tuscl

Ever lost a valuable at a strip club?

Eve
Where there's a hole, there's a way. [HIATUS]
Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:38 PM
Tonight at work, one of my regulars came in to see me. We did some dances. Chatted some more. He left. 15 minutes after he leaves, he blows up my phone saying that he lost his iWatch in the club and desperately wanted me to check our VIP room or our seats to see if it was there. The waitress and I checked and found nothing, I informed him and told him to check around his car in case it slipped off before he came in. Fast forward to closing. There's only me and one girl left, and I'm getting dressed. Suddenly from behind me, she starts talking to me. "Can this thing connect to your phone? It's asking for a passcode." I perk up and look at her. In her hand is an iWatch. I asked her where she found it. "Who does it belong to?" I told her about my regular freaking out about it earlier. "Um... this is mine." I just laughed and told her that she literally just asked me who it belonged to. A deep guilty look crosses her face before she tries to cover what she said with "I was just kidding!" In the end. I got the watch for safe keeping until I see him again. The other girl was fixing to steal it. So in a way, it makes you wonder how often things are genuinely 'lost' compared to how often it's lost, but someone finds it but decided to keep it to try and make a pretty penny. Experiences?

46 comments

• whodey
    7 years ago
    Never lost anything but I had a girl try to steal my phone during a vip. Only thing that stopped her was that she was too stupid to turn it off. When I realized it was gone the bouncer was helping me look for it and he had asked her and the other girls that I had gotten dances from if they had seen it. She and the other girls all said no. Then the bouncer pulled out his phone and asked for my number. Suddenly her Crown Royal purse started ringing as she tried to hide it under the table while figuring out how to turn the ringer off. The bouncer grabbed the bag, handed me my phone and told her to go to the office. A few minutes later the owner came out to see if I wanted to press charges and offered a free vip with the girl of my choice to make up for the issue.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Some strippers will steal from customers and other dancers. Dancers learn to keep their cash locked up. I haven't lost anything in strip clubs except my money and my mind.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    I’ve only lost my dignity.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    I actually left my license and credit card at a club once. They kept it behind the bar for the night and I forgot about it when I left. Had to drive back the next morning (without a license) and pick it up as soon as they opened. I knew the manager well and he let me in early and showed me around the club and took me back and showed me the locker rooms, kitchen, offices, etc. Have to admit, seeing the club with the lights on, the cleaning crew, the employees getting ready for opening, the barbacks stocking the coolers, no music, no multicolor lights, etc. made for a different type of feel then a customer usually sees when they go to a club.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Thanks for watching out for your customers!
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve been lucky - as I’ve not lost any valuables in a club yet. I try to only have a few drinks, as I don’t want to lose my bearings, and possibly lose something. Amazing stories! Some of the thief dancers are foiled by their own stupidity.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    yes, lost my Vikings lanyard which holds my keys. Ended up finding it when I went back to the club on that same night. I also found a small wad of money when I went back to the club searching for my lanyard. It’s not uncommon for money to drop and hit the floor in a club and because clubs are typically dark people don’t always notice right away :-)
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    I am drunk. My ATF gets up from her seat and heads for the CR. I follow. Enjoyable half hour. I go to pay here and I realize I have lost half my money, around $450. I am bummed because it is gone. Walk out of the CR and one of the bouncers comes up to me and says shake my hand, so I do. $450 is placed in my hand. He says after you went to the CR I noticed it under your seat. Tip and gratitude. Thank you Club Desire.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    2006- Jaguars in Fat City is one of the first clubs to reopen with full bar and dancers after Hurricane Katrina. I had a brand new $600 Motorola ROKR phone with my whole iTunes collection. Lost it somewhere in a club that was packed to the rafters. Used my friend's phone to call it and call it but was too loud and too crowded to see where it was and who might have it. That sucked ass since it was the second phone in a row I lost, so I paid full price for that and the next phone to replace it - no contract rebates or discounts. 2008: Ricks Cabaret In the FQ. I'm carrying the awards and trophies for an awards dinner at Arnauds (next to Ricks), but we never got around to presentations at dinner, so I held them to give out at the meeting the next day. When we go to Ricks, the attendant agrees to hold them behind the counter. I stay until closing, and the girl is no longer at the counter. I tell a bouncer I need my bag, and he said no. I asked him to just let me look, and he refused. I offered him a $20, and be threw me out. As he's walking me towards the door, I break towards the counter and leap over. The bag is right there, so I grab it. He's moving towards the door to the attendant room, so I leap back over the counter, run out the door, and sprint for two blocks down Bourbon Street, at 3am, wearing wingtips and a tuxedo. Good times. The plaques and trophies were just plastic, wood, and some generic steel. I have never understood why he made such an issue of refusing to check.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    I recently left my car keys in the PD room, so I had to go back in and interrupt a dance in progress. Awkward!
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    MartJane left my cell phone in the VIP a handful of times. Each time I noticed quickly and got it back. Most of the time it was still there when I went back to check. One time the bouncer had it. But I have no doubt it could quickly disappear for good if I had delayed in going back for it.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I left my sperm behind a few times. That's pretty valuable.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    No. But then again, I try to leave as much of value at home or in my car when I go to a strip club. Stories like this are the reason why.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Left my glasses in VIP once. I knew it as soon as I started to drive on US1. Went back and walked to VIP and they were right where I left them. Nothing but a little time wasted. Now if you count a dud dancer, yes, I left valuable money with them.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I've picked up around $80 or so (a couple of twenties, a five and of course many ones) off of the floors in SCs over the years and of course used it on strippers right away, but i've also lost a benji once :( so i guess there might be some karma at play. I've had my phone temporarily stolen in right in front of me before i was able to get it back. Never underestimate the desperation of drug addiction. Kudos to you for doing the honest thing. Your regular might appreciate you even more.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    I had a necklace my boyfriend got me with a little gold crown charm on it that I "lost." I turned my head away from it for 5 seconds. It was gone. I also had a sapphire and diamond ring my boyfriend also got me that slipped off when I was on stage. When I got off to look for it, I figured it had just rolled into a corner. Never found it. The bouncers and I searched everywhere at the end of the night, it was simply never found. I should not have been wearing that sentimental jewelry anyway. The night I lost my ring I got super drunk and wanted to fight everyone. I was pissed.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I lost an inexpensive watch once. I didn't even realize it was gone until the next day 300 miles away. A month later, not knowing that I had lost my watch, my ATF gave me a new one for Christmas. My daughter knowing that I had lost my watch also gave me a new one for Christmas. This is where it gets weird. The 2 new watches were identical.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    I had a dancer lose her phone while dancing for me. She put her stuff on the bar next to my drink, did a couple of dances, and when she took of forgot her phone. I didn’t notice it sitting there until several minutes later, and she was long gone and the club was very crowded (this was at Follies) so there is no way I was going to track her down. I held on to it do it wouldn’t get lost again. About a half hour later she walked by making her rounds. She was going to go right by me, so I tapped her on the shoulder and handed her the phone. She thanked me and said she had been looking for it, but obviously had no idea she had left it with me. In retrospect, I guess I could have turned it in to the DJ as I have heard him announce found phones a couple of times since then, but I didn’t think of it at the time. Plus seats at the bar at Follies are like gold. If you get up for even a minute you might lose it.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Silver tie clip my now deceased brother gave me, gone forever, Silver tiff money clip I got in Vegas, gone forever, both items were most likely lifted as I searched all locations. Money clip was like $150 new but it was a few years old. They were shiney and easily pocketed. Lost phone once but got it back, CF lost her phone and I found it. Had my phone lifted right in front of me by a dancer when she walked off in a huff when I refused dances. Got it back and she said she said she thought it was hers...ok. I make it a practice now to take just my cash, phone, and a modest watch to the club. Wallet, credit cards, jewelry, etc. at home or hidden in the car. Never had anything lifted by the Valet...
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    I've started taking my Samsung S7 into the club with me in order to get strippers' phone numbers and Facebook names. I've managed to "lose" it briefly on two recent visits, so I think I'll leave it in the car from now on. Other than that, I have often lost my dignity and some precious bodily fluids.
  • TXbananas
    7 years ago
    I lost my favorite bottle opener in a BYOB club once. It was a stainless steel Ace of Spades card where the spade was cut out to open bottles... more sentimental value than anything. Let me know if you see it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Early to mid 2000s while I was still a fairly green SCer and also not TUSCLarly educated - lost my wallet with my CCs and DL in it (had the cash in a separate pocket) - got it back the next day but I also had a $100 club VIP card in it that was gone. I think that was the last time I may have taken my wallet inside a SC. Lost my cell ph a time or two but got it back (I have a cheap ph)
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc, Great to see you active again, at least here, for now. Likely, your daughter and ATF talked about what you wanted, the watch perhaps. Then separately, each decided to get you the watch.
  • DrStab
    7 years ago
    I have the lowest expectations for dancers and SC workers, for good reason as documented in stories above. During a lunch break stop at a low-end club, I lost my security card in the private dance area. Didn’t realize I lost it until I got back to work. Called the club and the biker-like bouncer found it and gave it back. I really did not want to go through the security office to report a lost card and go through that BS. My faith in SC humanity was restored, but I am still very cautious.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I have a separate wallet for clubbing. Only cash my drivers license, and club membership. And a few scraps of paper just in case I need to write a note or a stripper's number
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Lost my keys once at the Landing Strip here in Detroit once, fortunately I had a 2nd set, but I returned to the VIP room and searched for them and found them.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    ^^Must have been fun feeling around the sticky floor looking for your keys.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Don't know how valuable it was, but I lost my naïveté at a club. More year ago than I care to count.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I've lost a condom b/f while walking from the LD-area to the bathroom while still wearing it - "valuable" in the sense it could have been very embarassing if someone would have actually noticed when it fell off.
  • RTP
    7 years ago
    I lost my Fitbit at St. James in Houston during an afternoon visit. I did not realize it until evening and I drove there looking for it. The door girl actually knew what I was talking about and told me that a girl found it and took it home with her. She assured me that I would get it back. She told me to come back the next day. I came back the next day and I was told the girl was on her way. I waited about 15 minutes and sure enough a dancer shows up and gives me my fitbit. She told me that she actually drove about 45 minutes to give it to me and was headed back home because she was not working that day. I am not sure of the total story, but I do think that the management team had great integrity and made sure I got it back. Good end for me as I was quite a Fitbit devotee at the time.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    @Papi Embarrassing? If they were to notice, that would be the perfect opportunity to bow and acknowledge the applause.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ you sick-puppy
  • Eve
    7 years ago
    "I left my sperm behind a few times. That's pretty valuable." It's not smiled upon to leave your kids behind.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    It is very rare I take anything into a SC I cannot afford to lose, other than the burner phone I use for my fun activities. Left my primary cell phone in VIP at Bourbon Street Circus one time. Realized the screw up about two minutes later and went right back in and found it where I had left it. That scared me badly and I've never taken it into a SC again. I usually don't even take my car keys inside, only the fob to unlock the car. I have enjoyed reading all the responses here, reminding me to never take anything unnecessary into a Club.
  • UKfan
    7 years ago
    A strip club stole my debit card number at the bar. My bank called me ten days later about fraudulent charges, and I was like yep I know who stole it. The Harem in Dayton is shady as fuck.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ w/ few exceptions, it's very-unwise to hand one's card over to a s strip-club employee - plenty of stories of PLs getting ripped-off for $100s and sometimes $1000s
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I've mostly lost all shame
  • THE CHAINDOG
    7 years ago
    I had a dancer take a gun off my belt :-P
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I lost a valuable once after she got fired for getting into a stripper fight. Otherwise, the times I have left a phone, it has been returned by club staff or I went back and found it where it fell out of my pocket. There was one dancer who seemed to be trying to steal my phone, but I noticed it not in my pocket away and it always turned up either under her chair or the under the couch in the dance room.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I found someone's phone in a club one time a few years ago by sitting on it. I put it on my table and was going to take it to the front desk of the club whenever I left. Not more than 30 minutes later, I saw a bouncer and a group searching nearby tables about 50 feet away. As the bouncer got within hearing distance, I asked him if they were looking for a phone. He said yes and took it. I didn't even get a thank you. I do believe what goes around comes back. Fast forward to this year. I took off my phone during a lap dance and didn't notice I didn't have it on me for 30 to 60 minutes. I was afraid I lost it. Searched the lap dance area with help from the manager. Walked back out with no luck but the manager asked the bouncer on duty there, he had it and after asking what kind of phone it was I guess to verify I lost it he have it to me. I did thank him. Before that I lost a cheap watch and some cash from my pocket on a couple different occasions. If a dancer tries to keep a iwatch or phone she is not only stupid, but risking criminal prosecution over a few bucks plus the possibility of getting fired. People can call the police if they don't immediately find the device and trace the devices. If caught with stolen goods, well they deserve whatever they get. I wouldn't hesitate to press charges against someone who stole my device. Of course I would expect the club to fire her as well. I would warn every other club in the area too. I would have her name from the arrest warrant which would likely get published online for everyone to see her name. Just a warning for those who steal. I hope people who get their phone stolen press charges rather than let thieves get away even if it's a dancer.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    one time i lost my fancy combined key/ and fob at spearmint rhino rialto. i told the head bouncer about it. lucky i had a spare hidden on the car. by my next visit the crew found that key and had it waiting for me. now i carry only a cheap key copy into the club. which i lost one many visits later. it still hasn't turned up.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    needless to say i have learned to travel lite. only what i absolutely need.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    another time i lost my t shirt and glasses... she left me right in the middle of a vip. then the bouncer came in and i was standing there in just my gym shorts. he went to the girls dressing room and found them. at least i had grabbed my shorts as she left the vip. (she was rather drunk and fun up until she walked out.)
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    LOL this thread made me think of the Married with Children episode where Marcie loses her wedding ring in a male stripper's underwear.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I had $80 fall out of my pocket, never found it. Had to hit the club ATM to pay my fave. Only time I've ever hit the club ATM. I thought I had left my ATM card one time at the club, but as it turns out I left it in the ATM machine when I was getting cash for my trip. This was when you had to put your card in the ATM and it would disappear. Grabbed the money and took off before the card came out. Guess I was excited to get to the club!
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    I lost my phone once. I believe it was a galaxy S 3 at the time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion