG

John Mayer, live, really good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83O0YrP4…

Feminism
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^^

Hang in their 25, Mamisan will be there soon.

She's using you as part of this continuing study:
    https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/best…

SJG

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I have no idea what the fuck you’re saying and don’t care, you are here on my thread that makes you a troll
    drop mic
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You have your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room.

This here is the front room of a forum. People start threads, then others can post on them, whether the OP agrees with them or not.

You do though have the ability to ignore members.

Otherwise, you can't just by yelling the most loudly, run people off.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Disagree all you like that’s not the point troll, do it in a respectful manner, and keep on topic, like I said
    you’re a fuckin leech, you don’t write a fuckn reviews, you don’t spend a fuckn nickel, you want everything for free, shut the fuck up no one wants to hear shit from you.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    LOL

Flame War!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ 25, you think someone is only on topic if they agree with your interpretation and discuss it in your terms.

Again, you have ignore, you have thread by thread ignore, and you have the Ultimate, your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room. Why are you even posting here, when you could be in that concealed room right now?

SJG
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Maybe there are non-VIP members he would like to include other than you.

It sounds like you are the one he doesn't want derailing his discussions.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Hey Jose, I've been reading some of your posts, so if who I'm "listening to" keeps me from making a "good impression", you have only yourself to blame. And if someone like you says that I'm not making a good impression, well, I take that as a compliment.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    He has ignore available to him.

But no, its not just people he agrees with who are allowed to post. He doesn't own the turf. This forum has worked well because it is very open.

Now in that Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room, more of the people are likely to agree with him.

SJG
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    It seems that some memories around here are very short. We aren't long removed from the days when trolls used to firebomb threads so badly that the board was unusable. Is anyone eager to go back to that? To things like Dougster posting literally thousand of blank posts just to bump threads? To other trolls copying and pasting the same comment literally 100 times to a point where everyone just says "fuck it" and abandons the thread?

Below is my current ignore list, minus one so i don't set him off on another round of whining. This is the cleaned up version, but some of the older names should bring back wonderful memories. If you believe that a single one of these names brought anything but disruption and fake nonsense to the board, please let me know.

san_jose_guy
    THEWHITEKNIGHT
    4got2wipe
    Nicole1994
    Pistrolla
    Rxeza
    bruno0639
    ANTIFAggot
    mdb2203
    sandyfuckme
    26shikha89
    bigblowjob
    warhawks
    rickydugan
    jester2I4
    rickthelion
    tobala
    Alabama
    originaljuicebox69
    TheProphetJuice
    BlueLion
    RickyBoyDugan
    SnackBox69
    BBBJBecky
    Dougster_Izzakunt
    Hard4Dancers
    Joker420
    JackFrost9
    Gucci_Mane
    LordxBetty
    Dracula
    juiicebox69
    slaux.pas
    Super_Mane
    zipman68
    BagBoyJames
    Caprisun69
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I have to assume I’m the one you didn’t list to “avoid another round of whining.” So my question is, if you have me on ignore, why do read and respond to all my posts anyway? Seems like a lot of extra work
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Rick, this forum is more civilized now, and you do have your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room.

But remember, this forum has thrived because it draws people here, and I say that that is because of only the very lightest moderation.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Hey SJG... remember when Founder told you how much he valued your contributions to TUSCL?

https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…

"SJG, you have zero reviews, and you don't pay. Those two things are the value of the site. Discussion board? Yeah, not so much."

"SJG, you are a relentless socialist. Taking what you can from our free discussion site and giving nothing in return."
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Ishamel, you are the one who is just trying to stir up animosity with your negative meta, hence disrupting threads.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    That's not meta data or meta narratives. Those are direct quotes.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    But you Ishmael are the one posting, filling up a thread with negative personal attacks. You Ishmael are the one doing this.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I am going to make one last point to you SJG and I'm done, you are a selfish spoiled brat, you want everything to be in your favor and refuse to allow anyone to post with out interfering, this here is a case in point. you are complaining that I or anyone, doesn't go along with what you want you will spam, insult, and generally act like a nuisance, even so far as to make up things that you know to be untrue.
    There is no censorship on my part, you are free to make as many threads as your heart desires, but this one is mine, I have the right to lock you out, and have been trying to exercise, my rights. I have not abridged your rights in any way. I should have the right to associate with whom I want, and NOT associate with anyone I choose not to.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    The argument being made is that you make a lot of demands and create a lot of churn on a site to which you contribute sweet fuck all.

I'm supporting that argument by way of direct quotes from the guy who runs this site. And my arguments are not personal, but pertain to your behavior here.

You're response is type nonsense about negative meta whatever with one hand while using your tears as lube to masturbate frantically. At least until you get around to making threats of violence (which I suspect also gets typed with one hand...).

In fact, you're the one doing this.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    The above directed at SJG and not 25.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You guys have Ignore, thread by thread Ignore, and you have the Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room.

What you do not have is the ability to stop me from posting on front room threads. So what.

It is you two who are the spoiled brats.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Okay... so the one-handed stuff might have been a bit personal.

Sue me.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    So I guess you're not-new strategy is to just not address the points being made and repeat yourself like a parrot.

For a guy who argues that there's no such thing as Aspergers, you really have a shit-ton of on-spectrum behaviors.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Ishmael, you have your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room.

I, on the other hand, am not interested in that.

SJG

Feminism

John Algeo, this guy is really good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kdRaIc1…

John Algeo: The Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59x66gcT…
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    So I'm 100% correct, you get rights, by denying me mine, you are a fascist, and I'm going to lobby founder to allow blocking of threads !!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You have your circle jerk room, and you have ignore and thread by thread ignore.

You are working against the health of this forum.

Get yourself to that circle jerk room.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    SJG said "Ishmael, you have your Underground Circle Jerk VIP Room."

It's a solid bet that you're counting the minutes to "People's Court". #wapner #rainman
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Wow. Talk about entitled cluelessness. I don't have anyone on ignore yet, but by the time I do I hope the site owner sees fit to re-implement the blocking I gather used to be in effect.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    "I am going to make one last point to you ..."

LOL
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Ishmael and prevert, just open that hatch out in the center of the parking lot, and climb down the ladder.

The lights are kept low and your needs will be met.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    That doesn't mean anything.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You know that it means Ishmael.

SJG
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Yes, it means you have no actual meaningful response to evidence of your abuse of the system so you spout nonsense to try to distract from that.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    No. It's a non statement and school yard epithet that you're using to avoid addressing any of the points made by many above.

It means nothing.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Except you can't spell "what"...
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    prevert and Ishmael, you two guys need to soak your heads.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Ah. So, this is the part of your autistic dysfunction that makes it impossible for you to not be the last one to post to a thread.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I have suitable head soaking tubs ready!

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    lol
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Then I suggest you go soak yours. It's the only one needing it here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion