tuscl

Strippers And Money Management

jsully63
Smoke em if you got them
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:58 AM
We all know most of these girls live in the moment and have zero ability to manage their money. I’ve never considered trying to help them learn to manage their money. It’s their business and I have no interest in being captain save-a-ho in any way. However I was at the club Sunday night and it was a bit slow. I saw one of my long time favorites and invited her to sit and chat and being a slow night there was no rush to go for a dance. She’s a bit older than most of the girls maybe 34 or 35 and was talking to me about figuring out an exit plan from dancing before Father Time pushes her out the door. She mentioned she was talking with eight or nine of the other girls the night before about how bad they all are at managing their money and said they all wished the had someone to help them. She didn’t know I work in finance and when I mentioned it she said she’d hire me for financial advice and so wouldn’t a lot of the other girls. While I doubt any of them would take my advice seriously the monger in me thought I’d be happy to do this just for extras. And it would be interesting to see how much money the girls are pulling in. On the other side I’m not sure how well I could deal with some of the stupidity seeing them piss their money away. Many I’ll start with my favorite and see how it goes. Fellow PL’s what do you think

37 comments

• Mate27
    5 years ago
    Your in finance and so you know how hard it is to work with people who even have stable incomes and good paying jobs, let alone working with emotional women(strippers) who have schizophrenic behaviors.

It was a task I once thought I could dive into, but maybe as a part time side gig once I’m retired, looking at it more as volunteer work for humanity just so I’m not emotionally invested. I’d prefer to play it as a take it or leave it approach. My practice it way too serious now to be dealing with young carefree types who have little concerto if what it takes to plan for the bigger picture.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think there’s already a stripper money manager on the board, from the tone of his posts that manager is as broke as his hos.......... er I mean bitches 😁
  • King_Gambrinus
    5 years ago
    I’ve tried to help a girl once, her situation was so fucked up I didn’t even know where to begin. Personal finance is all about lifestyle choices more than your income. If they are willing to stop spending money bailing their deadbeat boyfriends out of jail and actually making and sticking to goals, there might be a chance. It’s very hard to make a lifestyle change when all the people surrounding you aren’t supporting you.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^^ you mean SJG, IceyLoco, or Randumbmember?
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    That was for 25’s response.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    It's easy

1. Get rid of your deadbeat BF
    2. Use birth control
    3. Don't buy drugs
    4. Work a set schedule and full shifts whether you need the money or not
    5. Do extras and OTC

Not necessarily in that order.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Fast money spends fast. So not only would you make squat if you charge on AUM, but you'd be frustrated quickly.

Soon after, it will completely backfire on you. No stripper wants to give extras to a guy who she believes is acting like a judgmental d-bag, so instead they'll start avoiding you when they know that they've fucked up.

I've seen this goofy fucking theory from financial advisor types floated on here several times over the years and it doesn't get any less stupid by its repetition. If you want to spin your wheels, make no money and alienate the girls who you want to suck your dick, then by all means step right up. If you were a lawyer you might have something of value to offer them, but an FA who thinks that he has something wonderful to offer most strippers is dramatically over-valuing himself.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Now if this goofy theory is laid to rest, I'll get back to reading the next chapter of: "How to Win Friends and Influence People." 😉
  • RTP
    5 years ago
    I once knew a dancer who also was a realtor. She told me that she danced to pay for her weed habit. She told me that she was working with some of the other dancers on saving, budgeting, etc. She no longer dances. Based on the girls I know from that club, she had little success.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    The main thing I've noticed is a strong tendency towards "I have enough money for rent and my bills this month so I'll skip work today". And I think Rick is right about fast money; when you feel like you can use work as an ATM machine rather than a steady commitment it's easier to live for the moment than save.

I know plenty of 25 year olds are shit at saving, but those with W2 jobs also often just make less per hour than strippers.
  • jsully63
    5 years ago
    @rickdugan this wasn’t my idea. She asked for help. As I stated I’m looking to fix anyone
  • jsully63
    5 years ago
    Not looking
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    @Meatless wrote: "^^^ you mean SJG, IceyLoco, or Randumbmember?:

@Meatless you've certainly been in attack-mode lately. You do seem proud of yourself -- but for the life of me I can't figure out why?

I've observed over the years that financial planners are grunts, with sort of lower-level analytical ability. For example my next-door neighbor was a dipshit who struggled with high-school algebra -- yet he did go on to one of our mediocre state schools and became a FP.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Sphincter
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Randumbmember, you can always join the “faggit section” that MackTruck suggested Founder create, just aonyou have a safe place to hang out here.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

Here’s the link, Randumbmember. you can start lobbying hard for convenient cock suckers! No need to thank me.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Fast money moves quickly... That's why a lot of them choose up and get help managing their finances and lives.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    You shouldn't take it so personally, @Meatless. Financial planning doesn't exactly attract the best&brightest and the task is so menial that you'll very likely to be replaced by artificial intelligence in the near future. But you can always get a job teaching math to kids with special needs. I'm sure that's your calling!
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Meat, don't bother arguing with Ran_DUMB_Member. He's a complete idiot.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    @jsully, services in exchange for services as you've identified = win win IMO. If you've got a tradeable commodity, use it. You say you "work in finance." If you are licensed related to your profession, consider checking the rules of conduct imposed by licensing agencies. Some licenses prohibit sex with clients.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I know how much some girls pull in. And I know how they squander it. Over the years my ATF and CFs have asked for financial advice. None of them ever followed the advice.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    I had a conversation with one of my faves. She told me about a customer who offered to help her with her finances. He just assumed she didn’t know what she was doing. That really pissed her off.

In fact, she was quite proud of her money management. She is a bright person and I’ll wager she was doing fine with her family finances.

Most people can manage their financial situation better than well intentioned strangers. Anyway that’s my experience.

But, go ahead and mansplain finance to a dancer. Let me know how it turns out.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I’m skeptical that even if a stripper asked a customer for financial advice that she would really want it. I also doubt that she would follow the advice, pay for the advice with extras, or be truthful about her financial situation in the first place.

Call me jaded but I suspect when anyone really wants advice about anything and has a serious intention to follow through, they go hire a professional. Therefore I suspect that the request for advice was more likely an SS play to butter up a customer. If you take it seriously, I don’t think it will go well.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    No worries Warrior, I’m just getting Randumb to prove my tagline further along with the likes of his ilk, SJG and IceyLoco.

Back to the OP’s topic, I fully concur with mark94’s last comment. Most people should know what’s best for themself, but human behavior dictates success, so if you can find success in Avenues in addition to or outside of the strip club, you’ll likely be able to manage your life quite well. Career minded club workers many times resort to creating their own prison, Pandora’s box.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    I’m getting a kick out of keeping an eye on a friend and former dancer, used to making $2k+ per week while spending it on drugs, who now has a minimum wage job but is sober. She claims her BF, who works construction, has no concept of the value of money. She had to learn quickly or starve and now she’s trying to teach him.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I would assume she'd take you less-seriously as a FA and see you more as a douchebag if you want/expect extras for your "help"
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I do think many dancers care and worry how they kinda don't have anything to show for all the $$$ they've raked-in as a dancer; especially the older-ones closer to dancer-retirement.

Many people are bad w/ $$$ either thru innate stupidity or they were brought-up by shitty-parents that lived as chaotic lives as the strippers do - I do think many would like advice (as long as they are the ones that ask); and being strippers of course they want/expect to get-it for free from PLs just like they want a PL that knows about cars to fix their car (for free) or a PL that's good w/ computers to build them a website (for free); etc - but them following the advice is of course a different ball-of-wax.

If you do it - go in w/ low-expectations of success and don't get emotionally involved as to whether they do what they are supposed to do.
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    I agree with king. Step 1 is a lifestyle change: spending less than in the past. If she can't handle that you are SOL.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Keep the good ideas comming
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    My ATF once asked me for help opening a checking account. She had never had any kind of bank account. I took her to Bank of America, helped her select a checking/savings account option that would not cost her anything in fees, and showed her how to use her new debit card. As far as I can determine, she soon withdrew all the money from her accounts and never deposited any money again.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Arizona recently made a money management and budgeting course a required curriculum for high school. Makes a lot of sense.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    If strippers opened a book half as often as they opened their legs, they would be better off.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that's some solid advice for strippers - you should post that on StripperWeb
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I think you're demeaning their perceived lack of financial management skills coz you resent the fact that you have to pay them for attention....
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ I think you’re a beaner and resent anyone who isn’t a minority.
  • Rick714
    5 years ago
    WTF
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    @Meathead: "Your in finance..."
    @Meathead: "Most people should know what’s best for themself.."

Also it should be "themselves" instead of "themself" to match "Most people" which is plural.

@Meathead: "..but human behavior dictates success, so if you can find success in Avenues in addition to or outside of the strip club, you’ll likely be able to manage your life quite well. Career minded club workers many times resort to creating their own prison, Pandora’s box."

"It's better for strip-club workers to have a parallel career path. Many dedicated club workers make bad decisions."

Yes, and water is wet. See how easy that was @Meatless?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion