tuscl

acetaminophen or ibuprofen?

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Monday, September 3, 2018 5:57 AM
What's better for a headache?

26 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ You just want to start an argument;)
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Or he has a hangover. :)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^That old motherfucker can’t hold his liquor, nurses said he puked his guts all over his fruit cup. ;)
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Excedren and tequila will cute any headache.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Hair of the dog. Start drinking again !
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Classic - “^That old motherfucker can’t hold his liquor, nurses said he puked his guts all over his fruit cup. ;)”
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Yes that nursing home he stays in is famous for their fruit cups, it’s the reason they have a waiting list for admission ;)
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I try to avoid acetaminophen, but it probably is better for headache than ibuprofen. But Ibuprofen is better for most other aches (back, ear, tooth, sinuses etc), and is an anti-inflammatory (acetaminophen is not), and reduces fever. And next time your period comes, Ibuprofen will help with the cramps better. If it is a headache from a hangover, I recommend either acetaminophen OR Ibuprofen, a glass of ice water, and a shot.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    That hair of the dog is a myth I tell ya. Last time I tried that I was puking my guts out.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Lol Pistola did you puke it up immediately? It needs to stay down so it can get into your system.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Nah I was an hour in thinking 'this was a very bad idea...'
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Aspirin
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    That time of the month, @flag? NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) will destroy the lining of your stomach eventually. Tylenol will destroy your liver which is even worse. NSAIDs thin your blood which can have all sorts of beneficial effects. So the answer is ibuprofen (unless you have stomach ulcers).
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Thank you all for your input.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Last time I had a bad toothache (eventually resulting in a root canal) my dentist prescribed both. Apparently they are more effective in combination than each is individually. I can’t remember the ratio she prescribed.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Do not take ANY NSAID pain reliever if you are also on Warfarin or any similar blood thinner!! You will eventually (sooner, rather than later) have virtually unstoppable nosebleeds. Don't ask me how I know. I should have known better. Aceteminophin is the only way to go in that case.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I always take Tylenol but I'm allergic to aspirin. I don't even remember the last time I took any Tylenol. Maybe I did last year some time. I don't remember, could have been in 2016 or 2017. I believe it's ok to take pills that are long past expiration.
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    I try to avoid OTC painkillers for something as basic as a headache, but if I have to choose, I'd go with acetaminophen. If you masturbate and climax, the orgasm in itself is a painkiller. :)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Gives a new meaning to the phrase “not tonight , honey I have a headache “ ;)
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > If you masturbate and climax, the orgasm in itself is a painkiller. :) If you enjoyed the masturbation, you should try the semen!
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Excedrin and coffee for a normal headache. The best hangover remedy I ever discovered was propel fitness water and fried eggs.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    @flag - this site may be helpful: [view link]
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    I've been told that both of them combined are some of the strongest OTC pain killers you can get.
  • Wanabefrank
    6 years ago
    Depends on the type of headache. If it’s migrainous then an NSAID is usually better like ibuprofen or naproxen. But I agree with using it sparingly, no more than 4 doses per week. If you have a chronic headache syndrome taking too much of either will cause medication overuse headache. Then you would need a daily preventive medication prescribed by a doctor.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    flagooner asked: "What's better for a headache?" It doesn't matter what you give her for it. She's still not having sex with you. ;)
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I always use ibuprofen. However, you should check the interaction warnings, if you are taking other medications. It can be harsh on the stomach, and it can be dangerous if you take blood thinners. Coffee can help too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion