tuscl

OT So I was in Walmart this morning

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Sunday, June 2, 2019 9:11 AM
I needed to pick up a few things it’s pretty close to my home, anyway there was an elderly AA couple shopping at the same time as I was and they got to the checkout just a head of me, seemed to be buying groceries for the week and talking excitedly about how their grandson was graduating from college and coming to spend a week with them, I overheard much of their conversation, actually it was not possible to not hear them talk, and they rung up about $150. worth of groceries went to pay with an EBT card and the card was declined, the lady rummaged through her pocket book and the gentleman went through his pockets but all they could come up with was $38. unable to buy their groceries she said to him let’s just get food for J**** so we can have a good visit with him, overhearing all of this I thought to myself how fortunate I and my family are how badly I felt about their predicament so I went to the cashier and used my credit card to pay for their groceries without ask or telling them what I was doing. Long story short I got to my car and they were waiting for me thanked me profusely and told me that they would repay my kindness in a few days, I declined to give them my address but told them if they were in a position to repay me please donate it to a food bank or some organization that would be able to make good use of a small donation. Here’s my question does anyone here know of a charity that can use small donations to help working folks having a hard time deal with situations like this ?

51 comments

• crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I do not know of any organizations to donate to where the help would all get to where it should for sure. I would do the same if I were in that situation and had the means to help. Whenever I help someone out, I always tell them the only thing I ask is that they not pay it back to me, and that if they are in a position later to pay it forward to someone in need in the future. I have had feedback several times from people I have helped in some way where they said they have paid it forward many times. This is a good way to start some positive things
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Good shit 25.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    In looking at the headline of your topic, I thought you were going to say the cashier at Walmart "didn't say she wanted to fuck you" .
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    That's awesome 25. I'm not sure what organizations are in your area but if there is a Project Help, they do good work for needy families.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Good shit 25. I gotta admit that, being the generally surly bastard that I am, I probably would have gotten pissed that they were holding up the checkout line. But yeah, hearing the comment about only buying food for the grandson might have changed my mind.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    And btw you are bout to get lit up for this humble brag though.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Wow 25 what a nice guy You bought me a beer You buy random folk groceries :)
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I could use a new car?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I posted this less as a humble brag looking for credit, more about how fortunate many of us are spending shit tons of money on some of these often undeserving women, yet there are real folks out there that could use a hand, not trying to tell anyone how their money should be spent, but $150. isn’t really a big deal to most of us, but it really can make a difference to some folks.
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    You are a good one, 25.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    I almost forgot to mention this. Jimmy Butler who plays for the Philadelphia 76ers always pays for the groceries of the person standing behind him in the checkout line [view link] 25 taking after Jimmy ;-)
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I do not know of any charity that gives the money to those who really need it. As such, I do as you do. I find those good people who truly need it and just give it to them in exchange for small work that they can provide. I have two families that I give a combined total worth of $1500 per month to because they are truly dealing with hard times. Basically one helps me from time to time with home improvements ($500/month) and the other has a family of 5 that live rent free in my extra home. They get a home to live in so long as they maintain it. There is nothing wrong with helping out those who truly need it.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @twentyfive Nice example of doing a good deed. Many of us are fortunate to be in a position to spend too much money on mongering, so you provided a nice reminder to reflect and to genuinely help others.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    “Somewhere along the way, we must learn that there is nothing greater than to do something for others.” King, Martin Luther, Jr.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Here’s my question does anyone here know of a charity that can use small donations to help working folks having a hard time deal with situations like this ?" Local food banks are the best bet. They rely almost entirely on volunteers for the bulk of their labor, so almost everything goes directly towards food. They are an important source of food for the working poor, including many single working Moms. The bulk of our household charitable giving is to two local food banks and a direct support shelter. Here's one in your neck of the woods: [view link] You might also consider using a little of your ample free time to volunteer at one. It is a wonderful experience.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    Truly aces story twentyfive!
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Good stuff, 25. You are absolutely right about us members having it good to be able to blow money on these dancers. I wouldn't call them undeserving though. I think a sexy, beautiful woman who lets a stranger grope her intimate parts for money earns every dollar she gets. Sadly, I thought about myself being in your same situation and not doing the same because "that's $150 I could spend on a half hour VIP". I mean maybe if I were actually there in the situation hearing and seeing everything hopefully the human in me would take over and help them out. But sitting here on the couch reading your story I'm thinking, nah I'd probably save that and blow it probably that same evening.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    25 you did your good deed of the day. Nidan - kudos. I object to this observation: "spending shit tons of money on some of these often undeserving women," Back to the question - no I have not aware of any charity that gives "money" to needy. Food yes. Clothing yes. School supplies yes. But dollars - no. I have donated and helped make sandwiches for Central Texas Food Bank - and they either go out to distribute or any person can visit and take food from there. You can find a similar charities in your area by locating them here [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I said some are undeserving I was very careful to make a distinction;)
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Good karma 25
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^^^^Thanks RD and RT for the links to those organizations and anyone else who provided a safe worthy group.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    <3 25 is a hero
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    ❤ 25 is a hero
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Local food banks... But I don't see the point of 25 having to mention they were Black, or having to brag about his good deeds.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Black? I thought they were alcoholics.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ look who came on here to troll me, hey loser do you ever have anything positive to say.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Intended for the loco loser
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    First and foremost, well done! You prove a point I frequently like to make. Even degenerates like us have hearts and are capable of empathy and generosity! As for charities, check them out thoroughly. Some are outright scams. Others are genuine but very inefficient (consume too high a percentage for their administrative overhead). You can find charitable organization efficiency rankings online.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    It's good that you were kind, and thanks for sharing a good story. This website can be hostile at times. Also, I'm sure that couple you helped has also gone home and shared the story, as they seemed genuinely appreciative the way you described it.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Oops I just smoked a blunt and forgot the part about charitable donations. Well, are you involved or know anyone involved in your city/area? Since you mentioned food banks and small donations, it seems like something more suitable for local places so you could, if need be, find a hands-on way to help by donating your time as well, even just once, to see how it is operated and get to know exactly how much a certain charity actually helps. I've done a lot of donating not just money, food, (etc) but also time to many charities. A lot of it was church stuff, since my parents both wanted us raised in the church the "good Christian way." My dad is a mailman, and once a year they have "the food drive," where people will leave canned goods on their porch for the mail carrier to collect. It was fun, my dad would take us on his route and we'd go grab all the food from people's houses and go back to the post office to drop off what we had gathered. Then there would be a potluck type of buffet in the conference room, then we'd head over to whatever local church or school (etc) that was open that day for the food drive, and help package up food in boxes to give to the needy. I was also on 3 years probation (a silly event that happened like 8+ years ago) and had to do 100 hours of community service. The place I picked did all kinds of work for the community, and when I showed up to do my few hours a day, I wouldn't know what what I'd be doing --- I'd be packing boxes of food, or making boxes to be packaged in, or stacking cardboard till it's taller than me to prepare to make boxes, or carrying the full boxes out to the truck to load them up, or driving out to q city 40 mins away and unloading all the boxes from the truck for food banks, etc. But a lot of work went into it and I saw that they had an impact on the community. I've seen free lunch trucks drive by certain parts of Detroit before. Family members I know from around the 8 mile area who struggle to keep their fridges full have been ecstatic to find out the local church around the corner is having a food bank all day. Not that it happens all the time, but it can really be helpful for people living paycheck-to-paycheck or on fixed incomes to be able to catch a break every now and then. Not everyone can be just as fortunate as the next person, life just doesn't work that way. People struggle, and are generally very grateful when acts of kindness actually help them out.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I absolutely love that not only are we all a bunch of horny fucking perverts, but we are also good human beings!!!! Love it!!!
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ Nidan, since when are the two mutually exclusive? I can tell you that the Dugan household has done a ton of good for too many to count. We've spearheaded toy drives for kids who would not otherwise have Christmas presents, participated in donation drives for multiple shelters (including a school for teen mothers), donate to several worthy causes each year (we even sponsor a child in a South American country), directly provided needed supplies and equipment to new mothers (thank goodness I haven't run into any stripper friends yet), and a lot more that isn't sitting at my fingertips. I am guessing that many others here have also been charitably active.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I lived in Southeast Asia for many years. Many people live in bone-crushing poverty over here. A couple of times, while on my way to one of my favorite rub-n- tug brothels, I saw a guy begging on the side of the road. He was missing an arm and a leg. He looked like he’d been in some terrible industrial accident. I had my driver stop the car. I got out and gave this poor guy all the money I had planned on spending getting juiced. I went home and banged my wife instead. She’s Asian too but she doesn’t make me pay to play.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    You have a “driver “ ?
  • Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    Good for everyone that pays it forward as best they can. I miss the times my grandfather used to tell us about the neighborhood helping those that needed assistance. Today we expect others to help. Maybe, we should all follow the example of 25 and go to WalMart to purchase for someone else.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^ excellent idea!
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ Is "blunt" a euphemism for a PL's penis?
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @Nidan When I was based in SE Asia I had a driver provided by my employer. I drove myself sometimes but the traffic is so horrendous that I thought my time was more productively spent working in the back seat than sitting behind the wheel.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @25 Since giving away that $150 can you no longer afford a return key?
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    There's also the option of not supporting Walmart, and buying local, letting money stay in the community, organizing neighborhood events to make sure money and goods donated, stay in the neighborhood.... But that takes more time than effort than giving away a hundred bucks and bragging about it online lol
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    So you come on my thread to troll me but complain about the same on yours @dope boy fresh, go fuck yourself hope you OD soon
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    No good deed goes untrolled.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    There's no shortage of people on here who are starved for attention. There's also no shortage of people who make bullshit claims, but that's usually with regard to strip club activities and accomplishments. It's nearly impossible to know if any of the claims made here are true or not, regardless of the subject matter. But this was a nice change of pace.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    Good stuff. We should get used to seeing people in need. Ten thousands baby boomers retiring a day with most having little more than social security to live on. A true crisis brewing while the Dems bluff on impeaching Trump.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    25, I knew you are a hard core conservative! Joking aside, a fine gesture on your part. Thumbs up!
  • ASUS12
    5 years ago
    You sir are a good man....
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Is this @25? [view link]
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^Looks like the best pants to wear for an LDK yet. Also I thought I had commented on this earlier. I back what everyone else said about this being a very sweet story
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    TwentyFive, there are food charity programs everywhere. Here we have Second Harvest Food Bank [view link] A lot of people are regularly in a position of having to decide if they will pay for food or rent. In the news yesterday, Oakland, $2500 /month minimum apartment rent. SO then with payroll taxes and all, $40 per hour minimum to be able to afford to keep a roof over one's head. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Rev Barber has got it right! We Can’t Be Silent Anymore: Rev. Barber & Poor People’s Campaign Push Presidential Debate on Poverty [view link] SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion