tuscl

Fake reviews

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:20 AM
There were a series of fake reviews posted for Sapphire in Las Vegas They were posted by Robber-1 Robber-2 Robber-3 Robber-4 All 4 reviews were approved by DC9428 Nashman TitLover69 All 7 accounts have been removed entirely. Thanks to 501traveller for the heads up. I gave him all the VIP time the deleted users got (4 months)

68 comments

• rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Thank you 501 and founder.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Good job founder, stupid question do you know if any of those accounts link up to Icee, and if you know post the deets please.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    :o woah, founder isn’t fucking around.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Thanks @founder. This site has been around too long and the reviews provide a good service. I'd hate to have a douchebag ruin the credibility.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    That Robber idiot popped out of the blue yesterday - I didn't read his reviews so IDK how obviously fake they were or why he would create 4 separate accounts (maybe he thought that was the way to get 4 months of VIP). Did Robber(1-4) write 4 reviews for the same club and the reviewers mentioned approve all 4 reviews?
  • founder
    5 years ago
    That is correct, papi
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Black market idea: maybe @papi @doctorevil @wallanon @dugan could start selling their club reviews to trolls?
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    (Joking of course)
  • founder
    5 years ago
    I still have a sense of humor, nicespice. Just no tolerance for people who fuck with this site's credibility.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I said yesterday that DC was getting to cocky, my bet is those folks conspired to get those reviews approved, what was the time lapse between those reviews appearing on the unpublished section and their actual approvals, that should tell you if there was coordinations between those jerks.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Thank you founder
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    +1, 501 Way to manage from behind the counter.
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    Glad to hear.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Excellent! I heavily rely on the accuracy of the reviews. When I give my reviews, I do my best to give true details that allow for others to make good informed decisions. I appreciate when others do the same. Thank you founder.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Wow! Keeping it real
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @ founder Boom did you just delete a fucking textbook ? That’s winning sir we’ll played
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    ^ Looks like DC is just gone. Was pretty stupid to come right back and brag about what he had just done.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I saw the profiles and just figured, more trolls. Then I saw those reviews and knew they fucked around in the wrong section. I wondered who approved that crap. Glad you outed all the profiles who did so. Too bad I didn't report them myself to get four more months VIP time. It was such an idiotic prank though. Like, not funny in the least. Now I see his 'holy shit I actually have a life now' thread was full of shit. If it were true he wouldn't have had time to waste on a garbage ass prank like that.
  • lurkingdog
    5 years ago
    Thanks for your diligence
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    +1 for troll spray
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Pretty sad when you manage to get booted from a nearly unmoderated forum. If someone like SJG can stay within the guidelines and you can't, what does that say about you? I'm sure he'll be back. He obviously has a lot of time on his hands.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    I don’t know what DC did to get the boot, however it’s apparent he was quite naive, too. Can people like that simply create another account through the same IP address, using another email account like those troll/alias do?
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Dc approved the obviously fake reviews
  • s275ironman
    5 years ago
    I saw those reviews pop up last night and knew that it had to be coordinated. I also had my doubts that DC was a legit member. Behind a computer, it is easy to give off a persona that is completely different than what you really are. Seriously, why would a real 21-year old male spend so much time on this site? Then again, if DC really is anything like the loser he portrayed himself to be, then I just answered my own question.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    He was a super loser! I commented once about SJG being the kid walking around the schoolyard playground with his hands in his pockets because nobody wanted to hang out with him, and DC took that to heart and could relate since he confided I’m having that type of childhood. That’s a deep hole to dig yourself out of just to get to normalcy.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    I suspected DC was behind those troll accounts to begin with.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    That said I do like DC and don't mind his more playful trolling. I don't like the fact that he encourages and validates some of the worst members of this site.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    The credibility of the site is paramount, the trolls are annoying but you learn to deal with it. That's what I don't like BonedIn, the credibility sucks because they ask you to write a fake dance review if you didn't get a LD but just went VIP. So it had me thinking, how credible is the AR?
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Founder, thank you for sharing this. Moving forward, would it make sense to publish the names of those who approve each review? As a practical matter, there is no way that you're going to catch most of these unless they're as painfully obvious as this was. This would allow anyone who sees less obvious patterns of potential abuse to raise them to your attention. Just a thought. Thanks again for acting on this and for letting us know.
  • April9424
    5 years ago
    nice. if people want to fuck around on the discussion board then whateva.. but members paying for access to reviews should get legit ones at least
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    Thank you 501 and founder
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    Thank you 501 and founder. Trolls and their enablers need to be dealt with.
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    lol good work and nice note calling out the approvers @founder. As a community we need to do a better job holding approvers accountable. I for one never approve a review for a club I havent visited personally
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @founder I think @randumbdumb approved those reviews too.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Go fuck yourself, little prick
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    I'm sure your kid is proud to be carrying your genes, you dumb fucking clown.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Good job looking out for the site's credibility 501 and way to go putting the hammer down founder. The reviews are the core of this site and their legitimacy is key to this site's continued success. Trolls joking around is annoying, but trolls posting fake reviews can lead legit members to rely on bad intel in making their clubbing decisions and drive them away the site.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Lol Flagooner! I concur.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    At first I was wondering why founder made this thread in the VIP forum. Then I realized that this way DC can't see it as he doesn't have an account to login to with VIP access. So I wonder what he is thinking...?
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    As a warning I suppose to people who have the power to accept/reject reviews. I have DC on Snapchat. He is aware this thread exists.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    And he is coping just fine. He knows what he did, lol.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ what did he do exactly beyond approving a fake-review - what was the exact connection?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ founder suggested that DC coordinated an attack on the credibility of the reviews then DC confirmed that he had posting as “A fucking textbook” basically DC revealed his complicity and as a result founder obviously felt the need to demonstrate that this is still his website. Wasn’t a prank it was an attempt to attack founders income and credibility.
  • math14
    5 years ago
    Thanks 501 and Founder!!!
  • 501traveler
    5 years ago
    They weren't even reviews that were posted and approved as a review. They were some stupid play by play radio traffic discussion between the 4 Robber accounts about robbing a club. Not sure what the point of it was and I'm sure he thought it got by everyone and got him more access with more troll accounts. I happened to log in TUSCL after midnight and saw no reviews to read, so I went to the prior day and starting scanning down to see it there were any interesting ones or clubs I frequent. I usally dont read Vegas club reviews because clubbing in Vegas sucks, but the poster name being Robber1 for Saphire caught my eye, so I went to read it. After seeing the crap, I added a comment about who approved it and then noticed the other 3 postings for Saphire. I also noticed a discussion thread about the same comment. When I sent a message to founder, It wasn't to get anyone kicked off the site, just have the fake reviews removed and suggested maybe the approvers ability to approve further reviews gets curtailed. Its fine if you want to play dumb games on the discussion board, thats what the ignore function is for. But leave the reviews alone. Let them be accurate for those of us who do use to to find clubs when traveling. I travel a lot for work and its great to be able to see if there are clubs nearby that are worth visiting. Thanks founder for taking quick action and for the extra VIP time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Makes you wonder of the mental-state of the PL pulling that shit
  • Chili Palmer
    5 years ago
    ^^^Yup. And yet we have another poster who has admitted to posting over 100 fake reviews, but is revered by most here, including many in this thread. Go figure.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Who has admitted to posting100 fake reviews? I agree that the integrity (such as it is) of the reviews should be preserved by whatever methods Founder deems appropriate.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I also would like to know who admitted to posting 100 fake reviews??
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    "@founder I think @randumbdumb approved those reviews too." Lol!
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Good to see this action taken. I've suspected DC was a troll, although less outwardly toxic than most ... though I think his troll enablement is worse, in some ways.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    DC does do troll things, but he is who he says he is. I’ve chatted with him on Snapchat and he is for real. I’m thinking at this rate, with all the doubts about him, that he is the next Juice (albeit a more melancholic and contemplative version)
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Nicespice it's one thing to be a troll for amusement and another thing to be a destructive vandal. If he is contemplative he would have considered the consequences of his actions. Founders actions are entirely justified.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Juice was a vandal back in the day too but the guy eventually reformed. And I’m not criticizing founder’s decision. If it was my site, I would have done it too.
  • Chili Palmer
    5 years ago
    Admitting he made a deal with founder over his fake reviews: [view link] Another review called out by shadowcat: [view link] And at the bottom of the thread where he admits to "about 100" were lies: [view link]
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    ...at least Juice is funny as hell. But recently Juice has either channeled his manic energies somewhere else or is still here developing his skills to become a master troll.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^^All those threads were before my time so I had no idea about all of that. I only learned about Juice's multiple aliases through one of the banner taglines. Still that doesn't seem as bad as Trucidos or Dougster. Plus he's not as active anymore so it's not really an issue now.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"I have DC on Snapchat. He is aware this thread exists." nicespice, have you actually met DC? Or seen him on snapchat? Like I said, I've suspected he was trolling for a while, although it took me a while to get to the point where I was pretty sure.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I never met DC in person. But we have videochatted before.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Oh! So he IS a 22-year-old (or whatever age he's claiming)? I was skeptical even about that
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    He is either 21 years old, or VERY baby faced. I believe the former.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Does he appear to have Down Syndrome or is he just regular stupid?
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Well that's interesting... so that part of his persona was true. And all the love for the trolls, and thinking that the long off-topic discussions between him, Icey, and SJG were the most incredibly fascinating part of the forum might be genuine also? Maybe he's lightly on the spectrum, ala SJG? Anyway, baseless speculation
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I know DC himself has publically stated he believes he might be somewhere on the spectrum, but he’s never been diagnosed.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I honestly think that generation did not get the business end of a belt often as a child and therefore have little respect for others. And for their formative years they could interact on social media where a flame war could be stopped by turning off your computer and going outside.... He grew up running his mouth with no fear of getting punched. I'm not wanting physical violence but a healthy fear/respect for others is one way to get people to watch their attitudes and their mouths
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Attitude Adjustment [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    That’s from growing up with no rules, parents, not being parents and enabling spoiled bratty behaviors.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion