tuscl

Playoffs start today

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Who’s watching and who do you like ?
First game Colts at the Texans, I think this is a tough call if forced I’d say the Colts
Second dame Seattle at Dallas the consensus is going to be Dallas but I think Seattle is dangerously streaky I’ll pick the Seahawks
Tomorrow’s games
LA Chargers at the Ravens I think this will be the boring game and I’m taking the Chargers and the points
Eagles at the Bears this one could be the game of the year or a dud, we’ll see, but my money is on Philly finding a way to stay alive but the same could be said for Chicago, I just think The Eagles are a bit better.
Good luck

203 comments

• Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I enjoy football but have such a shitty track record in predictions. But that hasn’t stopped me before. So I’m going with Bears, Seahawks, Chargers and Texans.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I'm pulling for the Texans and the Cowboys today. Then the Ravens and the Bears tomorrow.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ You’re going opposite of me, think you’re gonna make any money;))
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Houston ain’t looking very good right now some remind me why they’re in the playoffs!
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    There is a reason that I never place actual bets with a bookie. I bet with my heart, not with my brain.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Texans might be the new Bengals make the playoffs and lose immediately.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Lights out In Houston, Dallas v Seattle coming up
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Good Lord, Huntsman staying true to form in his track record. Texans were never in that game. From the opening march down the field, Andrew Luck looked like he was playing against the practice squad defense.

Its tough to pick these games, but I'll take Seattle, Chicago, and the Chargers. The only one I'm somewhat sure of is Chicago, their defense is too real. Dallas, even though they're at home just always finds ways to lose in the playoffs with Garrett as head coach. And the Chargers look pretty solid, as long as they can stop that running QB of Baltimore. I swear that stuff always catches defenses by surprise at first. Kaepernick had so much success in his first season. Then came the next season and defenses had him figured out.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Diehard bears fan here go bears!
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    "Bears, Seahawks, Chargers and Texans."

Fuck, if i was a betting man I'd be 0-2. I am 100% positive the bears and chargers will win though.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Dont be surprised if da bears make it to the superbowl.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Shit, so much for my predictions. I forgot Seattle always starts off slow as shit. Like when they went to Carolina and got boat raced 0-30 in the first half only to come back and almost win. Same story here. Hella there and outs in the first quarter.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Looks like Dallas sealed the win so far I'm 1 and 1
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Chessmaster the only lock I see is Chicago. That defense is gonna rape that Philly offense.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    6 years ago
    My heart is cheering for my home town Ravens. My head says they may squeak by tomorrow, but won’t advance after that.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Seattle has some life left, lets see how an onside kick goes
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Not good
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    well they covered so : ) makes me 2 for 2
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    I was certain the cowboys would choke before the game. Dont know what happened.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Chessmaster that's exactly why I picked the Seahawks. The cowboys always find ways to choke. I was more than 50% sure that onside kick would be recovered because of that. Lucky for them that was the worst executed onside kick I've ever seen.

What's your guys picks for Superbowl matchup? I honestly have no fucking clue. But I'll guess Saints vs KC. I'm rooting for Andrew Luck to take out the Chiefs next week TBH. And hoping the Patriots don't make it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Go Cowboys.

Lucky for them Seattle has a pretty-anemic offense although Seattle did have a few big plays but not enough consistent good offense.

Dallas' defense has put them where they are. that new defensive coach has the defense playing its best in the.last 20 years - now.they need.a new.offensive coordinator bc their office is.too inconsistent (and.they may lose their new defensive coach as he's a candidate for some of the head-coaching vacancies)
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Wow, Dallas really shut Seattle down. They are going to be tough out for anyone trying to get to the big game.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Chessmaster Seahawks covered, the spread was 2.5 and Dallas won by 2 if you bet the game you get paid !
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    TFP, I’m good at fucking up predictions, aren’t I?
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    —>”well they covered so : ) makes me 2 for 2.”

With the Dallas-Seattle spread at 2.6, a lot of money was won and lost on that Seattle 2 point conversion
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ for sure
  • Clubber
    6 years ago

I won both my bets, straight up, yesterday. Today, I'm with, well to be honest, I've forgotten. Have to check later.

What a gruesome injury to a UM alumni! I've broken both ankles (sky diving and motorcycle), in my lifetime, but nothing like that! I wish him well!
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    I got both games right yesterday.

Today I’m picking Chargers and Da Bears
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    >Wow, Dallas really shut Seattle down. They are going to be tough out for anyone trying to get to the big game.<

Gee Rick not sure what game you watched, but Dallas winning by 2 point, by virtue of a 2 point conversion doesn’t really qualify as shutting Seattle down, it just doesn’t!
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    ^^^^I wouldn't be surprised if 70% or more of the country has the same picks.

Baltimore's offense is GAHbage!!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    So far Baltimore vs the LA Chargers is as predicted a real snoozepalooza
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Baltimore just woke us up, but it was all for naught, the Chargers got the score lol
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Can we fast forward this game already? This is like the most pathetic offensive display I've ever seen from the Ravens side.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Wow, now this is actually a game. Can't believe it. Baltimore has been absolutely terrible until about 4 minutes ago. I can't believe that they're an onside kick and a TD away from winning this game.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If they pull it off it’ll be amazing!
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    How fitting an ending is that, right? Started the game fumbling all those times, only proper that he finish with one.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    One has to question how far a NFL team can go when it's leading rusher is the QB.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    So I’m 3 for three next ;)
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    @Minnow Michael Vick got pretty far as the leading rusher for the Falcons.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    @TFP- But how far did the Falcons go with him ? (MV).
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    They made it to one NFC championship game. But not the year he was the leading rusher for the team so yeah I get your point.

Meanwhile, the Eagles offense already looks pretty good against the Bears defense. It's all about how Trubisky performs I guess.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Not too much offense in the Bears/Eagles game either
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Yes true but this game is for real a defensive contest, I think it’s a bit of a throwback style of game.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Papi yeah I expected that to be honest. We all know the Bears are all about defense, and Mitch Trubisky managing the game.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Well we have a one point game with less than a full quarter to go it’s gonna be a slugfest.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Pretty captivating game right now. Philly needs TD or bust. And if they score the TD, Chicago has to go down the field and lick a field goal to win. Unless Philly goes for the 2 pt conversion.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    i bet Philly goes for two just to eat some time off the clock
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Failed 2pt conversion. But will Chicago be able to get in field goal range in time? Sadly, I think not. So if they don't, I'll have been dead wrong about the Chicago pick being a lock for this week.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Failed 2pt conversion. But will Chicago be able to get in field goal range in time? Sadly, I think not. So if they don't, I'll have been dead wrong about the Chicago pick being a lock for this week.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Wow! Already I'm already looking wrong! Didn't expect a return like that.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Chicago might win but they ain't gonna cover I'm four for 4
    oh shit they missed Philly takes it
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Whatta game great
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Wow! Heartbreaking for Chicago and that kicker.

Twemtyfive how much did you win?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    over all 4 games $2000.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    The double doink seems like it could be a metaphor for a bad club experience.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    You can't count on winning a playoff game if you're just gonna score 15 points
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ true but Philly is still in the mix with 16 points;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ only b/c they were playing the Bears which only scored 15
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    What’s the matchups for next week?
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Cowboys at Rams. Eagles at Saints. Colts at Patriots. Chargers at Chiefs. Who y'all got?

I'll go Rams, Saints, Colts, Chiefs.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’ll post my picks Tuesday after I look at the spreads.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Right now I like Saints and Chiefs
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Yeeeeeeeep
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    My fault. It's Colts at Chiefs and Chargers at Patriotsm. My picks are still the same.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    3 of 4 thanks to a TO and the blocked kick.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    They are calling that kick which hit both the right upright and the crossbar the Foles effect;)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I was in the money until the "Cubs" let Ray Finkle kick for the winning field goal.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^LOL
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Pats - think Ravens were a worse matchup, Pats at home, travel back to East Coast again. Disclaimer Pats fan
    Rams
    Saints
    Colts Upset KC
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Right now I think the Saints and Chargers will face off in the Super Bowl. That almost certainly means it will be the Eagles v. Colts with my track record.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    People picking the Saints really hits me. He could be in Miami and possibly have saban as his head coach. Stupid doctors!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I think this weekend's games are going to be brutal,
    Saturday
    First one is Indianapolis Colts at Kansas City Chiefs, I think Luck's luck is going to run out, Mahomes is going to be too much for the Colts, second
    Next Dallas Cowboys at the L.A. Rams I don't think this game will be a snoozer but ain't no way Cowboy's are going to get past this team, L.A. is going to overwhelm them in the end
    Sunday
    This game is highly anticipated but this one might be the overhyped game this year, New England Patriots at home against The L.A.Chargers, Brady's getting old and his numbers show it, Gronk is all partied out I think the Chargers expose the Patriots and end their season
    Last up but it should be a great offensive game will be Philly's own Eagles at The N.O. Saints, should be plenty of scoring, but I think Brees cancels out the Foles effect
    There you guys have em my picks Chiefs -5.5, Rams -7, Chargers +4, NOLA -7
    I was 3 of 4, last week 4 for 4 with the spread on my bets anybody disagree with my picks or reasoning ?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I can see the Colts beating KC - not saying they will - but would not be surprised - main-reason I say this is b/c Colts' defense is ranked 11th in total defense whereas KC's is ranked 31st - KC's offense *is* ranked #1 in total offense but Colts' is a pretty-good 7th ranked.

If you take the crude measurement one can say Indy is ranked 9th in combined offense/defense while KC is combo-ranked 16th - def not a hard-metric but seems the Colts are well-balanced:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/…
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    We'll find out on Saturday I guess ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ we'll find out Jackie
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    What do you think about New England, I think they're getting old and riding on the team Belichick built, to cover up for Brady's weaknesses, I saw that bootleg he made last week and thought to myself he's just a sack away from getting his bell rung.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    NE seems to always have a knack for showing up in big-games - but perhaps its wheels may have fallen off like it did for Bama - past history indicates NE is much more reliable than the Chargers, but that's past history.

The Chargers have the overall 9th defense while NE is 21st - based on their defenses I'm gonna go w/ the Chargers.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    RE: My comment above should read:

People picking the Saints with Drew Brees as the QB really hits me. He could be in Miami and possibly have saban as his head coach. Stupid doctors!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Indy at KC starts in about an hour who’s watching?
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    The beers in the fridge and I'm already on the couch waiting! I'm ready for some football!!

Who you got, twentyfive?
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    My picks

Chiefs
    Rams
    Chargers
    Saints
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I did so poorly last week with picking that I"m going to just watch this week.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    My picks

Colts
    Rams
    Chargers
    Saints
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Sorry twentyfive, I saw your picks above and in detail. I should've scrolled back before asking.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Why do you like the Colts over the Chiefs the line is Chiefs plus 5 ?
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    My picks were just win/loss, not taking the spread into account.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Still why do you like the Colts, is it that you're a fan ? not throwing shade just curious !
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I just thought that Luck's playoff experience would shine vs Mahomes inexperience in the post season. Plus the KC defense is suspect and the Colts defense I thought was more stout.

So far it's looking like I'm dead wrong about all of that lol. Not like I haven't been wrong before haha. Time for a beer!
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Jesus! If KC goes right down the field again this might be a wash.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Wow! Let me sit on the couch of losing pickers with Warrior And Huntsman. Jesus!
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Haha. Chiefs trying to spot the Colts some points so it's not a total wash.
  • rogertex
    6 years ago
    I’m with huntsman, 25, tfp, govikings - saints play on feb 3
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Looks grim for the bettors on the couches ;)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    TOP is the story of this game
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^Aint that the truth, twentyfive. The way this game is going I forgot the Colts even had an offensive unit.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    here comes game #2
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    This second game looks like it has a much better chance of the underdog winning. Indy was out of the first game in a matter of minutes.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    True plus the Cowboys are among the best in initiating shit, then getting personal foul calls in their favor
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Cowboys suck.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    CJ Anderson/Todd Gurley combo looking like a bit too much for Dallas.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Looking at the players on the Dallas sideline, they look beat, it's not over but it ain't looking good for Dallas.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    One possession game.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    1-1 today. At least Dallas kept it close. Fucking Colts.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Lights out for Dallas, loved watching JJs team lose : )
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Cowboys got out-executed - the game was not really that close - you can't give up almost 300-yards rushing and expect to have a chance to win.

Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in American sports, yet they've had a mediocre coach for years - the most valuable franchise you'd think would have the best coach.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    That Cowboys game was at least closer than the Colts/Chiefs game. That first game was murder.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Gurley out runs Zeke again..... where did that Gurley go to college?
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I do need to say that being in Dallas rooting for the Rams (I dont care about Rams, I'm rooting for Gurley) last night was a lot of fun..... man these cowboy fans dont take an ass beating well, you would think they would be better at it by now
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Yessiree how about them Cowgirls yippee
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Back to a serious football topic, Is this the last best chance for Brady and Belichick to get to the Super Bowl ?
    I think they're going to lose today, and I think as great as Brady is, time is catching up to him.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I think the time has come and gone for the Pats.....I haven't changed my mind since I saw the Saints beat the Rams the first week of November.

Saints vs Chiefs in the Superbowl---Chargers are the random element.

I missed the post yesterday ( saw we had one troll over here tracking up the board with their nonsense and shut the board down without posting or reading further)

So far in my poll for the playoffs I've missed one game. The Eagles beat the Bears.

I had Anderson as one of my backs early on in the FF but the Panthers never allowed him to touch the ball......the last couple of games showed what he is capable of doing.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I agree with Brady's age finally catching up to him. I think if they lose today it'll be the a sign that the Brady/Belichick era of domination is coming to a close. The official end of that era will be if they ever miss the playoffs. Which is almost impossible given that shitty AFC East division they play in.

Much like I've been waiting for LeBron to finally show signs of slowing down. But so far, none.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    That was a hell of a route for that TD by Allen. Rivers has got the goods to compete with old man Brady. Just gotta execute.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    This one is over looks like I was wrong.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Yeah same here. This is worse than the Chiefs/Colts game from yesterday, and that was a shlacking as well.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    That Sony Michel ran them the fuck over..... where did he go to college?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Coaching - give Belichick two weeks to prepare and you have a situation in your hands.

Chargers were 12-4 in the reg season - and most people can argue the Chargers overall have more talent, yet the superbly prepared Patriots smacked the Chargers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    IMO the biggest issue w/ the Patriots is them not willing to pay people - they don't sign/resign good players to big contracts and just let them go - other than Gronk and Brady everyone else is pretty-much no-names (the cornerback McCourty is also pretty-good) - I was hearing on the radio that the Patriots didn't wanna resign Gronk when he was last signed but that Brady pushed for it (not sure how true that it is but ...)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Both White and Edelman were also on my FF team. Both had good games. The Patriots controlled the lines on both sides of the ball.

The Chargers have been a second half team most of the year and a road team. I had the Pats but I thought it would be very, very close. ( and it wasn't)

It only locks down what I had said in my previous comment. ( to me at least.) Chiefs vs Saints. I don't see the Pats going into KC and winning.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Holy shit, what a start by Philly. "IS THAT FUCKING FOLES IN HERE?!"
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    New England cost me a few bucks I’m watching this one closely
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Brees IMO has not looked the same in the 2nd-half of the season, seems like he's hit a wall - in the first play of the game he under-threw Ted Ginn that had beaten the DB and resulted in an interception
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Well the Eagles just scored what I expected them to get for the entire game......and it is Q-1.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Wow. If this game continues like this I will remain on the couch with Warrior15 and not even bother trying to pick anymore games.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I might have to join you, still better than the circles jerk in the front room ;)
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Finally the Saints are playing like a #1 seed. Beautiful drive to keep Foles off the field. Now let's see what the defense can do.

Best game of the weekend.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    that's the game
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Last week the bears kicker was the villian of the week. This week it's Alshon Jeffry. Right through his hands and to the defense for the game sealing INT. They're already ripping him to shreds on the net with the crying Jordan memes, the birdbox blindfolds, etc. Entertaining last game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Saints seemed to dominate the last 3 quarters but couldn't put the Eagles away - Brees seems to be having issues throwing the deep-pass, he under-threw two deep open throws that could have gone for touchdowns - IDK if he's not 100%, or losing arm-strength due to age and being late in the season (although they had 2-weeks rest).
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I'm sitting in 3rd place in a local poll at the moment. The Eagles beating the Bears the previous week being my one miss but point difference is also a factor as well in this thing. For instance yesterday I had the Saints winning 31-14 ( my comment above on the Eagles getting 14 in the first Q being what I had projected for them the entire game.)
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    "Saints seemed to dominate the last 3 quarters but couldn't put the Eagles away"

At the beginning of the season the Browns, with the worst coach in NFL history, played @ the Saints, narrowly lost and would have beat them if their kicker hadn't missed 2 extra points and 2 field goals.
    The point is that even though I'd like to see the Saints in the SuperBowl they are far from infallible and the adage "any given Sunday" always applies.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’m re-evaluating next Sunday’s games I think the winner of NE v KC ends up winniing the Super Bowl my feeling is The Saints aren’t as good as billed I’ll have my picks tomorrow
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Many are saying whomever wins the AFC conference game will win the SB
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ jeez - I posted my comment at the same time you posted yours
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Great minds think alike;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Both of your retarded minds think alike too.
    ;-)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Fuck you fruity
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ what a homo
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I assume your talking about the guy who poster before me ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ you assume right - I didn't look at the last post carefully
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I feel it is a mistake to look at the Saints the first three or four games of the year ---the defense kicked in around game eight/nine and since then they have been a better teams despite their level of play against the Cowboys.

I have until Friday to turn in my picks this week but Chiefs and Saints are probably the direction I am headed
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    All week I have been struggling with my picks for this weekend and I think the Patriots v the Chiefs is going to come down to a defensive struggle Brady seems to have regained that chip he has on his shoulder which is a good thing, but I still feel that the Pats best days with this incarnation of the team is behind them I’ll take Kansas City and the home field advantage for this one plus 3
    As for the Rams against the Saints that one feels wrong to bet against Drew Brees despite the weakness they showed last week against The Eagles
    Again I’ll pick the Saints and give the 2 points.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm picking the Redskins.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Who’s ready for some football?
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Clubber waves his hand in the air. Will be heading down to our local watering hole where we are fixing steaks for our little group.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I would not want to be in Kansas City today. It's in the 50's right now in Tampa and I'm looking around for my jacket.

Old vs the new today. Brady vs Mahomes, Brees vs Goff. Are you going with the Hall of Famers or the Read-Option kids
    ?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The media always play up the competition between the QBs, but they are never on the field at the same time, have different supporting casts, and play against different defenses.

It's NE vs. KC and No vs. LA
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I’ve said many times old age and treachery will always overcome youth and strength;)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I have the Chiefs and the Saints today. Nothing changed my mind in the last six days.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I do also but I’m not as comfortable with the Saints.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    NO and KC
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    That TD was what I meant by age and experience, anyone thinking it out would have realized the Saints weren't really going to go for it on fourth down in this situation and it was so predictable drawing the Rams offside. lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Gutsy play by the Rams on that fake-punt - that's called playing to win instead of playing not-to-lose
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    How many cliches can we pack into this thread?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^As many as you like ;))
    I have nothing against cliches.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If the cliche fits
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Rams fighting back
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Defense wins championships.
    ;-)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    "Nothing Comes Easy in This League"
    A team that likes to play football
    This Is a Must Win
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Win or go home.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    When the Rams are on offense it's so loud in the stadium that I gotta lower the TV volume then raise it when the Saints are on offense

That's not a cliche
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I was worried about the Saints looks like I had a right to be
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Wow what a kick - you can't keep giving an offense like that extra chances - good game but the Saints didn't put them away despite being ahead most of the game - although the Saints got f'ed over by the refs on that blown PI call
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Looks like it'll be the #1 and #2 offenses in the SB (Chiefs/Rams)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I didn't count on Stevie Wonder being a ref.
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    Saints got fucked. I went to school with Sean Payton and his press conference is going to cost him $$$$
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "I’ve said many times old age and treachery will always overcome youth and strength;)"

Oops
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Meanwhile you picked the same teams i did ouch ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    NE has dominated - KC lucky to be down only 2 TDs
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    KC needs to upgrade their D - looks like they need a new DC
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’m getting my ass whipped today ;(
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    KC needs to nip NE's screen pass shit in the bud
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    KC got some timely calls go their way in this last drive to go up 28/24
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    An exciting game so far
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ But the biggest call of this period was that punt in N.E.s favor
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Wow - everyone said Bronk was done but comes up with the biggest play of the game
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Dee Ford screwed up
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Living La Vida Loca ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Wow - both games going to overtime - good stuff
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Gotdayum !
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Damn KC's defense lets them down
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Both dogs won today !!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Tony Romo called it - the way the offenses were moving the ball whomever won the coin-toss would likely win the game
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    Well, shit, another SB with the Patriots in it. If last year is any precursor, the Rams should win. Recall that the Patriots beat the Eagles in the 2005 SB, then the Eagles got even by beating NE last year. Patriots beat the Rams in 2002 SB, it's the Rams turn to even the score in 2019.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ karma - good point
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    25.... I think you meant both dawgs won today.... Gurley and Michel
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Underdogs is what I mean't but you have a point
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    And these were the best officials throughout the season???
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Georgia has 4 players in the super bowl, which is tied for most this year with Rutgers.... fucking Rutgers
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I've officially been eliminated from the playoff poll.

Could have survived the Chiefs losing-everyone ahead of me had them as well.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’m not going to waste any money betting against the Patriots this seems to be their year. ;(
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    So UGA football an Rutgers football are on the same level? I thought Georgia was better than that.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Evidently not lol...of course they are the top two teams for producing super bowl talent this year. UGA has actually had 3 Super Bowl MVP's Hines Ward, Terrell Davis, and Jake Scott. Michigan holds the record with 5 MVP's but 4 of them have been Brady. Alabamma has 3 but 2 of them were Bart Starr, Notre Dame has 3 all are Joe Montana. USC is the only other school to have 3 unique MVP's with Lynn Swann, Marcus Allen, and Malcom Smith.

How is UCF looking on the Super Bowl roster
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    ^ twentyfive I looked at match ups yesterday and to me at least the Patriots didn't match up well with the Chiefs. Even the announcers commented they had to get out the gate earlier or the Chiefs were going to run away with it.

With Gordon out they have no wide outs. ( great for me in FF with White and Edelman-which is why I took them prior to then getting Gordon and then him not making the end of the season) They don't have a dominating defense and their safeties are weak. I kept thinking Kelce was going to tear them up.....didn't happen and Edelman and Gronk just kept moving them down the field whenever they needed yards.

The Saints hadn't given up 100 yards to any back. The Rams all year fire off the running game and then when they draw teams in go pass happy.

I hate to back the Patriots but the Rams don't belong in the game as far as I am concerned. There was more than one bad call---a few helmet to helmets not called but the last one was the killer.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ don’t forget that the breaks and bad calls this year seem to favor the Patriots more than anything else. Intangibles are part of it, and they put themselves in a position to take advantage of the breaks,prolly better than anyone else.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    Another interesting bit of trivia: 2002 and 2019 have identical yearly calendars. 21 January was a Monday in 2002. Feb 3,2002 Superbowl was Los Angeles Rams vs New England Patriots. Feb 19, 2019 Superbowl is Los Angeles Rams vs New England Patriots. If New England wins this Superbowl with a last second field goal, I think I'll review the 2002 archives for winning lottery ticket numbers.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    That would be stupid.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Daddillac,

Jake Scott should not of been the MVP. Manny was! BTW, my SO loved Jake Scott. Likely why that is or son's moniker. :)
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Despite the bad calls, being a Browns fan bad calls are the norm here, I liked the fact that both championship games were competitive to the end.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    If anyone who actually watched the Pats/Chiefs game believes that the Pats were the net beneficiaries of ref calls then they were sleeping on the couch. The refs did everything they could to hep the Chief out in the final drives by handing over huge chunks of yards on questionable pass interference calls, including basically gifting KC with a touchdown by handing it to them on the goal line and giving them a huge chunk on their very next possession. Meanwhile KC defenders were riding Gronk like a Shetland pony for most of the game.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ you really need to get your glasses fixed, you ain’t seeing so good.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Mea culpa on that one 25. Guess I was reading too fast.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion