founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Help us out... publish some reviews...

https://www.tuscl.net/up-reviews.php

this is for VIP members only.

94 comments

• chessmaster
    6 years ago
    I said yes for arnies and polekatz. That review of al's goldmine was a "free vip" review. Not sure if paradizio reviewer was saying his review was 2 years old or not. Didnt pick one or the other.

Is this going to be everyday?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I'm going to let VIP members decide the fate of reviews and free VIP time.

Enjoy the power.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I'm glad you listened to some of our feedback and implemented a new feature. Can't say how smoothly this feature will work out but I look forward to the honor system
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Wow. I could get used to this.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I'm sure there will be tweaks.

Keep in mind that the review author will see your comments and your nickname. Try to be civil.

• galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Nice!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Not sure how this is intended to work and if it will work.

I think it was Dolfan whom suggested a "like" type feature.

I think reviews should be published but have a "thumbs up" "thumbs down" type feature or similar to Amazon have a "was this review helpful" - VIP should be withheld for maybe 48 hours from posting to give the community a chance to view and vote
  • founder
    6 years ago
    A review will need a certain number of votes to be published or rejected. It's not based on one user's opinion.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    How will this be done - parsing out a few reviews to specific TUSCLers? Or will all reviews be visible and vited on by all TUSCLers/VIPs?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    It's for VIPs only
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Is this all reviews or only the ones initially rejected?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    All reviews
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I'm going to need more information on how this will work. Am I going to be expected to read every review submitted to TUSCL? or will I have a choice on whether to review it or not? I don't want to read a bunch of reviews on clubs that I am not interested in.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Shadow... You don't need to do anything. A review needs just a few votes to be approved or rejected.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It's not foolproof but def an improvement - i.e. there may be some good, or bad, reviews, that may not get any votes b/c no one was interested enough to read it b/c it's not a club of interest or maybe the few that read it didn't bother to vote - what happens to no/zero vote reviews?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ or low-vote reviews
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I have that covered papi. But I don't think a review will sit too long without getting voted on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    !
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Would be cool if there was some sort of up-vote or down-vote for discussion topics. Gives the community some control over what rises to the top based on popularity rather than most recent post (a feature that is sometimes abused by trolls and the occasional attention whore).

In any case, this seems like a good feature.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I am skeptical over troll accounts that will try to screw over some of our members from ever getting their reviews published (even when it's a high quality review)
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Most troll accounts aren't VIP.
  • Corvus
    6 years ago
    Interesting concept
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    We get more VIP on top of what we already have right?
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    Also, I just realized that I have no way to access the unpublished reviews other than through this thread.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I like the opportunity. I've already completed a couple of them.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    "Also, I just realized that I have no way to access the unpublished reviews other than through this thread."

Daily Reviews --> Help us out and publish some Unpublished Reviews
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    Power to the people?

Will be interesting to see how this experiment works out. Especially whether the voting members get any hate PMs if they downvote a review.
  • alerius
    6 years ago
    I like this feature and already did a couple. I did notice that this thread is the only way I can access. That will be a problem I think.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I gave it a try I’m a yes vote, let’s see how this works out.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I just voted yes on a few reviews and now I see that they are already published.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Your opinion is so valuable that your vote carries the weight of 20 others.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    This site has reviews?
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I think this is a good feature. We could vote no on any reviews that are too explicit or promote prostitution.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    At the risk of complicating things in necessarily could you @founder give us some feedback on our roles as proctors at regular intervals to let us know if we are performing the way you hoped.
  • sp
    6 years ago
    Hmm?? So how do reviews get reviewed and posted now? Is it just you, Founder, who does it? I've done one almost monthly since 2002. Does that make me a VIP? LOL! #ibetterbrushuponmywritingskills
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Founder made this board for us (and for $). I personally like that he has given us the ability to govern ourselves. This takes it a bit further. I like it.

Plus it takes him out of the loop so it isn't a time suck for him and he doesn't have to hear our complaints.

Win-Win
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    Looks like I'll never be VIP again. I doubt the clubs I review get looked at
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Win - Win - Win
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    ....^ your an ass
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    good idea. If you look at the rationale for recommending for or against publication, you might be able to extract some general community guidelines for acceptable (and unacceptable) content for a review.

For me, the review should describe the club, the entertainers and the customer experience in sufficient detail that I would know what to expect. Also, it should NOT link specific dancer names with specific activities that could get the dancer (or the club) in trouble.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Don't like the format for reviewing - it needs to list all the reviews that require vetting - I don't wanna be reading/vetting reviews that don't interest me. List of reviews needing vetting should be shown in short and long formats. My 2 cents.

Will all reviews require to be voted-on/vetted?

Also don't think it's a good idea for the vetter's name to appear in order to avoid a back and forth flame war.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Moi?

And it's you're.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    "Also don't think it's a good idea for the vetter's name to appear in order to avoid a back and forth flame war."

If the same members are downvoting valid reviews just because, they won't be hard to spot. Maybe there will be a way to revoke the vote privilege for those who abuse it. When I took a look yesterday I only voted for one to test the feature, but all if them looked ok. Didn't see the two line one that got mentioned.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Papi... You don't have to read any reviews. But you now have the option to.

Estafador, your reviews will eventually be acted upon, even if you think no one will read them.

I have been analyzing the rejected reviews and comments. I think the comments to the author will greatly increase the quality of reviews.

Thanks again for helping out.

• Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    So far I like it. To get to the unpublished reviews without this link go to daily reviews and there is a link at the top of that page.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Is there a way that a vetter can pick which reviews to vet - unless I'm confused it seems TUSCL picks them at random one at a time.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Interesting tweak.

Founder said: "I'm going to let VIP members decide the fate of reviews and free VIP time." and "It's for VIPs only."

Does this mean that only the paid VIPs get the vote or all VIPs (paid and free 30-dayers)?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    All unpublished reviews are visible to all VIP members (unless you already voted on it or it's your own review)

They are not shown one at a time.

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^VIP is just that there doesn’t seem to be a separate category of VIPs.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Great improvement to the website. Thank you, founder.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Nice idea. You’ll undoubtedly find things to tweak as the feature is used more.

Is the list any given user sees comprised of all the reviews not yet adjudicated, or is it just a random sample?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Gmd... It's all unpublished reviews

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Confused.

In the daily reviews I see a list of reviews and a separate option for vetting a review - I don't see how I can pick the specific review I wanna vet (when I click on "unpublished reviews" seems a random review comes up for vetting) - i.e. by vetting a specific review I wanna read I'm killing two birds with one stone and this provides higher vetting participation, IMO.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Papi... If you're only seeing one review it means there is only one review in the queue.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    If there are any reviews submitted that have not received 3 votes up or down, they will be sitting there for vetting. I've voted on several today, and have seen more than one at a time if there was more than one waiting.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    So all the other reviews I see listed were already vetted, or are u only picking certain reviews for public vetting
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    e.g. - in today's list - Sensations in Jacksonville, was it already vetted? If not how can I vet it when I see it in the list.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    "I think reviews should be published but have a "thumbs up" "thumbs down" type feature or similar to Amazon have a "was this review helpful"
    "Don't like the format for reviewing - it needs to list all the reviews that require vetting - I don't wanna be reading/vetting reviews that don't interest me. List of reviews needing vetting should be shown in short and long formats"
    "Is there a way that a vetter can pick which reviews to vet"
    "I don't see how I can pick the specific review I wanna vet (when I click on "unpublished reviews" seems a random review comes up for vetting)"

Do you ever stop complaining?
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    Papi, it's very simple.

People upload reviews. They all now get temporarily shown via a link at the top of the page that only VIP members can see and the typed reviews don't show who the submitter is or the 10 star rating system. Once the text contents of a review receives a certain amount of positive or negative votes (I'm guessing the number is 3), it is either permanently posted as a review with all the other star rankings and poster's name or it is scrubbed from the system.

As such, reviews that are permanently approved by the community will be published throughout the day instead of the usual way which was a wave of reviews getting published 3 or 4 times a day.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Thank you orangepicture. That's pretty much exactly the process.

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    So once one sees a new review posted that means it wss already vetted?
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    Yes! If the review is seen directly by clicking on the "Daily Reviews" link, without the ability to vote on it, it shows the poster's name and avatar and shows the star rating system, it has been uprooted by the community and is a permanent review.
  • orangepicture
    6 years ago
    ^ "uprooted" should have been "upvoted". Stupid auto-correct.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @founder where do we get to see the reviewers comments that you spoke of
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Can some send Papi the latest edition of TUSCL for Dummies?
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I like it. It would be even better if our votes were weighted by how trusted we are ;).
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It’s a cool feature. I like it. I like the idea of us reviewing and voting on reviews. Thanks Founder!
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    will the review author get the benefit of feedback of our opinions?
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    ^ you want to be reviewed for your review of reviews?
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Oh, or did you mean if you are a review author, you want to revive the comments members made when voting?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    If a review is rejected, the author gets an email with the comments and who commented
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’m missing the indian packers and movers... NOT!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @flag

I guess I deserved to be patronized this time
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I wanna review discussion topics too!! ;P
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @founder out of curiosity if a revue is accepted does the reviewer get to see the voting tallies and a chance to up his game by seeing the comments?
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Can we see some of the other metadata when we screen the reviews? Technically not required to make a decision, but if I'm reading the review anyway I might as well know if it was a friday night, if/how they answered the other questions, etc.

Also, just curious. Do you plan to re-review the ones reject?
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Also, is it a simple count? Like if the threshold is 3, does that mean 3 total Yes votes, or 3 more yes's than no's?

And, could we get the feedback on any no votes even if the review is published? Maybe the yes votes too. Or put them in as the first comments maybe? Just thinking it may be useful to know if I got two complaints about some shitty aspect of my reviews even though they were still deemed "good enough" by others.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    What happened to the top 40 lists? Just asking.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    T40 lists will return. Just tweaking the algorithms.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Where are our pictures
  • founder
    6 years ago
    What pictures?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I used to have a whole bunch of pics in my profile - since the top-40 lists are coming-back, so should pics in one's profile
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Founder said: "If a review is rejected, the author gets an email with the comments and who commented."

Perhaps scrub would be disappointed that the rejected reviewer would get only an email of the rejection and scrub is deprived of the opportunity to publicly shame the reviewer.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    ^lol

Founder, a suggestion if i may. Can you make it so we dont have to fill in the "why or why not" if i pick yes? I can only think of so many different reasons why it should be published.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The system seems to be working. I submitted an obviously unacceptable review and it was promptly turned down.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ what a dick - wasting our resources for his amusement
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    :-)
  • goosman
    6 years ago
    I like it. Keeps out the riff raff.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There should be a quick view to make it easier to scroll multiple reviews (and the star ratings along with time of visit should be displayed).

On smartphones, the yes/no text-box is too small and seems one can't scroll back to check for typos.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    I got my review approved in 5 minutes! Is this because members are in charge of voting it in?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^I didn’t see it I’d have voted no just to fuck with you;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Does Papi leave a 5 page explanation for his vote?
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    So will there be a permanent link for unpublished reviews added, or do we have to bookmark or dig up this thread?
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    There’s a link at the top of the Daily Reviews Page.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion