tuscl

Remember when there were lists here....

The top 100 clubs in the US?

The top clubs in each state??

I want that back, did anyone else ever use those??

23 comments

• wallanon
    6 years ago
    I used those lists when they were there. There was some gaming of the system with some of the clubs it seemed, so there were some grumbles about whether or not some of the top clubs deserved their place on the list.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    The lists were fun. I enjoyed checking them out. I was thinking Founder was working to revise the criteria - but maybe they are gone for good?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    They were Top 40 lists. But I agree. I liked them and would like to see them back. There were also Top 40 lists for TUSCL members. Most Trusts, Most Reviews, etc.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I think that founder got jealous because Papi was the the top dog in all categories so he made them go away ;)
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    We need lists back for sure
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Yes those lists were very insightful. That list and seeing Hong Kong as the #1 club inspired me to read reviews if that club. Then the reviews inspired a trip. As well as trips to some of the other popular clubs. And although there was gaming of the system with some clubs (I remember one specifically), for the most part the reviews confirmed the top clubs rightfully deserved their place.

Maybe the top 40 lists will come back when articles come back.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I was in da top 40 for shitheads
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    The lists were totally and completely worthless. A bunch of clubs were listed in various “top” categories that veterans had either never heard of or knew to be crap.I didn’t know that they were gone and certainly won’t miss them.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    I actually went and worked in a lot of the clubs that were on the top clubs list and most of them were awesome. “Veterans” make a small percentage of the reviews. Who cares. There’s no one here who can review every club in every state. Tbh I have probably been to more clubs than 95% of the people on this site because I travel FOR THE PURPOSE of going to clubs and even I haven’t been everywhere. The clubs on the list had tons of reviews so saying people hadn’t heard of them? That’s silly.

If you didn’t know they were gone then that’s illustrative of not having to interact with that page on this site, so it does no harm to have the lists here. — eye roll —
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Before the top40 lists, I do seem to recall there was a top 100 list, as PSD mentions. I found tuscl in 2015 so it was as recent as that if not later.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The list of top value clubs is how I learned about IR.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Some "top clubs" suffered from geographical bias - i.e. they may have been "good" for their area but not necessarily good compared to clubs in other areas
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    A lot of the high rated clubs were there based upon past laurels.
  • TxVegas
    6 years ago
    I used the top 100 lists and then the later created top 40 lists a great deal as I travel all over the US. The original club score was based on the last year of reviews (based on the fact that clubs with no reviews had scores of 0). There appeared to be a weighting based on the number of reviews of the reviewer, which helped to discount the one time review that seemed to be an ad. I would use the scores and then read reviews to decide where to go in a new city. So, I didn’t just use the score, but the score helped me limit which clubs to read reviews about. The total number of reviews is also helpful. I hope the rankings come back at some point. It also made for some debate when clubs were way out of line with rankings.

The original rankings years ago were top 100 clubs overall, and then subrankings of each of the three review categories (club, value, dancers). The top 40 was different and also included some reviewer rankings like all time number of reviews and reviews in the last year.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    It was top 100 before top 40. I want top 100 back.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    I do remember the discussions here being sorta useful/informative when I first signed up and that’s why I read them.. now it’s more like mindless entertainment
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    I wish for top 100 to return.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    You can still see the old list. Go the wayback machine and search tuscl.net:

https://archive.org/web
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    There needs to be some sort of decay so that clubs that start to get bad ratings or not a lot of reviews start falling down because their old ratings can't keep them on top of lists.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    YEAH. ^^

There’s a club close to my club that has better reviews but it’s a shithole! I wish for this too.

I have a lot of wishes.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    The only club I visited off the rankings was Inner Room. That said, I liked seeing where clubs I'd visited ranked among other clubs in the country. Seemed a quick (although not entirely accurate, for reasons listed in prior comments) way to compare my experiences to those in the best clubs.
  • trickystick
    6 years ago
    I didn't mind the rankings and hope they come back.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Those lists were largely meaningless and pointless.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion