Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Founder feedback -- Recent Reviews tab changes

pensionking

Illinois

8 yrs ago · 1 min read

I encourage the group to provide feedback to @Founder for a recent change to our beloved TUSCL.

I regularly read the reviews across the country each day as a source of information and entertainment. If I happen to have business travel, I will often go back and get caught up on two or three days of reviews at once. Through this daily reading, I have a greater sense of places I would like to visit soon (TJ, So Cal, Atlanta, NJ, TX, Detroit, FL) and places I will avoid (TN, UT, NYC, Chicago, etc.).

Now, with the change to the Recent Reviews tab. I am forced to click review by review if I wish to read every review posted today. I fear this is going to act as an unintended deterrent to my daily perusing of other's reviews. I much prefer the previous format. While I can see more club names at a glance, for me, the cons outweigh the pros for this change.

Am I alone in my views??

Otherwise, congrats @Founder for your other website upgrades and for making the Discussions easier to read by discouraging the thread hijacking that has been proliferating recently.

Replies (25)Latest

Profile picture for Lurker_X
Lurker_X
•

Why not allow both? Put a toggle button on the page for condensed view or display-all

Profile picture for TFP
TFP
•

I agree with you 100% and I saw that other members mentioned the same thing. I'm thinking the change makes it easier for Founder in some way. Maybe it saves bandwidth? I don't know anything about running websites, so I'm not sure.

All I know is, the recent reviews was infinitely better the way it was. I used to be able to go on a flight where I had no access to WiFi and just load up a long page of reviews and read them all. Also like the OP, this is how I plan trips to the good areas/clubs. With this new method, I can only have one review loaded up and that's it.

Some of the changes are ok, but the recent reviews tab was perfect the way it was before. I also vote to revert this section back to the old way.

That's funny, OP. I have the EXACT same list of places I want to visit AND avoid. I mean exactly the same! Lol!

Profile picture for Dolfan
Dolfan
•

I like the short reviews summary only option, but don't like the switching days at the bottom on desktop.

I never like the changes though, so who knows...

Profile picture for realDougster
realDougster
•

@Trucidos - stop kissing Founder’s ass, you jabroni

Profile picture for Lloyd_Gross
Lloyd_Gross
•

Agree that having the toggle option is preferable to only the "short list" and having to load each individual review.

On a related note, I personally prefer the pull-down version of the base navigation menu, which seems to be missing on the pages with the updated format.

@Founder - let me know if you need a screen shot for any of the above. :-)

Profile picture for Huntsman
Huntsman
•

I actually like the new format better. I can skip around faster.

S
Supremeruler
•

I agree with op. I preferred how it was before.

Profile picture for PrimetimeSchein
PrimetimeSchein
•

Agreed with OP

Profile picture for ArtCollege
ArtCollege
•

I also agree with OP

Profile picture for DeclineToState
DeclineToState
•

Another vote for OP's plea. Please restore scroll of reviews as an option. Reading of reviews will decrease if ya gotta click on each one.

Profile picture for founder
founder
•

Check out the verbose listing. Should work much like the old full review.

thanks for the feedback.

Profile picture for DeclineToState
DeclineToState
•

Way to go @ founder - thank you for restoring the scroll option for reviews (Verbose listing).

Profile picture for Huntsman
Huntsman
•

Thanks for giving us both options.

Profile picture for TFP
TFP
•

Thank you for actually listening to the feedback, Founder.

Profile picture for pensionking
pensionking
•

Thanks @Founder! Awesome!!

Profile picture for MackTruck
MackTruck
•

Long live Founder! King of the pls

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

I prefer the old setup with just a simple toggle switch b/w the 2 views rather than having to load separate pages, but this is good enough

Profile picture for PrimetimeSchein
PrimetimeSchein
•

How do you bring up the verbose listing?

Profile picture for founder
founder
•

I consolidated it to one page. Just click on full view.

S
Supremeruler
•

Founder do you plan to bring back full view to the club reviews?

Profile picture for founder
founder
•

yes... that and user reviews will all work like daily reviews (2 options)

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

Having the hidden drop-down menu in every view is more efficient - e.g. currently if one is reading the daily reviews one can't jump straight to the discussions page - one has to lick the "menu" page to load a menu page then select discussions - more efficient to have a drop-down menu rather than loading a whole new page to get the menu then load another page to get to the page you wanna go.

Profile picture for flagooner
flagooner
•

I just licked the "menu" page to load a menu page, but nothing happened other than my screen getting all wet.

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

^ you must not know how to lick it right to get the proper response

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

The discussion board is most useful when sorted by "Last Comment" - but seems it takes many newbs a while to figure out one can sort the discussion board - thus I think "Last Comment" should be the default option so newbs don't struggle keeping up w/ the threads

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement