tuscl

Confessions Of A...Pole Dancer

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"Have you been treated badly while working as a dancer? "

"I cannot remember a single shift where I did not have an unpleasant or ‘challenging’ experience. I think it's the nature of the profession. Although the law protects us and it’s illegal to touch us dancers, nobody really follows the law. We get groped, slapped on the derrière, people say inappropriate things all the time... When you remind customers that they cannot touch you, it’ll be blamed on you: "I thought you wanted me to slap your ass.” In the mind of the customers it's your fault if you're violated. And it's not just men who grope us. Women do it too. You have to grow a thick skin, and you have to learn how to protect yourself. When you get violated as an exotic dancer it's as if it’s your own fault because you’ve chosen this profession and you're asking for it, wearing skimpy clothes and walking around in sexy lingerie. The world differentiates between regular women and strippers. So if anything bad happens to a stripper it's her own fault."

https://www.refinery29.uk/pole-dancer-jo…

22 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Sounds like the ranting of a dancer whose butt plug fell in.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Someone call the “Wa”mbulance!

Waaaaaa!!! I’m a stripper and guys won’t just hand their money over to me for taking my clothes off, whah whah whaaah!!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    She might be in the wrong profession.

It pays a lot less - but she might want to practice saying “Do you want fries with that?” Less inappropriate touching at the drive through window.

Waffle House might be hiring? Although if you work where Juice lives - you might be touched inappropriately too.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    Just because you know something bad is coming doesn't make it any better when it happens.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I’d never go to another club if all, or even most, of the dancers had her attitude.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    I don't see much whining here, just a statement of facts. The fact that she is still a dancer shows that she accepts that she will be faced with some abusive customers and will deal with them. That doesn't mean that she has to enjoy it!
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I'll give her this much.....she's being honest on some points, which is more than I gather out of most of the articles I see out on the Internet.

As a rule anytime I see an article in print it's typically with the mystical unicorn that chooses the profession because she likes people and saves enough money while at the same time going to school to get her undergrad, grad, and doctorate simultaneously as she funds the cure of cancer without touching a drop of liquor or any type of drug.

The job gives her the opportunity to learn people skills as well that ensure her a six figure job for a major corporation unless she decides to start her own business typically in real estate or fashion.......

All cynicism aside I am sure there are women who do save money and do go on to having a happy and successful life after working in a strip club ( I also feel it depends a lot on the club environment she works in) but the % is from what I have seen less that 5% and even those 5% have been impacted on some level.
  • bamadave
    6 years ago
    Ok, I am dating a dancer, I am in the club regularly and see what she has to put up with, and sometimes the customers go way to far (or at least try to). Yes, she does have serious attitude when that happens, and I do not blame her in the least, I do not consider that girl to be whining, though will admit that some do.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    I agree with this statement in the OP.

I don’t want to be pinched, slapped, groped by someone while just passing by on the floor, or my personal favorite:

Song is over, so I ask,

“Would you like to keep dancing?”

Customer replies “No,” while grabbing straight for [whatever body part].

There is one thing I ask people not to do in dances and they do it all the time intentionally and say “I can’t help it!” Are you a child?? Yes you can.

Yesterday I danced for a young woman, they are the worst and we all hate them. She pinched my nipple so hard I literally slapped her in the face because I was trying to pry her hand away as she was doing it, it hurt so bad that the slap was an instinct since I’m sure she could tell I wanted her to stop (I was saying “stop stop stop stop stop”) and I had no other line of defense.

Mostly I try to be nice but when you go home you are allowed to feel these frustrations and think these thoughts. And it’s not a crime to talk or write about them.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    pinksugardoll.....why are young women the worst?

some customers feel they can do whatever they want because they've paid for the dance. but dancers are still women and you should be respectful. speaking of nipples, my favorite stripper lets me suck hers to my hearts content, but i've never really tried biting them because i feel like it might hurt her. (like the woman who pinched your nipple pinksugardoll)

i've always assumed that most customers are respectful and the rude/disrespectful ones are the exception.........but maybe that's not the case
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    This discussion has no merit - until Poledancer offers her insight.

If this is true confessions - then I’m sure Poledancer has some very naughty ones!
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    I don't have a lot of trouble with customers that try to get physical with me past my boundaries as much as I do with customers (guys and girls) that come into the club (usually in groups) either with a sour attitude, openly make fun of or taunt the dancers, or have the typical "retail nightmare customer" attitude - expecting only solid 10/10 girls and treating the girls that aren't their type in the slightest like complete shit.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    I don’t *usually* have trouble either, most people are very nice and I generally have fun at work.

I’m the opposite of you Eve, I do not give those kinds of people a second look, I know they are going to ruin my night! If I was Jenna Jameson in her prime and gave them the Best Lapper Ever Danced, these kinds of people would still would be like, “I got a dance from a stripper and she ripped me off for $20,” or, “I could tell she was wearing perfume, that was not her natural scent, these strippers are so fake,” or something else very annoying, unrealistic, or catch 22-ish.

Vikings—I meant women in general, not specifically young women.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    pinksugardoll

but what makes women so bad? give me some examples/reasons as to why you don't like them.....and why your stripper friends don't like them. i'm curious
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    I just gave an example.

They think because they’re the same gender as the dancers they can do and touch anywhere and everything with no permission, no discussion, such as pulling your panties off you in a situation where you may not be allowed, like on stage in a topless only club, without any warningAqq. They are haters and they talk down to or about us or our coworkers, or they come to the club unwillingly.

Mostly it is because they don’t think strip club etiquette applies to them.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    thanks pinksugardoll, i understand.

that's interesting. if i had to guess, i would have guessed that women customers are nicer. i never would have guessed that they're worse than guys.

• Eve
    6 years ago
    Sadly, PinkSugarDoll is spot on about a lot of female customers. When I'm not working and actually out clubbing, I try to set a good example for the handful of lady custies that actually are fun and support the dancers. But everything PSD described is why girl custies and couples are ignored 90% of the time they come into the club. Depending on my mood, I may try and engage with them anyway, but most strippers just don't feel like dealing with the potential attitude they could bring and leave them alone unless they actually have a dancer they want to talk to/get dances with.

Thankfully in my home club, from what I've observed, we get more of the positive or neutral girl patrons than the negative types.
  • mjx01
    6 years ago
    If you don't like the mileage at a club, find a different club.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    I knew someone was going to say that. ^^

That’s not what we are talking about at all actually, mileage is not part of this discussion.

:)

Eve, same here, I will try every now and then but usually it’s either not worth the trouble or they are expecting EVERYTHING for nothing. And by everything I don’t just mean like FS—it could just be that they expect you to talk to them for an hour and then you’ve earned one dance from them.

Vikings, yes, you would think women would be better as customers but people surprise me every day in the SC, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Warren boy
    Have you been reading too many Nina posts?
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    @ flagooner---more so reading too many articles on the Internet that hit the same points as if they are the norm and not finding any dancer out in the real world matching up--not even close.

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ I was being a bit facetious. But except for the part about drugs and alcohol, doesn't this pretty well describe Nina?

"it's typically with the mystical unicorn that chooses the profession because she likes people and saves enough money while at the same time going to school to get her undergrad, grad, and doctorate simultaneously as she funds the cure of cancer without touching a drop of liquor or any type of drug.

The job gives her the opportunity to learn people skills as well that ensure her a six figure job for a major corporation unless she decides to start her own business..."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion