tuscl

Founder feedback -- Recent Reviews tab changes

pensionking
Illinois
I encourage the group to provide feedback to @Founder for a recent change to our beloved TUSCL.

I regularly read the reviews across the country each day as a source of information and entertainment. If I happen to have business travel, I will often go back and get caught up on two or three days of reviews at once. Through this daily reading, I have a greater sense of places I would like to visit soon (TJ, So Cal, Atlanta, NJ, TX, Detroit, FL) and places I will avoid (TN, UT, NYC, Chicago, etc.).

Now, with the change to the Recent Reviews tab. I am forced to click review by review if I wish to read every review posted today. I fear this is going to act as an unintended deterrent to my daily perusing of other's reviews. I much prefer the previous format. While I can see more club names at a glance, for me, the cons outweigh the pros for this change.

Am I alone in my views??

Otherwise, congrats @Founder for your other website upgrades and for making the Discussions easier to read by discouraging the thread hijacking that has been proliferating recently.

25 comments

• Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Why not allow both? Put a toggle button on the page for condensed view or display-all
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    I agree with you 100% and I saw that other members mentioned the same thing. I'm thinking the change makes it easier for Founder in some way. Maybe it saves bandwidth? I don't know anything about running websites, so I'm not sure.

All I know is, the recent reviews was infinitely better the way it was. I used to be able to go on a flight where I had no access to WiFi and just load up a long page of reviews and read them all. Also like the OP, this is how I plan trips to the good areas/clubs. With this new method, I can only have one review loaded up and that's it.

Some of the changes are ok, but the recent reviews tab was perfect the way it was before. I also vote to revert this section back to the old way.

That's funny, OP. I have the EXACT same list of places I want to visit AND avoid. I mean exactly the same! Lol!
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I like the short reviews summary only option, but don't like the switching days at the bottom on desktop.

I never like the changes though, so who knows...
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    @Trucidos - stop kissing Founder’s ass, you jabroni
  • WillMunny
    7 years ago
    Agree that having the toggle option is preferable to only the "short list" and having to load each individual review.

On a related note, I personally prefer the pull-down version of the base navigation menu, which seems to be missing on the pages with the updated format.

@Founder - let me know if you need a screen shot for any of the above. :-)
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    I actually like the new format better. I can skip around faster.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I agree with op. I preferred how it was before.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    Agreed with OP
  • ArtCollege
    7 years ago
    I also agree with OP
  • DeclineToState
    7 years ago
    Another vote for OP's plea. Please restore scroll of reviews as an option. Reading of reviews will decrease if ya gotta click on each one.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Check out the verbose listing. Should work much like the old full review.

thanks for the feedback.

• DeclineToState
    7 years ago
    Way to go @ founder - thank you for restoring the scroll option for reviews (Verbose listing).
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Thanks for giving us both options.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Thank you for actually listening to the feedback, Founder.
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    Thanks @Founder! Awesome!!
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Long live Founder! King of the pls
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I prefer the old setup with just a simple toggle switch b/w the 2 views rather than having to load separate pages, but this is good enough
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    How do you bring up the verbose listing?
  • founder
    7 years ago
    I consolidated it to one page. Just click on full view.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Founder do you plan to bring back full view to the club reviews?
  • founder
    7 years ago
    yes... that and user reviews will all work like daily reviews (2 options)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Having the hidden drop-down menu in *every* view is more efficient - e.g. currently if one is reading the daily reviews one can't jump straight to the discussions page - one has to lick the "menu" page to *load* a menu page then select discussions - more efficient to have a drop-down menu rather than loading a whole new page to get the menu then load another page to get to the page you wanna go.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I just licked the "menu" page to *load* a menu page, but nothing happened other than my screen getting all wet.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ you must not know how to lick it right to get the proper response
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The discussion board is most useful when sorted by "Last Comment" - but seems it takes many newbs a while to figure out one can sort the discussion board - thus I think "Last Comment" should be the default option so newbs don't struggle keeping up w/ the threads
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion