tuscl

Guys who call themselves "PL"

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Maybe I'm off the mark here, but I can't help but suspect that guys who call themselves and others PLs really do harbor some self-disgust. I know that they argue that it is just tongue-in-cheek humor, but the longer it goes on the less I believe this explanation. I am rather starting to believe that they either truly dislike themselves and/or others for hanging out in strip clubs.

Idk, but if I ever actually felt this way about myself, I would be highly motivated to do something about it. Just a thought. ;)

54 comments

• rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Or maybe they dislike themselves for whatever reason they blame for why they seek out paid companionship. Again, idk, but it is starting to get a little weird now.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    idk it's just faster to type than customer
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It's called having a sense of humor - you wouldn't understand
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    If you are asking me, I would say yes, it is self disgust. But it is also just correct perception.

Anyone who depends upon strip clubs or P4P for their sexual gratification has got something seriously wrong in their life.

If your life is not somehow screwed up ( including dysfunctional marriage in this ), then most sex workers can be gotten into ongoing relationships and even off the clock. In most countries other than the US, smart guys keep mistresses. They get money, but they are still not really P4P.

I don't really go along with the idea of Winners and Losers. I don't view the world that way.

But I do know that many end up cast into roles which look that way.

When I first joined this forum I wrote on my profile that I may look like a PL, and I may even really be one. But my objective is to like like King Herod The Great.

SJG

LifeBoat Forum
    http://testosteronelifeboat.freeforums.n…

Martinism
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEu3TIjf…

Talk Gnosis: The Rosicrucians part 1, Dr. Jeffrey S. Kupperman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKH3A2DW…

[Talk Gnosis] Martinism & Gnosticism
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZz7z784…

Gnostic Sex
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENv6Fz_k…

Thelema and Gnosticism
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-_5fGQ…

Early Christian Magic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7P3yYME…

Killing Me Softly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4USer34…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhs8QGNj…

Elysian Encounter-Baker Gurvitz Army - playlist full album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-DUyaY…
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Papi, I hear you, but I'm just not sure that I buy it. Most self deprecating humor is often a bbackhanded form of humble bragging, but this feels nothing like that. It really does feel like some guys here, on some level, feel a kernel or more of truth in it. Kinda' sad tbh.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I don't use the term myself, but the opposite extreme is 10x more clownish and neurotic. In other words guys who don't seem to understand that they are nothing more than johns paying prostitutes for sex. As if there's some kind of "thrill of the chase."

As I said, 10x more clownish.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    It's an easy abbreviation and an already accepted term. I've always looked at it as just as that.

Personally if a guy is sensitive to it enough for it to be an issue, I think he's the one with the issues.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A big part of the discussion board is being a bit goofy - it's TUSCL not The Academy Of Science - no need for a big-dive into most of what's posted here.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Is this the pot calling the kettle black?
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    This pot is full of shit
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    It's the shit calling the feces defecation.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I do not agree. I take the term PL most seriously. I appreciated immediately how it is being used.

SJG
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    The reality, @Dugan, is that you're a middle aged guy squandering his kids inheritance on prostitutes. We'll give you a gold metal instead of calling you a PL.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’ve heard this kind of subject brought up a couple of times. Nobody seems to really get bothered by it.

I know for me, I just use “PL” because
    1. It doesn’t offend anyone here (as opposed to other words, like “trick”)
    2. It’s more convenient

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php5?id…
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php5?id…
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    The skat calling the dung a turd.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Ricky is pissed because he didnt find a manager to stroke or a bouncer to grease
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I take it as a bleak and accurate description. Nothing humorous about it, it is just the truth.

SJG
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Yeah it doesn't mean anything. But since we're on the topic, who started it?
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    That san_jose_creep has such a big issue with it is exactly my point!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I'm good with trick, PL or whatever, it doesn't bother me in the least. Just take it the way it's intended and it means very little.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Rick and SJG agree that it is self-loathing so it must not be.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I see PL has having a huge and well focused meaning.

SJG
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    It's the trick calling the pathetic loser a guy with no game.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I love PL lmao
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    It's also a unifying term for all strip clubbers. As long as one pays a stripper for anything sexual, one is a "pathetic loser". We are all the same in this regard whether it is a single $1 stage tip or $500 to take her OTC for an hour.

If you go to a strip club it is irony to judge others that do it too.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Extras club experienced dancer told me, "Don't use strip clubs for sexual gratification, that is perverted".

So what are they good for?

Imbibing a sexual aesthetic.

For those who want outside relationships, not strict P4P, with dancers.

SJG
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    LMAO imbibing a sexual aesthetic is a euphemism for attaining sexual gratification.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I'll solve this problem. From now on, let's refer to ourselves as PW's - Pathetic Winners. Then we can all get a trophy.
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    6 years ago
    You boys should just call yourselves RDs.

RD=rickdugan, or also Real Donkeys
  • Mnaz
    6 years ago
    FWIW, I agree with Dugan and SJG 100% on this one, excluding the king herod stuff which is just stupid.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    It wouldn't surprise me if someone who isn't really a frequent club patron coined this term on here. But the self hate is so strong in some that they readily adopted it like some badge of pride. If I was that person, I'd be getting a never-ending kick out of it. Nobody who has any real sense of pride would willingly label himself that way, regardless of the context.

To be clear, I couldn't care less about what anyone on this board thinks of me, which I'm sure has been pretty clear for some time now with my posting style. This is just an extension of my clubbing entertainment when I cannot be at the club. But all this constant "PL" self-hate is becoming a real buzz kill, LOL.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    "PL" is the term for all strip club customers except me.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I am not a fan of PL or LDK. I tend to think in terms of the acronym and forget the meaning behind it.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    I'd call most custies either pathetic or losers. Pathetic in having to pay women for attention, and losers for having no friends IRL... But it takes a special breed to be a Pathetic Loser. ;)

But srsly, guys here call themselves PLs as a way to show they're not ashamed of going to the SCs and own why they're here. Like any social group there's those who truly belong and those who pretend to be. It's part of the vernacular to form an in-group vs out-group. It's a badge of honor, but only within the SC community and more likely just here. Guys aren't running around referring to themselves as PLs outside in the real world.

• stripfighter
    6 years ago
    "Most self deprecating humor is often a bbackhanded form of humble bragging" --rickdugan

going by this reasoning, being a PL is a form of humble bragging. Pretending to be a PL, but having(bragging) about the means/money to do so.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    The #2 calling the poop a brown trout.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    It wouldn't surprise me if someone who isn't really a frequent club patron coined this term on here. But the self hate is so strong in some that they readily adopted it like some badge of pride. If I was that person, I'd be getting a never-ending kick out of it. Nobody who has any real sense of pride would willingly label himself that way, regardless of the context.

To be clear, I couldn't care less about what anyone on this board thinks of me, which I'm sure has been pretty clear for some time now with my posting style. This is just an extension of my clubbing entertainment when I cannot be at the club. But all this constant "PL" self-hate is becoming a real buzz kill, LOL

Rofl... I wonder who coined the terms "stroke a manager" and "greasing the bouncer"

Also nothing is more pathetic than paying a dancer thousands of dollars just to talk.

Oh wait I figured it out... someone wearing a white polyester suit and bragging about a 35% success rate at paying strippers for sex
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    I guess it's something like a strip club n-word. For instance, blacks that use the word for themselves aren't self-hating but a non-black wouldn't be allowed to use it because the usage/meaning outside of that group is offensive. Likewise, among mongers, there's a general acceptance (or a lack of judgement) of what it means to be a PL, but if someone outside of that circle were to call a PL pathetic, they'd be told to fuck off and that they didn't know shit. Anyway, PL for me will always be pussy lover and it suits me well...
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    As I recall, PL as a term for strip customer has been around since the Usenet days.

I’m pretty sure I don’t abhor myself enough to actually think of myself as pathetic in anything other than an ironic way, but what do I know?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"I guess it's something like a strip club n-word."

YOu're on the right track. Maybe a little more like the word "queer", which was "taken back" by the gay community. Although in this case, not so much taken back but adopted the moment we heard it. I've related the etymology of PL on this forum several times -- I was there when it was created, on usenet as gmd correctly remembers.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Who's to say some of those guys aren't aware and are actively making changes? It's there's any self hate (or self deprecating humor), it's usually to fish for advice. Tuscl is about 50/50 weirdness and real talk. Plus this is about the only real place our social circles intersect.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    The caca calling the poo-poo doo-doo.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Meh. I see it as strictly a TUSCL term, mostly used as a bit of ironic humor.

Honestly, this is one of the most narcissistic forums I've ever participated in, and that remains true if you exclude the dancers who post here.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I don’t care what term is used to describe my clubbing.

If I feel self- loathing or other issues, those issues are more related to my decision to club. What folks refer to me as, because I club, is secondary.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    That's true! Any self-loathing never related to the actual club or dancers and more with what's happening in my real life. If anything the pick-me-up I get from clubbing helps to alleviate that and motivate me to correct the real underlying problem. I always look forward to each visit once I decide and plan in advance to go, I enjoy the visit 110% while I'm there, and the after-club lift and happiness and glow is good for at least 3 days is not 2 full weeks!

Those guys who are sad while in the club or sad when they leave the club. That's never me! Maybe I'll start a new trend and call myself regular guy who sometimes goes to strip clubs.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    It doesn’t matter much to me what terms people use. Some folks seem to be serious in there postings on here, others are almost always just fucking around and, I think, most of us post as a mixture of the two. But even saying that, I don’t actually know people here and whether they are projecting a persona for their posts, deliberately or not. So I have no idea whether people on Tuscl dislike themselves and i don’t think anyone is going to figure out the inner thoughts or feelings of anyone else here.
  • ei8ht_Ball
    6 years ago
    I have women half my age sitting around naked and flirting with me. Why on earth would that be pathetic? They ignore the cheap bastards and pay attention to me. I view it as a sign of success.

I do agree with what rickdugan is saying. If you know what you want out of this and have the means to get it, go ahead and get it.

I consider strip club customers pathetic if they fall into one of these categories:

1) They've been trying for years and have never gotten OTC

2) They overpay constantly and/or they feel obligated to buy a dance from anyone who asks politely

3) They think the girl really has feelings for them

4) When they get a girls number they're blocked almost immediately because they text her constantly

The list, of course, is not all inclusive. But I would never refer to myself as a PL. I don't see the humor and I don't think it applies to me.
  • K
    6 years ago
    "It wouldn't surprise me if someone who isn't really a frequent club patron coined this term on here."

We cover this every few months. It was first used by a stripper in a usenet forum over twenry years ago. Perhaps founder can create a sticky from one of the previous discussions.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Everyone knows that guys who hang out in bars are losers. All the more so for strip clubs.

SJG
  • motownkid
    6 years ago
    I find it a humorous term - I think I first heard it from one of Papi's posts. After that I got used to it. I think if you have the full meaning of it - it is hilarious. Of course for humor to be good there has to be a little truth in it....He He
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Are you imagining it with a British accent or something? I think the first time I heard that word being used was Harry Potter.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    Dugan has a wife and kids, but yet fucks strippers and takes advantage of strippers when they’re in tough situations.

What would be a better word Dugan? Prophet? :)
  • ei8ht_Ball
    6 years ago
    "Dugan has a wife and kids, but yet fucks strippers and takes advantage of strippers when they’re in tough situations."

I could easily make the argument that everyone's employer takes advantage of their need for money. Otherwise we wouldn't work. But I did choose my occupation. Sometimes I stay later than I want to and sometimes I take on assignments that I'd rather not have. Should strippers be spared from making similar exceptions in their line of work?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    In the pool halls, the hustlers and the losers
    I used to watch 'em through the glass
    Well I'd stand outside at closing time
    Just to watch her walk on past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH29n-MV…

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion