tuscl

Sunglasses in the club

I’m thinking about investing a solid pair of sunglasses for to wear at the club. Rarely do I ever see this. I would do it when I really dress up. More of a Saturday night kind of thing than a Tuesday afternoon kind of thing. Wouldn’t do it every time just once in a blue moon to change it up on the T-shirt and jeans thing I usually do.

My question would you lean more to A. What a douchebag or B. Man I really want to have sex with that guy.

And have you ever rocked sunglasses inside the strip club?

58 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Sorry Muddy. But I am NOT going to say B. Not sure what you look like but I don't think you are my type.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    That’s gonna be so cool when you trip on a chair lol ima laugh my ass off
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Guys who like to stand out like that are a mixed bag. But if you like to go on weekend nights, it wouldn’t be *that* weird, especially as a relatively younger guy.

If you do tho, try to see if the DJ will play this song for you.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56HSPQHSqE…
  • ime
    6 years ago
    You would look like a douche or drug dealer.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Ima go with douche, lol
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Don’t forget to bathe in Drakkar Noir and wear an Affliction tee when you go that route
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Wearing sunglasses in a darkass club is either douchey, or comes across as antisocial and wanting to be left alone - I dislike it almost as much as the punk wearing pants halfway down his ass.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I take it I should stop wearing the sunglasses then?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Sunglasses and pant's down around their ankles always get the same results, they always look so cool when they're sprawled out across the floor ; )
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Here’s some classic style shades to roll in the club with.
    https://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Trading-…
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Got to put safety first. Always wear your sunglasses
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Eye protection is a must
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Its too dark in strip clubs as is
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Alright alright! Maybe it was another bad idea. Here I am trying to bring sexy back and TUSCL ain’t haven’t it. Fuck me then. (I gotta at least try it once)
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    I would suggest wearing a pair of binoculars. You'll look just as stupid but at least will be more practical.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Welcome to the VIP room TitLover69. Glad you could make it.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Just be careful about how you hold your cup - someone might see you, think you were blind and try to make a contribution.... ;-)

Then again, some compassionate dancer might reach the same conclusion and give you a Stevie Wonder!! That would be brilliant!
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    One of the local clubs had a dress code, pants pulled up, no colors, no backwards hats, no sunglasses, etc. It also had a bouncer who was a former SEAL, BC discharged (That’s Bad Conduct, i.e. *not* good, for those who don’t know; one step below dishonorable). Kind of a little guy, but obviously in shape. His name wasn’t Gary, but that’s what I’ll call him.

One evening, Gary was in the restroom, or someplace other than watching the door, when a *really* big AA guy came in wearing really dark ones. For whatever reason, the door guy didn't make him take them off, and the customer went and sat down at the stage with them on.

Shortly Gary came out and in due time noticed the guy. I was nearby when he came over to the guy and told him, nicely, that he needed to remove the glasses.

The guy argued, claiming they were prescription. Gary gave him a skeptical look and said, "it's after 11, club rules, sorry."

Well, the guy still argued, repeating that they were prescription and that he couldn't see without them, and stood up and started being real threatening.

Gary just kind of rolled up on the balls of his feet, got right up in the guy's face and said "I.Don't.Give.A.Shit. Take them off or get the fuck out of my club."

The guy took them off.

It was almost as entertaining as the dancers.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ I have a hard time believing if he had prescription glasses at 11pm that the only ones he had were sunglasses.

It would have been funny if the bouncer said something to the effect of "It's so damn dark in here I can't believe you can see with those things on even if they are prescription, now take them off."
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @flag, yeah, the guy was just being a douche. I’ve seen “Gary” deal with multiple thugs at one time. He’s a certified badass.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assume Gary could have put on the sunglasses and see for himself if they were prescription (if they were he would see the difference) - or the guy could have offered to let Gary try them on and see they were prescription - but most likely they weren't.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    The dress code sounds racist and classist TBH. If an old guy with Depends comes in and his pants are sagging coz he shit himself, is he going to be asked to leave for violating the dress code?

The bouncer wasn't professional at all. He could have just checked to see if they were prescription glasses. A bouncer who can't keep his cool in a scenario like that is definitely a liability for the club in more heated scenarios.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If you put on prescription glasses you should notice a difference in how you see (better or worse) - if u don't notice any difference then likely no prescription at all
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    WTF, it doesn't matter if they are prescription or not. The sign says no sunglasses. That means no sunglasses.

As for the comment about racism...
    Nice troll job. There is nothing to indicate this had anything to do with race. Unless the bouncer enforces the rules differently based on the offender's race it is patently unfair to drop the racist bomb.

I hate it when people think rules apply to everyone but them and then claim racism, sexism, ageism,... when they get called on it.

The perception of racism by minorities and libtards is astronomically more pronounced than actual racism in this country as evidenced by so many media reports that get subsequently debunked. It's mostly a trumped up excuse to rationalize not succeeding and justify giving up on even trying.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Rules pertaining to barring dress associated with hip hop styles are aimed at younger men and specifically Black men. So cut the BS.

Prescription sunglasses have to be allowed otherwise the club takes on a huge liability. Guy threatened and coerced into removing prescription glasses, trips and injures himself....easy lawsuit right there.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ No, they don't have to be allowed. There is no liability if you don't let him in the club. More likely to trip and fall in a dark club while wearing sunglasses. Allowing that is more of a liability.

As for your comment on the rules, if they are equally applied I don't see a racial issue. If it said no firearms or no Loser Leaf would there be an issue? There might be more of a predisposition to have those by one race over another. Is there a reason that any specific race can not conform to the rules or is it by customer choice? Entering a SC is not a right.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Enforcement of rules doesn’t qualify as racism sorry sunglass waerers prescription or not aren’t a protected class.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Poor eyesight is a recognized disability. So yeah they are a protected class according to the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Rules that emphasize one certain subculture which is often racialized are racist. Just like rules saying you can't have certain hairstyles have been proven to be discriminatory in courts...
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ So denying drivers licenses to blind people is discriminatory lol
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Don't be looking for racism where it doesn't exist. It hurts legitimate claims.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Next you'll try to claim that criminal profiling is racist.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe they’ve recently invented prescription glasses that aren’t shades
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Yes, and they make transition lenses that are clear but darken in UV light. Not a problem indoors or at night for that matter.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    This thread is hilarious.

I'm in favor of other guys looking like douche bags in the club. Makes my night easier.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ It sounds to me that you are saying that members of a certain race act like douche bags.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @Papi: “I assume Gary could have put on the sunglasses and see for himself if they were prescription (if they were he would see the difference)”

But why should he? Why should he not just enforce the rule?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Because the rules are discriminatory.

Do you honestly believe said bouncer would react the same way to an old white man with sagging pants and a young black man sagging his pants?

I also don't get how anyone could find conflict or a bouncer getting hot headed entertaining. Its a major vibe killer.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    What if they're actually prescription glasses - also some people have eye-conditions that make their eyes very sensitive to light - also sometimes you may have clear and sunglasses prescription glasses and for w/e reason you don't have your prescription clear glasses on you - if they are prescription he should be allowed to wear them indoors - but again unlikely they were prescription
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ @Papi
    The answer to all your what if questions are...

The customer could have gone to a different club or return to this one when he could follow the rules.

@Icey
    "Yes, if the old white guy decided to dress like a douche bag then he would get the same treatment. Simple solution...
    Pull up your fucking pants or go to a different club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I have a severe eye-condition from birth that has gotten considerably worse w/ time - in addition to poor-vision my eyes get dry and the custom contact-lenses I have to wear make them even drier to where I have to put drops in my eyes throughout the day and I'm never w/o a bottle of eyedrops that I use throughout the day.

The black-clubs that I go all have a patdown at the door - many clubs have a "no liquids" policy at the door and some doormen take that to include a small bottle of eyedrops - on multiple occasions I've been told I can't go in with the eyedrops - I've tried telling them I need to use them but they won't budge - at times I've had to not go in the club and abort the visit in part b/c I would have to leave the drops in my car which in the Miami heat will go bad (since I SC mostly on dayshift) - and the eyedrops are expensive for me to leave them in the car to go bad.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Plenty of old men have sagging baggy pants and they are not viewed the same way as young minority men sagging their pants.

Ive seen clubs have patrons leave meds at the front entrance and use them there then take them when they leave

I have prescription sunglasses and have never had a problem with them indoors, anywhere.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    but i usually just wear contacts
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    From what I’ve seen it doesn’t generally go over well to argue with a bouncer. Not just in strip clubs. Anywhere that I’ve seen a bouncer make a judgement call that decision is final. It’s not really a good idea to make them repeat themselves. Some will just throw you out.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Bouncers at strip clubs are usually very professional and only act when necessary.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Yeah I guess what I was describing is more at crowded bars/nightclubs
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I don't know where you live, but out here the stereotypical bouncers are being phased out. Now I'm seeing more professional acting men who are calm and try to de-escalate situations.

I don't know what's wrong with someone if you actually get off on seeing someone abuse their power or bully someone weaker...
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Why do you say he was bullying? It sounded to me that he just approached the guy and told him he couldn't wear sunglasses in the club. The customer is the one who escalated things by questioning it.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Icey
    You sound like one of these douche bags that think they're cool with a "Fuck the cops", "I'll do whatever the hell I want" bravado attitudes. Grow the fuck up. Society isn't focused on fucking you over.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    A customer has the right to question something if it impacts them negatively or unfairly.

Society actually is based on fucking people over for the interests of the private sector. Life in capitalist America.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ How about the rule that you can’t open the door of an airplane while it’s in transit in the air, was does that have an exception too ? Is it reasonable?
    Stupid fuckn millennials;)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I guess if y’all look hard enough you’ll find a stop sign to argue with ;)
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @Papi, in that case, I’d have to say “find another club, or talk to the manager.” Arguing with the bouncer is pointless.

Yes, there are a number of reasons why sunglasses might be legit. There are lots, lots more that just mean the guy is a douche.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Titlover.
    No. The rule is the rule.

It's not okay to go through the express lane at Publix with more tgan 10 items.

It's not okay to try to get service at the local Taco Bell without a shirt and shoes.

It's not okay to go through a red light at 3am when there is nobody within 2 miles.

And...

It's not okay to fucking wear sunglasses in that club if the rules forbid it.

So many of you fuckers think you're so god damned entitled and that rules apply to everyone but you. If the plane was burning and you opened the door to jump out with a parachute you deserve to get fined. It would probably be worth it to you, but you should still get fined.

In this case, if the guy can't see without his sunglasses he can either go to the club and not see or not go to the club. As I said before, going to the club is not a right.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm not saying you should feel bad about breaking a rule. I'm saying that if you break a rule don't get all butt hurt if the rule gets enforced.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    No, if you had eye surgery are blind or are wearing prescription glasses.... that's a legit exception any normal place would accommodate. I've even seen service dogs allowed in strip clubs...
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I believe service dogs have a legal exception.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    so do prescription glasses
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion